Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7575 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was just that we can admit we don't know something, whereas religious folk tend to just say "god did it."
A better example: we don't know how many universes there are, we can make educated guesses, but that's about it.
Very true and I apologize for my early morning groggy head.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7576 Mar 27, 2013
God/s either exist or they don't right?
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it have to be one or the other? If it is, as of yet unprovable, then why choose an absolute?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#7579 Mar 27, 2013
There are differing opinions on the conduct of Israel.

None of those opinions legitimise islam.

None.
lucky Larry Silverstein wrote:
The world hates Israel,
Israel should be remove off the world map.
Gaza should be put in it's place.
Palestine should own Israel land.
Israel, Larry Silverstein kills Americans.
America should get with Islam and kill all Jews, Make Israel History.
FAIR is FAIR that is the way the world sees it.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7580 Mar 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
God/s either exist or they don't right?
<quoted text>
I dunno. That makes it sound like the odds are sort of 50/50, lending WAY too much credence to the possibility of a god.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7581 Mar 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!? What drives people insane is finding gods under every rock and monsters under every bed. Such people have filled the World with gods and demons, ghosts and goblins. Atheist's buck the trend and it's a cold, thankless and often dangerous undertaking. One thing's for certain "I don't know" ain't any kind of an answer. People that "don't know" best do less talking and more listening.
p
Really educated people are passed the religious error. The billion uneducated peoples are fallen to propaganda of the rich and mighty ones. In the nuclear age this is most dangerous for their life and the total mankind. Extinction is very likely!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7582 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually "I don't know" is not difficult to say.
I don't know many things, just as many others don't know many things.
Atheists are not afraid to admit they don't know something. It's the creationists and highly religious like yourself who never say you don't know, only telling stories of mythology in order to explain things.
How are we here?
Atheists: "We don't know, but we can't look into religion, for there's no evidence of a god."
Religious people: "We know everything, we know how we were created and everything just because we believe in a god."
You don't know anything when you claim you know because of god.
The difference between atheism and religi. on is that one (atheism) doesn't claim to know everything, while the other (religion) has different myths to try and explain every single thing.
"Goddidit" is not an explanation, it is not knowledge. I could equally just say luck did it, to every single topic.
We are amid the era of extinguishing mankind. Religion is one hindrance to avoid the extinction by abolition of this absolute unnecessary utensil. However, capitalism does not take effective means.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7583 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually "I don't know" is not difficult to say.
I don't know many things, just as many others don't know many things.
Atheists are not afraid to admit they don't know something. It's the creationists and highly religious like yourself who never say you don't know, only telling stories of mythology in order to explain things.
How are we here?
Atheists: "We don't know, but we can't look into religion, for there's no evidence of a god."
Religious people: "We know everything, we know how we were created and everything just because we believe in a god."
You don't know anything when you claim you know because of god.
The difference between atheism and religion is that one (atheism) doesn't claim to know everything, while the other (religion) has different myths to try and explain every single thing.
"Goddidit" is not an explanation, it is not knowledge. I could equally just say luck did it, to every single topic.
In the atomic era there are humans already on the way of their extinction. Even the billionairs have no more the power to avoid this. It is too late.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7584 Mar 27, 2013
Jim Shortz wrote:
cheap nicklel-rocket atheists are known for assisting the poor !!
typically they set up soup kitchens down at the atheists center
Of course capitalists are no more able to avoid the end of mankind. Wars will not change anything on this fatal course! Intellegent people will realise this deadly effect without be able to change anything else!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7585 Mar 27, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure that will just confuse them.
True.

Location hidden

#7586 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Bipolar then?
It doesn't bother me whether he is religious or not. It's his mind to do with as he pleases.

Location hidden

#7587 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, his first posts on this thread say otherwise.
Oh, and his jabs at atheism.
He's not against atheism.

Location hidden

#7588 Mar 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical egotistical bigot's remark.
He has an open mind.

http://www.essentiallifeskills.net/openmind.h...

You should try it sometime.

Location hidden

#7589 Mar 27, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course capitalists are no more able to avoid the end of mankind. Wars will not change anything on this fatal course! Intellegent people will realise this deadly effect without be able to change anything else!
When or if man becomes extinct religion will not be the cause.

Location hidden

#7590 Mar 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people take those tiny seeds of doubt and try to grow religions from them.
Their minds, their business.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#7591 Mar 27, 2013
So? AIDS victims often die of pneumonia.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When or if man becomes extinct religion will not be the cause.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7592 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that's what man-made items are; unnatural.
The fact that people have an imagination and are able to come up with new things doesn't prove your god exists.
In the thousands of gods not even one has been real.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7593 Mar 27, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno. That makes it sound like the odds are sort of 50/50, lending WAY too much credence to the possibility of a god.
Of course, there was never any god at all.
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7594 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>When or if man becomes extinct religion will not be the cause.
Anyway, religion was a hindrance by the extinction of mankind!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7595 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ticked likes to pretend he's not religious, but then turns around and says he's not atheist. Can't be agnostic because he's choosing to attack people for their beliefs and you can't do that when you're unsure of your own.
Well, not the slightest idea of a god. But in the nuclear age we are on the verge of extinction anyway!
Henry

Chemnitz, Germany

#7596 Mar 27, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is this bigotry?
You're using words you don't understand again.
The ego?
I think your beat us there.
Who's the one saying that everyone is stupid but doesn't believe not disbelieve in a deity?
Whatever you say, there was never any god in the whole history of man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Frindly 83,968
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 42 min Frindly 3,305
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 5 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web