Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7155 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So show us a recent source claiming that Pluto is a planet?
I know what your response will be already, you'll say it's true and present no evidence or links. Then you'll continue to pretend that intelligent people actually debate it.
http://www.plutoisaplanet.com/

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7156 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
100% incorrect the oldest known tree is about 4000 years old fitting in the flood account well.
<quoted text>
Yes you can make prediction however seeing as though the predictions made to support evolution can never be seen, proved or reproduces they remain only speculation.
I do not need to make predictions with creationism/ID it is simply written in the BIBLE so that even the smallest child can understand. The Genesis account has no holes. no need for predictions, no speculations and guess work and no "maybe". Only fact.

Really? So where does the Bible explain how to eradicate Carbapenum-resistant enterobacteria?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7157 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You just sink lower and lower into stupidity...It is the theory of gravity.
According to all scientific evidence gravity is a fact. Now you may call it what you want but it will remain a fact as long as the earth exists.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7158 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it highly amusing how a book about pigeons,bees,dogs and weeds can make you ..... your panties,so terrified are the willfully ignorant that they will dismiss it out of hand without even reading it.
Once again I have removed you expectative.

Why then do you dismiss the BIBLE out of hand at least it is factual
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7159 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm STILL asking you what you want me to dance for...you've yet to answer me, so I can't give you what you want.
I do not, nor did I ask.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7160 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You must participate in daily brainwashes, for your question was already answered by many people here.
I just refuse to repeat it, for it will fall on deaf ears.
You (and so many others) refuse because you cannot answer them it is that easy and oh so very clear.

Why are you so scared to answer me?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7161 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Knock yourself dead, mister ignoramus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tjikko
Dated by carbon dating inaccurate not even close to real.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7162 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
What you mean like evolutionists.
There's a bias toward evolution because it's true,you have a bias toward biblical creationism because it's bullshit and you are credulous.

There has to be a bias toward science because old testament gibberish doesn't cut it in the science class.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7163 Mar 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You don`t think there was a 10 thousand BC? Why is that? LOL
300 years is not sufficient time for 8 people to propagate enough `other` people over the ENTIRE GLOBE to enable the functioning civilisations which existed at the time...to exist.
Ergo:- your global flood didn`t happen, and like the rest of your 16th century book of social control, it just doesn`t make any sense.
Indeed! That's another problem. Around 6,000 years ago, large thriving city populations developed in the Middle East river basins.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7164 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
Far to many "thinks" and "believes" in there to be fact.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#7165 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, carbon dating is very accurate. You don't have any idea what you are talking about.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7166 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes you can make prediction however seeing as though the predictions made to support evolution can never be seen, proved or reproduces they remain only speculation.
I do not need to make predictions with creationism/ID it is simply written in the BIBLE so that even the smallest child can understand. The Genesis account has no holes. no need for predictions, no speculations and guess work and no "maybe". Only fact.
Really? So where does the Bible explain how to eradicate Carbapenum-resistant enterobacteria?
No;..... does the "origin of species"
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7167 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a bias toward evolution because it's true,you have a bias toward biblical creationism because it's bullshit and you are credulous.
There has to be a bias toward science because old testament gibberish doesn't cut it in the science class.
Evolution is taught in schools for one reason only and that is to brainwash and control the masses, unlike you I did not fall for the brainwashing I have an open mind and am able to explore everything and dismiss the rubbish like evolution and atheism.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7168 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, carbon dating is very accurate. You don't have any idea what you are talking about.
I guess you need an education.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7169 Mar 10, 2013
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! That's another problem. Around 6,000 years ago, large thriving city populations developed in the Middle East river basins.
By the looks of your photo you could have actually been there but the question is with your failing memory do you still remember it.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7170 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You will dismiss anything you perceive as a threat to your religiously dogmatic beliefs.

Why don't you just admit it, No amount of evidence,however compelling,will ever convince you of something you don't want to accept.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7171 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Evolution is taught in schools for one reason only and that is to brainwash and control the masses, unlike you I did not fall for the brainwashing I have an open mind and am able to explore everything and dismiss the rubbish like evolution and atheism.
I call POE.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7172 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No;..... does the "origin of species"
That's irrelevant to my question. You wrote :
<Yes you can make prediction however seeing as though the predictions made to support evolution can never be seen, proved or reproduces they remain only speculation.
I'll ask again. Where in the Bible does it instruct us how to eradicate or even treat Carbapenum-resistant enterobacteria.

We can use the principles of evolution to develop treatments and cures for this. And if you think this disease is nothing you really need to read up on it. This disease makes MRSA look like a runny nose.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7173 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I have never declared all modern science wrong I do declare evolution wrong, no real science is based on evolution.
You have the memory of a goldfish. You posted:-
<quoted text>
ERROR 1:“using the differences in brightness to show the differences in distance” who is to say they present the same luminosity.
ERROR 2:” we can make sure that the stars are of intrinsically the same brightness by making sure they are at the same temperature” Temperature is defined by colour, colour is defined by the type of gas burning to make the colour, no comparison can accurately be made by colour unless the exact gas type and concentration is known.(Have you been there to tale a sample?)
ERROR 3:“determined by which elements are emitting light at what wavelengths” see above for explanation
ERROR 4:“because we saw a supernova (an exploding star) and watched its reflection from nearby gas clouds” that same light would have taken too many light years to reach earth to measure in our time so you are using speculation and extrapolation not factual measurement.
ERROR 5:“? It is all consistent with a distance and time of 160,000 years, and definitely NOT consistent with a time of less than 10,000 years” as I stated GOD put the stars in the heavens for us to use in various ways He would not have put them there without showing us their light or they would have been useless to us. So 6000 years is perfectly feasible.
ERROR 6:“Conclusion: The Bible is wrong” no the BIBLE is not wrong you are.
So many obvious errors in one such small post you really should do better than that.
"ERROR 1" Shows you know nothing about or reject black body radiators Classical Physics and Quantum Mechanics.

"ERROR 2" Shows you know nothing about or reject black body radiators Classical Physics, Atomic Physics, Astrophysics and Quantum Mechanics.

"ERROR 3" Shows you know nothing about or reject Classical Physics, Astrophysics, Nuclear Physics Atomic Physics, and Quantum Mechanics.

"ERROR 4" Shows you know nothing about or reject Classical Physics, Astrophysics and Instrumentation.

"ERROR 5" Shows you do not have clue what you are talking about so goddidit.

So in essence you are saying ALL modern science is BS.
<quoted text>
Oh it's you again still drinking too much of that bad scotch I see.
Gravity is not a theory it is a fact. Evolution is a theory it is a myth. Fact does not = myth Evolution does not = science.
Here again you display your utter ignorance of all things scientific:-

1. Yes Gravity is a fact, but the Theory of Gravity or how it works is still been worked on.

2. Evolution is a fact. The Theory of Evolution or how it works is still been worked on.

BTW To quote "hidding":-

"Evolution is the science all modern Biology hangs on."

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7174 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Since 2006 that question has been raised again and again, and still remains.
Citation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Eagle 12 227,766
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 5 min Dak-Original 22,380
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 10 min KIND 345
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 5 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 6 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 9 hr P_Smith 1
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE