Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#7858 Apr 2, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is for fools who think everything alive crawled out of a puddle. Now that is an absurdity.
Not as absurd as thinking nothing created an all knowing, all powerful, infinitely complex God out of nothing for no reason at all.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7859 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>To a fool the facts seem a joke, you have just proved this proverb correct.
Again with the jokes!
You're a riot!

Truth, you? Bahahaha!
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7860 Apr 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as absurd as thinking nothing created an all knowing, all powerful, infinitely complex God out of nothing for no reason at all.
Nothing created that sounds very much like evolution. However GOD created that is the truth.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7861 Apr 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the jokes!
You're a riot!
Truth, you? Bahahaha!
You have proved my point 100%.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7862 Apr 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has to do with life forms. Are you saying the elements are alive, dumb butt?
Here we go again elements are not alive. Evolution concerns the origin of everything I am surprised that you as a worshiper in evolution do not know this. Perhaps you are just not informed enough.

#7863 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Nothing created that sounds very much like evolution. However GOD created that is the truth.
If complex intricate things NEED to have a creator, then who or what created your God??
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7864 Apr 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If complex intricate things NEED to have a creator, then who or what created your God??
I will tell you when I find out, but I can tell you that GOD did create everything you can see.

#7865 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I will tell you when I find out, but I can tell you that GOD did create everything you can see.
If something or someone created your God, then we should be worshiping that or them .... but wait! To have created an all knowing, all powerful, infinitely complex being ... then that would HAVE to be EVEN MORE all knowing, all powerful, and infinitely complex .... so IT would need to have a creator ... and then THAT would need to have a creator ... and then THAT would need to have a creator....

So, you see, your "Poof the magic sky daddy diddit" thesis creates far more problems than it solves.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7866 Apr 2, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
If something or someone created your God, then we should be worshiping that or them .... but wait! To have created an all knowing, all powerful, infinitely complex being ... then that would HAVE to be EVEN MORE all knowing, all powerful, and infinitely complex .... so IT would need to have a creator ... and then THAT would need to have a creator ... and then THAT would need to have a creator....
So, you see, your "Poof the magic sky daddy diddit" thesis creates far more problems than it solves.
I did not say that anything or anyone created GOD.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7867 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Once again you show your stupidity. There is 100% difference between O and O2 one has one molecule and the other has two. So we agree there is a difference between the elements. THANKS. But you really need to comment in context of the discussion, quotes out of context can say anything.
Once again I do not need to prove the obvious, now you disprove it, you may even try to use your evolution lie (which I have disproved several times).
By the way for the record, I am not a Christian.
Just so you know, O is 'atomic oxygen', that is, a single atom of oxygen.
O2 (or O3) is 'molecular oxygen', two (or 3) atoms of oxygen bound into what is known as a 'molecule'(an electrically neutral group of two or more atoms held together by covalent chemical bonds).

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7868 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You have proved my point 100%.
It's hilarious that you think you're right.
Against all the odds too!
You attempt to say your opinions are worth more than cold, hard facts.

It's absolutely hilarious.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7869 Apr 2, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know, O is 'atomic oxygen', that is, a single atom of oxygen.
O2 (or O3) is 'molecular oxygen', two (or 3) atoms of oxygen bound into what is known as a 'molecule'(an electrically neutral group of two or more atoms held together by covalent chemical bonds).
Yup I know and do you know something else, GOD created it all.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7870 Apr 2, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hilarious that you think you're right.
Against all the odds too!
You attempt to say your opinions are worth more than cold, hard facts.
It's absolutely hilarious.
I don't think I'm right I know I am.

Texas, USA

#7871 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup I know and do you know something else, GOD created it all.
Wrong.

Texas, USA

#7872 Apr 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't think I'm right I know I am.
You think you know you're right but you're not.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7873 Apr 2, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The ruling was put in place because a prison inmate wanted to start a regular discussion group for inmates that had no religion akin to the religious groups already present in the prison. The religious groups were granted special privileges to regularly meet as a group. The inmate was denied being able to form his group because his proposed group didn't fall under the category "religion" so he was denied. The judge saw no reason to deny the formation of the proposed group simply because it wasn't religion based... hence the ruling to include "atheism" in the same category in order to secure the same privileges to meet as a group allowed to the religions.
Thanks for the clarification Terry. I'm sure the fundies will just ignore it though.

“Liberty & Justice For All”

Since: Aug 11

United States of America

#7874 Apr 2, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
A necessary legal machination to protect OUR rights to non-belief. We do know more Bible than the average thumper and certainly understand it better. My years in Baptist "Bible study" were spent with devout Christians basically trying to peck a few grains of wheat out of all that chaff. They manage to 'get' so much out of so little, it's kind of pitiful in a way. Many Atheists put A LOT more thought into religious matters than most of the blindly faithful. I blanch at the thought of participating in any "religion" but I certainly understand the need and appreciate the protection afforded by this definition. Godbots can be quite dangerous.
Secular Humanism is a 'thing', complete with a rational manifesto, poised to "replace religion" when the time comes. Atheists would generally like to take some credit for hastening that day, but we lack a "manifesto", creed, belief system ... we are, quite simply ... a-theist, that is, without theism. We see things clearly, but have nothing to offer anywhere near as 'cool' as religion.
Au contraire, atheists are just as dogmatic in their belief system as any of the other religion. And they get quite nasty when one of their high priests becomes a heretic to atheism. Google Anthony Flew's punishment for converting to deism. Dawkins' hissy fit was hilarious.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7875 Apr 2, 2013
Sorry but atheism merely means not believing in gods. Not exactly a religion.

Dawkins merely stated and Anthony basically agreed that he was using a god of the gaps argument. Flew wrote his book which needless to say was written at a time when he was in mental decline to say the least. Here this previously well spoken man was now writing a book called.. There is a God ( note the capital G ) how the world's most notorious atheist changed his mind.

Most notorious atheist? What does that even mean? Is there the worlds most notorious stamp collector? Book club member? Double coupon user?

In other words stop humiliating yourself.
ezdzit wrote:
<quoted text>Au contraire, atheists are just as dogmatic in their belief system as any of the other religion. And they get quite nasty when one of their high priests becomes a heretic to atheism. Google Anthony Flew's punishment for converting to deism. Dawkins' hissy fit was hilarious.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#7876 Apr 2, 2013
R Hill wrote:
Hey MUQ ... why don't you answer the questions put to you on the misuse and abuse of your women and children? Can you not 'conjure' up something in way of response?

I am an Atheist and thus the lowest of form of 'infidel' yet, I feel somewhat tainted by our association. I realize that condemning these practices would be tantamount to your condemning Islam and you would place yourself in jeopardy.

Maybe we can slip something past your censors. Put two periods at the end of your next sentence to indicate that you consider these practices abhorrent. You can claim that they were a simple typo.
Ans.

There is no "abuse" of women and children in Islam. Every one is given their due rights and responsibilities.

There is not a "single practice" in Islam, which is against human nature and which goes against the human nature.

Why would I cook up an apology, when there is no case at all.

In fact it is your "self created" rules than created havoc in your society. The ill effects of which is for every one to see.

More than half of your children are born out of wedlock….more and more single families are coming up.

The future does not look bright? Does it?

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7877 Apr 2, 2013
There are notorious couponers...
Weird but true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 234,525
Christianity Created Hitler 3 hr Uncle Sam 123
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr The Dude 14,504
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 7 hr The_Box 1,230
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 13 hr woodtick57 2,838
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 19 hr Thinking 22
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun polymath257 41
More from around the web