Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 370)

Showing posts 7,381 - 7,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes.. I do.
Teachers, priests and politicians are quicken the end of mankind in capitalism like it or not!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your atom example was actually backwards and proves my point. Ancient tribal people chanting around a fire didn't bring up the notion of atoms, molecules and such, make a religion based on that and use that as an excuse to attack and kill others.
It was scientific discovery that brought the advancements in our knowledge of microscopic life. The more we learn and advance the further we move away from campfire legends like angry spirits that make it snow when we don't chant properly and more towards microscopic discoveries and weather forecasts on our iPhone yes?
While we don't say god is 100% impossible, we do know from looking at the origins of god and the lack of evidence for their existence the odds of there actually being one is so low it's absurd yes?
Now people are free to live with their comforting god fantasies and delusions if it makes them feel better. They however have no right to lord over other's lives and impede progress by invoking some ancient campfire tribal god's so called wishes.
<quoted text>
No, we don`t have to understand many things any more since we are on the atomic inferno. There is no come back any more for human beings. Anything is now too late!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
What I have always said.
And so you agree since that the religious can't even demonstrate their delusional god to be real we have no reason to allow them to invoke his so called rules to lord over others?
<quoted text>
Well, the nuclear inferno is "lord over" anything else!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever we disagree, the nuclear age to ignore or not is a fact for the extinction of the human race. We are on this way like it or not!
We've made it this far. Maybe everything will be okay.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, feel-good supernatural assertions garner a large base from little more than anecdotal "evidence", filling what is seemingly an almost universal 'need'. Godbots continue to rule the roost and it is our unhappy fate to rock their little boat.
Maybe, Godbots may continue, the nuclear inferno too!

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Teachers, priests and politicians are quicken the end of mankind in capitalism like it or not!
Capitalism? Atomic infernos? You're old school Henry. I like that. Mankind is more likely to expire in mediocrity, suffocating in our own excrement, trapped forever on this mud-ball by our own greed and stupidity.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your atom example was actually backwards and proves my point. Ancient tribal people chanting around a fire didn't bring up the notion of atoms, molecules and such, make a religion based on that and use that as an excuse to attack and kill others.
It was scientific discovery that brought the advancements in our knowledge of microscopic life. The more we learn and advance the further we move away from campfire legends like angry spirits that make it snow when we don't chant properly and more towards microscopic discoveries and weather forecasts on our iPhone yes?
While we don't say god is 100% impossible, we do know from looking at the origins of god and the lack of evidence for their existence the odds of there actually being one is so low it's absurd yes?
Now people are free to live with their comforting god fantasies and delusions if it makes them feel better. They however have no right to lord over other's lives and impede progress by invoking some ancient campfire tribal god's so called wishes.
<quoted text>
The present atomic "campfire" is the end!
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Germany's given up on nuclear. Germany wants us to get to Mars using wind turbines.
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Capitalism? Atomic infernos? You're old school Henry. I like that. Mankind is more likely to expire in mediocrity, suffocating in our own excrement, trapped forever on this mud-ball by our own greed and stupidity.
Thinking

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

You should write a book. You could call it "Mein Campfire".
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The present atomic "campfire" is the end!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
What I have always said.
And so you agree since that the religious can't even demonstrate their delusional god to be real we have no reason to allow them to invoke his so called rules to lord over others?
<quoted text>
Well, the nuclear inferno is blanketing anything else

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Henry, seriously you need to chill a little on this atomic age line.

You are dead on with smashing the godbots but the atomic threat stuff is laid on a bit thick.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>The present atomic "campfire" is the end!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the one! Did you see my link in Post 7538? An interesting idea that our Primordial Soup may have been warmed in such a manner. Certainly more stable over longer periods of time than most other energy sources. I wonder if anybody has looked for Stromatolites around Gabon.
I did see that. I think it also relevant that the early sun was in a T-Tauri phase, so it also was producing a lot more energy.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Germany's given up on nuclear. Germany wants us to get to Mars using wind turbines.
<quoted text>
All of Germany's good engineers must have left the country after WW2.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did see that. I think it also relevant that the early sun was in a T-Tauri phase, so it also was producing a lot more energy.
A lot of UV but we were apparently made of sterner stuff back then.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...because no one ever in history has been killed for their non-adherence to a religious idea...
It may have escaped you but the cults of personality which took place in Germany, Russia, China and Korea; for all their condemnation of mainstream religion(when it suited them) were in fact religious cults dedicated to an idea or the `dear leader`.
The mindset is the same.
How many native Americans have been murdered in the last four hundred years by whites and further on for instance since the 19th century as Imperialists in US and all over the world? Many millions! The British, Spaniards, French, Netherlands? How many Blacks have been murdered in the southern United States?
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they're taking advantage of a strange little philosophical conundrum. That being that you can't 'prove' anything that doesn't exist, doesn't exist. Not with our imaginations being what they are. What kind of 'evidence' does something that doesn't exist leave? None ... ever. God is just one of any number of imaginary things we could come up with and never be able to 'prove' doesn't really exist.
On the brighter side, I think it is possible to 'prove' that Rational Skepticism is a better way to look at the world than religious faith. It's clear that we didn't pray our way to the top of the food chain. In their heart-of-hearts, even the most devout must KNOW that they are fooling themselves.
No, in my opinion in the nuclear age survival is no more possible!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Thinking wrote:
Fair enough.
When I visited Utah, I had to put my clock back thirty years.
<quoted text>
Now, we are on the nuclear end of mankind. Capitalism is forcing the end of the human era! Capitalism has not the least choice any more to survive!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>All I am saying is that until we know for certain then anything is possible. I will not write off something completely just because it does not fit into the way I wish to see the world. All it takes is one discovery to change everything. There is so much that we do not yet understand. To claim otherwise is foolish. TO ridicule and bully those for not knowing or understanding certain things or for having differences of opinion.
So then, you believe that there is a magical leprechaun with a live dachshund stuck in his nose because you can't prove there isn't one?

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we are on our way out of life! Religions are not even have any meaning any more!
That's a good thing .... unless you were really into lynching people who didn't believe the way you do.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
In the nuclear age we are too late as human beings to survive!
Evolution alone will wipe out humanity eventually. But we may be the first species to design our successors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,381 - 7,400 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••