Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9893 Apr 28, 2013
And we see the danger of letting high school drop outs into debates.

Perhaps you would do better on a thread more your speed? Say a thread based on favorite fast food joints?

Yes you would do well on one of those threads.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, there is no "theory of evolution".

Observation is subjective and unreliable due to bias. Theories, on the other hand, are based on objective scientific tests, i.e. the Theory of Gravity.

Here's a conclusory statement from UC Berkeley's website's about evolution which has been proven dead wrong by the discovery and confirmation of rapid, non-random, adaptive mutations in bacteria and virus caused by environment:

“While it would be handy if there were a way for environmental changes to cause adaptive changes in our genes......evolution just doesn't work that way.”

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/misc... .

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9894 Apr 28, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is what Buck wrote, "You cannot even state the theory of evolution."
I was probing to find what he meant by that statement. Darwin had a theory. He was partially correct as his theory was incomplete. He had no access to genetics which requires knowledge of DNA. The DNA protein model was realized 60 years ago, without which, his theories could neither be proved nor disproved.
Darwin believed God created the earth and all organisms.

The ancient Sumerians believed modern humans were genetically engineered by a creator god and there is empirical evidence that they knew about the double helix associated with genetics almost 5,000 years before Crick and Watson discovered the double helix shape of DNA.

United States of America

#9895 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you enjoyed it here's a few more
Q. What's the difference between Jesus and a painting?
A. It takes only one nail to hang a painting.
Q. What did the Roman soldiers say to Christ as they were nailing him to the cross?
A. Cross your legs we only have one nail left"
Jesus walks into a hotel, tosses three nails on the front desk and says, "Hey, can you put me up for the night?"
Overheard on the way to Calvary
"Drop that cross one more time and you are out of the parade"!
Easter has been cancelled... they found the body. Details @ 11pm
Wow I'm on a roll, Saved the best for last!
Is Jesus Pinocchio?
Saint Peter is watching the gates of Heaven, but he really has to go to the bathroom. He asks Jesus to watch the gates for a few minutes, and Jesus agrees.
As Jesus is standing there, he sees an old man leading a donkey up from Earth to Heaven.
He notices the old man has carpenter's tools with him. When the old man gets to the gates,
Jesus asks him to describe his life and explain why he feels he should be admitted into Heaven.
The man explains, "In English, my name would be Joseph, but I didn't live in America or England. I lived a modest life, making things out of wood. I'm not remembered very well by most people, but almost everyone has heard of my son. I call him my son, but I was more of a Dad to him -- he really didn't come into this world in the usual way.
I sent my son out to be among the people of the World. He was ridiculed by many, and was even known to associate himself with some pretty unsavory characters, although he himself tried to be honest and perfect.
My single biggest reason for trying to get into Heaven is to be re-united with my son."
Jesus is awe-struck by the man's story. He looks into the old man's eyes and asks, "Father?"
The old man's face brightens; he looks at Jesus, and asks, "Pinocchio?"
An atheist was taking a walk through the woods. "What majestic trees!
What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he continued walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes. Turning to look, he saw a 7 foot grizzly charging towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. Looking over his shoulder he saw that the
bear was closing in on him. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear raising his paw to take a swipe at him. At that instant the atheist cried out: "Oh my God...";

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

It was then that a bright light shone upon the man and a voice came out of the sky saying: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps, could you make the BEAR a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice. The light went out. And the sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful. Amen."
Imhotep

United States

#9896 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist was taking a walk through the woods. "What majestic trees!
. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear raising his paw to take a swipe at him. At that instant the atheist cried out: "Oh my God...";
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
It was then that a bright light shone upon the man and a voice came out of the sky saying: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I then the bear lowered his paw, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food which I am about to receive and for which I am truly thankful. Amen."
Not bad!
It is a little lame though

I sensed the disturbance in the force!

Wilson's Nails

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.

----------

Jesus on the cross

Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."

