Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Lincoln

United States

#9980 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of things exist, but that's not the question.

The question is: is there any scientific evidence which supports atheism?

The answer is an unequivocal NO.
atheist evangelists do Not like to read this.
Thinking

Dundee, UK

#9981 Apr 29, 2013
Sources?
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9982 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton's Laws of Causality? I think you need to lay off the booze, Einstein. Or are you following Ezdzit's Law of Being a Stupid Troll to Make Religion Look Stupid?
No, try Newton's laws of causality as in classical Newtonian mechanics, bubba.

Didn't take any physic classes? Pity.......
Thinking

Dundee, UK

#9983 Apr 29, 2013
You don't need to change people's posts to make religion look stupid, blubber.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>

United States of America

#9984 Apr 29, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I noticed.

Their reaction kinda reminds of the way zoo chimps go nuts with cage fever and start flinging their feces and urinating on everything....

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#9985 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should have listened in your physics classes. Or taken one beyond high school.
Thinking

Dundee, UK

#9986 Apr 29, 2013
Your big problem with this year's Boston marathon was Atheism, wasn't it, blubber?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I noticed.
Their reaction kinda reminds of the way zoo chimps go nuts with cage fever and start flinging their feces and urinating on everything....
Imhotep

United States

#9987 Apr 29, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus was Jewish, and a Rabbi!
Atheism is the complete lack of any theism, but I personally am a avowed non-believer in any of the god-myths. And as a former Pentecostal, I think I've gotten faith's definition, down pat. What Jesus taught is biblical, and it has no other accepted source, and you are not going to believe this, but when I believed in a god, I believed that the buybull was his word, and it didn't need any contortion, to deliver the message. As it is written .....
Just curious, why did you abandon religion?
What changed your mind?
That's a hard thing to give up for sure

The reason I ask is I was never brought up into any belief system

Until 9/11 I paid literally no attention to it whatever
So I do little investigating into the origins of Islam and eeee gads!

Ju got sum splannin ta do - Lucy!

Even worse than Christianity
Know-It-All

United States

#9988 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering and obviously took far more physics classes than you did because I'm smart enough to know Newton's Laws of Motion have never been referred to as "Newton's Laws of Causality" except by uneducated people who are vainly trying to act smart.
Imhotep

United States

#9989 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have a degree in Aerospace Engineering and obviously took far more physics classes than you did because I'm smart enough to know Newton's Laws of Motion have never been referred to as "Newton's Laws of Causality" except by uneducated people who are vainly trying to act smart.
It's not his fault
Xtian math 1+1+1=1
Know-It-All

Roy, WA

#9990 Apr 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not his fault
Xtian math 1+1+1=1
What really cracks me up is that Topix is full of uneducated Cretinists with an eighth-grade education who think they're going to successfully brow-beat somebody who outsmarts them by 50 IQ points.

Newton's Laws of Causality? What kind of uneducated nonsense is that? Probably another silly term like "macro-" and "micro-evolution" that's made up by the Terminally Ignorant to try and sound smart...

United States of America

#9991 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, bubba....

Why do you keep posting a misspelled misrepresentation of what I originally posted? Are you dyslectic? Do lower case letters looks like caps to you?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9992 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe in Newton's laws of causality?

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha. .......
Newton never thought of any such "laws."
You're making things up again...

Montreal

#9993 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>And you clueless atheists keep posting your little brain farts as though it meant something....
See, you're just a stupid little troll who thinks he's right by being horribly wrong.

The fact is, our posts to you are only to fuel the fire that is entertainment.

Montreal

#9994 Apr 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Just curious, why did you abandon religion?
What changed your mind?
That's a hard thing to give up for sure

The reason I ask is I was never brought up into any belief system

Until 9/11 I paid literally no attention to it whatever
So I do little investigating into the origins of Islam and eeee gads!

Ju got sum splannin ta do - Lucy!

Even worse than Christianity
In my case, it just got to the point where it didn't seem plausible.
There was no evidence for it and loads of fallacies in the bible.

I have ADHD, you see, so especially at night when trying to sleep, I have lots of thoughts. In the past, I had many times to think about religion, and it made less and less sense every minute.
I used my brain and thought logically and rationally, which it seems is something not many people can do.
Especially those like Ezdit and Lincoln.
Know-It-All

United States

#9995 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, bubba....
Why do you keep posting a misspelled misrepresentation of what I originally posted? Are you dyslectic? Do lower case letters looks like caps to you?
Misspelled misrepresentation? What you originally posted is, and I quote: "You don't believe in Newton's laws of causality?" It's there, carved in electrons for all the world to see.

"Are you dyslectric?"

Are YOU dyslexic? It's funny when you accuse me of being dyslexic when YOU cannot even spell the word correctly. Talk about a self-refuting post--are you just a troll trying to appear as an idiot, or are you really an idiot? And, by the way, the phrase "lower-case" is hyphenated, Einstein.

Please keep up the troll posts; they're really funny and I heartily enjoy browbeating you.

Montreal

#9996 Apr 29, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, bubba....

It's proper grammar to capitalize the first letters in a title.
You obviously have no grasp of proper spelling or grammar, since you mess it up so often in the majority of your other posts.
Know-It-All

United States

#9997 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
See, you're just a stupid little troll who thinks he's right by being horribly wrong.
That's a shibboleth that helps the intelligent among us to discern between the mildly stupid and the extremely stupid. When the mildly stupid realize they've posted something that makes them look ignorant, they'll either leave the discussion or try to change the subject. When a profoundly stupid person posts something ignorant, they'll stubbornly keep defending their post ad nauseum no matter how deep a hole they dig themselves into.
Know-It-All

United States

#9998 Apr 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's proper grammar to capitalize the first letters in a title.
You obviously have no grasp of proper spelling or grammar, since you mess it up so often in the majority of your other posts.
I didn't even catch that the first time? I misrepresented his stupid statement because I automatically corrected his bad grammar? Wow, accusing somebody of being stupid just because they corrected their own stupidity is pretty damned silly...

United States of America

#9999 Apr 29, 2013
Know-It-All wrote:
<quoted text>
Misspelled misrepresentation? What you originally posted is, and I quote: "You don't believe in Newton's laws of causality?" It's there, carved in electrons for all the world to see.
"Are you dyslectric?"
Are YOU dyslexic? It's funny when you accuse me of being dyslexic when YOU cannot even spell the word correctly. Talk about a self-refuting post--are you just a troll trying to appear as an idiot, or are you really an idiot? And, by the way, the phrase "lower-case" is hyphenated, Einstein.
Please keep up the troll posts; they're really funny and I heartily enjoy browbeating you.
Thanks for clearing that up, bubba. Your misrepresentation of your own post (above) clearly indicates you're just a typical garden variety liar and not dyslectic....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 20 min Patrick 13,168
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 44 min Patrick 9,715
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min Insults Are Easier 255,231
News How God Messed Up My Happy Atheist Life 54 min Patrick 18
Majority of Scots now have no religion 56 min Patrick 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Patrick 4,339
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr jollyroger 30,994
More from around the web