Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
9,761 - 9,780 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Buck doesn't understand English that well it seems.
Stay away from Mr.`Crick`s` semantic ballet, you will only waste your time.

The colour black can suddenly become a rainbow if it suits his particular argument. However an impossible standard of proof and demands to adhere to rules of intellectual honesty will be strictly applied to your own.

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

If only pounds of fat were IQ Buck would be a genius!

Alas :(

And this has been explained to fatass Buck dozens of times, NS even going as far to provide him several links to several dictionaries and as expected he stuck his fingers in his ears and screamed no no no!!

Rather childish but then again he drives a repo truck while claiming to have his PHD in microbiology. I mean who would want to make 6 figures a year in a prestigious easy job that they went to college for when they could instead make 30k a year driving a truck?

Lol :))
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, it's disbelief.

If you can't understand the difference between belief and disbelief, then you are obviously far more gone than we all originally thought.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Muq you are losing the debate badly with atheists and so you wish to try to reinvent what an atheist is to suit your needs. Sorry but an atheist is just a disbeliever in gods.

Several words have a negative meaning thousands at least. Sadly your lack of education is showing here.

For example an infidel is one without faith. Are you saying the word infidel does not exist?

1: Educate yourself
2: So the word Infidel doesn't exist?
3: No that was never said, what was said is if you ask 100 atheists a question about various topics you could get up to 100 different answers as the only thing atheists for sure have in common is not believing in god.
4: Atheists are as unique and varied as a group can get since we do not allow ourselves into the chains of religious oppression like you.
5: See infidel

Lastly you Islamic airport janitors are amusing :))
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

01. I think you are "over reacting" without any cause.

02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.

03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.

04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.

05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!

Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends-- have they examined instruments which prove beyond a doubt, that there are visible frequencies they cannot see?
Those instruments prove the colors they cannot see--exist.
Just as similar instruments prove that x-rays, microwaves and gamma rays exist-- even though YOU cannot see any of those.
In fact? You cannot detect these at all--without help.
But your idiotic ideas of god?
Cannot be detected by... anything.
There's a word for things that are 100% undetectable:
Nonexistent.
Your go, for example...
Tell me, bubba, have “they” developed any instruments that can detect love? What about compassion? How about mercy? Courage? Justice?

No?

According to your logic that means that since things like love, compassion, mercy, etc, are “100% undetectable” by any instruments they are therefore “nonexistent” and should be dismissed as just ”idiotic ideas”.

LOL

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>As an atheist, I am simply free of theism. As a now non-believer, understand that it was as a believer that, I have your god. I have weighed the lack of evidence, I have found that for any bible god to exist, the believer must first be deluded into believing it to be so. Then, only in the believers mind, does it exist. This is true with all gods, they exist only in the minds of the truly delusional.
Funny thing is that none of you believe it either. The bible you all treat as a joke .... the god couldn't mean you, now could he? Tell me how many of your neighbors have yopu stoned to death, as your god commands?
Ironic that your atheist rant sounds just like a fundamentalist rant--unfounded presumptions judgmentalism, holier-than-thou-ism, pride and self-righteousness. And here's another ironic twist for you, bubba. You are NEVER going to get out of bondage to all those old ideas and be truly free until you do exactly what Jesus taught--forgive all those poor ignorant bubbas who deluded you with their religious ideas....and forgive yourself for believing them. How's that for irony?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Those are emotions god is a being so your example doesn't work.

Care to fail again?
ezdzit wrote:
Tell me, bubba, have “they” developed any instruments that can detect love? What about compassion? How about mercy? Courage? Justice?

No?

According to your logic that means that since things like love, compassion, mercy, etc, are “100% undetectable” by any instruments they are therefore “nonexistent” and should be dismissed as just ”idiotic ideas”.

LOL

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

What Jesus taught? Your last post you compared god to an emotion. Now you are saying god walked among people and taught them?

Which is it?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Ironic that your atheist rant sounds just like a fundamentalist rant--unfounded presumptions judgmentalism, holier-than-thou-ism, pride and self-righteousness. And here's another ironic twist for you, bubba. You are NEVER going to get out of bondage to all those old ideas and be truly free until you do exactly what Jesus taught--forgive all those poor ignorant bubbas who deluded you with their religious ideas....and forgive yourself for believing them. How's that for irony?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
No?
LOL
Emotions can be detected via brain scans. When certain emotions arise certain parts of the brain are activated.

As for the rest, they are abstract concepts and exist as nothing more than thoughts in people's heads. You can no more detect 'justice' than you can detect 'adventure'.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was he allegedly born? Bethlehem in Judea.
Why did Joe and Maz need to return to Bethlehem? The fictional Roman census.
So Joe and Maz returned to the town of Joe`s birth, so it`s safe to say Joe was a Judean.
"Many of the people of the land mityahadim became Yehudim(Judeans/Jews) because the fear of the Yehudim fell on them." ~Esther ch.2 vv. 5-6.
So what Esther is saying is that they changed their ethnicity?
The Book of Esther is a fiction written by the members of the "Synagogue of Satan", i.e. those who lied and called themselves Yehudim, but were not Yehudim,(Revelations 2:9; 3:9) kinda like the European Jews who called themselves Yehudim and stole Palestine from the real Yehudim circa 1940's.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lmfao!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!!!

