Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
8,021 - 8,040 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Cutting down your wife

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Sorry but you will have to show observable evidence for this so called god before you can assign attributes and deeds to him.
Judas Is The Devil wrote:
<quoted text>By which God is part of those natural processes and so are you. You in fact are supposed to be a living testament for everything God represents and you have let God down. In fact, you have let us all down with your sexually deranged homosexual fetishes. Go to bed!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
"I want to know God's thoughts. The rest is just details." - Albert Einstein.
Think I'll stick with the Einstein camp....better food, better pay, better jokes......more fun.
Written in January 1954 a little over a year before he died...

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text."

Albert Einstein

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/13...

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
Nobel Prize Laureate physicist Leon M. Lederman explains in his 1993 book why he gave the Higgs boson the nickname "The God Particle":
"This boson is so central to the state of physics today, so crucial to our final understanding of the structure of matter, yet so elusive, that I have given it a nickname: the God Particle. Why God Particle? Two reasons. One, the publisher wouldn't let us call it the Goddamn Particle, though that might be a more appropriate title, given its villainous nature and the expense it is causing. And two, there is a connection, of sorts, to another book, a much older one...."
Doesn't mean it's named after the maniac god that stalks the pages of the Bible.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But you see, life came from micro bacteria. Not from a puddle.
That's like saying a bird is born from a tree, instead of saying it properly; a bird is born from the egg it hatches in.
So where did the micro bacteria come form, in your analogy what laid the egg. Why don't you admit it you believe it rained on the rock, the rain formed a puddle and out sprang life.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ever.
Thinking has pointed out that you have never seen anything you will ever believe in. It's funny, you'll believe things that are unsupported by evidence and are extremely outdated (the bible), yet you won't believe something that has tons of evidence and is updated most frequently.
Yet I am still waiting for someone to post this wonderful 100% factual scientific evidence that supports the lie that you lot have been pushing on the world. YOUR EVOLUTION IS A LIE IT IS A MYTH IT HAS NO GROUNDING IN SCIENCE, WHEN IT DOES I WILL GLADLY LOOK AT THE FACTUAL EVIDENCE UNTILL THEN..........I AM WAITING
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is the same as adaptation extended over longer times.
<quoted text>
Right. Without life there is no evolution. But it doesn't matter how life got started. Species still change over time and *that* is evolution.
Things change over time yes, things are born and things die but change has never brought a new species nor has it ever added anything of use to any DNA. Change is adaptation an inbuilt design feature. Not evolution as believed to have formed new species.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

The Dude wrote:
The point about antibiotic resistance does not make a complete case for evolution but is evidence that it happens. Yes, I cut and pasted a small piece from Wiki. And that simple action alone was enough to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about, period. Note also that you did not even admit to your mistake. Typical of YECer's though.(shrug)
Any evidence is circumstantial at best, what mistake did I make. Point it out please.
The Dude wrote:
Your claim is baseless.
As baseless as any of those made for evolution
The Dude wrote:
Of the two of us I have not lied. You have so far not addressed the evidence.
I am yet to see any of all this 100% factual evidence you all claim to have. I do not want to have to see or read any more lies or speculation I want your FACTS.
The Dude wrote:
I have not agreed that evolution is a myth for the simple fact that it is not a myth. There are facts of evolution and there is the theory of evolution. Scientific theories are explanatory models. NO scientific theory is a fact on its own, nor do they get "proven" to become "laws" or "facts". This applies to EVERY scientific theory, be it evolution, plate tectonics, germ theory of disease or the theory of gravity.
I am still waiting to see these so called facts where are they. POST YOU FACTS.
The Dude wrote:
You don't even believe in gravity either. You said mass and gravity are unrelated, which is patently absurd.
I do not deny the facts of gravity only that it is a theory, this I have pointed out multiple times already.
The Dude wrote:
You're a reality-denying young-Earther who doesn't believe in any scientific field ever INCLUDING gravity who claims to know more than the entire scientific community therefore evolution is wrong because an invisible magic Jew did it all differently.
Now we come to the crux of your entire stance, 1) you are anti-Semitic, 2) you are anti-enlightenment 3) you are just plain brainwashed. If you were in any way involved in the scientific community you would know that there are in fact very few who actually claim the myth to be fact.
The Dude wrote:
So far there is only one of us who has evidence.
It ain't you.
So where is all this evidence you keep pointing to, I am yet to see any.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just funny that you cut down all theists and you don't realize that you are cu
Now that you've realised that talking about your belief that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs will invite ridicule, you are now focussed on what Givemeliberty has got which you don't

A wife.

SO what if his wife is a theist. I bet she doesn't believe that all atheists are Hitler like you do.

She married him for f*cks sake because he's a quality dude.

Nobody married you for the exact opposite reason.

