Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
7,901 - 7,920 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists in power in Eat Germany shot those trying to leave theatheist paradise. We remember the Wall
Communists were the "Real Atheists" that ruled the world and every one knows how cruel, barbaric and mass killers they were....of their own people usually.

Our Capitalist Atheists are only a bunch of loose thread types of fellows, who have no philosophy, no central thought and no idea of how an Atheist society should function.

They are united on a negative point, there is no god and there is no religion. Nothing positive in their places.

How can they create a civilization, with only Negaives? No one did that in the past.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure he'd find Topix posters no more enjoyable than a cockfight.
True.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

You defend child brides Muq, remember?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Communists were the "Real Atheists" that ruled the world and every one knows how cruel, barbaric and mass killers they were....of their own people usually.

Our Capitalist Atheists are only a bunch of loose thread types of fellows, who have no philosophy, no central thought and no idea of how an Atheist society should function.

They are united on a negative point, there is no god and there is no religion. Nothing positive in their places.

How can they create a civilization, with only Negaives? No one did that in the past.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists in power in Eat Germany shot those trying to leave theatheist paradise. We remember the Wall
Same old nonsense. Communists weren't motivated by a lack of religion and religious people have been equally evil. The simple fact is that religion is irrelevant to morality altogether. We now know that people are the product of nature and nurture.

Just look at the nonsense posted on these boards by religionists and 'people of faith',(as I believe Lincoln describes himself). If they had their way Creationism would be taught in schools as if it were science. Where would undermining secularism in that way leave the USA? The UK has its problems too due to religionism and religious superstition.

Religion is divisive and based on superstitions. There is no more evidence of god(s) than of pixies. People should only believe anything to the extent the belief is justified by reason and evidence.

One might be entitled to one's beliefs, but they can affect one's attitude and affect outcomes...
http://www.positiveatheism.org/writ/ghwbush.h...

Lack of religion didn't cause communism, or 'make it worse'. Communism or Stalin (unlike Nazism or Hitler) couldn't find a use for religion.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
.....They are united on a negative point, there is no god and there is no religion. Nothing positive in their places.
Humanism, philosophy, science, freedom, democracy, etc. You wouldn't understand. People aren't united by atheism. Ssecularists aren't divided by religious tribalism.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a civilisation for all of humanity. What harms it is religious tribalism - including Islamism and Zionism.

Religion = superstition
Theology = mythology
Blasphemy = satire
Christian name = first name

We are all just human and there's no evidence for Abrahamic god(s) or any of these....
http://www.godchecker.com/
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
....How can they create a civilization, with only Negaives? No one did that in the past.
Oh and don't forget the humour...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
(Sorry for Jonny Eve's bad language :-)

For Muq...
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Always look on the bright side of life!
:-)
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

P.S. Atheists even have their own hymnal now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Courtesy of Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers

Enjoy life - its the only one you've got!
http://www.americanhumanist.org/What_We_Do/Lo...
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/04/new...
"Strangely, only 77% of Christians believe in God including 86% of Catholics. 11% are uncertain what to think."

(Where there's life, there' hope :-)
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Every time you lie for jesus another kitten masturbates.
His-truth wrote:
Since 1996 .. it has been Science Against Evolution's objective to make the general public aware that the theory of evolution is not consistent with physical evidence and is no longer a respectable theory describing the origin and diversity of life ... When we talk about "evolution" .. we don't mean .. "any kind of change." .. Nor do we mean minor variations that result from natural selection ... We use the term "evolution" to mean ..“The doctrine that unguided natural forces caused chemicals to combine in such a way that life resulted .. and that all living things have descended from that common ancestral form of life.”........ http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_t... .. continue

Since: Dec 10

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
Since 1996 .. it has been Science Against Evolution's objective to make the general public aware that the theory of evolution is not consistent with physical evidence and is no longer a respectable theory describing the origin and diversity of life ... When we talk about "evolution" .. we don't mean .. "any kind of change." .. Nor do we mean minor variations that result from natural selection ... We use the term "evolution" to mean ..“The doctrine that unguided natural forces caused chemicals to combine in such a way that life resulted .. and that all living things have descended from that common ancestral form of life.”........ http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_t... .. continue
LOL!! You are linking to a creationist website? LOL!!!!! There are THOUSANDS of transitional fossils. Here is a link for your education.... http://www.teachthemscience.org/evidence

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>Where, I am still waiting. So many have come so many have fallen, yet no one has produced 100% factual evidence that this myth if anymore than just that, a MYTH>
Again, we showed you the evidence, you simply refuse to see it.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

<quoted text>What evidence are you talking about. I am yet to see anything that is remotely believable.
See above.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Even though I know it to be a lie here is the scientific document that says that life evolved in a puddle, after it rained.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...