Lol!
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>The Book of Esther is a fiction written by the members of the "Synagogue of Satan", i.e. those who lied and called themselves Yehudim, but were not Yehudim,(Revelations 2:9; 3:9) kinda like the European Jews who called themselves Yehudim and stole Palestine from the real Yehudim circa 1940's.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions can be detected via brain scans. When certain emotions arise certain parts of the brain are activated.
As for the rest, they are abstract concepts and exist as nothing more than thoughts in people's heads. You can no more detect 'justice' than you can detect 'adventure'.
Emotional responses like fear, anxiety, pleasure, etc. are "effects" which can be stimulated artificially and detected on brain scans. Your presumption that love is merely an emotional response indicates you're confusing lust with love.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>As for the rest, they are abstract concepts and exist as nothing more than thoughts in people's heads....
And yet quantum physicists, including Bohr, Heisenberg and Wigner, concluded after exhaustive scientific experiments that consciousness, i.e. thoughts causes quantum state reduction, that consciousness, i.e. thoughts collapses wave function. Are you saying you are right and science is wrong?

LOL

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Crick is a follower of that great(and I use the term loosely) thinker Michael Behe who in the Kitzmiller v Dover ASD court case was FORCED(in order to protect his argument) to admit that,
"if creationism was taught as science then it would only be fair to teach astrology too as they were both comparable in their contributions to human knowledge" (I`m paraphrasing).
These people are not above looking like complete idiots to protect their dogma.
:) How sad, 4 him.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing wrong there, the only thing going for him actually:
It is legal (in his country).
Still horribly immoral and disgusting, but legal.
Legal or not, when children die from it, when little bodies are ripped so that surgery is needed to repair what was done to them, these people know it is wrong. They know it!

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I think you are "over reacting" without any cause.
02. When you define any thing, it should be a Positive definition. We cannot say, Oxygen is a gas which is not Nitrogen.
03. If you ask 100 Atheists, what Atheist means, they will give you 100 different answers.
04. And if you ask 100 Atheists what they believe in, you will get 100 answers too. Every Athiest is a religion unto himself or herself.
05. The "Only" point on which ALL Athiests agree is that "There is No God and there is No religion" and this is a "Negation" and it is not enough, you should have an assertation too!
Some one said All this dictionaries are written by Religious People so Athiests should not believe on it and here you are again referring me to these dictionaries
Well said, MUQ

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the Thumb Rule of discussion in these threads?
The one who comes to name calling, abuses and swear words and throws tantrums and hyperbole..... is the one who has no reasonable and logical answer to the subject being discussed!!
I thank you for accepting your "inability and disability" to define what is Atheism!!
Tattered old strawmen laced with stinky red herrings garnished with ad hominem vomitus sauce is all these anti-theists are able to serve as rebuttal. I don't expect logic, reason, or civil discourse from them and they don't disappoint....

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

<quoted text>Legal or not, when children die from it, when little bodies are ripped so that surgery is needed to repair what was done to them, these people know it is wrong. They know it!
I don't disagree, they are disgusting people for doing that to other living things.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, MUQ
Of course you would agree with someone who agrees with marriage between pedophiles and children.

You wouldn't know morality if it it slapped you across the face.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>What Jesus taught? He taught Mary to be a male so she could get into heaven, and he taught Jewish Rabbinical law that would make a bride from a toddler impaled on a penis. He taught that you will and must hate your family, he taught that he came to save the Jew only, and he taught that practicing cannibalism and vampirism will get you the ultimate zombie experience. Duh, no, no thanks. BTW: Anybody seen the real savior "Emmanuel"?
If you really believe what you posted above is what Jesus taught, you need to get some help from a mental health professional. Your cheese has done slid off your cracker, bubba.....

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
The Book of Esther is a fiction written by the members of the "Synagogue of Satan", i.e. those who lied and called themselves Yehudim, but were not Yehudim,(Revelations 2:9; 3:9) kinda like the European Jews who called themselves Yehudim and stole Palestine from the real Yehudim circa 1940's.
Let me guess...you belong to "christian identity"?

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess...you belong to "christian identity"?
Not even close, bubba

Let me guess....you're an atheist zionist?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 min CunningLinguist 29
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min CunningLinguist 224,605
Our world came from nothing? 46 min NightSerf 258
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 2 hr CunningLinguist 229
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 3 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
Introducing The Universal Religion 9 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 9 hr Patrick 397
•••
•••