Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#7325 Mar 13, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
You lose again :-)
The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version ...
Matthew 25:31-46:

41"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life”.

Sorry, total Marxist, no strawman, just the words of your divine god breathed scripture.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#7326 Mar 13, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:31-46:
41"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life”.
Sorry, total Marxist, no strawman, just the words of your divine god breathed scripture.
Spot on!

How the conservatives must hate the communist Jesus.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7327 Mar 13, 2013
Well said! You have to understand the reject that answered you uses nothing but logical fallacies and has been called out so repeatedly for it. I guess in frustration he now just randomly says others are committing a logical fallacy. But the poor retard obviously doesn't understand what they are because your previous statement was in no way, shape or form a straw man fallacy.

I actually pity him and just ignore anything he posts now because even if you answer his question or factually dismantle him all he'll do is ignore your post and repeat his nonsense again and again.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 25:31-46:
41"Then he will say to those on his left,'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' 44"They also will answer,'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45"He will reply,'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life”.
Sorry, total Marxist, no strawman, just the words of your divine god breathed scripture.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#7328 Mar 13, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of the Loaves and fishes? Sharing, looking after the poor and needy are communal ideas. Taking one's wealth and using it to look after those in need is the opposite of amassing wealth as espoused by capitalistic ideology.
"He answered and said unto them, He that has two coats, let him impart to him that has none; and he that has food, let him do likewise." Luke 3:11
The TEAPARTY FOREVER

Napa, CA

#7329 Mar 13, 2013
This shooting at the TEAPARTY stuff has got to stop. All we want to do is stop all communist give aways and we will stop them ALL. No more free ride, lunch, bandaids, movie discounts, forever retirement buffet for anybody and if you dont prepare why we dont care. The fit survive, the rest dont thrive. Live with it and stop whining and trying to shout your liberal pap. God said "do unto others before they get around to doing unto you". Or undoing us, too.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#7330 Mar 13, 2013
The TEAPARTY FOREVER wrote:
This shooting at the TEAPARTY stuff has got to stop. All we want to do is stop all communist give aways and we will stop them ALL. No more free ride, lunch, bandaids, movie discounts, forever retirement buffet for anybody and if you dont prepare why we dont care. The fit survive, the rest dont thrive. Live with it and stop whining and trying to shout your liberal pap. God said "do unto others before they get around to doing unto you". Or undoing us, too.
Yep!! That is the "LOVE" of Christians that we find so adorable.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#7331 Mar 13, 2013
MC wrote:
01. Listen dingleberry, I do not believe in your god, I don`t believe in ANYONES god.

02. I cannot commit blasphemy because I am not showing disrespect to a god I believe in. Saying that Mickey Mouse is a complete idiot is on the same scale to me as saying that god doesn`t exist and his/her/its followers are fools.

03. The fact that you think blasphemy and apostasy should be punishable by death is the reason the middle east is a hotbed of lunatics. I know, I `ve fought there in Iraq and Afghanistan and there is NO SUCH THING AS A MODERATE MUSLIM. What you just said proves that AGAIN!

04. Islam was a leader in the scientific and thinking community, then someone came up with the doctrine of `waqf`[sp] which sent you all back to the stone age, and there you shall remain until all of the lunatics have killed each other in their quest for martyrdom and 77 virgins(who seem conveniently not to have 77 good muslim brothers looking out for their virtue).
Ans.

01. If you do not believe in ANY GOD, then you should go and consult a good mental doctor. You are in a very serious condition of hallucination.

02. Blasphemy is also applicable if you "insult and abuse" some one else's God also.!!

May be apostasy law does not apply to you, but first you should get your head examined and get a certificate that you are not insane, just abusing gods people believe in.

03. Is not treason and crime against nation punishable by death in your country? Why should they be punishable by death?

Because they put the security and safety of "Your God" (i.e. Your Country) in danger.

