Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14715 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9633 Apr 22, 2013
We have no proof of the so called first coming of this Jesus fellow. What feels good and comforting doesn't matter to me as much as what is true.

I would rather plan for a future that is true if disheartening, then to be a slave to a comforting delusion.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>And as people continue to greedily use up the earth's natural resources, kill each other and other lifeforms, pollute the waters and land masses as they hurtle insanely towards the 6th human extinction event on this planet....you think another decade without a second coming is somehow a good thing???
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#9634 Apr 22, 2013
The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
And as people continue to greedily use up the earth's natural resources, kill each other and other lifeforms, pollute the waters and land masses as they hurtle insanely towards the 6th human extinction event on this planet....you think another decade without a second coming is somehow a good thing???
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#9635 Apr 22, 2013
There's a nuke proof seed bank in Norway. In retrospect, it would've been amazing for Apollo to have left a lot of usable seeds and DNA on the Moon.
Givemeliberty wrote:
We have no proof of the so called first coming of this Jesus fellow. What feels good and comforting doesn't matter to me as much as what is true.
I would rather plan for a future that is true if disheartening, then to be a slave to a comforting delusion.
<quoted text>

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9636 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not in any bible I've ever read, bubba.

Genesis teaches "stewardship" of the land through organic sustainable agriculture and "stewardship" of the oceans and rivers by only harvesting fish with scales. It also instructs people not to shit where they eat, among other things, but that got ignored as well.....obviously.

United States of America

#9637 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
There's a nuke proof seed bank in Norway. In retrospect, it would've been amazing for Apollo to have left a lot of usable seeds and DNA on the Moon.
<quoted text>
Sufi Muslims founded the seed bank movement back in the 1960's as well as the "new" agricultural revolution--returning to organic sustainable agriculture using only heirloom seed.
Thinking

Sturminster Newton, UK

#9638 Apr 22, 2013
Sources?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis teaches "stewardship" of the land through organic sustainable agriculture and "stewardship" of the oceans and rivers by only harvesting fish with scales. It also instructs people not to shit where they eat, among other things, but that got ignored as well.....obviously.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#9639 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right when you get the poos drown them all.

United States of America

#9640 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sources?
<quoted text>
KJV.

Do you have sources for your claims?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9642 Apr 22, 2013
Wait your god had Ezekiel eat his own sht remember?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>That's not in any bible I've ever read, bubba.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#9643 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Keeps you in business!:D
<quoted text>
Indeed sir!

Nunya

#9644 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
KJV.
Do you have sources for your claims?
Circular reasoning (also known as paradoxical thinking[citation needed] or circular logic), is a logical fallacy in which "the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with".[1] The individual components of a circular argument will sometimes be logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true, and will not lack relevance. Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.[2] Begging the question is a form of circular reasoning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoni...

United States of America

#9645 Apr 22, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning (also known as paradoxical thinking[citation needed] or circular logic), is a logical fallacy in which "the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with".[1] The individual components of a circular argument will sometimes be logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true, and will not lack relevance. Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.[2] Begging the question is a form of circular reasoning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoni...
Okay....so what's the specific verse in the bible that "empowered believers to f**k the planet over".....hmmmm?

United States of America

#9646 Apr 22, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to support your claims, bubba.

Can't find any? LOL

Nunya

#9647 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay....so what's the specific verse in the bible that "empowered believers to f**k the planet over".....hmmmm?
Please go learn what circular reasoning is.

The Bible isn't proof of it's self.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#9648 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to support your claims, bubba.
Can't find any? LOL
Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

1:29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands.

United States of America

#9649 Apr 22, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go learn what circular reasoning is.
The Bible isn't proof of it's self.
I already know what circular reasoning is, bubba.

Your buddy made the claim, "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over."

I asked your buddy WHERE in the bible it says that.

Neither his claim nor my request that he support his cliam has anything whatsoever to do with "circular reasoning."

Get it?

United States of America

#9650 Apr 22, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:26
26 Then God said,“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
Genesis 1:28
God blessed them and said to them,“Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
1:29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
1:30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
Genesis 9:2
The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands.
None of those texts support the claim that "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over." Nothing. Zip. Nada.

Nunya

#9651 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those texts support the claim that "The bible (genesis) empowered believers to f**k the planet over." Nothing. Zip. Nada.
It does according to his interpretation.

Get it?

United States of America

#9652 Apr 22, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
It does according to his interpretation.
Get it?
I get it, bubba.

"Thinking" is your sock puppet, it's YOUR claim, and YOU can't support YOUR claim.

Got it.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#9653 Apr 22, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
And as people continue to greedily use up the earth's natural resources, kill each other and other lifeforms, pollute the waters and land masses as they hurtle insanely towards the 6th human extinction event on this planet....you think another decade without a second coming is somehow a good thing???
Why are you so pessimist? That you give it less than a decade?

Despite all what you have written, human population continues to grow!!

You are not providing food for all that multitude, are you? Why should you worry so much about others?

The one who has created all these humans shall provide for their sustenance.

Be optimistic and positive, that is my advice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 247,457
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 26 min JustASkeptic 12,721
Proof of God for the Atheist 1 hr Thinking 128
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 47,814
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 2 hr True Christian wi... 10
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 2 hr True Christian wi... 23
Hitler was Catholic 4 hr Pagatheist 2
More from around the web