Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#7442 Mar 20, 2013
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.-- Leviticus 26:29

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.-- Deuteronomy 28:53

And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.-- Jeremiah 19:9

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7443 Mar 20, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.-- Leviticus 26:29

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.-- Deuteronomy 28:53

And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend.-- Jeremiah 19:9
A lot of zombie-talk in the bible.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#7444 Mar 20, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Oh, say it ain't so. A Christain bible god who make people chow down on their friends and family? That could really change the concept of "Dinner on the Grounds", that Southern nosh-fest, usually held outside the church after the worship services concludes.

Typical fare now is BBQ, lots of greasy fried foods, casserole dishes and a thousand or so extremely high calorie deserts. Imagine Ragout of Ronald, and Butter Basted BBQ'ed Barbara, a Charles Dallman Casserole, Deep-fried David, and at least two different recipes for Green Beans with sliced Greta, added to the usual offerings.
Lincoln

United States

#7445 Mar 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, say it ain't so. A Christain bible god who make people chow down on their friends and family? That could really change the concept of "Dinner on the Grounds", that Southern nosh-fest, usually held outside the church after the worship services concludes.
Typical fare now is BBQ, lots of greasy fried foods, casserole dishes and a thousand or so extremely high calorie deserts. Imagine Ragout of Ronald, and Butter Basted BBQ'ed Barbara, a Charles Dallman Casserole, Deep-fried David, and at least two different recipes for Green Beans with sliced Greta, added to the usual offerings.
Local Unitarian Universalist Church,they are debating changing this to Hall or Organization, represents wicca, pagan and other flavors of faith and non faith.
Attendance is average.
Think they spell God with capital

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7446 Mar 20, 2013
Lot will have a double daughter fur burger with fries.
NightSerf wrote:

Since: May 11

UK

#7447 Mar 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Forward some of them to them!! And some to your "own Mabahath", CIA/ FBI / NSA and a copy to White House also!!
ok if you insist...
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#7448 Mar 20, 2013
NightSerf wrote:
Foreskins for desert? LQTM

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.

Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.

"I could not believe that anyone who had read this book would be so foolish as to proclaim that the Bible in every literal word was the divinely inspired, inerrant word of God. Have these people simply not read the text? Are they hopelessly uninformed? Is there a different Bible? Are they blinded by a combination of ego needs and naivete"?
~BISHOP JOHN SHELBY SPONG
Thinking

Mirfield, UK

#7449 Mar 20, 2013
Easy on the salt.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lot will have a double daughter fur burger with fries.
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#7450 Mar 20, 2013
Lmfao! Slam dunk icon sooooo needed!
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Easy on the salt.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7451 Mar 20, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's self contradictory. Because if your statement were true, it would be 100% right, and then there would be something 100% right, your statement, and that would make your statement false.
That is the exception that proves the rule.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7452 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
It is real to stay on realities, out of realities are myths nothing else!
Fiction has it's place.
"When not defining American comedy for generations, Mark Twain dabbled the occasional sci-fi story. One of which, "From the 'London Times' of 1904", actually described the internet as we know it today.

Twain's 'telectroscope' was a phone system that connected people the world over. "The improved 'limitless-distance' telephone was introduced, and the daily doings of the globe made visible to everybody, and audibly discussable too, by witnesses separated by any number of leagues."

The main character of Twain's story, a condemned murderer is even saved through the use of the telectroscope. Moments before he is to be executed, his friend catches a glimpse of his supposed victim during an event being live streamed from China.

Pretty impressive details considering the story was written in 1898."
http://www.technewsdaily.com/5048-scifi-predi...

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7453 Mar 21, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Fiction has it's place.
"When not defining American comedy for generations, Mark Twain dabbled the occasional sci-fi story. One of which, "From the 'London Times' of 1904", actually described the internet as we know it today.

Twain's 'telectroscope' was a phone system that connected people the world over. "The improved 'limitless-distance' telephone was introduced, and the daily doings of the globe made visible to everybody, and audibly discussable too, by witnesses separated by any number of leagues."

The main character of Twain's story, a condemned murderer is even saved through the use of the telectroscope. Moments before he is to be executed, his friend catches a glimpse of his supposed victim during an event being live streamed from China.

Your point? Do you have one?

Lexington, KY

#7454 Mar 21, 2013
Yes many old fiction writers wrote about gadgets and such that in later years we came to invent similar. Jules Vern comes to mind as a good example. These writers did what talented people do. They observed innovations and inventions or just tools used at their time and had those fuel their imagination for their works of fiction. Even then as we dig into famous old fiction writers when it comes to their story inventions we see many more misses than hits.

So of course this in no way gives credence to any god unless you are saying man made the gods.

