Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
9,121 - 9,140 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still talking fairytale books
If you want history...
Like those of the Jewish writer Josephus, the works of the ancient historians Pliny, Suetonius and Tacitus do not provide proof that Jesus Christ ever existed as a "historical" character.
Pliny the Younger, Roman Official and Historian (62-113 CE)
Tacitus, Roman Politician and Historian,(c. 56-120 CE)
Suetonius, Roman Historian (c. 69-c. 122 CE)
When addressing the mythical nature of Jesus Christ, one issue repeatedly raised is the purported "evidence" of his existence to be found in the writings of Flavius Josephus, the famed Jewish general and historian who lived from about 37 to 100 CE.....

.....In the final analysis there is no evidence that the biblical character called "Jesus Christ" ever existed.....
Whose "final analysis", bubba? Yours? LOL

Fairytale books, huh? The Bible was indeed written by men and even though we now know unscrupulous “Jews” and “Christians” corrupted the original texts by inserting their own words into Genesis, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc and the Gospels, and especially Paul’s writings and claimed these corruptions were the “word of God”, theological sleuths have isolated the majority of the corrupted texts (see Dead Sea Scrolls). There are, however, some books of the Bible which defy "rational" explanation. Genesis 1 is a good example. How could ancient men know about the Big Bang or articulate a description of the EXACT sequence of species appearance on this planet?

BTW Jesus aka Yeshua ben Yosef was NOT a “Jew”. He was indeed Yehudim, aka Palestinian Arab, but he was born into and raised in the Essene tradition and was NOT a “Jew”. The etymology of the word “Jew” indicates it wasn’t even invented until the 12th century AD. And, he was not the founder of the “Christian” religion. His followers were called Ebionites, Nazarenes, etc. and those who refused to convert to “Christianity” fled deeper into the ME or were condemned to death as heretics by the “Christian” church starting after the Council of Nicea circa 330 AD.

Most scholars consider the "Testimonium Flavianum" to be a forgery created by the Roman church. Josephus knew about the Essenes were and would never have referred to Jesus as a “Jew” or his followers as “Christians” since they’re were no “Christians” in Josephus’ time.

Discovering the lies about the "mythical" Jesus created by the early Roman church is just the first step in the search for the truth about the real Jesus, who is infinitely much more awesome and amazing than any of the silly myths fabricated about him.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "final analysis", bubba? Yours? LOL
Fairytale books, huh? The Bible was indeed written by men and even though we now know unscrupulous “Jews” and “Christians” corrupted the original texts by inserting their own words into Genesis, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc and the Gospels, and especially Paul’s writings and claimed these corruptions were the “word of God”, theological sleuths have isolated the majority of the corrupted texts (see Dead Sea Scrolls). There are, however, some books of the Bible which defy "rational" explanation. Genesis 1 is a good example. How could ancient men know about the Big Bang or articulate a description of the EXACT sequence of species appearance on this planet?
BTW Jesus aka Yeshua ben Yosef was NOT a “Jew”. He was indeed Yehudim, aka Palestinian Arab, but he was born into and raised in the Essene tradition and was NOT a “Jew”. The etymology of the word “Jew” indicates it wasn’t even invented until the 12th century AD. And, he was not the founder of the “Christian” religion. His followers were called Ebionites, Nazarenes, etc. and those who refused to convert to “Christianity” fled deeper into the ME or were condemned to death as heretics by the “Christian” church starting after the Council of Nicea circa 330 AD.
Most scholars consider the "Testimonium Flavianum" to be a forgery created by the Roman church. Josephus knew about the Essenes were and would never have referred to Jesus as a “Jew” or his followers as “Christians” since they’re were no “Christians” in Josephus’ time.
Discovering the lies about the "mythical" Jesus created by the early Roman church is just the first step in the search for the truth about the real Jesus, who is infinitely much more awesome and amazing than any of the silly myths fabricated about him.
cool story bro

...doesn`t even qualify to be considered hearsay.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I totally agree. However you may note that nothing that is possible is necessarily due to "divine power" or whatever, unless your definition of such includes the mundane.(shrug)
Or perhaps what you call "divine power" is really just the operation of natural laws our ever evolving knowledge of science doesn't really comprehend yet......hmmmmm?