"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.

Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."

---------

Two cannibals walking through the jungle meet on a path

I need some help cooking

What's the problem

The last missionary was tough

How did you cook it

Oh you know the usual get the water to boil couple bay leaves some vegetables

What was the missionary wearing

All you know kind of a brown frock with white lace, Very little hair

Ha ha I know what your problem is
You're cooking it wrong

Wait for it... ;)

Never boil a friar!

United States of America

#9897 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad!
It is a little lame though
I sensed the disturbance in the force!
Wilson's Nails
Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.
"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."
A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."
Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"
Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.
Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."
A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails!'.
----------
Jesus on the cross
Jesus is dying on the cross, and Peter is down the hill comforting Mary Magdalene when he hears Jesus' faint voice, "Peter... Peter..."
"I must go and help my Savior," he said and went up the hill, only to be beaten and kicked back down by the Roman centurions guarding the cross. But soon he hears, "Peter... Peter," in even fainter tones but he cannot ignore the call. Peter limps up the hill, leans a ladder against the cross, and gets halfway up when the centurions knock over the ladder, beats him brutally, and tosses him back down the hill.
Again he hears, "Peter... Peter..." ever fainter, and again, he cannot refuse his Lord. In pain, he slowly staggers up the hill, drags himself up the ladder, and finally gets even with Christ's face. Just as the centurions are reaching for the ladder, Jesus says, "Peter... Peter... look, I can see your house from here."
---------
Two cannibals walking through the jungle meet on a path
I need some help cooking
What's the problem
The last missionary was tough
How did you cook it
Oh you know the usual get the water to boil couple bay leaves some vegetables
What was the missionary wearing
All you know kind of a brown frock with white lace, Very little hair
Ha ha I know what your problem is
You're cooking it wrong
Wait for it... ;)
Never boil a friar!
An atheist is sitting in a row boat on the middle of a lake, fishing peacefully and minding his own business.

All of a sudden, a purple three-headed dragon pops up out of the lake and snatches up the row boat in its massive jaws.

The atheist shouts "Oh God, help me!"

The whole scene freezes mid-frame and a booming voice comes out of the sky.

"Why should I help you when you did not believe in me?"

The atheist says, "Come on, give me a break. A minute ago I didn't believe in purple three-headed dragons either."

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#9898 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin believed God created the earth and all organisms.
The ancient Sumerians believed modern humans were genetically engineered by a creator god and there is empirical evidence that they knew about the double helix associated with genetics almost 5,000 years before Crick and Watson discovered the double helix shape of DNA.
Oh really? The double helix model of a protein molecule?

You MUST be kidding me.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#9899 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, there is no "theory of evolution".
Observation is subjective and unreliable due to bias. Theories, on the other hand, are based on objective scientific tests, i.e. the Theory of Gravity.
Here's a conclusory statement from UC Berkeley's website's about evolution which has been proven dead wrong by the discovery and confirmation of rapid, non-random, adaptive mutations in bacteria and virus caused by environment:
While it would be handy if there were a way for environmental changes to cause adaptive changes in our genes......evolution just doesn't work that way.
Did you read your own link?

MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is a theory about the origin of life.

CORRECTION: Evolutionary theory does encompass ideas and evidence regarding life's origins (e.g., whether or not it happened near a deep-sea vent, which organic molecules came first, etc.), but this is not the central focus of evolutionary theory. Most of evolutionary biology deals with how life changed after its origin. Regardless of how life started, afterwards it branched and diversified, and most studies of evolution are focused on those processes.

MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable.

