Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9676 Apr 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution could be true or not, it is besides the point, the main point is that whether this Universe created itself, or got created by chance or is there a Creator.
Once you answer this basic question, all others are easy. And this is the one, on which most of you people just gloss over.
And that is why you keep moving in circles, never finding the true path or true way to argue.
Evolution is an observed fact of life, it's like gravity, you can't say "it may be true or not" because it just is.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9677 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
imagine being a 6 year old girl in Yemen...absolutely terrifying.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QfVWU-2pVL4/S73KIOI...
How much of a person's essential humanity could be left after a lifetime of being a sex toy? They break their women utterly and devastatingly. The veils and Burkas hiding their blank stares and bruised bodies. I've been to Yemen. I'll never forget the scattered loud-speakers pouring out the eerie 'call to prayer' before sun up, it's echo bouncing down cobblestone streets and off concrete walls. It reminded me of Well's Eloi responding to the Morlock's sirens, summoning them to a fate worse than death.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9678 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover ASD, et al. 400F. Supp.2d707, Docket. 4CV2688.
shhhhh silly boy.
There is no evolution debate, there is no controversy, except in the heads of those who have so much at stake as their god occupies an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance.
Because evolution is true and your(and my(and every other humans)) chromosome number two proves it beyond a reasonable doubt your worldview comes crashing down like a house of cards.
The batshittery in your `quixotic` posts betrays your internal agony as everything you hold to be true is proven false.
Please don`t stop though, you`re the best advert for atheism and critical thinking on this entire thread.
Well done!
I enjoyed your post

Food for thought?

"Jesus Is Probably Insane": Diagnostic Surveys
Hallmarks of Ten Personality Disorders

"Jesus - Diagnostic Surveys

http://oaks.nvg.org/disorders.html#antisocial

Antisocial Personality Disorder (Psychopaths and sociopaths):

He wanted to create a new world order.

Disparity between behaviour and the prevailing social norms.

Relative unconcern for the feelings of most Pharisees and priests or scribes of Israel.

Persistent disregard for social norms, rules and obligations, but speaking with two mouths in so doing.

Having difficulty in establishing social relations.- For what it is worth, take into account such as: the authorities had Jesus killed, his relatives wanted to drive him out of a cliff, and almost all of his disciples ("the seventy") left him because of his hard words, and the remaining twelve disciples just let him be arrested.

Low tolerance to frustration, as witnessed by his cursing a fig tree.

A low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence, in the same episode.

Incapacity to profit from his punishment, insisting to be God throughout.

Marked proneness to blame others for what brought him into conflict with society.

Quite irritable as an associated feature.

Sigh

Since: May 11

Woodford Green, UK

#9680 Apr 23, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
How much of a person's essential humanity could be left after a lifetime of being a sex toy? They break their women utterly and devastatingly. The veils and Burkas hiding their blank stares and bruised bodies. I've been to Yemen. I'll never forget the scattered loud-speakers pouring out the eerie 'call to prayer' before sun up, it's echo bouncing down cobblestone streets and off concrete walls. It reminded me of Well's Eloi responding to the Morlock's sirens, summoning them to a fate worse than death.
Oh it isn`t just the Yemeni. I`ve seen it in Oman when I was detached to Al Udeid. They like their wives to be children.

Strangely enough though...I also saw how the `heterosexual` Omani men were with one particular 19 year old fair skinned, freckled and red headed MALE soldier. They immediately turned effeminate and homosexual when they saw him. Something in their head is not wired right.

Abdul-Aziz Al Sheikh, who is the Grand Mufti of our friends Saudi Arabia says quite unequivocally that,

"A girl is ready to marry at 10 or 12 years of age according to Islam"

and

"Our mothers and grandmothers got married when they were barely 12. Good upbringing makes a girl ready to perform all marital duties at that age."

It makes me wonder what happens to a girl who receives a good muslim upbringing which qualifies her to "perform all marital duties" by the age of 10.