The medical journals are full of documented "miracle" healings, i.e. spontaneous remissions, of terminal cancers or some other deadly disease occurring for atheists, the non-religious, and the religious of all sects.

What I would call an example of "divine power" is when God overrides the operation of His own natural laws and one of the best examples of this is the inexplicably high levels of CO2 that have accumulated in our atmosphere, the highest levels in 450,000 years of earth's history according to ice core samples. We should be 100 years into a huge glaciation event, the earth should resemble a gigantic snowball. We aren't and it doesn't. Why?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

I know right! It's like Christian fan fiction I mean wow! I almost wonder if he's a Poe putting us on. Seriously can people be that stupid? Genesis 1 has the Big Bang and the proper sequence of things? So he must be claiming we had plants before the sun?
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>cool story bro

...doesn`t even qualify to be considered hearsay.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

People heal all the time at rapid rates outside medical norms. Our body is actually set up for this potential because of the evolutionary process. Also people can be misdiagnosed which accounts for most of these so called miraculous healings.

Again you cannot assign properties to a god until you have demonstrated a god exists.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Or perhaps what you call "divine power" is really just the operation of natural laws our ever evolving knowledge of science doesn't really comprehend yet......hmmmmm?

The medical journals are full of documented "miracle" healings, i.e. spontaneous remissions, of terminal cancers or some other deadly disease occurring for atheists, the non-religious, and the religious of all sects.

What I would call an example of "divine power" is when God overrides the operation of His own natural laws and one of the best examples of this is the inexplicably high levels of CO2 that have accumulated in our atmosphere, the highest levels in 450,000 years of earth's history according to ice core samples. We should be 100 years into a huge glaciation event, the earth should resemble a gigantic snowball. We aren't and it doesn't. Why?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Yes :-)
Why will atheism replace religion?:-) and when by next Tuesday?
First we need to find atheists who are not in fact agnostics.

"Scratch and atheist out pops an agnostic" as the old saying goes

Since: Apr 13

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Religion will stay around for as long as humanity is around. Humans continue to dream so they can progress and continue to live their lives and god is another dream or a goal that humans use to live their lives regardless of the existence of god. As long as we humans continue to dream and make goals in life religion will never fade away

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

So now you think you can accurately say what will be happening on earth say 200,000 years from now?

Care to discuss it over a stack of abandoned church deeds?

You Christholes are funny like that!:))
Cia624 wrote:
Religion will stay around for as long as humanity is around. Humans continue to dream so they can progress and continue to live their lives and god is another dream or a goal that humans use to live their lives regardless of the existence of god. As long as we humans continue to dream and make goals in life religion will never fade away

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>So your standard of proof only applies to evolution and nothing else.

I rest my case.
You never had a case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even think before you type?
Because I think you should make it a habit.
Answer the question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're talking about everything.
You can't pick a subject you wished wasn't true and then apply a ridiculous rule to that subject, and that subject only.
Oh, so it now becomes your rules? I think not. Can you answer?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>You have not a rational mind and so you bring up logical fallacies and make stupid statements such as "Italy was made by man."
Do how was Italy made? No fallacies, you just claim that because you can't answer. So show me your intelligence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are just ignorant of reality.
No, you go around the subject because you can't answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Yet he expects us to prove something to him that he doesn't want to believe, even if it's a fact.
You two can't prove it.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>You never had a case.
Right, because you lot it on fire the minute you wrote one comment.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

That should read "LIT it on fire"***

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>And AGAIN: If you are going to declare evolution hopelessly flawed, you should have a better explanation that fits the evidence well (better). So far, all you've got is a lot of assertions and face flapping.

Basically, you've got nothing again.
Neither do you. Have you seen evolution occur? If so, when and where?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Answer the question.
What question?
I don't deal in logical fallacies.
If you wish to make sense, I shall answer then.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Do how was Italy made? No fallacies, you just claim that because you can't answer. So show me your intelligence.
It's "do you know"

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so it now becomes your rules? I think not. Can you answer?
And so you invalidate your own opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••