Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#7672 Mar 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In the "foreseeable future" an atomic inferno will end mankind!
Or the sun turning into a Red Giant ... kinda the same thing.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#7673 Mar 28, 2013
Exactly and certainly he nor anyone would never defend someone stating that delusional assertion.

Why does god receive special treatment?
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>So then, you believe that there is a magical leprechaun with a live dachshund stuck in his nose because you can't prove there isn't one?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

#7674 Mar 28, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, in my opinion in the nuclear age survival is no more possible!
That's one of the reasons that we have a need to colonize space, so that we can contaminate it too!!

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Rockin' USA ;)

#7675 Mar 28, 2013
Well, it is the same old story.." If there is a GOD....WHY and HOW..can he let.. BAD things happen to GOOD people??.. With rampart crime occurring all around the World.
Folks are getting discouraged... THEY want answers.. and NONE seem to be answered... SO, they are becoming the GIMMIE Generation..Take, BUT never GIVE!!...With this thought pattern.. religion will have cease to put the FEAR of The WRATH OF GOD.to those WHO have given up hoping for a miracle.. to END the HATE...With this NEW WAY of THINKING.. GOD, yes..there Is a GOD..
Will simply look at the whole Picture.. AND for the nonbelievers.. HE will have a SPECIAL Judgement ..and those WHO still BELIEVE.. Well, they know.. their REWARD...Take your picked choice.. To Believe or NOT to Believe..

#7676 Mar 28, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
Well, it is the same old story.." If there is a GOD....WHY and HOW..can he let.. BAD things happen to GOOD people??.. With rampart crime occurring all around the World.
Folks are getting discouraged... THEY want answers.. and NONE seem to be answered... SO, they are becoming the GIMMIE Generation..Take, BUT never GIVE!!...With this thought pattern.. religion will have cease to put the FEAR of The WRATH OF GOD.to those WHO have given up hoping for a miracle.. to END the HATE...With this NEW WAY of THINKING.. GOD, yes..there Is a GOD..
Will simply look at the whole Picture.. AND for the nonbelievers.. HE will have a SPECIAL Judgement ..and those WHO still BELIEVE.. Well, they know.. their REWARD...Take your picked choice.. To Believe or NOT to Believe..
"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
Thomas Jefferson

Lexington, KY

#7677 Mar 28, 2013
Your god watched as Jephtha burned his young daughter on the alter as a tribute to him even though he had 2 months to stop it.

Need I say more?
Colorado Chick wrote:

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7678 Mar 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What I have always said.
And so you agree since that the religious can't even demonstrate their delusional god to be real we have no reason to allow them to invoke his so called rules to lord over others?
<quoted text>
I never said that they had the right to do anything like that. I think that ridiculing them, their IQ, or mental health because of something that is basically a difference in opinion is going a little overboard though.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7679 Mar 29, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, you believe that there is a magical leprechaun with a live dachshund stuck in his nose because you can't prove there isn't one?
Do you know how stupid that sounds?
Yes that does sound pretty stupid and does not pertain to what I said. I have no idea why you would say such idiocy.
Mutliverse, string theory, anad what is in the gooey center of a black hole are all akin to religion in their provability as of yet. Among numerous other things.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7680 Mar 29, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
It goes beyond that. The fact that there is no proof of any super natural happenings even with todays technologies. That could be a bit disappointing to some. The fact that we can discover the Higgs Boson, Voager 1 is about to enter interstellar space, print medicines, organs, and guns but still have yet to get a picture of a ghost could be a bit disappointing as well.
Alotting "Special Judgement" on non-believers while not providing them with a reason to believe is a pretty douchey thing to do.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#7681 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that they had the right to do anything like that. I think that ridiculing them, their IQ, or mental health because of something that is basically a difference in opinion is going a little overboard though.
Worthless opinions from a creationist posing as an agnostic.