CORRECTION: This misconception encompasses two incorrect ideas:(1) that all science depends on controlled laboratory experiments, and (2) that evolution cannot be studied with such experiments. First, many scientific investigations do not involve experiments or direct observation. Astronomers cannot hold stars in their hands and geologists cannot go back in time, but both scientists can learn a great deal about the universe through observation and comparison. In the same way, evolutionary biologists can test their ideas about the history of life on Earth by making observations in the real world. Second, though we can't run an experiment that will tell us how the dinosaur lineage radiated, we can study many aspects of evolution with controlled experiments in a laboratory setting. In organisms with short generation times (e.g., bacteria or fruit flies), we can actually observe evolution in action over the course of an experiment. And in some cases, biologists have observed evolution occurring in the wild. To learn more about rapid evolution in the wild, visit our news story on climate change, our news story on the evolution of PCB-resistant fish, or our research profile on the evolution fish size in response to our fishing practices. To learn more about the nature of science, visit the Understanding Science website.

MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is just' a theory.

CORRECTION: This misconception stems from a mix-up between casual and scientific use of the word theory. In everyday language, theory is often used to mean a hunch with little evidential support. Scientific theories, on the other hand, are broad explanations for a wide range of phenomena. In order to be accepted by the scientific community, a theory must be strongly supported by many different lines of evidence. Evolution is a well-supported and broadly accepted scientific theory; it is not just' a hunch. To learn more about the nature of scientific theories, visit the Understanding Science website.

There is nothing on the website to confirm your conclusion that there is no theory of evolution. In-fact, evolution theory contains many theories based upon verifiable and testable observations.
Imhotep

United States

#9900 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist is sitting in a row boat on the middle of a lake, fishing peacefully and minding his own business.
All of a sudden, a purple three-headed dragon pops up out of the lake and snatches up the row boat in its massive jaws.
The atheist shouts "Oh God, help me!"
The whole scene freezes mid-frame and a booming voice comes out of the sky.
"Why should I help you when you did not believe in me?"
The atheist says, "Come on, give me a break. A minute ago I didn't believe in purple three-headed dragons either."
The drunk in the cathedral

A drunk staggered down the main street of the town. Somehow he managed to make it up the stairs to a cathedral and into the entrance, where he crashed from pew to pew, finally making his way to a side aisle and into a confessional.

A priest had observed all this, and figured the fellow needed some help, so he entered his side of the confessional. After the priest sat there in deathly silence, he finally asked, "May I help you, my son?"

"I dunno," came the drunk's voice from behind the partition. "You got any paper on your side?"

---

Billy answered, "Because I saw my mom with her feet up in the air, shouting,'God, I'm coming, I'm coming!'"

---

The new priest

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass, he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied,

"When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

So the next Sunday, he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon returning to his office, he found the following note on his door.

1) Sip the vodka, don't gulp.

2) There are 10 Commandments, not 12.

3) There are 12 Disciples, not 10.

4) Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5) Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6) We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J. C.

7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior, and Spook.

8) David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out him.

9) When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.

10) We do not refer to the cross as the 'Big T'.

11) When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper, he said, "Take this and eat it, for it is my body." He did not say, "Eat me."

12) The Virgin Mary is not referred to as 'Mary with the Cherry'.

13) Recommended grace before a meal is not 'Rub-A-Dub-Dub, thanks for the grub, yeah God'.

14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy-pulling contest at St. Peter's, not a peter-pulling contest at St. Taffy's.

---

Poor blind Herbie

Poor little Herbie. Since his birth, poor blind Herbie had never seen the light of day. One day at bedtime, his mother told him that the next day would be a very special one. If he prayed extra hard to Jesus, he'd be able to see when he woke up the next morning.

Eagerly, Herbie crouched down on his knees beside his bed and put his hands together. For hours, he prayed and prayed to Jesus.

The next morning Herbie's mother came into his room and gently woke him from his sleep.

"Well Herbie, open your eyes and you'll know that Jesus answered your prayers."

Little Herbie slowly opened his eyes, only to cry out, "Mother! Mother! I STILL CAN'T SEE!"

"I know, dear," said his mother. "APRIL FOOL!"

