Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Thinking

Bolton, UK

#8619 Apr 11, 2013
Atheists need muslims to drive taxis, clean houses and serve food.

Quality will beat quantity.
Halonen is Conan OBrien wrote:
LOL!
Islam is growing about as fast as Atheism only thing is Muslims have so many kids while Atheists have so few kids.
Islam is simply destined to win out over Atheists due to demographic birth rate differences.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8620 Apr 11, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet no one is able to post any of the irrefutable 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove that evolution is true.
And you say I am ignorant.
Will you post that one bit of evidence. I don't think so!!!
That's because you are ignorant of the evidence.
Again, do you enjoy being so mind-numbingly ignorant?

Montreal

#8621 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh dear yet another foul mouthed response form a evotwot, and for your information it is not loser it is loooooser with a long pronunciation on the 'OO' sound, oh is this information too much for you little brain to handle, YES, oh I thought so.
Even ignorant of the spelling of words...a simple google search could tell you that you are wrong, yet as an ignoramus, you will continue to delude yourself into thinking you are right.
You gotta be kidding

Christchurch, New Zealand

#8622 Apr 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"form" - for the third time!
To quote Richard Herring: "Cheg on. You am a twart." [sic]
<quoted text>
YUP here goes:
Yet another foul mouthed EVOTWOT. What more have I come to expect form this prokaryotes.

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#8623 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So you don’t know every educated person in the universe, as you claimed.
What old rag are you talking about?
Your Biblical questions
1) Yes and Yes
2) Yes but Adam and Eve were not names they wee allocations, Adam means man and Eve (English for Khavah in Hebrew)
3) If you are referring to YHWH then yes
I can pretty much guess the argument that you are about o pose because I have heard them all before. But do you best.
We will start with a few easy ones....

If god is all knowing, why did he put the tree of knowledge in the garden? He would have had to know that the forbidden fruit would be eaten.

If god created all things, with full knowledge of all outcomes, why did he allow the serpent in the garden? Not only would he know that the serpent would tempt Eve, he would have to know the outcome of that temptation.

Why would god have asked Adam and Eve why they hid? An all knowing god would already know the answer to that question.

If god knows all outcomes, why did he put the tree of knowledge in the garden? Also, why did he later move the tree of life. It is obvious that he was fearful that Adam and Eve would also eat from that tree too. This is not the actions of an all knowing god.

The Bible says that it is wrong to punish children for the sins of their father? If it is wrong, than God would be wrong for punishing all of mankind for the sins of Adam and Eve. If gods rules are absolute, than he would be subject to them. If he breaks his own rules(as he often does) than he is either a sinner himself, or his rules are not perfect.

There are a couple of easy ones for you. let's see what you have.
You gotta be kidding

#8624 Apr 11, 2013
The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted a link.
You couldn't even acknowledge it!!
So after looking back 16 pages of posts I finally find what you claim to be this all encompassing 100% irrefutable factual evidence that will once and for all prove evolution is correct.

This same evidence you claim that I did not address.

Well evotwot I did her it is again.

There is nothing on that page the proves evolution. and here is why, all you have there is series of pictures of:

1) Human skulls form various regions of the world,
2) Animal skulls,
3) Made up skulls form different pieces of bone possibly not even related
4) speculation and extrapolation,
5) artist impressions....

need I say more. Now that is no where near 100% irrefutable, factual evidence.
You gotta be kidding

#8625 Apr 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you are ignorant of the evidence.
For your information I am not ignorant, nor am I a brainwashed closed minded EVOTWOT, like you.

No one has posted any thing that even remotely proves evolution, some have been brave enough to try (credit to them) some have not (discredit to them). Which one are you.
You gotta be kidding

