Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 391)

Showing posts 7,801 - 7,820 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
only intelligence can beget intelligence .. apply it to whom you wish
I demonstrated otherwise.

What's the "code" you're referring to, HT?

What's the "scientific theory of IDC, HT?

Thanks again for never answering, HT.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
Wiki definition will do for now: "A code is a rule for converting a piece of information (for example, a letter, word, phrase, or gesture) into another form or representation (one sign into another sign), not necessarily of the same type
okay ... so how do you know when you're seeing c o d e

Give examples of code Dude
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
If he was being honest to himself then his myth (well his grandfathers myth) would just all be a mistake, Darwin was lying because he knew he was wrong, that is wilful deceit otherwise know as lying.
Yet you have been unable to demonstrate that:

1 - he was wrong.

2 - he was lying even if he was wrong.
He has been vindicated by science, what a joke no science has ever proved evolution to be fact. If it has why not post the proof right here, no one else has been able to.
Yes they have. In fact I just did. Plus I can also provide more, but you haven't been able to address the info I just presented to you yet. Life changes over time. Fact. These changes accumulate. Fact. Ergo, evolution occurs. Fact.

This is why so many creationists find Young Earth Creationism so attractive, because if the Earth is only say, about 6,000 years old, then they can claim that there would not be enough time for evolution. However that is not only denying the entire field of biology, but also physics and chemistry along with it. In short, ALL of science. And this is why the scientific community doesn't take creationist claims seriously.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
"Evolution demands a beginning it demands an origin for life" ... amen
atheists and evolutionists HATE the issue of ID and the origin of life ... therein lies their demise
Not at all. The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. It doesn't matter whether life started naturally or if it was space aliens or if Goddidit with magic.

All it needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. In order to demonstrate otherwise you need to demonstrate that life is in fact NOT here. Good luck.

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC?

Thanks again for never answering.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

<quoted text>
When did a rock or puddle ever produce anything living where life did not exist prior.
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dude .. you won't see evidence when you refuse to look

a man convinced against his will is unconvinced still

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>okay ... so how do you know when you're seeing c o d e

What the hell are you talking about?
What is this "code" you keep talking about?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dude ... forget you "evolution" crap for a while

we're talking ORIGIN ...(pounding on his head)

.......... ORIGIN

how do you know when you're seeing .. c o d e

Give some examples of code:

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... right on .. tiz a simple question
...... come-on Dude ... give it a shot
Actually the origin of life is NOT a simple question. If it was you fundies would have an answer. Turns out that Goddidit with magic is about the most ignorant answer one could possibly get. In the meantime there are numerous scientific organizations researching abiogenesis as we speak. What HAS been established is that life started somewhere around 3.5 billion to 4 billion years ago and that those first organisms were microbial/bacterial in nature. This lends support to the idea that life arose via natural chemical processes starting off with comparatively simple organisms.

Of course it is still possible that rather than a natural occurrence then it could have been aliens, God, or a currently unknown 4th option that no-one's thought up yet.

Either way, none of it has any bearing on the scientific validity of evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>
Epiphanies are a fascinating phenomena to study. These sometimes spectacular, powerful, inexplicable bursts of revelation have happened to many many people throughout history, more than enough to establish its occurrence as a syndrome. Typically, the recipient human brain is awake, cruising along in a beta brain wave pattern, taking care of its daily chores, minding its own business, and then.....whammy! The brain suddenly and involuntarily shifts gears on its owner and explodes into a gamma brain wave pattern for a few micro seconds. While the cause of this phenomena remains a mystery, the effects can be tracked and catalogued. The recipients often manifest their individual revelations "out in the world" as a new theology, philosophy, poem, painting, sculpture, song, scientific theory, mathematical theory, etc etc etc. or something as simple as a paradigm shift resulting in the inspiration and courage to change, live a different, more productive, more satisfying life. These little “miracles” happen every day to millions of people all over the world.
BTW, you clinging to the cynical speculation that Flew’s epiphany about God is attributable to some “lucrative book deal” despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary is.....amusing.
The problem is, if Flew did happen to come across such overwhelming evidence, he took it with him to his grave.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
It is extremely doubtful that atheism will replace religion. Like it or not in western civilization religion has inspired some of the greatest works of art, music and literature. Examples-Michelangelo's Pieta, Mozart's Requiem and Blake,s poems. All of these were inspired by religion and have stood the test of time.
You are probably quite correct.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Dude = "Actually the origin of life is NOT a simple question

.......... no .. not for you

Dude = "that those first organisms were microbial/bacterial in nature"

bacteria:......... does posess DNA .. Y/N
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
okay ... so how do you know when you're seeing c o d e
Alphabet. Morse.

We did this dance weeks ago and you still lost then. If you're unwilling to change your approach and actually start providing anything of substance there is no reason to think anything will turn out different this time.(shrug)

What's the "scientific theory" of IDC?

Thanks again for never answering.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
Dude .. you won't see evidence when you refuse to look
a man convinced against his will is unconvinced still
I cannot see evidence you refuse to provide.(shrug)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So ignoring the evidence and saying a magical fairy went POOF and everything existed is not delusion?
Pretending the Earth is only 6'000 years old is not delusion?
First I have never mentioned any "magical fairy" nor any "POOF" so you are grasping at the proverbial straw once again.

Second all I want to see is one bit of your evidence that proves evolution to be 100% factual.

I am still waiting for those who have chosen to ignore my question.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about?
What is this "code" you keep talking about?
Darned if I know. I kept asking him this on another thread for a number of weeks straight and he was never able to answer me then either.(shrug)

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
I will not see the evidence you provide (shrug)
......... later Dude
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis.
The evolution need a beginning it needs the myth of abiogenesis or all you have is well nothing. Actually that is all you have anyway.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

His-truth wrote:
Dude ... forget you "evolution" crap for a while
we're talking ORIGIN ...(pounding on his head)
.......... ORIGIN
how do you know when you're seeing .. c o d e
Give some examples of code:
The definition I provided should have been adequate. I have also now already provided at least three examples.

Note that all the time you avoid each and every single one of my posts like the plague, I address yours directly. This means that the premise of your own argument is left undemonstrated. Without this any point you think you have does not stand.

What is this "code" you refer to? What evidence supports this? What was the mechanism(s) responsible for it? What evidence supports this?

What is the "scientific theory" of IDC?

Thanks in advance for never answering.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Why do you ask?
His-truth wrote:
can a rock or a puddle of water produce code ??.. Y/N

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,801 - 7,820 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••