Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14735 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#7243 Mar 11, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>It's in his magic atlas which he keeps next to his jewish bibull.
You mean the one written by himself...in his head.

Montreal

#7244 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Change your screen name and tone it down, nobody is buying tht you are really this stupid.
Ah, but then he IS really that stupid if he believes that we'll believe he's really that stupid.

Montreal

#7245 Mar 11, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Does that reasoning apply to groups whose bias you agree with?
Sorry, I go for news sites like The Gazette.
Unbiased and informative.
Sometimes I like what I read, sometimes I don't.

I also tend to go with statistics from the APA, FBI, and so on.

Montreal

#7246 Mar 11, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Plants don't need oxygen to live, they need Carbon Dioxide, ninny. Oxygen is a waste by product of plants.
Now he'll tell you you're wrong and he'll say his bible told him so.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7247 Mar 11, 2013
Lol! Good point.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but then he IS really that stupid if he believes that we'll believe he's really that stupid.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7248 Mar 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the one written by himself...in his head.
I thought it was the one written on invisible gold tables which can only be read with special glasses.

Montreal

#7249 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Good point.
<quoted text>
I make some here and there.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7250 Mar 11, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I personally go with sources that rely on observable demonstrable facts. Their only bias is to bullsht.
<quoted text>
Uhhhh huh....Have you decided what the new name for St.Paul, Minnesota is going to be?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#7253 Mar 11, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, Mr. Wahhabi, Keep your despotic religious bullshit in the mind control shit-hole country you are posting from. We have enough problems with christian creationist fruitcakes as it is,without us pandering to your toxic garbage.
When you have so many "nuts"....what is one more.

But seeing your post, I think it was for "your kind" of people that Dale Carnegie wrote his famous book "How to win friends and friendship".

You would make the "ideal" model for that book.

You have all the basic ingradients, foul mouth, arrogance, stupidity and no consideration for feeling of others!!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7254 Mar 11, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he doesn't, he's a creationist.
They always make the claim that carbon dating is false. Actually it is the other way around. Carbon dating proves their beliefs to be false.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7255 Mar 11, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhhhh huh....Have you decided what the new name for St.Paul, Minnesota is going to be?
How about Paulsville?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#7256 Mar 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is fact, mixed with legend, mixed with propaganda, mixed with superstition, mixed with poor philosophy, etc. It has some historically accurate facts. It also has a lot of historically inaccurate claims.
You got that right....I might just add "the names which appear on Title page, have no connection with the "real authors" of the book.

For Example: First five books of OT were not written by Moses.

Samuel-1 and Samuel-2 were not written by Samuel.

Book of Psalms was not written by David..

And so on

These are anonymous books which "faith" has turned into scripture.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#7257 Mar 11, 2013
Eveyone loves Jello!

Scottsburg, IN

#7258 Mar 11, 2013
Tell you fellow Muslims that you don't make friends by blowing up innocent children.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
But seeing your post, I think it was for "your kind" of people that Dale Carnegie wrote his famous book "How to win friends and friendship".
You have all the basic ingradients, foul mouth, arrogance, stupidity and no consideration for feeling of others!!

Scottsburg, IN

#7259 Mar 11, 2013
Of course because those people likely never existed. The Torah is nothing but a collection of oral campfire stories told by desert nomads. They were folk tales nothin more.

The Quran is foolish enough to say these things actually happened.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right....I might just add "the names which appear on Title page, have no connection with the "real authors" of the book.
For Example: First five books of OT were not written by Moses.
Samuel-1 and Samuel-2 were not written by Samuel.
Book of Psalms was not written by David..
And so on
These are anonymous books which "faith" has turned into scripture.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7260 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have feelings for the millions of Men,Women and Children who are brainwashed and brutalized by your despotic religion. I even feel sympathy for the christians that have to live amongst such wahhabist savages.
You talk about friends,We see the results of Shia and Sunni friendship in the form of sectarian violence and the images of mangled corpses strewn about the streets in places like Pakistan and Syria.
How much tolerance,friendship and respect do the Saudis show towards christianity in that bastion of islamic enlightenment?
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7261 Mar 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it would be difficult to make friends with someone who thinks I should be murdered for blasphemy. It could get a bit heated after a few pints of lager.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7262 Mar 11, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it would be difficult to make friends with someone who thinks I should be murdered for blasphemy. It could get a bit heated after a few pints of lager.
It is difficult to make friends with somebody who wants to kill you.
Lincoln

United States

#7263 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Of course because those people likely never existed. The Torah is nothing but a collection of oral campfire stories told by desert nomads. They were folk tales nothin more.
The Quran is foolish enough to say these things actually happened.
<quoted text>
Possibly valid. Rather beautiful when compared to the best of atheist writing

Scottsburg, IN

#7264 Mar 12, 2013
Exactly. We have enough killing over actual issues imagine how much better the world would be without killing for your imaginary friend?
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
It is difficult to make friends with somebody who wants to kill you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 3 hr Frindly 3,322
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr Frindly 84,013
News BILL-BORED: Get Ready For Atheists' Annual Use ... 16 hr Eagle 12 - 9
News Scientist Richard Dawkins weighs in on Malaysia... Thu Eagle 12 - 6
High School Atheism Thu blacklagoon 3 41
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Wed Eagle 12 - 4,965
Where have all the Atheists gone? (Apr '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 132
More from around the web