What status you give to your god, we give to our religion. So Blasphemy and Apostasy are punishable by death.

3A. How come you came alive from Iraq and Afghanistan? Might be you had a "light job" i.e. a toilet cleaner.

Your words do sound like you came from there.

04. What Waqf had to do with the slowing down of Muslims leading role in Science and Technology and Medicine?

Waqf is as old as from the time of our Prophet, peace be upon him.

Again I think you got something mixed.

I am sure a visit to Mental Doctor would do you good.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7332 Mar 13, 2013
The TEAPARTY FOREVER wrote:
This shooting at the TEAPARTY stuff has got to stop. All we want to do is stop all communist give aways and we will stop them ALL. No more free ride, lunch, bandaids, movie discounts, forever retirement buffet for anybody and if you dont prepare why we dont care. The fit survive, the rest dont thrive. Live with it and stop whining and trying to shout your liberal pap. God said "do unto others before they get around to doing unto you". Or undoing us, too.
Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles

I just see the nazi swatchka fling in the back ground.

You are a particularly low form of life.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#7333 Mar 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on!
How the conservatives must hate the communist Jesus.
That isn't communism. That is charity. The people were supposed to give of their own free will.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#7334 Mar 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't communism. That is charity. The people were supposed to give of their own free will.
...another christian who doesn`t know what their god`s position on social welfare is? LMAO

as much as you like to cling to the oft misquoted bible verse of "the lord helps those who help themselves" you are completely WRONG!

your god has been an egalitarian since the book of genesis.

Since: May 11

Brighton, UK

#7335 Mar 14, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. If you do not believe in ANY GOD, then you should go and consult a good mental doctor. You are in a very serious condition of hallucination.
02. Blasphemy is also applicable if you "insult and abuse" some one else's God also.!!
May be apostasy law does not apply to you, but first you should get your head examined and get a certificate that you are not insane, just abusing gods people believe in.
03. Is not treason and crime against nation punishable by death in your country? Why should they be punishable by death?
Because they put the security and safety of "Your God" (i.e. Your Country) in danger.
What status you give to your god, we give to our religion. So Blasphemy and Apostasy are punishable by death.
3A. How come you came alive from Iraq and Afghanistan? Might be you had a "light job" i.e. a toilet cleaner.
Your words do sound like you came from there.
04. What Waqf had to do with the slowing down of Muslims leading role in Science and Technology and Medicine?
Waqf is as old as from the time of our Prophet, peace be upon him.
Again I think you got something mixed.
I am sure a visit to Mental Doctor would do you good.
Hallucination is when you see things which aren`t there, that would be you. Not seeing things which aren`t there is called `reality`. Come and join us...in your own time of course.

Blasphemy is only applicable to the follower of a particular god, if you blaspheme against jesus christ of the christians by saying he was not god incarnate does that then give them the right to kill you even though your religion states that he was not the son of god? I don`t believe in your god or anyones god, anyone who tries to force belief is an idiot. One cannot be forced to believe something, one either believes...or one doesn`t.

Treason is an act against the state, not a religion. We have a multi-cultural, and multi-faith society here. My `god` is not my country, I don`t have a god and I feel quite comfortable criticising all the `gods` on offer in my country without fear of the imminent collapse of society.

I came home very alive twice from iraq and four times from afganistan, didn`t clean a single toilet, I was too busy doing... other things. I tend to leave that to the local help, they can clean my toilet and wash my clothes but I wouldn`t eat any food they had prepared for me.

Waqf only allows charitable purposes which do not encourage openmindedness or critical thinking in the natural sciences or philosophy, any bequest which is for charitable or for the purpose of education be it money, land or buildings must be covered by `sadaqua` and governed and administered under sharia. This is why Secular universities(and christian ones) thrive and islamic universities stand still.

I have studied the comparative laws of religions and have been lectured by mufti many times...at a leading secular law school.

The mullahs and the mufti`s will do your thinking for you. They will tell you what to believe about the world you live in...and how to believe it....AND DON`T YOU DARE FORGET IT!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#7336 Mar 14, 2013
This Mulla and Mufti you're talking about sound like a couple of spoiled rich girls!

It's always about pizzing off daddy isn't it?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7337 Mar 15, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>That isn't communism. That is charity. The people were supposed to give of their own free will.
I'm no expert, but is there an 'oxymoron' somewhere in "supposed to give of their own free will"?

You know, even the loving and ever generous Muslims have a period of token generosity (to the poor) built into their Ramadan 'celebration'. I take the Christian admonitions in the same light. After all, even Jesus said "the poor will be with you always" or some-such. Doesn't sound like he had any long-term plans to fix the problem.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7338 Mar 15, 2013
" http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/03/... ;

Here's a story that kind of fits in with my DNA/Evolution thing. The evolution taking place in 'small steps or big jump' question. The answer is ... both. When a useful mutation appears (small steps) it's stored away in the DNA library. When it's needed again and recalled (big jump) the affected animal can make the necessary changes without having to wait (relatively speaking).

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7339 Mar 15, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>I came home very alive twice from iraq and four times from afganistan ...
Thanks for your service! You've been 'blessed' with a lucky streak to make it out of those hell holes alive. I suggest you quit pressing it!!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#7340 Mar 15, 2013
MC wrote:
01. Hallucination is when you see things which aren`t there, that would be you. Not seeing things which aren`t there is called `reality`. Come and join us...in your own time of course.

02. Blasphemy is only applicable to the follower of a particular god, if you blaspheme against jesus christ of the christians by saying he was not god incarnate does that then give them the right to

03. Treason is an act against the state, not a religion. We have a multi-cultural, and multi-faith society here. My `god` is not my country,

04. I came home very alive twice from iraq and four times from afganistan, didn`t clean a single toilet, I was too busy doing... other things.

05. Waqf only allows charitable purposes which do not encourage openmindedness or critical thinking in the natural sciences or philosophy, any bequest which is for charitable or for the purpose of education be it money,
06. I have studied the comparative laws of religions and have been lectured by mufti many times...at a leading secular law school.

07. The mullahs and the mufti`s will do your thinking for you. They will tell you what to believe about the world you live in...and how to believe it....AND DON`T YOU DARE FORGET IT!
Ans.

01. There is another type of Hallucination when you "refuse" to see things which are in front of you. If you cannot "see" the Creator after seeing so many of His Creation, then you are indeed suffering from this type of Hallucination.

02. If you do not believe in any religion it does not give you "free ticket" to abuse, insult and profanity at their religious heads.

This also counts towards blasphemy.

03. Treason is against a state and treason is also against the Creator. Treason against the state is punishable in this world and Treason against the Creator is punishable in the Next World.

So don’t be overly confident about your stand.

04. Consider yourself luck that you came back alive after so many terms in Iraq and Afghanisatn. Many of your colleagues came back in Body bags and many more are living as invalids.

I do not know who protected you from harm? Darwin, Newton, Einstein or GWB the Great or Obama?

05. Islamic WAQF is more comprehensive than religious endowments of Christians. It has helped maintenance of hundreds of thousands of mosques and Islamic schools of learning for many centuries.

06. Good that you learn some thing about Islamic law.

07. Considering that your members of parliament and assemblies do "all the thinking for you in law making"

And your judges and lawyers do "all the thinking for you" in interpreting laws.

And your "Physicians" do "all the thinking for you in "matters relating to your body".

And your Engineers and your Military Commanders do "all the thinking for you"…
…
What is wrong if "Our religious scholars, who have devoted considerable portion of their lives in study of Islamic law" should do the likewise for matters considering the religion?

Why only the religion should be exception?