“Trolls are Clueless”

Aptos, California

#9901 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
A drunk staggered down the main street of the town. Somehow he managed to make it up the stairs to a cathedral and into the entrance, where he crashed from pew to pew, finally making his way to a side aisle and into a confessional.
A priest had observed all this, and figured the fellow needed some help, so he entered his side of the confessional. After the priest sat there in deathly silence, he finally asked, "May I help you, my son?"
"I dunno," came the drunk's voice from behind the partition. "You got any paper on your side?"
---
Billy answered, "Because I saw my mom with her feet up in the air, shouting,'God, I'm coming, I'm coming!'"
---
The new priest
A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass, he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied,
"When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."
So the next Sunday, he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon returning to his office, he found the following note on his door.
7) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior, and Spook.
9) When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.
11) When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper, he said, "Take this and eat it, for it is my body." He did not say, "Eat me."
13) Recommended grace before a meal is not 'Rub-A-Dub-Dub, thanks for the grub, yeah God'.
14) Next Sunday there will be a taffy-pulling contest at St. Peter's, not a peter-pulling contest at St. Taffy's.
---
Poor blind Herbie
Poor little Herbie. Since his birth, poor blind Herbie had never seen the light of day. One day at bedtime, his mother told him that the next day would be a very special one. If he prayed extra hard to Jesus, he'd be able to see when he woke up the next morning.
Eagerly, Herbie crouched down on his knees beside his bed and put his hands together. For hours, he prayed and prayed to Jesus.
The next morning Herbie's mother came into his room and gently woke him from his sleep.
Little Herbie slowly opened his eyes, only to cry out, "Mother! Mother! I STILL CAN'T SEE!"
Wow! Best humor post of the year!!!! ROTFOMA

United States of America

#9902 Apr 28, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? The double helix model of a protein molecule?
You MUST be kidding me.
Nope, not kidding.

http://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2012/06/2...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9903 Apr 28, 2013
Projection and a really bad one at that.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ningishzida
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, not kidding.

http://ferrebeekeeper.wordpress.com/2012/06/2...
Imhotep

United States

#9904 Apr 28, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Best humor post of the year!!!! ROTFOMA
Glad you enjoyed it ;)

How to become a "good" Christian.

1. Confess to all your friends, associates and church leaders that you love Jesus and intend to become His slave and that you will devote your life to Him. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, just saying it will put you in a Christian mode.

2. Join a church, get baptized and attribute your conversion to the priest or minister. Gaze reverently into his eyes as he pontificates about the nature of God. Sighing every once and a while, or wiping a tear will guarantee their devotion. If you join a revival church, fall to the floor, shake your body, put up both hands and yell: JAYsus-ah! NEVER bring up the topic of sexual molestation to your priest, no matter how many boys or girls he may have poked.

3. Every Sunday, make sure you put a large sum of MONEY into the church's MONEY basket. Make sure that everyone in the congregation sees you giving MONEY.

4. When talking with your priest and religious friends, occasionally confuse something that they said with something that Jesus said. This will impress them and they will think more highly of you.

5. Read the Bible, but ignore the atrocities and concentrate only on what seems "good" to you.
For instance, discard the parts where God kills firstborns, pregnant women, etc., and only keep verses such as "God is love." Its like taking a sugar coated bitter pill, but it will appear good and that's what counts here.

6. Learn a few basic Hebrew words and whenever you're in a religious discussion, mention them in the context of their original meaning and comparing them to the English version. This will impress others of your Biblical knowledge, even if you don't know squat about theology.

7. Rely on faith and believe in the Bible superstitions, regardless of how silly they may seem. Yes, even the talking donkey, unicorns, and the strolling on water part. Even if you don't believe in them, just pretend that you do; no one will be able to tell the difference.

8. Abandon all reason and critical thinking. This is imperative. You cannot become a good Christian if you question the Bible with reason or skepticism

9. Smile a lot to everyone you see. Say you love them even when you hate their guts. You must pretend, at all costs, to love your worst enemies even if it kills them in the end.

