Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#8152 Apr 4, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
[QUOTE who="The DudeThis is why so many creationists find Young Earth Creationism so attractive, because if the Earth is only say, about 6,000 years old, then they can claim that there would not be enough time for evolution. However that is not only denying the entire field of biology, but also physics and chemistry along with it. In short, ALL of science. And this is why the scientific community doesn't take creationist claims seriously. "

The truth of time span is that the evolutionists keep on stretching it out so that they can sound believable to the masses they are tying to brainwash, are you a brainwasher or one brainwashed.
The fact that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old has nothing to do with evolution.

Montreal

#8153 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Yet you claim life sprang form a puddle that means in your mind you evolved form a rock, why don't you admit to that.

I deal in real science almost everyday of my working life, I reject evolution simply because it is rubbish and has no grounding in science or logic. I have asked for 100% factual evidence, if provided I would not ignore it at all. However it is yet to be provided, all I ever get it answers like you have posted. No real proof no factual evidence nothing.

So why not use your extensive knowledge and post the factual evidence that prove evolution. I am still waiting for it.
You claim life just happened, and that everything has to have a beginning, but when asked where your god's beginning was, you always say there was no beginning.

Evolution does not make any claims as to where life came from.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#8154 Apr 4, 2013
Sorry but first you have to prove there is a god before you can assign attributes and properties to him.
<quoted text>Change with in species is all that happens it is called adaptation not evolution, as I have said so many time adaptation is an inbuilt design feature, designed by GOD, and inserted during creation.

And again the myth of evolution does need to have an origin, you need a starting point. With out it there is no evolution.
You gotta be kidding

Christchurch, New Zealand

#8155 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
So you are now expecting me to know what you have posted on another thread.

I have read it and I must say that I have seen it before, here is the crux of the matter, some one finds a piece of bone or two, then gets an artist to draw what it might have looked like, then we fit into our fossils to suit our purpose. The problem is that so many have already been proven false, like a partial human skull and a unrelated jaw bone ground down to fit.

Its all to lame.

Montreal

#8156 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, so then you ARE a reality denying YEC. Oh well.(shrug)

This means that you are unaware that the Earth was considered FAR older than what you fundies claimed it was BEFORE evolution was taken seriously by the scientific community. Therefore evolution is not only a big evil atheist Darwinist evolutionist science conspiracy, but a big evil atheist Darwinist evolutionist TIME-TRAVELLING science conspiracy.

And you guys wonder why you're not taken seriously.
The best part is that people like him say WE'RE brainwashed for believing facts while they aren't. Even though they believe everything a 2'000 year old collection of mistranslated texts tells them.
You gotta be kidding

#8157 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old has nothing to do with evolution.
Of course it has that is commonly know as "cosmic evolution" Ok now provide 100% factual evidence for you 4.54 billion years.

Montreal

#8158 Apr 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Because as I pointed out that's a fundamentalist caricature. Either way, the theory of evolution is not dependent on abio.

You gotta be kidding wrote, "I deal in real science almost everyday of my working life"

Yes you do. As do most people. That does not mean you are not ignorant of it.

You gotta be kidding wrote, "I reject evolution simply because it is rubbish and has no grounding in science or logic."

No you don't. You reject it because you were told by your parents to believe in an invisible magic Jewish wizard.

You gotta be kidding wrote, "I have asked for 100% factual evidence, if provided I would not ignore it at all. However it is yet to be provided, all I ever get it answers like you have posted. No real proof no factual evidence nothing."

You're lying. You're a creationist. That is why you continually ignore the linky I provided.

You gotta be kidding wrote, "So why not use your extensive knowledge and post the factual evidence that prove evolution. I am still waiting for it. "

No you're not. You cannot wait for something which happened in the past. I am now waiting for you to address it.
Hey Dude, you might like this:
http://youtu.be/YFjoEgYOgRo
You gotta be kidding

#8159 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim life just happened, and that everything has to have a beginning, but when asked where your god's beginning was, you always say there was no beginning.
Evolution does not make any claims as to where life came from.
I have never said there was no beginning, Evolution does make the claim that it rained and formed a puddle and out sprang something alive.
Thinking

UK

#8160 Apr 4, 2013
This is what I hear when he posts"

"I did a massive shit.

Why can't it turn water to wine?"
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. He enjoys to tease us ever so smugly with some amazing point that he understands but is unable to articulate. It's just a shame that whenever he DOES make any claims they always turn out to be wrong.(shrug)

Montreal

#8161 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Now it's nine and counting..........

But I must give credit where credit is due you finally admitted that evolution is a myth, is that why you have not produced the evidence you claim to have.
You can't even read, this is just more proof that you can't recognize facts and reality.

A myth being a myth is like a double negative, it means that it is not a myth. Same thing as talking about a lie that isn't a lie...it means it isn't a lie.

Go back to school.

Montreal

#8162 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Oh dear here we go, once again I am having to repeat myself. I want the evidence that so many have been claiming that proves evolution is fact, 100% factual scientific evidence for evolution as described by the myth of evolution. Now I presume that would not be too hard, seeing as though so many have told me that evolution is a fact. Provide the 100% factual evidence.
It has been done.
You simply refuse to believe it because you don't want to believe it.

Montreal

#8163 Apr 4, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>The species that existed 50 million years ago are different than the species that exist today. Most of the modern species simply didn't exist at that time. Hence, biological species change over time. That is evolution.
Remember now, he doesn't even believe the Earth is more than 6'000 years old. He won't take your evidence, he'll just ignore it more.

Montreal

#8164 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Of course it has that is commonly know as "cosmic evolution" Ok now provide 100% factual evidence for you 4.54 billion years.
If someone wants to believe with all their heart that the sky is and always has been green, then no matter the amount of evidence, that person will not accept the truth.
That is you.

Montreal

#8165 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>I have never said there was no beginning, Evolution does make the claim that it rained and formed a puddle and out sprang something alive.
Really, and where are the scientific documents to back up this claim of yours?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8167 Apr 4, 2013
Man's Last Day in God's Court .. Part 1 http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-77

Man's Last Day in God's Court .. Part 2 http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-78

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them .. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds .. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Man's Last Day in God's Court .. Part 3 http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/66-79

Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire .. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
20:15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life .. he was thrown into the lake of fire.
You gotta be kidding

#8168 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been done.
You simply refuse to believe it because you don't want to believe it.
Where, I am still waiting. So many have come so many have fallen, yet no one has produced 100% factual evidence that this myth if anymore than just that, a MYTH>
You gotta be kidding

#8169 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone wants to believe with all their heart that the sky is and always has been green, then no matter the amount of evidence, that person will not accept the truth.
That is you.
What evidence are you talking about. I am yet to see anything that is remotely believable.
You gotta be kidding

#8170 Apr 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, and where are the scientific documents to back up this claim of yours?
Even though I know it to be a lie here is the scientific document that says that life evolved in a puddle, after it rained.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...

Not really my choice for looking up fact but you asked for it here it is.
Thinking

UK

#8171 Apr 4, 2013
Ever?
<quoted text>
What evidence are you talking about. I am yet to see anything that is remotely believable.
You gotta be kidding

#8172 Apr 4, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Ever?
<quoted text>
EVER? What..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Ronnie 35,007
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 46 min Uncle Sam 14,937
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 50 min An NFL Fan 20,079
Religion is the cause of war and most suffering... 1 hr Thinking 153
There are no such things as gods or fairies 2 hr Amused 102
Majority of Scots now have no religion 2 hr Amused 163
News How 'new atheists' are just as dangerous as the... 2 hr Amused 138
More from around the web