Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Read more: News24 14,546

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Read more
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7114 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
In general.
Ok then here it is Biology is the study of living organisms both plant and animal. so what is the big deal.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7115 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
The c/p wasn't for you, as I explained in my reply to you. You've gone way past proving your ignorance of science. I simply don't want any more impressionable minds infected with your sickness.
You failed to answer my question; When was any evolution confirmed through observation and experiment?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7116 Mar 10, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxygen only became a significant atmospheric gas after the evolution of plant life. You lose!!
I guess you failed to read the pervious posts I was responding to, YOU LOSE FOOL>

By the way if plants need oxygen to live how did they evolve without it.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7117 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then here it is Biology is the study of living organisms both plant and animal. so what is the big deal.
How do you propose they do that without a working knowledge of evolution?
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7118 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
When was any evolution confirmed through observation and experiment?
OK so you can copy and paste from wiki no look up the origin of the tern ‘scientific theory” and when the term was coined. You may just be surprised.
There is mountains of data that confirm the validity of the theory of evolution,every day labs all around the world are looking for curers for deadly rapidly evolving pathogens. If organisms didn't evolve there would be no need to spend millions of dollars fighting diseases like TB. Pathogens acquire drug resistance through a proses of mutation and natural selection,they evolve,it's a fact.

Nunya

#7119 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
You failed to answer my question; When was any evolution confirmed through observation and experiment?
Read the Origin of Species.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7120 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess you failed to read the pervious posts I was responding to, YOU LOSE FOOL>
By the way if plants need oxygen to live how did they evolve without it.
When a plant goes through photosynthesis, the air that goes in through the leaves has carbon dyoxide and oxygen. Plants only need carbon dyoxide to make the food they need to live. The oxygen is not needed to make food for plants. That is why oxygen is considered a waste product in the process of photosynthesis.
The real use of photosynthesis is for the plant to make food for itself. The oxygen is a little like an extra item that the plant does not need. This is why oxygen is considered a by product of photosynthesis.

You learn something every day. Now try to memorize it and maybe you won't make yourself look so stupid ever again.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7121 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you propose they do that without a working knowledge of evolution?
Easy evolution says this are dead, Biology studies life. There is no need to guess where things came form unless you intend to make it all up.

Ok now you explain why evolution is needed to study Biology.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#7122 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
There is mountains of data that confirm the validity of the theory of evolution,every day labs all around the world are looking for curers for deadly rapidly evolving pathogens. If organisms didn't evolve there would be no need to spend millions of dollars fighting diseases like TB. Pathogens acquire drug resistance through a proses of mutation and natural selection,they evolve,it's a fact.
TOE is a myth just as Al Qaeda planned and did 9/11 all by themselves, with no assistance from any one in USA.

And they myth that WTC Towers and WTC-7 fell to the ground just by the impact of a single Jet Liners.

Investigators have proved "conclusively" that both these "Myths" are true....so what if they prove that their Blind Theory of Evolution is Truth and nothing but truth?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7123 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
That work of fiction does not cover any science, nor does it prove anything through scientific observation and experiment.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7124 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
When a plant goes through photosynthesis, the air that goes in through the leaves has carbon dyoxide and oxygen. Plants only need carbon dyoxide to make the food they need to live. The oxygen is not needed to make food for plants. That is why oxygen is considered a waste product in the process of photosynthesis.
The real use of photosynthesis is for the plant to make food for itself. The oxygen is a little like an extra item that the plant does not need. This is why oxygen is considered a by product of photosynthesis.
You learn something every day. Now try to memorize it and maybe you won't make yourself look so stupid ever again.
Oxygen is only partly a waste product it is still needed for the plant to survive.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7125 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
TB acquiring drug resistance is adaptation not evolution it is still TB is has not become a different species. If your version of evolution is mere adaptation then hay we agree, adaptation is a design feature of all of GODs creation.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7126 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
BLASPHEME!

The Origin of Species put such a big spanner in the works,that when the penny dropped the churches shit their pants,if this blasphemous book had any truth in it at all,they knew that it would blow the genesis story to bits,and if that is all total bollocks maybe the whole bible is bullshit.

Nunya

#7127 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Easy evolution says this are dead, Biology studies life. There is no need to guess where things came form unless you intend to make it all up.
Ok now you explain why evolution is needed to study Biology.
Because with a theory you can make predictions. What predictions about the diversity of life does creationism/ID make? Unless you can explain any other as to how life diversified/diversifies on this planet then evolution will remain the framework theory for biology science.

Nunya

#7128 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
That work of fiction does not cover any science, nor does it prove anything through scientific observation and experiment.
That means you've never read/comprehended it. What do you think Darwin was doing while he was in the Galapagos?

Nunya

#7129 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
BLASPHEME!
The Origin of Species put such a big spanner in the works,that when the penny dropped the churches shit their pants,if this blasphemous book had any truth in it at all,they knew that it would blow the genesis story to bits,and if that is all total bollocks maybe the whole bible is bullshit.
Indeed, my friend!
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7130 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
BLASPHEME!
The Origin of Species put such a big spanner in the works,that when the penny dropped the churches ...... their pants,if this blasphemous book had any truth in it at all,they knew that it would blow the genesis story to bits,and if that is all total ....... maybe the whole bible is ........
Very true but luckily for us all it contains no truth and no science, and only reinforces the truth of the Creation event as told in the BIBLE.

Thanks for pointing that out even if I did have to edit out the expletives.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7131 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
TB acquiring drug resistance is adaptation not evolution it is still TB is has not become a different species. If your version of evolution is mere adaptation then hay we agree, adaptation is a design feature of all of GODs creation.
Your bible has blinded you with bullshit.

Adaptation Is acquired through a proses of mutation and natural selection. Things evolve to adapt to a changing environment.
What bit don't you understand?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7132 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Because with a theory you can make predictions. What predictions about the diversity of life does creationism/ID make? Unless you can explain any other as to how life diversified/diversifies on this planet then evolution will remain the framework theory for biology science.
Yes you can make prediction however seeing as though the predictions made to support evolution can never be seen, proved or reproduces they remain only speculation.

I do not need to make predictions with creationism/ID it is simply written in the BIBLE so that even the smallest child can understand. The Genesis account has no holes. no need for predictions, no speculations and guess work and no "maybe". Only fact.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7133 Mar 10, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
That means you've never read/comprehended it. What do you think Darwin was doing while he was in the Galapagos?
I have read it and comprehended it and by the way disregarded it. looking at animals in their natural habitat and drawing birds beaks hardly fits the credible scientific evidence called for to make evolution anything but a myth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 2 hr thetruth 23
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 2 hr thetruth 1,979
News The Consequences of Atheism 2 hr thetruth 1,249
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 237,660
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 2 hr thetruth 6,726
News Confessions of a black atheist 2 hr thetruth 276
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,432
More from around the web