Woodford Green, UK

#9681 Apr 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Well done!
I enjoyed your post
Food for thought?
"Jesus Is Probably Insane": Diagnostic Surveys
Hallmarks of Ten Personality Disorders
"Jesus - Diagnostic Surveys
http://oaks.nvg.org/disorders.html#antisocial
Antisocial Personality Disorder (Psychopaths and sociopaths):
He wanted to create a new world order.
Disparity between behaviour and the prevailing social norms.
Relative unconcern for the feelings of most Pharisees and priests or scribes of Israel.
Persistent disregard for social norms, rules and obligations, but speaking with two mouths in so doing.
Having difficulty in establishing social relations.- For what it is worth, take into account such as: the authorities had Jesus killed, his relatives wanted to drive him out of a cliff, and almost all of his disciples ("the seventy") left him because of his hard words, and the remaining twelve disciples just let him be arrested.
Low tolerance to frustration, as witnessed by his cursing a fig tree.
A low threshold for discharge of aggression, including violence, in the same episode.
Incapacity to profit from his punishment, insisting to be God throughout.
Marked proneness to blame others for what brought him into conflict with society.
Quite irritable as an associated feature.
Sigh
sounds like L Ron Hubbard...

Montreal

#9682 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>Oh it isn`t just the Yemeni. I`ve seen it in Oman when I was detached to Al Udeid. They like their wives to be children.

Strangely enough though...I also saw how the `heterosexual` Omani men were with one particular 19 year old fair skinned, freckled and red headed MALE soldier. They immediately turned effeminate and homosexual when they saw him. Something in their head is not wired right.

Abdul-Aziz Al Sheikh, who is the Grand Mufti of our friends Saudi Arabia says quite unequivocally that,

"A girl is ready to marry at 10 or 12 years of age according to Islam"

and

"Our mothers and grandmothers got married when they were barely 12. Good upbringing makes a girl ready to perform all marital duties at that age."

It makes me wonder what happens to a girl who receives a good muslim upbringing which qualifies her to "perform all marital duties" by the age of 10.
I have no idea how these people can consider themselves as in the right...

Woodford Green, UK

#9683 Apr 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how these people can consider themselves as in the right...
their `god`,`told` their muslim `priests` that paedophilia is ok.

Much like the way Muhammad was asked why he was screwing his soliers wives, the excuse was this, "If Muhammad looks at a woman (and desires her) THEN IT IS NECESSARY FOR HER HUSBAND TO DIVORCE HER AND FOR MUHAMMAD TO MARRY HER". this became the 10th of the 16 issues.

It`s ok because we say it`s ok.

...paedophile priests...it`s like déjà vu all of a sudden.

if you comment on their lust for children they call you a bigot because they screw kids on religious grounds...and everything religious is immune from criticism. Aisha was a `woman` of nine when Muhammad consummated his marriage with her after all.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".~Voltaire

Religion is poison!

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9684 Apr 23, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Totally agree. Nothing about sustainability here.
<quoted text>
More to the point, there's nothing there that supports your claim:

"The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over.

And you haven't posted any supporting texts for your claim because there are none....

United States of America

#9685 Apr 23, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a tough question, although extremely basic. You see, no one was around. We have to look at the Universe now, billions of years after the fact, to try and figure out what happened. We had to develop the tools required for the job, often while (trying to) avoid condemnation, execution, torture or ridicule. These are major distractions, as you no doubt, well know.
Even so, we have persevered and come up with some pretty amazing details. Most of the remaining uncertainty deals with things that happened in this or that micro, pico or femtosecond after the whole process cascaded into ... what you see around you.
Needless to say, your God (by whatever name) has, for all practical purposes, been whittled away to nothing or, at best, a bit part. The desperate among you insist he was some kind of a 'First Cause' or something and admittedly,'something' probably did occur to act as a triggering event. Such occurrences are common in Nature as various forces seek equilibrium against finite barriers. A single straw has broken many a camel's back.
There's really no need to evoke the 'supernatural' to explain anything. Ultimately, nobody can control the thoughts you keep inside your own head. It's the last place we are entirely free. So, keep worshiping The Cosmic Straw ... I'm sure it's listening. LOL
Hmmmm.....a causeless universe that just spontaneously made itself?

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha....

Woodford Green, UK

#9686 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
And you haven't posted any supporting texts for your claim because there are none....
you missed a bit....

"RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
1:29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands"

Woodford Green, UK

#9687 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Then of course there is this one which was used by many a South Carolina slave owner to convince himself he was simply carrying out the lawds instructions...

"Genesis 9:25-27: "Cursed be Canaan! The lowest of slaves will he be to his brothers. He also said,'Blessed be the Lord, the God of Shem! May Canaan be the slave of Shem. May God extend the territory of Japheth; may Japeth live in the tents of Shem and may Canaan be his slave.' "

Woodford Green, UK

#9688 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
...the panic in your posts is becoming more evident.