Your jealousy is showing big time notre dame reject. cue bwahahaas

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I am still waiting for someone to post this wonderful 100% factual scientific evidence that supports the lie that you lot have been pushing on the world. YOUR EVOLUTION IS A LIE IT IS A MYTH IT HAS NO GROUNDING IN SCIENCE, WHEN IT DOES I WILL GLADLY LOOK AT THE FACTUAL EVIDENCE UNTILL THEN..........I AM WAITING
Take it to the evolution threads, Colon.

Or have you had your arse kicked so much that you're scared to go back in there?

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

<quoted text>
So where did the micro bacteria come form, in your analogy what laid the egg. Why don't you admit it you believe it rained on the rock, the rain formed a puddle and out sprang life.
And again, evolution has nothing to do with how life began.
It has to do with how life evolved.

Are you saying you don't believe in the factually proven cavemen and cavewomen?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

<quoted text>
Proof has been posted, evolution is observed.
The theory of evolution is to try and explain evolution just as the theory of gravity is to try and explain gravity.

If you don't believe, that's just one more ignoramus in the world, it doesn't harm the facts in the slightest.
Just because you ignore them, doesn't mean they aren't there.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it to the evolution threads, Colon.
Or have you had your arse kicked so much that you're scared to go back in there?
"Colon" ???????

I have never been on any evolution thread, nor has anyone here or anywhere else Kicked my proverbial, many have tired but none have even reached my ankles. Why do you want to try again, can you get you little foot high enough. I don't think so.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution is to try and explain evolution just as the theory of gravity is to try and explain gravity.
If you don't believe, that's just one more ignoramus in the world, it doesn't harm the facts in the slightest.
Theory of evolution makes big claims, but has very little actual proof.

The evolution path of even a single specie out of Millions that live on the earth has been charted.

They just find a small piece of bone here and a small piece of teeth there....there might not be any connection between them at all.

But by using their imaginations and help of creative artists, they construct the whole specie from that single bone or teeth and pass it off as a "scientific proof" of evolution.

The entire theory of evolution is filled with these types of half truths and cheating drawings and artwork.

Not a single full skeleton of any intermediate stage between humans and apes has been discovered so far.

But if you listen to the claims and what you see in Museums, it would appear that they have traced the entire path of human evolution.

It is strange that such cheating is being done in broad daylight and that too in the same of science.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Cave dwellers YES they still exist today.

So are you admitting that life did not evolve to begin with, if so where do you think it came form. Most of the followers, believers and worshippers of darwinism and evolutionism believe it sprung out of a puddle, so where so you think it came form.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is this observation who was there when the first live 'evolved' to observe it, who was walking around '25 million' years ago taking notes.

There you go again claiming gravity is only a theory, what a crock.

Once again I am still waiting for these facts to be posted. Where are they, they seem a bit illusive.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Why evolution has NOTHING to do with how life began? If a theory be true, it should be true for every part of it.

It is not correct to say that we do not care how life started, but when some specie was living on earth, our theory shall start from here?

If a theory is correct, it should explain and prove how the life did originate and then how it took so many different forms.

TOE is just a half philosophical and half scientific attempt to explain the abundance of life forms on this earth.

To call it a scientific theory is really insult of science.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Addressed to all those who claim evolution is a fact.

Why will no one post the 100% factual evidence that will once and for all prove the claim that evolution is a fact, as so many have claimed.

I am still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Come on LACEZ answer the questions:

So where did the micro bacteria come form, in your analogy what laid the egg.

Why don't you admit it you believe it rained on the rock, the rain formed a puddle and out sprang life.

Why do you divert so much I guess you just don't have to power of you convictions.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Theory of evolution makes big claims, but has very little actual proof.

The evolution path of even a single specie out of Millions that live on the earth has been charted.

They just find a small piece of bone here and a small piece of teeth there....there might not be any connection between them at all.

But by using their imaginations and help of creative artists, they construct the whole specie from that single bone or teeth and pass it off as a "scientific proof" of evolution.

The entire theory of evolution is filled with these types of half truths and cheating drawings and artwork.

Not a single full skeleton of any intermediate stage between humans and apes has been discovered so far.

But if you listen to the claims and what you see in Museums, it would appear that they have traced the entire path of human evolution.

It is strange that such cheating is being done in broad daylight and that too in the same of science.
Once again, the theory of evolution is an attempt to explain the observed fact of the existence of evolution such as the theory of gravity is an attempt to explain the observed fact of the existence of gravity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 3 hr Siro 76
If Christianity were true... 3 hr Thinking 121
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Thinking 225,513
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 3 hr Thinking 98
Richard Dawkins jumps yet another shark 4 hr Thinking 30
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 6 hr NightSerf 131
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 9 hr NightSerf 285
•••
•••