Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 20 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#9465 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Do how was Italy made? No fallacies, you just claim that because you can't answer. So show me your intelligence.
So now you don't believe in basic geography and plate shifts?

Montreal

#9466 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>No, you go around the subject because you can't answer.
No, I stay in reality.
You, on the other hand, skirt around it, pretending water is dry and the desert is wet.

Montreal

#9467 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You two can't prove it.
Correction: it needs not be proven, it is a fact such as gravity is a fact.
You simply wish you disbelieve in proven facts. That is not our problem to contend with.

Montreal

#9468 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Neither do you. Have you seen evolution occur? If so, when and where?
Again, have you seen creation occur?
If so, when and where?

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9469 Apr 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Correction: it needs not be proven, it is a fact such as gravity is a fact.
You simply wish you disbelieve in proven facts. That is not our problem to contend with.
You can't? Good! I will assume that you have up.

Montreal

#9470 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You can't? Good! I will assume that you have up.
Ah, so it's safe to say that you admit your beliefs are all false, for you've not presented a shred of evidence for them, neither have you witnessed any of them.

Location hidden

#9471 Apr 18, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, so it's safe to say that you admit your beliefs are all false, for you've not presented a shred of evidence for them, neither have you witnessed any of them.
Have you witnessed evolution?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#9472 Apr 18, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually it's fanatics who kill other people with home made bombs.
We use lasers.
Who uses lasers to kill people?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#9473 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you witnessed evolution?
I have.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#9474 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do you. Have you seen evolution occur? If so, when and where?
Are you sure the POTUS in office is the same one we elected? How do you know? Did you watch him the whole time he was in office, morning, noon and night?

You are a total dumbazz, you know that right? Course not!

Location hidden

#9475 Apr 18, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>I have.
Please enlighten me.

Location hidden

#9476 Apr 18, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure the POTUS in office is the same one we elected? How do you know? Did you watch him the whole time he was in office, morning, noon and night?

You are a total dumbazz, you know that right? Course not!
You can twist and turn anyway you want, but you have not witnessed evolution. Thank you! Check Mate! Dumbazz? Can't do any better?

#9477 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
You can twist and turn anyway you want, but you have not witnessed evolution. Thank you! Check Mate! Dumbazz? Can't do any better?
You can twist and turn anyway you want, but you have not witnessed your God doing anything. Thank you! Check Mate! Dumbazz? Can't do any better?

There are more than 29 different pieces of verifiable factual evidence that you can directly observe today that prove evolution.

What verifiable evidence do you have that your God exists or ever did?? I'll wait .....

#9478 Apr 18, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Who uses lasers to kill people?
Well, we can, but haven't yet ....

.... that I know of anyway.
Imhotep

United States

#9479 Apr 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "final analysis", bubba? Yours? LOL
Fairytale books, huh? The Bible was indeed written by men and even though we now know unscrupulous “Jews” and “Christians” corrupted the original texts by inserting their own words into Genesis, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc and the Gospels, and <utter nonsense removed for content>especially Paul’s writings and claimed these corruptions were the “word of God”, theological
BTW Jesus aka or were condemned to death as heretics the real Jesus, who is infinitely much more awesome and amazing than any of the silly myths fabricated about him.
Silly boy or girl... You need to sell your saviors to someone who's dumb enough to buy superstition.

Reality time

In fact, the quest for Biblical accounts of ancient Egypt at least into the 19th Dynasty of Egypt's New Kingdom, take on an interesting approach by most investigators.

Essentially, since there is no evidence to clearly support the existence of Joseph, or Moses, or the Israeli Exodus, most of the investigation examines what was possible, what cannot be ruled out, or what fits into and Egyptian context.

In other words, is it possible that such events or people could have existed from what we know of ancient Egypt.

Some specifics are very possible, such as Joseph's rise to importance in the Egyptian court. Other events, such as the Exodus, as specifically told in the Bible, are much more difficult.

Though the Egyptians may not have liked to record defeats, it would seem very probable that, were the disasters inflicted upon them as detailed in the Bible, there would have survived some textual evidence.

For example, the Egyptians certainly recorded events such as eclipses of the sun and the levels of the Nile Flood.

Were the Nile to have turned to blood and every firstborn child suddenly have died, not to mention all of the other plagues mentioned in Exodus, there would have doubtless been some record left, particularly during the New Kingdom.

Tomb records frequently provide us with the most meager of details, and we have, from that period, many thousands of documents recording civil actions and even commercial contracts.

"Despite the mass of contemporary records that have been unearthed in Egypt, not one historical reference to the presence of the Israelites has yet been found there. Not a single mention of Joseph, the Pharaoh's 'Grand Vizier'. Not a word about Moses, or the spectacular flight from Egypt and the destruction of the pursuing Egyptian army."
Magnus Magnusson (The Archaeology of the Bible Lands - BC, p43)

For many centuries the Egyptians were present in Palestine, controlling the trade routes and importing the timber, olive oil and minerals not found in Egypt.

Archaeology has uncovered dramatic evidence of this pervasive Egyptian presence in 'Canaan'– yet nowhere does the Bible refer to Egyptians outside of Egypt.

It would spoil the story!! LOL!

How could Hebrews escape into the promised land if the Bible admitted Egyptians were running the show there too?

'Neither Moses, nor an enslaved Israel nor the event of this Exodus are recorded in any known ancient records outside the Bible ...
Although its climate has preserved the tiniest traces of ancient bedouin encampments and the sparse 5000-year-old villages of mine workers there is not a single trace of Moses or the Israelites.'
– John Romer, Testament

The "Word of God", far from being inerrant, has always been a work in progress

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

Get an education ;)

Montreal

#9480 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Have you witnessed evolution?
Have you witnessed creationism?

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9481 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly boy or girl... You need to sell your saviors to someone who's dumb enough to buy superstition.
Reality time
In fact, the quest for Biblical accounts of ancient Egypt at least into the 19th Dynasty of Egypt's New Kingdom, take on an interesting approach by most investigators.
Essentially, since there is no evidence to clearly support the existence of Joseph, or Moses, or the Israeli Exodus, most of the investigation examines what was possible, what cannot be ruled out, or what fits into and Egyptian context.
In other words, is it possible that such events or people could have existed from what we know of ancient Egypt.
Some specifics are very possible, such as Joseph's rise to importance in the Egyptian court. Other events, such as the Exodus, as specifically told in the Bible, are much more difficult.
Though the Egyptians may not have liked to record defeats, it would seem very probable that, were the disasters inflicted upon them as detailed in the Bible, there would have survived some textual evidence.
For example, the Egyptians certainly recorded events such as eclipses of the sun and the levels of the Nile Flood.
Were the Nile to have turned to blood and every firstborn child suddenly have died, not to mention all of the other plagues mentioned in Exodus, there would have doubtless been some record left, particularly during the New Kingdom.
Tomb records frequently provide us with the most meager of details, and we have, from that period, many thousands of documents recording civil actions and even commercial contracts.
"Despite the mass of contemporary records that have been unearthed in Egypt, not one historical reference to the presence of the Israelites has yet been found there. Not a single mention of Joseph, the Pharaoh's 'Grand Vizier'. Not a word about Moses, or the spectacular flight from Egypt and the destruction of the pursuing Egyptian army."
Magnus Magnusson (The Archaeology of the Bible Lands - BC, p43)
For many centuries the Egyptians were present in Palestine, controlling the trade routes and importing the timber, olive oil and minerals not found in Egypt.
Archaeology has uncovered dramatic evidence of this pervasive Egyptian presence in 'Canaan'– yet nowhere does the Bible refer to Egyptians outside of Egypt.
It would spoil the story!! LOL!
How could Hebrews escape into the promised land if the Bible admitted Egyptians were running the show there too?
'Neither Moses, nor an enslaved Israel nor the event of this Exodus are recorded in any known ancient records outside the Bible ...
Although its climate has preserved the tiniest traces of ancient bedouin encampments and the sparse 5000-year-old villages of mine workers there is not a single trace of Moses or the Israelites.'
– John Romer, Testament
The "Word of God", far from being inerrant, has always been a work in progress
And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23
Get an education ;)
Nothing in your post is relevant to anything that was happening in Palestine from 800 BC to 33 AD.
The Egyptian dynasty had already lost control to the Assyrians by around 800 AD, then it became a client state of the Babylonians, then the Persians, then the Greeks, and then the Romans--so what is your point?

Montreal

#9482 Apr 18, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You can twist and turn anyway you want, but you have not witnessed evolution. Thank you! Check Mate! Dumbazz? Can't do any better?
You haven't witnessed creation.
You checkmated yourself.
Imhotep

United States

#9484 Apr 18, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing in your post is relevant to anything that was happening in Palestine from 800 BC to 33 AD.
The Egyptian dynasty had already lost control to the Assyrians by around 800 AD, then it became a client state of the Babylonians, then the Persians, then the Greeks, and then the Romans--so what is your point?
Your book is myth
There is zero evidence you should know this

Like those of the Jewish writer Josephus, the works of the ancient historians Pliny, Suetonius and Tacitus do not provide proof that Jesus Christ ever existed as a "historical" character.

Pliny the Younger, Roman Official and Historian (62-113 CE)

Tacitus, Roman Politician and Historian,(c. 56-120 CE)

Suetonius, Roman Historian (c. 69-c. 122 CE)

When addressing the mythical nature of Jesus Christ, one issue repeatedly raised is the purported "evidence" of his existence to be found in the writings of Flavius Josephus, the famed Jewish general and historian who lived from about 37 to 100 CE.

In Josephus's Antiquities of the Jews appears the notorious passage regarding Christ called the "Testimonium Flavianum" ("TF"):

"Now, there was about this time, Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works,--a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure.

He drew over to him both many of the Jews, and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ; and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men amongst us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him, for he appeared to them alive again the third day, as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him; and the tribe of Christians, so named from him, are not extinct at this day."

The are: No sculptures, no drawings, no markings in stone, nothing written in his own hand; and no letters, no commentaries, indeed no authentic documents written by his Jewish and Gentile contemporaries, Justice of Tiberius, Philo, Josephus, Seneca, Petronius Arbiter, Pliny the Elder, et al., to lend credence to his historicity."

In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed.

All of these historians were born well after the alleged events.

'Hearsay' is not 'evidence' for a reason!

Caesar by comparison is easily verified.

“A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.”~Saul Bellow

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#9485 Apr 18, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Your book is myth
There is zero evidence you should know this.....
Everything in the Bible is just myth and there's "zero evidence" supporting anything written in it....is that your point?

The Levant is the epicenter for the Agricultural Revolution and the beginning of human civilization. The "book" has been an invaluable tool for scientists, cosmologists, archaeologists, anthropologists, biologists, geologists, linguists, geneticists, etc. and historians, theologians, philosophers, etc. If that chaps your ass you'll just have to suck it up and get over it, bubba.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 238,330
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,847
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 15 hr Amused 25
News Confessions of a black atheist 15 hr thetruth 465
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 23 hr thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 23 hr thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
More from around the web