#8626 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
We will start with a few easy ones....
If god is all knowing, why did he put the tree of knowledge in the garden? He would have had to know that the forbidden fruit would be eaten.
If god created all things, with full knowledge of all outcomes, why did he allow the serpent in the garden? Not only would he know that the serpent would tempt Eve, he would have to know the outcome of that temptation.
Why would god have asked Adam and Eve why they hid? An all knowing god would already know the answer to that question.
If god knows all outcomes, why did he put the tree of knowledge in the garden? Also, why did he later move the tree of life. It is obvious that he was fearful that Adam and Eve would also eat from that tree too. This is not the actions of an all knowing god.
The Bible says that it is wrong to punish children for the sins of their father? If it is wrong, than God would be wrong for punishing all of mankind for the sins of Adam and Eve. If gods rules are absolute, than he would be subject to them. If he breaks his own rules(as he often does) than he is either a sinner himself, or his rules are not perfect.
There are a couple of easy ones for you. let's see what you have.
1) GOD gave man free will and they were instructed not to eat of the tree they did, that is free will for you.
2) Yes he did again free will, the serpent (your name sake) is a physical manifestation of a spiritual being Ha.Satan.
3) He asked a hypothetical question, He did know where they were and why they hid.
4) He did not move it, he bared their access to it.
5) God does not punish all mankind for the original sin, if he did we would all be dead. Original sin introduced death and suffering The punishment is for our own sin.
6) The Torah is for man God does not break his own Torah, people misinterpret the Torah with our little understanding than put such limitations on GOD.
NEXT PLEASE

Since: Dec 10

Fogelsville, PA

#8627 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So after looking back 16 pages of posts I finally find what you claim to be this all encompassing 100% irrefutable factual evidence that will once and for all prove evolution is correct.
This same evidence you claim that I did not address.
Well evotwot I did her it is again.
There is nothing on that page the proves evolution. and here is why, all you have there is series of pictures of:
1) Human skulls form various regions of the world,
2) Animal skulls,
3) Made up skulls form different pieces of bone possibly not even related
4) speculation and extrapolation,
5) artist impressions....
need I say more. Now that is no where near 100% irrefutable, factual evidence.
Yeah, all that DNA evidence is false! LOL!! That's how we know they are related. That's just one simple answer.

The fact that you don't understand what you are looking at, does not make it false.

Sorry sky fairy believer. I can't educated you if you are in denial. Your canned refutations don't even apply. Your self delusion, and dishonesty are witness to why being a godbot is bad for a person. Thanks for the brilliant demonstration.

I must have missed your apology for your ignorant insistance that I never posted a link. The arrorgance of a godbot never ceases to amaze me!
You gotta be kidding

#8628 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, all that DNA evidence is false! LOL!! That's how we know they are related. That's just one simple answer.
The fact that you don't understand what you are looking at, does not make it false.
Sorry sky fairy believer. I can't educated you if you are in denial. Your canned refutations don't even apply. Your self delusion, and dishonesty are witness to why being a godbot is bad for a person. Thanks for the brilliant demonstration.
I must have missed your apology for your ignorant insistance that I never posted a link. The arrorgance of a godbot never ceases to amaze me!

All that DNA evidence prove conclusively that they all had the same designer, very simple is it not. The reason why I will not apologise is that I have previously answered this rubbish you claim is evidence, as I have just done. All that evolutionary work show to bits by me. ONCE AGAIN>

So evotwot, you need to do far more than simply posting some pictures of skulls (all made my GOD)

Since: Mar 11

United States

#8629 Apr 11, 2013
Ignorance is a requirement and looked upon as a good thing in his circles.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>That's because you are ignorant of the evidence.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#8630 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
1) GOD gave man free will and they were instructed not to eat of the tree they did, that is free will for you.
2) Yes he did again free will, the serpent (your name sake) is a physical manifestation of a spiritual being Ha.Satan.
3) He asked a hypothetical question, He did know where they were and why they hid.
4) He did not move it, he bared their access to it.
5) God does not punish all mankind for the original sin, if he did we would all be dead. Original sin introduced death and suffering The punishment is for our own sin.
6) The Torah is for man God does not break his own Torah, people misinterpret the Torah with our little understanding than put such limitations on GOD.
NEXT PLEASE
Not so fast Sparky

An often quoted, and very effective line for producing converts to the cult of Jesus(Christianity) is as follows:

What is so hard about accepting a FREE gift of salvation from the Lord Jesus Christ?
It doesn't require anything on your part, but to accept it.

If this gift truly required nothing as the claim says, then you wouldn't have to accept it to be saved.

This line of reasoning is used repeatedly by those trolling for converts in schools, offices, on TV, and just about anywhere else you find an aggressive member of the cult of Jesus.

It's the same nonsense that is spewed and taught in Bible study classrooms in most churches.

The problem is that the gift of salvation as taught in the Bible is anything but free.

It first requires that you perform a work. That work is believing Jesus is your Savior and that only he can serve as your intermediary with God. Of course it also means that you accept all the baggage that goes along with that.

It means you accept as truth that this "God" will punish people for the "sin" of disbelief(Mark 16:16, John 16:9, John 3:18, John 3:36, Heb 3:12, 1 John 2:22), it requires that you worship a God who will provide infinite punishment for finite sins, and it requires that you accept a God with the behavior of a rather manipulative, power hungry, petty tyrant.

It means you must abandon your mind to save your soul. You must confess Jesus is your Lord and worship him as such.

That act is a "work" in itself.

Make no mistake concerning the actual nature of this so-called "free" gift.

Salvation is exchanged for worship and it's nothing more than a holy barter system where you say the magic words and you are saved.

On the surface it's cheap, easy, and painless.

It appeals to anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with thinking for themselves, but it's in no sense "free".

This form of holy fire insurance is nothing more than false advertising and should be treated with the same regard one would have when he opens a box of Cracker Jacks and digs out the cheap trinket that came as a "free" gift when you purchased the box it came in.
You gotta be kidding

#8631 Apr 11, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast Sparky
An often quoted, and very effective line for producing converts to the cult of Jesus(Christianity) is as follows:
What is so hard about accepting a FREE gift of salvation from the Lord Jesus Christ?
It doesn't require anything on your part, but to accept it.
If this gift truly required nothing as the claim says, then you wouldn't have to accept it to be saved.
This line of reasoning is used repeatedly by those trolling for converts in schools, offices, on TV, and just about anywhere else you find an aggressive member of the cult of Jesus.
It's the same nonsense that is spewed and taught in Bible study classrooms in most churches.
The problem is that the gift of salvation as taught in the Bible is anything but free.
It first requires that you perform a work. That work is believing Jesus is your Savior and that only he can serve as your intermediary with God. Of course it also means that you accept all the baggage that goes along with that.
It means you accept as truth that this "God" will punish people for the "sin" of disbelief(Mark 16:16, John 16:9, John 3:18, John 3:36, Heb 3:12, 1 John 2:22), it requires that you worship a God who will provide infinite punishment for finite sins, and it requires that you accept a God with the behavior of a rather manipulative, power hungry, petty tyrant.
It means you must abandon your mind to save your soul. You must confess Jesus is your Lord and worship him as such.
That act is a "work" in itself.
Make no mistake concerning the actual nature of this so-called "free" gift.
Salvation is exchanged for worship and it's nothing more than a holy barter system where you say the magic words and you are saved.
On the surface it's cheap, easy, and painless.
It appeals to anyone who doesn't want to be burdened with thinking for themselves, but it's in no sense "free".
This form of holy fire insurance is nothing more than false advertising and should be treated with the same regard one would have when he opens a box of Cracker Jacks and digs out the cheap trinket that came as a "free" gift when you purchased the box it came in.
First I am neither an electrician nor a Christian.
Second Salvation in YHWHs books is not a free gift that is a chriatians church lie, I actually agree with most of what you have said above.
Lincoln

United States

#8632 Apr 11, 2013
- President Obama - Today
An Army chaplain who saved the lives of fellow US soldiers before perishing in a North Korean prison camp has been awarded a posthumous US Medal of Honor.

On Thursday, President Obama presented the highest US military decoration to the nephew of Emil Kapaun, a Catholic priest who died in the Korean War.

Kapaun, an Army captain, was renowned for his bravery and caring.
The Kansas-born priest has also been named Servant of God by the Vatican, a step toward sainthood.

"This is the valour we honour today," President Barack Obama said at a White House ceremony attended by elderly former prisoners of war and several members of Kapaun's family, "an American soldier who didn't fire a gun, but who wielded the mightiest weapon of all, a love for his brothers so pure that he was willing to die so that they might live."

Kapaun's actions, Mr Obama said, "remind us of the good we can do each and every day, regardless of the most difficult of circumstances".
-

Scottsburg, IN

#8633 Apr 11, 2013
Second salvation? In the Old Testament books?

OY Vey!
<quoted text>First I am neither an electrician nor a Christian.
Second Salvation in YHWHs books is not a free gift that is a chriatians church lie, I actually agree with most of what you have said above.

Montreal

#8635 Apr 11, 2013
<quoted text>
For your information I am not ignorant, nor am I a brainwashed closed minded EVOTWOT, like you.
No one has posted any thing that even remotely proves evolution, some have been brave enough to try (credit to them) some have not (discredit to them). Which one are you.
Actually, you just described yourself perfectly.

Brainwashing: Make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

You believe the Earth is only 6'000 years old.
You have been brainwashed to believe this since it is a radical idea; pure facts and knowledge show us otherwise.

Close minded: Not ready to receive to new ideas.

I am perfectly ready to accept new ideas, I am not ready to believe them without evidence. Also, I highly doubt your 2'000 year old proven-wrong bible fairy tales are considered "new."

Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

You show this with every post. You ignore facts, you believe fallacies, you deny evidence, and you believe in something that has no evidence. You are the perfect example of "uneducated."
You also further proved this with your belief that "lose" is spelled "loose," while it is not. They are two different words.

So again, do you enjoy being so ignorant?

Montreal

#8636 Apr 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ignorance is a requirement and looked upon as a good thing in his circles.
<quoted text>
It shows in his posts that he prides himself on it.
You gotta be kidding

#8637 Apr 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows in his posts that he prides himself on it.
Evolutionary circles require ignorance and a brainwashed closed mind

Scottsburg, IN

#8638 Apr 11, 2013
It must be sad in this day and age to be as uneducated and ignorant. I pity him I really do.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>It shows in his posts that he prides himself on it.
You gotta be kidding

#8639 Apr 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you just described yourself perfectly.
Brainwashing: Make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.
You believe the Earth is only 6'000 years old.
You have been brainwashed to believe this since it is a radical idea; pure facts and knowledge show us otherwise.
Close minded: Not ready to receive to new ideas.
I am perfectly ready to accept new ideas, I am not ready to believe them without evidence. Also, I highly doubt your 2'000 year old proven-wrong bible fairy tales are considered "new."
Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
You show this with every post. You ignore facts, you believe fallacies, you deny evidence, and you believe in something that has no evidence. You are the perfect example of "uneducated."
You also further proved this with your belief that "lose" is spelled "loose," while it is not. They are two different words.
So again, do you enjoy being so ignorant?
Statement one: Give me control of the school text books and I will control the nation.
Statement two: we must teach the theory of evolution as fact to children as young as possible.
Add them together and we have the classic evolutionary teaching pattern. There two prove that teaching of evolution is brainwashing, it is now the norm to teach evolution as fact to children as soon as they can watch TV. The radically different has become the norm, which does not make it true it only makes mass deluded brainwashed people.
If you do not believe without evidence why do you believe in evolution, it has no evidence as has been proved here so often. There are more proofs for the BIBLE than for evolution. You are too closed minded to even consider the Biblical truth.

I do not ignore any facts I am yet to be presented with any fact that I need to consider. Do you have some for me to consider?
I do not ignore evidence facts I am yet to be presented with any fact that I need to consider. Do you have some for me to consider?
I do not believe fallacies; if I did I would believe the evolution lie.
If one need to believe the lie of evolution to be considered educated then I will stay uneducated, see as though I hold a very high level of education this seems to prove your hypothesis wrong.
Who has ever proved the BIBLE wrong, no one here has managed to do so. CAN YOU?
So now we come back to the point that I have been making and asking al along, Can and will you post the evidenced the once and for all proves evolution to be 100% factual. Go on post your evidence. As I am still waiting after all these weeks, after all these diversion and after all the assertions that I am uneducated and ignorant, something else that has never been proved, yet another evotwot lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? 27 min superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 30 min superwilly 462
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Subduction Zone 28,568
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Aura Mytha 67,023
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Dogen 3,501
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Apr 22 IB DaMann 5,975
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... Apr 20 Eagle 12 9
More from around the web