In the end it's good entertainment that in those few cases where it hits and not the more likely misses, makes us smile and say neat! It's fiction and should be taken as just that, no special psychic or supernatural connection.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Fiction has it's place.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#7456 Mar 21, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, say it ain't so. A Christain bible god who make people chow down on their friends and family? That could really change the concept of "Dinner on the Grounds", that Southern nosh-fest, usually held outside the church after the worship services concludes.
Two words: Soylent Green
Lincoln

United States

#7457 Mar 21, 2013
A prayer vigil will be held tonight for a Weedsport baby who has been in the hospital for more than a week after experiencing complications from his rare skin condition.

The prayer vigil for Easton Friedel will be held at 7 p.m. at Lakes Church in Auburn.

According to posts written by his family on the Support baby Easton Friedel Facebook page, Easton was switched over to a new type of ventilator on Wednesday. In the most recent post on the page, the family says Easton is on sedation and several medications to treat infections.

"His doctor today said that on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the sickest, he's a 10," the family said. "He's not out of the woods by any stretch, and things seem to change hour to hour, making updates for the page difficult, as you can imagine."

Easton will likely be in the hospital for months, the post says.

"This a long-haul hospital stay though, for sure. We were told he WILL be in the hospital for months, not weeks," the family said. "He has many small steps to take to even get to the point of them allowing him to become conscious again, and even switching vents again. THEN, will be his tracheostomy, and that's a surgery, with a ton of training and education and all kinds of issues on its own. And this of course is assuming---BELIEVING, rather---that Easton is going to beat this."

Easton was born in August with a rare skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa. He spent the first three months of his life at a hospital in Cincinnati before returning home to Weedsport in November.

Prayer Circle on Topix

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7458 Mar 22, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point? Do you have one?
Does anyone?

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7459 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes many old fiction writers wrote about gadgets and such that in later years we came to invent similar. Jules Vern comes to mind as a good example. These writers did what talented people do. They observed innovations and inventions or just tools used at their time and had those fuel their imagination for their works of fiction. Even then as we dig into famous old fiction writers when it comes to their story inventions we see many more misses than hits.
So of course this in no way gives credence to any god unless you are saying man made the gods.
In the end it's good entertainment that in those few cases where it hits and not the more likely misses, makes us smile and say neat! It's fiction and should be taken as just that, no special psychic or supernatural connection.
<quoted text>
That depends on what you mean by "psychic".

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Lexington, KY

#7460 Mar 22, 2013
Ya I uh meant psychic.

And they certainly did not have that invention centuries ago, so you know.. Ya... Even so it doesn't qualify as a supernatural psychic ability as was clearly stated in my post, it doesn't give you any seer like powers or the ability to see the past or future, talk back and forth to the dead and I could go on. It's basically a hands free clapper. Interesting for sure, but not Psychic in any way shape or form that would relate to my post.

Thanks anyways, this will be cool in the future when we use it to activate the dishwasher and robot to clean the house up.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That depends on what you mean by "psychic".
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

#7461 Mar 22, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Ya I uh meant psychic.
And they certainly did not have that invention centuries ago, so you know.. Ya... Even so it doesn't qualify as a supernatural psychic ability as was clearly stated in my post, it doesn't give you any seer like powers or the ability to see the past or future, talk back and forth to the dead and I could go on. It's basically a hands free clapper. Interesting for sure, but not Psychic in any way shape or form that would relate to my post.
Thanks anyways, this will be cool in the future when we use it to activate the dishwasher and robot to clean the house up.
<quoted text>
I see it like this.. Somebody thought of controlling objects with their minds and eventually somebody invented a way to control objects with their minds. First the fiction then the fact. Who the heck mentioned "supernatural"? Then again.. electricity, space travel, etc.. man has a way of going beyond the natural.

Lexington, KY

#7463 Mar 22, 2013
In the post you responded to.....

They observed innovations and inventions or just tools used at their time and had those fuel their imagination for their works of fiction. Even then as we dig into famous old fiction writers when it comes to their story inventions we see many more misses than hits.

And as you have shown with this invention, when we as society move away from supernatural delusions and work to accomplish things secularly using observable data and technology, we can progress to amazing feats.

Just 50 years ago this invention would most likely have resulted in religious fanatics screaming devil machine and kill the antichrist inventors! Sad, but we know this to be true.
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I see it like this.. Somebody thought of controlling objects with their minds and eventually somebody invented a way to control objects with their minds. First the fiction then the fact. Who the heck mentioned "supernatural"? Then again.. electricity, space travel, etc.. man has a way of going beyond the natural.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 13 min Uncle Sam 32
Our world came from nothing? 18 min Uncle Sam 1,036
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 44 min Thinking 229,996
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 7 hr Chiclets 22,987
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 18 hr Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. 18 hr Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE