Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 413)

Showing posts 8,241 - 8,260 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
I am not confusing Darwin with Dawkins.
If Darwin made "predictions"....the n he was not speaking as a True Scientist.
If you fundies weren't famous for saying monumentally stupid things your statement could be in the top 100. As it is the list is too large they had to devote an entire website to it.(shrug)
MUQ wrote:
If you have read his book...you will find he made lots and lots of assumptions and predicted so many things, about which he did not have any knowledge.
He draw big conclusions based on very limited personal knowledge which he had.
And the part you're leaving out is that his predictions bore fruit.
MUQ wrote:
To be true to him, he never asserted that what he is predicting is absolute truth,.....he uses indefinite and undetermined phrases Like "I think", "I believe" "Most probably etc"
His book is filled with such phrases...
Indeed, the mark of a good scientist. He made tentative predictions which he was not sure of since he did not have all the evidence available to him at the time. He never proclaimed "absolute truth" because that is forever unknowable.
MUQ wrote:
But it was his sycophant supporters, who raised his status to a giant and showered so much praise on his book that it became "The Truth".
I doubt how many people have actually read his book from cover to cover.
And we know you have not read the slightest bit of info that demonstrates evolution is correct, just as he predicted. That's why you ignore anything theologically inconvenient in favour of fundamentalist religious apologetics.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Science and atheism are separate concepts. Science does not "prove" atheism. However atheists are certainly correct when they point out that Goddidit with magic has no scientific evidence.
All scientific evidence supports atheism and nothing so far refutes it.

Fact.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>All scientific evidence supports atheism and nothing so far refutes it.

Fact.
How?
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Most atheists are non confrontational and fit in well in American Society.
Ya Think?

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
~George Herbert Walker Bush

I'd say this explains why his son 'Mission accomplished' Dubya Is so mentally deficient

Ya think? ;)
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Think?
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
~George Herbert Walker Bush
I'd say this explains why his son 'Mission accomplished' Dubya Is so mentally deficient
Ya think? ;)
President Obama 50.5 % popular vote
Gov. Romney 47%:-) just as the video :-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.
Not correct. At best you could say atheism is a reasonable scientific hypothesis based on current evidence. You should just be happy enough with that (we know you're not because you're a fundie). But since no-one's been able to to observe past our current universal boundaries you cannot state state for certain that your position is 100% correct.

That's the thing about science. It does not make absolute statements. There is always the possibility that new evidence discovered later on down the road requires us to modify, or occasionally completely replace, current scientific knowledge. This is what distinguishes science from dogma.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been given more evidence than you deserve, but have ignored it.
That makes you a troll.
!!
All I ask for is to see the supposed evidence, none has ever been posted. All I get is this kind of answer, yet you nor anyone else has ever actually posted any.

NOW BE SO KNID AS TO POST SOME>
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
God... LOL!!!! How childish. Any proof for that god of yours? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Let me help..... The answer is NO!! It is jsut a myth like all the other god myths before it. Face it troll. You believe in a silly little fairytale because you are afraid of the unknown. Your mommy and daddy told you a little god story, just like the Santa story, but forgot to tell both of them are make-believe. You have no more proof for Santa than God. That's why we laugh at you.
Of course, if you want to present some real evidence, I would LOVE to see it.
Go ahead, start will the excuses. LOL!!
Typical diversion from evotwot once again. post you evidence if you actually have any. I seriously doubt if you do.

All I have been asking for is 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove that evolution is factual as you claim. WHERE IS it evotwot.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
All I ask for is to see the supposed evidence, none has ever been posted. All I get is this kind of answer, yet you nor anyone else has ever actually posted any.
NOW BE SO KNID AS TO POST SOME>
Here it is again:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

What's the "scientific theory" of creationism?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

<quoted text>
Typical diversion from evotwot once again. post you evidence if you actually have any. I seriously doubt if you do.
All I have been asking for is 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove that evolution is factual as you claim. WHERE IS it evotwot.
Here's some more:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

Take your time.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Again you will need to demonstrate a god exists first. If you are unable to you have lost.
<quoted text>
Again prove evolution is factual, YOU LOOSE EVOTWOT, by the way if you choose to use profane words don't expect me to repost them.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. Which is why ID (Goddidit with magic) is not taken seriously by the scientific community and evolution is. You can even take us to court and you STILL lose.
Must suck to be you.
That would now be:

Creation and Intelligent design: 162
Evolution (evotwots): NIL

And for your information, if you were able to see past your little brainwashed mind, you would see that ID is taken very seriously by a large number of scientists. Now to get back to the topic at hand, where is my 100% irrefutable, factual evidence that will once and for all prove evolution? STILL WAITING>

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

I have used no profane words colon and you have been given the proof you ask for yet whenever it is given to you we see you completely ignore it. It's obvious you do not click on any links not read any examples because you never make any comments on the material just keep asking for it.

Dude just gave you two links, until you can demonstrate you have read those and can comment on what they specifically say there is no reason or you to ask for proof or anyone else to post links that you obviously will ignore.

Sorry you are so poorly educated.
<quoted text>Again prove evolution is factual, YOU LOOSE EVOTWOT, by the way if you choose to use profane words don't expect me to repost them.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

What's the "scientific theory" of atheist drama?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That would now be:
Creation and Intelligent design: 162
Evolution (evotwots): NIL
And for your information, if you were able to see past your little brainwashed mind, you would see that ID is taken very seriously by a large number of scientists. Now to get back to the topic at hand, where is my 100% irrefutable, factual evidence that will once and for all prove evolution? STILL WAITING>
Uhuh. Here you are wearing black:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact.
Part 2: Post all this "scientific evidence" that supports atheism.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some more:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...
Take your time.
Once again creation is not a theory it is a fact, evolution is now and will always just be a theory or myth if you are totally honest with your self.

The above link does not prove evolution at all, both DNA and RNA are created matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not correct. At best you could say atheism is a reasonable scientific hypothesis based on current evidence.
Atheism is a fact, until theists prove that god is possible actually.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You should just be happy enough with that (we know you're not because you're a fundie).
I'm happy with reality being what it is - entirely godless.

If you disagree, the burden or proof is upon you to prove that a god is possible (which you've failed to do for 2 years).

But we already know that is point 1. which you are scared of answering for the last two years (because you know that you are categorically wrong on this point and its embarrassing for your ego to admit this).
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But since no-one's been able to to observe past our current universal boundaries you cannot state state for certain that your position is 100% correct.
Wrong. One does not have to know everything to know something.

I can know that 2 atoms + 2 atoms = 4 without a doubt, I don't need to know everything to know this. That's actually the f*cking reason why science is so important and critical.

If scientists threw their hands in the air and said, "Sh*t we need to survey the whole universe, before we test this DNA" nothing would ever get done.

Your lack of understanding of science shows a lot, its probably why you are agnostic - its takes a special kind of ignorance from you.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the thing about science. It does not make absolute statements.
Yes it does, it does that all the f*cking time.

Try the zeroth law of thermodynamics - energy cannot be created or destroyed, there's a fundamental absolute which is an absolute.

There are many many countless examples, including universal constants, direct mathematical absolute relationships - its all there if you bothered to study or be curious about the world.

But you don't you're willfully ignorant about all of this stuff - ironically the most fascinating stuff of all - the core of science - natural laws.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always the possibility that new evidence discovered later on down the road requires us to modify, or occasionally completely replace, current scientific knowledge. This is what distinguishes science from dogma.
Dogma is claiming that god is possible, when all scientific evidence points to the opposite.

It is the duty of theist and ignorant agnostics like yourself to prove god is possible, before entertaining such ridiculous and unscientific claims.
You gotta be kidding

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is again:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
The so called evidence for the evolution of human beings, I have addressed this before but because you are so brainwashed I will do so again. The vast majority of these so called "specimens' consist of no more than a few bone fragments and an artist with a good imagination. I love the one where you evotwots too a human scull and a chimp jaw bone and a grinder to make them fit, oh ad yes how about the one with a partial scull and a fragment of a leg bone (fund over 1 km away) and hay presto we have a new species.

What a joke.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Part 2: Post all this "scientific evidence" that supports atheism.
You're asking me to post everything in science basically.

F*ck off.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,241 - 8,260 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••