You're a faker and everyone knows it.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7682 Mar 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Worthless opinions from a creationist posing as an agnostic.
You're a faker and everyone knows it.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anger-manage...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7683 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>All I am saying is that until we know for certain then anything is possible. I will not write off something completely just because it does not fit into the way I wish to see the world. All it takes is one discovery to change everything. There is so much that we do not yet understand. To claim otherwise is foolish. TO ridicule and bully those for not knowing or understanding certain things or for having differences of opinion.
I don't see anybody making fun of Kaku for talking about a "Math god".

Ya know?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7684 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Yes that does sound pretty stupid and does not pertain to what I said. I have no idea why you would say such idiocy.
Mutliverse, string theory, anad what is in the gooey center of a black hole are all akin to religion in their provability as of yet. Among numerous other things.
Okay, and who do you see here preaching that multiverses exist?
No one.

Once again you prove that your debating skills are little to none.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7685 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I never said that they had the right to do anything like that. I think that ridiculing them, their IQ, or mental health because of something that is basically a difference in opinion is going a little overboard though.
When someone tries to tell you the Earth is only 6'000 years old instead of 4.54 billion years old, that means their intelligence is lacking and that they are insane for not looking at facts.
It's the same thing as if someone were to tell you 2+2 is 50, or some equally absurd number.
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

#7686 Mar 29, 2013
Atheism was created by Jews.

Bolshevik Revolution = JEWS.

Marx,Lenin,Trotsky =Jews..

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#7687 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>All I am saying is that until we know for certain then anything is possible. I will not write off something completely just because it does not fit into the way I wish to see the world. All it takes is one discovery to change everything. There is so much that we do not yet understand. To claim otherwise is foolish. TO ridicule and bully those for not knowing or understanding certain things or for having differences of opinion.
What cracks me up are the posters who say things like, "I consider most sorts of supernatural entities possible - all but the logically impossible.(Christian) Most metaphysical speculations are possible - like the existence of ghosts, for example. Why can't one ghost - Jehovah - Jesus - can be excluded. I do not know enough about other gods to comment on them being possible." - IANS

Apparently only the Christian ghost's existence is impossible. I notice they have no problem accepting other pagan beliefs and heap scorn on people who call themselves witches, that "religion" being a "sequel" to Christianity. What a hoot it is watching an atheist approve of a devil worshipper or tree humper's beliefs. ;)

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#7688 Mar 29, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, and who do you see here preaching that multiverses exist?
No one.
KittenKoder has.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#7689 Mar 29, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don`t have to understand many things any more since we are on the atomic inferno. There is no come back any more for human beings. Anything is now too late!
There were native Bikini women who refused to evacuate the atolls near the U.S. nuke tests...

...that not only survived the radioactive fallout, but went on to live healthy lives and bear healthy, normal babies.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7690 Mar 29, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
So the whole God/No-God thing is basically just a difference of opinion? The huge body of (hard won) knowledge generated by science against the deafening silence of the gods boils down to a coin toss? Somebody needs to do a little more home work. You really have to do some serious trivializing of our scientific endeavor and amplify the hell out of the hallucinations of ancient goat-herds to place the two 'world views' on the same level. To do so DOES open you up for ridicule, gives good reason to question your IQ and places your mental health in serious doubt.

How long do you have to 'study science' for one's opinion of it's veracity to count? How much of the principals and products of science do you understand? For instance, can you set the Record Timer on your DVR? Does resetting a digital clock send you into paroxysms of terror? Can you explain how an internal combustion engine works? How about the aerodynamic principals that keep an aircraft aloft?

It's really not necessary to 'know' all these things to function in our society.(Un)fortunately, some of us are driven to understand them at the most minute level. Others dismiss the functioning of our technology as little more than magic. So we end up with people who seek understanding and those who cling to magic and I'm sorry, but there is a huge difference in the 'weight' one should assign their various opinions. They are NOT the same and they are NOT equal.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7691 Mar 29, 2013
... Jeepers ... principles!!!'Course I never got along that great with "principals" either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Morse 233,047
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr thetruth 202
Atheism: On the Rise? (Jan '13) 2 hr chris toal 39
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr thetruth 2,598
Evidence for God! 4 hr thetruth 368
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 4 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 4 hr thetruth 162
More from around the web