10. The most important of all: Give your possessions away (charity). The Bible says give all you have to anyone who asks (Luke 6:30).

May I suggest that for practice, give me all your money. I'm officially asking that you to please give me ALL your MONEY.

Warning: If you do not do this, you are disobeying a direct Jesus request. However, if you do obey this command, it will guarantee you a Christian position and you will garner my greatest esteem and respect for you.

If you follow the above examples you will become an authentic Christian.

United States of America

#9905 Apr 28, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read your own link?
MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is a theory about the origin of life.
CORRECTION: Evolutionary theory does encompass ideas and evidence regarding life's origins (e.g., whether or not it happened near a deep-sea vent, which organic molecules came first, etc.), but this is not the central focus of evolutionary theory. Most of evolutionary biology deals with how life changed after its origin. Regardless of how life started, afterwards it branched and diversified, and most studies of evolution are focused on those processes.
MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is not science because it is not observable or testable.
CORRECTION: This misconception encompasses two incorrect ideas:(1) that all science depends on controlled laboratory experiments, and (2) that evolution cannot be studied with such experiments. First, many scientific investigations do not involve experiments or direct observation. Astronomers cannot hold stars in their hands and geologists cannot go back in time, but both scientists can learn a great deal about the universe through observation and comparison. In the same way, evolutionary biologists can test their ideas about the history of life on Earth by making observations in the real world. Second, though we can't run an experiment that will tell us how the dinosaur lineage radiated, we can study many aspects of evolution with controlled experiments in a laboratory setting. In organisms with short generation times (e.g., bacteria or fruit flies), we can actually observe evolution in action over the course of an experiment. And in some cases, biologists have observed evolution occurring in the wild. To learn more about rapid evolution in the wild, visit our news story on climate change, our news story on the evolution of PCB-resistant fish, or our research profile on the evolution fish size in response to our fishing practices. To learn more about the nature of science, visit the Understanding Science website.
MISCONCEPTION: Evolution is just' a theory.
CORRECTION: This misconception stems from a mix-up between casual and scientific use of the word theory. In everyday language, theory is often used to mean a hunch with little evidential support. Scientific theories, on the other hand, are broad explanations for a wide range of phenomena. In order to be accepted by the scientific community, a theory must be strongly supported by many different lines of evidence. Evolution is a well-supported and broadly accepted scientific theory; it is not just' a hunch. To learn more about the nature of scientific theories, visit the Understanding Science website.
There is nothing on the website to confirm your conclusion that there is no theory of evolution. In-fact, evolution theory contains many theories based upon verifiable and testable observations.
You still don't know and can't state the "theory of evolution" but you believe it? LOL

The foundation of evolution theory is, in a nutshell, the paradigm that RANDOM mutations occur WITHOUT ANY PURPOSE to all organisms over time and nature "selects" those organisms which were lucky enough to accumulate enough random mutations to survive, breed offspring, and pass on their mutations to the next generations.

Again, the Berkely link has this statement:

While it would be handy if there were a way for environmental changes to cause adaptive changes in our genes......evolution just doesn't work that way.

The paradigm that environmental changes dont cause adaptive changes to occur in organisms is false and has been scientifically proven to be false.
Rapid, purposeful, non-random adaptive mutations have been documented as occurring in organisms in direct response to environmental changes.

United States of America

#9906 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
---
---
The new priest
---
Poor blind Herbie
Tacky, snarky and cynical rather than funny. You need to find some better material.....
Imhotep

United States

#9907 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Tacky, snarky and cynical rather than funny. You need to find some better material.....
Ok. This is not a problem I'll use your book

All the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.--Zephaniah 3:8

God gets a severe case of "The Red Ass"

I will smite all thy borders with frogs.--Exodus 8:2
Oh boy frog legs souffl

We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts.--Song of Solomon 8:8
It was a itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny... ;)

Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out.--2 Chronicles 21:14

Too much Ex-Lax!