Not really my choice for looking up fact but you asked for it here it is.
But you see, life came from micro bacteria. Not from a puddle.
That's like saying a bird is born from a tree, instead of saying it properly; a bird is born from the egg it hatches in.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>EVER? What..........
Yes, ever.
Thinking has pointed out that you have never seen anything you will ever believe in. It's funny, you'll believe things that are unsupported by evidence and are extremely outdated (the bible), yet you won't believe something that has tons of evidence and is updated most frequently.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

His-truth wrote:
Since 1996 .. it has been Science Against Evolution's objective to make the general public aware that the theory of evolution is not consistent with physical evidence and is no longer a respectable theory describing the origin and diversity of life ... When we talk about "evolution" .. we don't mean .. "any kind of change." .. Nor do we mean minor variations that result from natural selection ... We use the term "evolution" to mean ..“The doctrine that unguided natural forces caused chemicals to combine in such a way that life resulted .. and that all living things have descended from that common ancestral form of life.”....... http://www.icr.org/home/resources/resources_t... .. continue
Of course you'd give a link to a creation site. In your mind, it's better to believe goddidit rather than look at evidence and come up with a real explanation.

Evolution is a fact; everything evolves.
The Theory of Evolution is there only to attempt to explain evolution.
Just as the Theory of Gravity is there to attempt to explain gravity, another observed factual item that exists in nature.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That was actually interesting. If only some of the people here were as intelligent and as respectful as Dawkins.
I don't understand how he has so much patience.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Communists were the "Real Atheists" that ruled the world and every one knows how cruel, barbaric and mass killers they were....of their own people usually.

You people always try to say that things like communism were atheistic ideas.
In what way does a communist say "I don't believe in god, therefore I am a communist"?
It never happens.

Communism wasn't created because people don't believe in a god.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! You are linking to a creationist website? LOL!!!!! There are THOUSANDS of transitional fossils. Here is a link for your education.... http://www.teachthemscience.org/evidence
You can simply go to your local museum to see the copies they've made of fossils and other things. It's a shame that none of these people even look at the evidence though. They claim that they want evidence, yet whatever evidence you point them to, they say is not evidence and continue their ignorance.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how he has so much patience.
You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

<quoted text>
What is that now 14 and counting, and still no 100% factual evidence for evolution, I am not surprised. So you can cut and paste wow what a thrill you TB c&p still does not prove evolution.
The point about antibiotic resistance does not make a complete case for evolution but is evidence that it happens. Yes, I cut and pasted a small piece from Wiki. And that simple action alone was enough to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about, period. Note also that you did not even admit to your mistake. Typical of YECer's though.(shrug)
Once again let me tell you the fact that adaptation is not evolution it is an inbuilt design feature built in by GOD during creation.
Your claim is baseless.
How would waiting for you to produce the 100% factual evidence you claim, me lying once again you prove you lack of logic in argument.
Of the two of us I have not lied. You have so far not addressed the evidence.
Good “theories CONTAIN facts” so evolution is not a fact now we are getting to the bottom of your argument, first you claim evolution is a fact now you agree that it is a myth, well done.
I have not agreed that evolution is a myth for the simple fact that it is not a myth. There are facts of evolution and there is the theory of evolution. Scientific theories are explanatory models. NO scientific theory is a fact on its own, nor do they get "proven" to become "laws" or "facts". This applies to EVERY scientific theory, be it evolution, plate tectonics, germ theory of disease or the theory of gravity.
Again right I do not believe in the “theory” of gravity I believe in the fact of gravity.
You don't even believe in gravity either. You said mass and gravity are unrelated, which is patently absurd.

You're a reality-denying young-Earther who doesn't believe in any scientific field ever INCLUDING gravity who claims to know more than the entire scientific community therefore evolution is wrong because an invisible magic Jew did it all differently.

So far there is only one of us who has evidence.

It ain't you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 2 hr Patrick 357
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr CunningLinguist 224,019
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 6 hr Liam R 12
Of Interest InTheNews 6 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Patrick 181
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 hr Patrick 21,376
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 hr Thinking 831
•••
•••