Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

frank

Oakland, CA

#10000 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.
Huh? Atheism in fact, is the rejection of a believe system ...

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10001 Apr 29, 2013
So angry my my my. You know we atheists have a tremendous amount if control over you. All the time you spend on the atheism forums and all the time effort and money your fellow Christians exercise on us only validates my point.

Simply if we were so insignificant we would not warrant so much of your time and effort.

But I guess you already knew that.

:)
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I noticed.

Their reaction kinda reminds of the way zoo chimps go nuts with cage fever and start flinging their feces and urinating on everything....
Lincoln

United States

#10002 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
What really cracks me up is that Topix is full of uneducated Cretinists with an eighth-grade education who think they're going to successfully brow-beat somebody who outsmarts them by 50 IQ points.
Newton's Laws of Causality? What kind of uneducated nonsense is that? Probably another silly term like "macro-" and "micro-evolution" that's made up by the Terminally Ignorant to try and sound smart...
The adherence to anti-religious Neo-Atheist ideology that militantly ridicules, mocks, scorns and satirizes the idea of the existence of a deity or deities and or religion, indifferent of feelings of bigotry intolerance hatred and persecution that adherents feel as a result. Neo-Atheist ideology does not respect religion or support policies supporting the freedom of it as expressed in the First Amendment..

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#10003 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, bubba....
Why do you keep posting a misspelled misrepresentation of what I originally posted? Are you dyslectic? Do lower case letters looks like caps to you?
Hah! Why expect an engineer to be any better at grammar and spelling than an English major is at calculus?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#10004 Apr 29, 2013
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument . . .

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#10005 Apr 29, 2013
Very well said.
spocko wrote:
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument ...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#10006 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists believe in "reality"? LOL
Which reality is that, bubba?
What you call "reality" is simply your own personal mental construct of "reality" and each of the 7 billion other humans on this planet have their own personal mental construct of "reality". Each person's version of "reality" is as unique and individual as snowflake patterns. Quantum physics says that its entirely possible that the "reality" your brain has constructed from everything it THINKS it can see, feel, taste, touch, or smell may "in reality" be derived from a three-dimensional holographic image of stored data projected on to the 2-D surface that surrounds us. So when you say that atheists believe in "reality", which reality are you talking about? Hmmmmm......?
There is an objective reality disconnected from 'personal mental constructs'. That reality is dissected and revealed via the instrumentality of science and the application of the Scientific Method. Your references to "Quantum physics" in this regard serves to cloud rather than clarify and is most likely your own 'personal mental construct' that justifies your belief in the unbelievable.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#10007 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton never thought of any such "laws."
You're making things up again...
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton

Texas, USA

#10008 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Thanks for proving my point about ignorant, illiterate and bigoted little bubbas who obviously know nothing about the world's religions.
Judaism is a religion. It's NOT an semite ethnic group, bubba.
Okay ... so you are an anti-Jewish person. SEIG HEIL!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Texas, USA

#10009 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering and obviously took far more physics classes than you did because I'm smart enough to know Newton's Laws of Motion have never been referred to as "Newton's Laws of Causality" except by uneducated people who are vainly trying to act smart.
Does this mean, then, that his knowledge of 'Quantum physics' may be suspect?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10010 Apr 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should have listened in your physics classes. Or taken one beyond high school.
I don't think I have EVER seen you get anything wrong before.

But this chump did not even pass any primary school science course let alone a High School Physics class.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#10011 Apr 30, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean, then, that his knowledge of 'Quantum physics' may be suspect?
Nnooo way Jose!!
Imhotep

Gainesville, FL

#10012 Apr 30, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
What really cracks me up is that Topix is full of uneducated Cretinists with an eighth-grade education who think they're going to successfully brow-beat somebody who outsmarts them by 50 IQ points.
Newton's Laws of Causality? What kind of uneducated nonsense is that? Probably another silly term like "macro-" and "micro-evolution" that's made up by the Terminally Ignorant to try and sound smart...
Are you not amused?

These are the people that believe in angels and devils talking livestock talking reptiles demons witches and a unicorn or two!

What can I say?
Did you ever wonder how many atheists go to religious forums and try to convert people?

I have yet to see any of these people come here to learn about atheism - their agenda is to insult, demean,
Or preach, Sometimes even using scriptures as if they mattered!

You cannot reason with those to whom reason is a stranger, or with those driven by fear and ignorance.

Since: May 11

Birmingham, UK

#10013 Apr 30, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is both a belief system and a religion as defined by dictionaries and the US courts.
Really?

Religion requires faith.

Faith is belief without evidence.

Religion is a belief in the supernatural, i.e. MAGIC.

Religion requires veneration of an object or a deity.

Religion requires ritual.

These are the components required for something to be classed as a religion for legal purposes.

They can not be applied to atheism, atheism is not a religion for the purposes of law or even philosophy. There is no unified doctrine of unbelief.

...and jesus according to your bible was totally A JEW, and if he existed was probably Zadokite.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10014 Apr 30, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>That's a shibboleth that helps the intelligent among us to discern between the mildly stupid and the extremely stupid. When the mildly stupid realize they've posted something that makes them look ignorant, they'll either leave the discussion or try to change the subject. When a profoundly stupid person posts something ignorant, they'll stubbornly keep defending their post ad nauseum no matter how deep a hole they dig themselves into.
I've met and still laugh at one of the latter.
She posted her name at some point in time, all the while denying she ever posted her name.
She swears that another spelling for "Sioux Indians" is "Sue Indians."
She claimed, and continues to stand her ground on the claim, that straight couples have "front to front sex" and gay couples and animals have "back to back sex."

There's so much more, and it's hilarious.
Lincoln

United States

#10015 Apr 30, 2013
spocko wrote:
Being agnostic means one thinks that it's impossible to know whether there is a God or not. It has nothing to do with actual belief. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist. People can get very attached to their ‘personal’ meanings for these words, so if someone claims you're wrong for using the actual dictionary definitions, it's probably best just to avoid the argument ...
Good Post

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#10016 Apr 30, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't even catch that the first time? I misrepresented his stupid statement because I automatically corrected his bad grammar? Wow, accusing somebody of being stupid just because they corrected their own stupidity is pretty damned silly...
I'm the grammar and spelling freak here, I'll catch all those stupidities.
I'll even make a special section of my comments devoted to errors, for your entertainment, from now on.

:)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#10017 Apr 30, 2013
NS wrote:
01. But not by atheists themselves. We are the only ones who can define atheism with any authority.

02.Dictionaries are compiled almost exclusively by believers, nor are there any atheists on the courts that make these pronouncements. If I want to know about Judaism, I ask a Rabbbi. Not a priest and certainly not a skinhead.

03.Believers who speak or write about atheism are clueless about it at best, biased against it at worst. You will learn more about atheism by reading our posts on this forum than from almost any other source you can find.
Ans.

I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?

I got no definition of atheism or defining criterion of an Atheist.

Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?

How can you make "negatives" as your definition?

Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#10018 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I have asked many times on this and other thread to define what is Athiesm and who is an Atheist?
Most of them said that "Only" thing on which all atheist agree is that "There is no God and there is no religion"?
Please tell me what is the definition of an Atheist and who is an Athiest. But please, it should be a "positive" definition and not a negative definition.
The problem is that you are too stupid to understand dictionary definitions....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
That's it. That is all that it means. Nothing more. Atheism IS entirely negative and says nothing positive about a person whatsoever. What could be clearer or simpler?

You cannot understand because you think people need religion to be positive. I am not trying to insult you. I honestly believe you're too stupid to understand anything most people say. Religious dogma learned from childhood seems to do that to some people. "Give me a boy under 7 and I'll give you a (Roman) Catholic for life", the Jesuits notoriously said.

Texas, USA

#10019 Apr 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Jeez MUQ, give us a break. How about ...'an Atheist is a person who is POSITIVE there is no deity'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 min woodtick57 50,947
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 min Uncle Sam 11,510
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 29 min READMORE 29,496
Religion Down Suicide Up 1 hr Patrick 74
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 9 hr emperorjohn 48
News Here are 10 myths and truths about atheism 12 hr nanoanomaly 44
News Speaking for God 13 hr Jaimie 556
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 17 hr ChristineM 9,604
More from around the web