Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14732 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

#8678 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
Sorry dude, it doesn't.
If you would like, I will go back and repost my question, along with your answer.

Orefield, PA

#8679 Apr 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheist Hitler fantasies seem revealing.
Atheists need to find Hitler a champion of religion is hysterical :-)
Again you are being typically dishonest. I have never seen an atheist saying that Hitler was a "champion" of religion. Hitler was a theist, and invoked god often in his speeches. This is almost always bought up in response to a theist claiming that Hitler was an atheist.

Of course if you would like to show me a quote from an atheist that supports your assertion, I would be happy to see it.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#8680 Apr 12, 2013
Atheism can get us into all kinds of messes.

Like Korea.

I say its time for a political bowel flush with the enema of faith!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8681 Apr 12, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
1) GOD gave man free will and they were instructed not to eat of the tree they did, that is free will for you.
Free will is a lie when faced with an all-powerful all-knowing omniscient omnipotent entity.
2) Yes he did again free will, the serpent (your name sake) is a physical manifestation of a spiritual being Ha.Satan.
Talking lizards do not exist.
3) He asked a hypothetical question, He did know where they were and why they hid.
4) He did not move it, he bared their access to it.
He NEVER barred their access to it. If he DID they would not have been ABLE to eat from the tree.

Of course God could have easily put it out of reach if he wanted.

By making it too tall.

Behind a tall fence.

In another country.

On another planet.

In a different galaxy.

And a different universe.

But NOOOOOOO...

He made dumb humans who knew diddly squat, much less right from wrong. Then he made an evil talking lizard to tell them to eat from the tree. And to top it all off he already KNEW this was going to happen because he is all-powerful and all-knowing hence NOTHING can surprise him because in the end he already knows the whole game is rigged. But then you wouldn't even need to be a God to see that, just the same as you know if you leave a chocolate cake on the floor in the living room with a toddler or a dog - you KNOW it ain't gonna be there when you get back no matter how many times you tell them not to eat it.

But as it is the tail is no more real than Little Red Riding Hood. And you'd have to be MONUMENTALLY dumb to think it was anything like a historical account of a real event.
5) God does not punish all mankind for the original sin, if he did we would all be dead. Original sin introduced death and suffering The punishment is for our own sin.
But since the god of the OT is the biggest ahole going, "sin" is something of a subjective term...
6) The Torah is for man God does not break his own Torah, people misinterpret the Torah with our little understanding than put such limitations on GOD.
NEXT PLEASE
Bub, your own BOOK places limitations on God. Then you go and worship that book instead of worshipping God. Which is idolatry. Which according to your own religion is a sin.

But then so is lying, and you guys lie all the time.(shrug)

But don't worry, because ALL WILL BE FORGIVEN!

Fingers crossed, eh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8682 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
All that DNA evidence prove conclusively that they all had the same designer, very simple is it not. The reason why I will not apologise is that I have previously answered this rubbish you claim is evidence, as I have just done. All that evolutionary work show to bits by me. ONCE AGAIN>
So evotwot, you need to do far more than simply posting some pictures of skulls (all made my GOD)
"Design" is a baseless claim.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8683 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
First I am neither an electrician nor a Christian.
Second Salvation in YHWHs books is not a free gift that is a chriatians church lie, I actually agree with most of what you have said above.
Right. So the Catholics interpret the books their way, the Protestants interpret the books their way, the Mormons their way, the Phelps their way, other sects their way, and you your way.

And quite obviously YOUR interpretation is "correct", since you are the world's greatest Biblical scholar and not to mention God's favourite.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8684 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Statement one: Give me control of the school text books and I will control the nation.
Statement two: we must teach the theory of evolution as fact to children as young as possible.
Add them together and we have the classic evolutionary teaching pattern. There two prove that teaching of evolution is brainwashing, it is now the norm to teach evolution as fact to children as soon as they can watch TV. The radically different has become the norm, which does not make it true it only makes mass deluded brainwashed people.
If you do not believe without evidence why do you believe in evolution, it has no evidence as has been proved here so often. There are more proofs for the BIBLE than for evolution. You are too closed minded to even consider the Biblical truth.
Then just find us ONE flat Earth. ONE talking lizard. ONE talking donkey.
I do not ignore any facts I am yet to be presented with any fact that I need to consider. Do you have some for me to consider?
I do not ignore evidence facts I am yet to be presented with any fact that I need to consider. Do you have some for me to consider?
I do not believe fallacies; if I did I would believe the evolution lie.
If one need to believe the lie of evolution to be considered educated then I will stay uneducated, see as though I hold a very high level of education this seems to prove your hypothesis wrong.
You do not believe in fallacies and have a high level of education.

