Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#7258 Mar 11, 2013
Tell you fellow Muslims that you don't make friends by blowing up innocent children.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have so many "nuts"....what is one more.
But seeing your post, I think it was for "your kind" of people that Dale Carnegie wrote his famous book "How to win friends and friendship".
You would make the "ideal" model for that book.
You have all the basic ingradients, foul mouth, arrogance, stupidity and no consideration for feeling of others!!

Lexington, KY

#7259 Mar 11, 2013
Of course because those people likely never existed. The Torah is nothing but a collection of oral campfire stories told by desert nomads. They were folk tales nothin more.

The Quran is foolish enough to say these things actually happened.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right....I might just add "the names which appear on Title page, have no connection with the "real authors" of the book.
For Example: First five books of OT were not written by Moses.
Samuel-1 and Samuel-2 were not written by Samuel.
Book of Psalms was not written by David..
And so on
These are anonymous books which "faith" has turned into scripture.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7260 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But seeing your post, I think it was for "your kind" of people that Dale Carnegie wrote his famous book "How to win friends and friendship".
You have all the basic ingradients, foul mouth, arrogance, stupidity and no consideration for feeling of others!!
I have feelings for the millions of Men,Women and Children who are brainwashed and brutalized by your despotic religion. I even feel sympathy for the christians that have to live amongst such wahhabist savages.
You talk about friends,We see the results of Shia and Sunni friendship in the form of sectarian violence and the images of mangled corpses strewn about the streets in places like Pakistan and Syria.
How much tolerance,friendship and respect do the Saudis show towards christianity in that bastion of islamic enlightenment?
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7261 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it would be difficult to make friends with someone who thinks I should be murdered for blasphemy. It could get a bit heated after a few pints of lager.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7262 Mar 11, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it would be difficult to make friends with someone who thinks I should be murdered for blasphemy. It could get a bit heated after a few pints of lager.
It is difficult to make friends with somebody who wants to kill you.
Lincoln

United States

#7263 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Of course because those people likely never existed. The Torah is nothing but a collection of oral campfire stories told by desert nomads. They were folk tales nothin more.
The Quran is foolish enough to say these things actually happened.
<quoted text>
Possibly valid. Rather beautiful when compared to the best of atheist writing

Lexington, KY

#7264 Mar 12, 2013
Exactly. We have enough killing over actual issues imagine how much better the world would be without killing for your imaginary friend?
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult to make friends with somebody who wants to kill you.
Lincoln

United States

#7265 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly. We have enough killing over actual issues imagine how much better the world would be without killing for your imaginary friend?
<quoted text>
Atheist Joseph Stalin killed over materialist ideas.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#7266 Mar 12, 2013
I like wahabi nuts- those Japanese know a thing or two about radishes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7267 Mar 12, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>They always make the claim that carbon dating is false. Actually it is the other way around. Carbon dating proves their beliefs to be false.
They believe that everything is true, all the stories, every last one...but if it has evidence to back it up, or it has been proven, then it is false.

They live the opposite of a logical life.

Montreal

#7268 Mar 12, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Eveyone loves Jello!
I know someone who doesn't, just because of the texture.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#7269 Mar 12, 2013
Totalitarian systems like Stalin's, or submission to a paedophile muslim moon god, or "jesus is the only way" are despicable.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>

Montreal

#7270 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly valid. Rather beautiful when compared to the best of atheist writing
So you claim to have read all atheists' works? Works, for example, like Virginia Woolf's?

A believe in a god does not suddenly make one better at something.

Montreal

#7271 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>Atheist Joseph Stalin killed over materialist ideas.
And Hitler killed over Christian ideas.
Your point?

United States

#7272 Mar 12, 2013
Typical fundie tactic, losing the debate horribly? Scream about Stalin being an atheist so therefor all atheists must be like Stalin.

Sad.
Thinking wrote:
Totalitarian systems like Stalin's, or submission to a paedophile muslim moon god, or "jesus is the only way" are despicable.
<quoted text>

Montreal

#7273 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Typical fundie tactic, losing the debate horribly? Scream about Stalin being an atheist so therefor all atheists must be like Stalin.

Sad.
But that's a losing tactic because immediately afterwards, someone is bound to mention Hitler, who was Christian.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#7274 Mar 12, 2013
You might as well blame facial hair for evil.
Givemeliberty wrote:
Typical fundie tactic, losing the debate horribly? Scream about Stalin being an atheist so therefor all atheists must be like Stalin.
Sad.
<quoted text>

Since: May 11

UK

#7275 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
...because no one ever in history has been killed for their non-adherence to a religious idea...

It may have escaped you but the cults of personality which took place in Germany, Russia, China and Korea; for all their condemnation of mainstream religion(when it suited them) were in fact religious cults dedicated to an idea or the `dear leader`.

The mindset is the same.
Lincoln

United States

#7276 Mar 12, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
...because no one ever in history has been killed for their non-adherence to a religious idea...
It may have escaped you but the cults of personality which took place in Germany, Russia, China and Korea; for all their condemnation of mainstream religion(when it suited them) were in fact religious cults dedicated to an idea or the `dear leader`.
The mindset is the same.
When atheist dictators were in power.
Atheist posters find a way to blame religion.
Nice Try!

Lexington, KY

#7277 Mar 12, 2013
And whereas no atheist totalitarian ever claimed he committed his acts of violence due to atheism, Hitler gushed how they had been charged by god to punish the Christ killer Jews.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's a losing tactic because immediately afterwards, someone is bound to mention Hitler, who was Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stump a theist with 2 questions 3 min Thinking 15
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 19 min Thinking 69
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 20 min Thinking 179
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 27 min NightSerf 22,001
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Eagle 12 227,365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 7 hr sriKim 120
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 14 hr Patrick 4,085
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••