Montreal

#9689 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
their `god`,`told` their muslim `priests` that paedophilia is ok.
Much like the way Muhammad was asked why he was screwing his soliers wives, the excuse was this, "If Muhammad looks at a woman (and desires her) THEN IT IS NECESSARY FOR HER HUSBAND TO DIVORCE HER AND FOR MUHAMMAD TO MARRY HER". this became the 10th of the 16 issues.
It`s ok because we say it`s ok.
...paedophile priests...it`s like déjà vu all of a sudden.
if you comment on their lust for children they call you a bigot because they screw kids on religious grounds...and everything religious is immune from criticism. Aisha was a `woman` of nine when Muhammad consummated his marriage with her after all.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".~Voltaire
Religion is poison!
And this is why I don't find religion to be moral at all.

United States of America

#9690 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover ASD, et al. 400F. Supp.2d707, Docket. 4CV2688.
shhhhh silly boy.
There is no evolution debate, there is no controversy, except in the heads of those who have so much at stake as their god occupies an ever shrinking pocket of scientific ignorance.
Because evolution is true and your(and my(and every other humans)) chromosome number two proves it beyond a reasonable doubt your worldview comes crashing down like a house of cards.
The batshittery in your `quixotic` posts betrays your internal agony as everything you hold to be true is proven false.
Please don`t stop though, you`re the best advert for atheism and critical thinking on this entire thread.
I agree that there is no debate about mainstream evolution's pet claims because the the discovery and subsequent confirmation of rapid adaptive mutations in bacteria and virus cells killed the debate.

Our generation's best medical scientists followed a false paradigm constructed by a bunch of god-hating false prophets with daddy issues....and everybody on this planet has a stake in the consequences of buying into that scam.

The discovery of individual bacteria and virus cells which can adapt themselves to anything we can try to kill them with and explode into mega colonies of deadly critters in a matter of hours or days totally obliterates the false evolution paradigm predicting small changes by sequential mutations over thousands/millions of years. That dog don't hunt no more, bubba.

United States of America

#9691 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
you missed a bit....
"RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
1:29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands"
Didn't miss anything. That dog won't hunt either, bubba.

Montreal

#9692 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy that laughs at things spontaneously coming into existence but believes in a god that supposedly had no beginning to its existence?

Hahaha...Yeah, you aren't remotely close to sane.

You really are off your rockers, with no more refuting arguments but cackling like a crazy cat lady.

Woodford Green, UK

#9693 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that there is no debate about mainstream evolution's pet claims because the the discovery and subsequent confirmation of rapid adaptive mutations in bacteria and virus cells killed the debate.
Our generation's best medical scientists followed a false paradigm constructed by a bunch of god-hating false prophets with daddy issues....and everybody on this planet has a stake in the consequences of buying into that scam.
The discovery of individual bacteria and virus cells which can adapt themselves to anything we can try to kill them with and explode into mega colonies of deadly critters in a matter of hours or days totally obliterates the false evolution paradigm predicting small changes by sequential mutations over thousands/millions of years. That dog don't hunt no more, bubba.
...whatever makes you feel better.

United States of America

#9694 Apr 23, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
A guy that laughs at things spontaneously coming into existence but believes in a god that supposedly had no beginning to its existence?
Hahaha...Yeah, you aren't remotely close to sane.
You really are off your rockers, with no more refuting arguments but cackling like a crazy cat lady.
Vomiting up the same ol same ol strawmen laced with red herrings and garnished with ad hominems is the best ya can do?

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha....
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#9695 Apr 23, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
ILLOGICAL argument

"Our generation's best medical scientists followed a false paradigm constructed by a bunch of god-hating false prophets with daddy issues....and everybody on this planet has a stake in the consequences of buying into that scam."

In order to hate something it follows that this 'something' must actually EXIST.

To date we have not discovered any evidence of your God.

We did mange to find many Gods, so we have concluded that once
a culture dies so do it's Gods.

It should not be believed that all beings exist for the sake of the existence of man. On the contrary, all the other beings too have been intended for their own sakes and not for the sake of something else." ~Maimonides

"It is no accident that the symbol of a bishop is a crook, and the sign of an archbishop is a double-cross." ~Gregory Dix

United States of America

#9696 Apr 23, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...whatever makes you feel better.
The prospect of hundreds of millions of people dying of diseases because our scientists accepted and followed the false paradigm of evolution's claims does NOT make me feel better, bubba....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min ChristineM 15,853
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 min Thinking 4,641
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min One way or another 40,375
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min ChristineM 255,945
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 min Thinking 24,067
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 57 min thetruth 197
Good arguments against Christianity 59 min thetruth 96
More from around the web