Yet apparently, mass has nothing to do with gravity.
Who has ever proved the BIBLE wrong, no one here has managed to do so. CAN YOU?
Oh, say, the priests and stuff who already figured it out in the 16th and 17th centuries when they subjected it to Higher Criticism way before you were born?

See, here's the thing with the Bible.

Some parts it gets right - like Herod.

Some parts it gets wrong - flat square Earth, global flood, talking lizards, talking donkeys.

And the rest cannot be determined - Herod issuing the order to wipe out all the babies, and basically all the bits with magic in it.
So now we come back to the point that I have been making and asking al along, Can and will you post the evidenced the once and for all proves evolution to be 100% factual. Go on post your evidence. As I am still waiting after all these weeks, after all these diversion and after all the assertions that I am uneducated and ignorant, something else that has never been proved, yet another evotwot lie.
Evidence has already been posted and you decided to "refute" something else instead. That is why you're still having these problems.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8685 Apr 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
A. Science and Predictions:
01. According to me, the science can be divided into two main branches, Exact science and Non Exact Science.
Um, WHO are you again?(shrug)

I notice you ignored what was theologically inconvenient in favour of another self-important rant.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8686 Apr 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
20. The problem of poverty, racism, violence and crimes against women are more frequent these days than it was when world was not that much educated.
Sure it is. And none of it from your religion, eh?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8687 Apr 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
People who find atheism wanting are not only creationists,
point.
Atheists offer no proof of their theory
Since atheism is a position based on a LACK of evidence FOR a god, they need not offer evidence. It's those who make POSITIVE claims that require evidence. Examples:

"There IS a God" (requires evidence)

"There DEFINITELY IS NO God NO WAY NO HOW CUZ IT'S 100% IMPOSSIBLE NO MATTER WHAT" (requires evidence)

"There is no evidence of God hence no reason to presume it exists" (does NOT require evidence)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8688 Apr 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
Atheist Hitler fantasies seem revealing.
Atheists need to find Hitler a champion of religion is hysterical :-)
Ah, good old Godwin's law again. Except Hitler being an atheist is a lie invented by Christians. Hitler believed in God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8689 Apr 12, 2013
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer, bubba. Instead, you attacked me for simply asking you to clarify your definition of "magic". That is not a rational response. Try again:
What’s your particular definition of the word “magic”? How about“reality”?
Does your particular view of “reality” include the scientific discovery that a single particle can “magically” exist in two different places at the same time?
What about the scientific discovery of the “magical” process for changing lead into gold?
What about the “magical” effect of the observer when attempting to measure the speed and location of a particle?
Actually I DID answer. Do any of those you called "magic" there have scientific explanations? And if there are any that don't, are scientists saying "We don't know yet so are currently researching the subject" or are they simply throwing their hands up and saying "Beats me, must be magic!" ?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#8690 Apr 12, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dude, it doesn't.
If you would like, I will go back and repost my question, along with your answer.
By all means.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#8691 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I DID answer. Do any of those you called "magic" there have scientific explanations? And if there are any that don't, are scientists saying "We don't know yet so are currently researching the subject" or are they simply throwing their hands up and saying "Beats me, must be magic!" ?
Again, the question is what is YOUR definition of the word "magic"? Same question for the word "reality"? I am asking for YOUR definitions of these words.

What part of the words "your definition" don't you understand ?

Orefield, PA

#8692 Apr 12, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Atheism can get us into all kinds of messes.
Like Korea.
I say its time for a political bowel flush with the enema of faith!
Korea is not an atheist nation.
Please get a clue before you post.

Orefield, PA

#8693 Apr 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means.
My original question to you was : "Do you believe that there is a possibility that pink, fluffy, flying unicorns exist?"

Your answer was "There is zero evidence"

That does NOT answer the question. I asked if YOU BELIEVE, not if there was evidence. Your answer can be either "yes" or "No". That answer might be accompanied by an expalanation, but the answer must be a yes or no, as it is concerned with your belief.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8694 Apr 12, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Educational Barrier.
Yes, you obviously hit it.
You cannot get past how some people have an education.

Montreal

#8695 Apr 12, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>Such a typical little atheist with his educational barrier.
Again, you show you are jealous of the educated.

Montreal

#8696 Apr 12, 2013
Educated What wrote:
Atheists are people who once believed in God and got angry at him for some reason or other.
Really? You aren't born religious, you're not born thinking "hi god!"

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#8697 Apr 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you obviously hit it.
You cannot get past how some people have an education.
Apparently your comprehension of educational barrier is at an all time low. Lol! You have no clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min One way or another 27,291
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 23 min Just Saying 3,981
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 253,350
News Atheism has no moral dimension 1 hr Thinking 148
Morality is Subjective Without God 1 hr Thinking 52
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Brian_G 5,998
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Gary Coaldigger 8,101
More from around the web