Why should I forget it?
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#7342 Mar 16, 2013
Because it's bollocks.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I forget it?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#7343 Mar 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. There is another type of Hallucination when you "refuse" to see things which are in front of you. If you cannot "see" the Creator after seeing so many of His Creation, then you are indeed suffering from this type of Hallucination.
02. If you do not believe in any religion it does not give you "free ticket" to abuse, insult and profanity at their religious heads.
This also counts towards blasphemy.
03. Treason is against a state and treason is also against the Creator. Treason against the state is punishable in this world and Treason against the Creator is punishable in the Next World.
So don’t be overly confident about your stand.
04. Consider yourself luck that you came back alive after so many terms in Iraq and Afghanisatn. Many of your colleagues came back in Body bags and many more are living as invalids.
I do not know who protected you from harm? Darwin, Newton, Einstein or GWB the Great or Obama?
05. Islamic WAQF is more comprehensive than religious endowments of Christians. It has helped maintenance of hundreds of thousands of mosques and Islamic schools of learning for many centuries.
06. Good that you learn some thing about Islamic law.
07. Considering that your members of parliament and assemblies do "all the thinking for you in law making"
And your judges and lawyers do "all the thinking for you" in interpreting laws.
And your "Physicians" do "all the thinking for you in "matters relating to your body".
And your Engineers and your Military Commanders do "all the thinking for you"…
…
What is wrong if "Our religious scholars, who have devoted considerable portion of their lives in study of Islamic law" should do the likewise for matters considering the religion?
Why only the religion should be exception?
Why should I forget it?
01. We peer at the same world, through identical senses, yet perceive two entirely different realities. Clearly, human senses and intellect alone are inadequate and untrustworthy. Science sheds a cold (but illuminating) light that reveals everything, hides nothing. There is no Creator, not even the tiniest hint. Everything can be explained without using magic. We are all victims of a religious system that was originally invented to help explain the frightening mysteries of a world we could not understand. Later, it became clear that religion is a powerful tool for controlling and manipulating the hearts and minds of Mankind. We have been suffering ever since. Our politicians (mine and yours) do not want you thinking free thoughts. Our religious leaders (here and there) do not want you doubting their dogma. They want RHill and MUQ to do what we are told.

02. Of course not. We should all behave as civilized Human Beings.

03. I will accept whatever punishments I may have coming to me in the "next world" and I will do so without complaint. All I ask is to please, do not start the punishment in 'this world'. Let us be FREE in 'this world'. Thank you.

04-07. There is no 'protection' for anybody over there. No one and NOTHING is protecting the Muslims from the Christians or the Christians from the Muslims or the Atheists from either. It's pure, blind, dumb luck. EXACTLY what one can expect from Creators who do not exist.

There is no where on the planet where the corrupting, destructive influence of religion is more apparent than in what we call "The Middle East". Every depravity that Humanity has struggled to vanquish is alive and well there and on parade.

Your 'comprehensive religious endowment"? You mean your BRAINWASHING?!?! Yeah, it's a lot better over there. LOL

Information MUQ ... it's more valuable than oil. With information you don't need anybody doing your thinking for you. Do you think the people who do your thinking for you want you to think that? I think not. What do "religious scholars" actually do MUQ? Do they accomplish anything? Build anything? Create anything? Do they occupy a 'high place' in your society?

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7344 Mar 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Because it's bollocks.
<quoted text>
I love that saying. It sure is. LOL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#7345 Mar 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao! Go to a museum I meant! Don't go to a Muslim they will behead you. But I guess Muslims are proof for evolution as they are subhuman.
Silly iPhone! That was awesome lmfao!
<quoted text>
Actually Muslims are proof that religion makes people do subhuman deeds....kind of like xtianity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 23 min One way or another 61,377
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Dogen 28,320
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 6 hr Dogen 2,687
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) Fri IB DaMann 5,970
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Mar 22 Eagle 12 452
Deconversion Mar 20 Eagle 12 138
News Quotes from Famous Freethinkers (Aug '12) Mar 18 Eagle 12 2,043
More from around the web