Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Imhotep

United States

#9526 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If he could he certainly wouldn't be referencing every religion on the planet and claiming it as "evidence" of God. The other alternative is that he's a fundamentalist deist (weird I know) whereby ANY mention of any God counts. But at best all he can do is point out that lots of ancient peoples all over the world came up with the idea of supernatural beings which were somehow responsible for the universe.
As many times as I've asked those two simple questions there has never been an answer nor will there ever be!

All we can do is thank them for sharing their mythology with us.
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#9527 Apr 19, 2013
Great ad! This is the earliest "ad" I can remember:

MisterCharrington wrote:

Since: May 11

UK

#9528 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Great ad! This is the earliest "ad" I can remember:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xZWD2sDRESkXX
<quoted text>
"Charlie and I were in the park, then this man came up and asked us if we`d like to go and see some puppies....."

....that was a public information film...
Thinking

Ashford, UK

#9529 Apr 19, 2013
So was this!

OK, maybe they were tslking about a different sort of "charly".[sic]
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
"Charlie and I were in the park, then this man came up and asked us if we`d like to go and see some puppies....."
....that was a public information film...

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9530 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, in a rather vague, poetic and allegorical sense, I agree. However note that he did NOT support your claim about animals. Because it was wrong. Plants too, since the sun did NOT appear AFTER plants.
It's okay though, we're quite used to fundies being disingenuous.
It isn't wrong. What's wrong is your representation of what Genesis 1 says.

When you say. "we're quite used to fundies being disingenuous" do you mean you and your sock puppets or something else?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#9531 Apr 19, 2013
So you agree with the Islamic extremist who celebrates suicide bombings?
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Well said, MUQ
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#9532 Apr 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't wrong. What's wrong is your representation of what Genesis 1 says.
If there's something wrong with my representation then there's something wrong with Genesis 1. Which is NOT my problem. Plants day 3, sun day 4.

Now, the Bible does mention OTHER lights which some fundies claim that were also capable of sustaining plant life on Earth, HOWEVER, this goes AGAINST the current scientific view of Earth's history period. Meaning that science is NOT supporting the Bible in this case.

Now go ahead and get Jastrow to agree to plants day 3, sun day 4 or admit you were just lying for Jesus and reaching REAAAAAAAALLY long when you were attempting to claim that science supports the Bible.
ezdzit wrote:
When you say. "we're quite used to fundies being disingenuous" do you mean you and your sock puppets or something else?
No other name used on this thread. I am simply The Dude. When I was talking about fundies being disingenuous I was referring to creationists like yourself. And as daft as you are I'm sure you understood that.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9533 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's something wrong with my representation then there's something wrong with Genesis 1. Which is NOT my problem. Plants day 3, sun day 4.
Now, the Bible does mention OTHER lights which some fundies claim that were also capable of sustaining plant life on Earth, HOWEVER, this goes AGAINST the current scientific view of Earth's history period. Meaning that science is NOT supporting the Bible in this case.
Now go ahead and get Jastrow to agree to plants day 3, sun day 4 or admit you were just lying for Jesus and reaching REAAAAAAAALLY long when you were attempting to claim that science supports the Bible.
<quoted text>
No other name used on this thread. I am simply The Dude. When I was talking about fundies being disingenuous I was referring to creationists like yourself. And as daft as you are I'm sure you understood that.
Again, what's wrong is your representation of what Genesis 1 says.

Penzias got it right and Jastrow got it right and you got it wrong, bubba. Deal with it.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9534 Apr 19, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>We used to have hedgehog flavour crisps (chips) over here...
I hope you're kidding.

Montreal

#9535 Apr 19, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>I have! I have!!

When:

Where:

Petri Dish, High School Biology

What: Induced (evolved) antibiotic resistance in cultured Escherichia Coli bacteria.

How: Exposed cultured E.Coli to Penicillin. Made fresh cultures of survivors. Repeat.

Results: After a number of iterations you end up with a Petri dish full of a new strain of E. Coli. The instructions for the proteins / processes that offer antibiotic resistance are written into the animal's genome. The 'new' strain possesses a trait that did not exist before the experiment. It has evolved.

In fact, the process is going on all around us, all the time and will eventually render our antibiotics ineffective. You godbots best step out of the way and let the egg-heads figure out what we are going to do about it. I don't think praying is going to help.
Did the ignoramus finally realize how horribly stupid his questions were and left?
Lincoln

United States

#9536 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Fundies" seem a put down, except You seem so similar to a religious fundamentalist. No doubt of your truths, funny though they may be.

"Scientific view of the earths history" would be amusing in a freshman history class. History may be a bit more complex.

“Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...”
C.S. Lewis

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#9538 Apr 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The bible too, specifically mentions the lesser light, the night light, "the moon", which the god thought of as such. Too bad no one let him on the secret ... it is just a reflector, no light source at all.
Lincoln

United States

#9539 Apr 19, 2013
Bud light

Montreal

#9540 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Bud light
Innis & Gunn

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9541 Apr 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Bud light
Tha's like sex on a beach... f*cking near water

Location hidden

#9542 Apr 19, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Innis & Gunn
Good one... Spotted Cow

Since: May 11

UK

#9543 Apr 19, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're kidding.
no, he`s/she`s not kidding.

Location hidden

#9544 Apr 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Tha's like sex on a beach... f*cking near water
Let me guess... the "judge it" icons are from someone that considers Bud Light a "good beer". ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#9545 Apr 19, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, MUQ
Thank you for your appreciation, I do not get that always on these type of threads!!
Lincoln

United States

#9546 Apr 19, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Let me guess... the "judge it" icons are from someone that considers Bud Light a "good beer". ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
St. Pauli Girl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Eagle 12 2,596
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr Eagle 12 233,043
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr Morse 194
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 8 hr Morse 7
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 8 hr Morse 35
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 8 hr Morse 161
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 8 hr Morse 1,450
More from around the web