If the priest buy any soul with his money ....--Leviticus 22:11

What no the little boys? How much per child?

It certainly is a funny book I'll admit that
Lincoln

United States

#9908 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
---
---
The new priest
---
Poor blind Herbie
Atheists win on threads and the religious folk seem to run America.
Seems fair enough

United States of America

#9909 Apr 28, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. This is not a problem I'll use your book
All the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.--Zephaniah 3:8
God gets a severe case of "The Red Ass"
I will smite all thy borders with frogs.--Exodus 8:2
Oh boy frog legs souffl
We have a little sister, and she hath no breasts.--Song of Solomon 8:8
It was a itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny... ;)
Behold, with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods. And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out.--2 Chronicles 21:14
Too much Ex-Lax!
If the priest buy any soul with his money ....--Leviticus 22:11
What no the little boys? How much per child?
It certainly is a funny book I'll admit that
It's actually civilization's book, bubba. Maybe when you grow up and resolve your daddy issues, you'll acquire a more mature perspective and be able to appreciate that the book is a window into a fascinating ancient world. You mock and laugh at their primitive ideas as if it isn't possible that 4000 years from now, people won't be mocking and laughing at your primitive ideas....

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9910 Apr 28, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly, you are a very ignorant, illiterate and bigoted little bubba who obviously knows nothing about the world's religions.
PEDOPHILIA: THE JEWISH TALMUD'S DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS
When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is nothing.
(Keth 11b)
A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less than nine years old.
(Sanh 54b)
R.abbi Joseph said:Come and hear! A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition and if her deceased husbands brother cohabits with her, she becomes his.
(Sanh. 55b)
A girl who is three years of age and one day may be betrothed by cohabitation.
.(Yeb. 57b)
A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition, and if her deceased husbands brother cohabited with her she becomes his.
(Sanh. 69a, 69b, also discussed in Yeb. 60b)
It was taught: Rabbi Simeon b. Yohai stated: A proselyte who is under the age of three years and one day is permitted to marry a priest, for it is said, But all the women children that have not known man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves, and Phineas (who was priest, the footnote says) surely was with them.
(Yeb. 60b)
. "A Gentile girl who is three years old can be violated."
(9boda Sarah 37a)
"A Jew may violate but not marry a non-Jewish girl."
(7ad. Shas. 2:2)
"A Jew may do to a non-Jewess what he can do. He may treat her as he treats a piece of meat."
(Hadarine, 20, B; Schulchan 9ruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 348)
"A Jew may misuse the non-Jewess in her state of unbelief."
(Maimonides, Jak. Chasaka 2:2)
Yep, and that would be the crapola that the Rabbi Jesus Christ taught.

United States of America

#9911 Apr 28, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, and that would be the crapola that the Rabbi Jesus Christ taught.
If atheism is so great, why are you so miserable, bubba?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#9912 Apr 28, 2013
Imhetop wrote:
For stupidity your religious books have literally no equal.

Quran

Christians ... We have stirred up enmity and hatred among them till the Day of Resurrection.--5:14

Allah hath cursed them for their unbelief. Little is that which they believe.--2:88

And Lot!(Remember) when he said unto his folk: Lo! ye commit lewdness such as no creature did before you. For come ye not in unto males?--29:28-29

Ans.

Why you call these quotations from Quran as "stupidity"?

a. Have different sects and denominations of Christianity merged into one and started approving each other?

b. Have Jews started having faith in Jesus? What you do to people who "curse" Jesus?

c. What did Lot said which is "stupidity"?

Bible also says the same thing about Lot's people.

PS:

As regards the poem, that is "real stupidity" if you want any example,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min waaasssuuup 227,605
Our world came from nothing? 7 min NightSerf 474
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Chiclets 22,251
Stump a theist with 2 questions 1 hr TheHeadlines 64
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Jaimie 78
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 3 hr Patrick n Angela 4,105
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 4 hr yup 105
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE