Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7081 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean like atheists and evolutionists.
Someone should have told you by now,you don't have to be an Atheist to accept the scientific theory of evolution,there are plenty of christians,muslims,jews...... that have no problem. It's only the brainwashed,ignorant,willfully ignorant and stupid people that can't or won't accept scientific evidence. What category do you fit into?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7082 Mar 10, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Metal Jacket
Officer and a Gentleman
Give that man a cee gar.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7083 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>Someone should have told you by now,you don't have to be an Atheist to accept the scientific theory of evolution,there are plenty of christians,muslims,jews...... that have no problem. It's only the brainwashed,ignorant,willfully ignorant and stupid people that can't or won't accept scientific evidence. What category do you fit into?
As long as you still claim it to be a theory and not fact no problem I will read any theory and have a laugh and discard the rubbish like evolution.(Life form a puddle what a joke).
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#7084 Mar 10, 2013
How do you believe in every single religion? How do you do that?
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
Do you think yourself a man supercool when you deny the religions ?
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#7085 Mar 10, 2013
Someone's got to pump the gas.
Carchar king wrote:
Atheism won't replace religion. There are umm about 900million atheists and let's see about 6.2billion people who have a religion.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7086 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
The BIBLE is a word used for the sacred books of the Christian churches and the Hebrew BIBLE is the used as a modern term for the Hebrew Tanach. No other religion has until very recently used the term BIBLE for their religious books.
Its still a mistrnaslation of "ta biblia", the books. Each Chrisitian faith tradition has different numbers of books in their Bible.
The term BIBLE has in recent years become used for any book of instruction, in an attempt to degrade its true meaning.
I not sure if that is the intended purpose.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7087 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you still claim it to be a theory and not fact no problem I will read any theory and have a laugh and discard the rubbish like evolution.(Life form a puddle what a joke).
Look up scientific theory,then get back to me when you are not so ignorant.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7088 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
beliefnet? Stop humiliating yourself already.
<quoted text>
0h Madone! So attack the source, not the messenger, and the message. Nice. How's that campaign to rename all American cities with religious names comming along?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7089 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Pluto is still in debate as is Eris, Titan (moon of Saturn) and Callisto (moon of Jupiter) perhaps you should ask your 14 year old sister to help you read that atlas.
Pluto is NOT I repeat NOT a planet.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/20...
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7090 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its still a mistrnaslation of "ta biblia", the books. Each Chrisitian faith tradition has different numbers of books in their Bible.
<quoted text>
I not sure if that is the intended purpose.
Not a mistranslation just a translation, There are over 6000 different christian denominations not all in fact very few have different number of books in their version of the BIBLE the one constant is the Hebrew BIBLE.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7091 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up scientific theory,then get back to me when you are not so ignorant.
Oh I know the term "scientific theory" it was coined to make the theory of evolution fit as proclaimed fact. Perhaps you need to see just how long back some scientist started using scientific theory to mean fact. You may be surprised.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7092 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you still claim it to be a theory and not fact no problem I will read any theory and have a laugh and discard the rubbish like evolution.(Life form a puddle what a joke).
When you've disproved the theory of evolution maybe you can work on disproving.

The Atomic Theory
The Theory of Matter and Energy: Conservation of Matter and Energy
The Cell Theory
The Germ Theory
The Theory of Plate Tectonics
The Big Bang Theory
The Theory of Quantum Mechanics
The Theory of Special Relativity
The Photon Theory of Light Energy and its speed of light
The Theory of Electromagnetism
The Theory of Radioactivity or Nuclear Theory
The Theory of Molecular Bonds

Theory of Gravity.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7093 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Pluto is NOT I repeat NOT a planet.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/20...
Since 2006 that question has been raised again and again, and still remains.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7094 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>+
Does that mean you cannot use medicine produced by creation science, like every natural substance know to man. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man, good idea next time you are sick you will die.
Next time you use your computer, phone, TV, car, house I ant you not to use any natural component, including all copper, iron, steel, carbon, oxygen, gold, silver and every other natural element created by GOD. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man.(NONE)
As there is no such thing as "creation science" I can use what ever I like.

You on the other hand have declared all modern science wrong therefore so as not to be a hypocrite. You must stop using you PC and all products dependent on PCs for their production and all modern medicines.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7095 Mar 10, 2013
Lmfao! Now you are mocking Christians who don't realize that Christians and Muslims both worship the god of Abraham!

Quick tell another one like we have no proof the earth is older than 10,000!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha!
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha now you have really proved your ignorance of both.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7096 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they should nail shut the doors of the Vatican when the top brainwashing pedophiles are all in one place,they can all bugger each other while they wait to starve to death.
Great idea.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7097 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation science? Isn't that the quintessential oxymoron?
Sorry I wont let it happen again.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#7098 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know the term "scientific theory" it was coined to make the theory of evolution fit as proclaimed fact. Perhaps you need to see just how long back some scientist started using scientific theory to mean fact. You may be surprised.
Theories explain observed facts.

Observed fact = apple falls from tree

Newton's theory of gravity = explains how the apple fell

Observed fact = species evolve over time

Darwin's theory of evolution = explains how diversification of species happened

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7099 Mar 10, 2013
What next answers in genesis?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
0h Madone! So attack the source, not the messenger, and the message. Nice. How's that campaign to rename all American cities with religious names comming along?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7100 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
As there is no such thing as "creation science" I can use what ever I like.
You on the other hand have declared all modern science wrong therefore so as not to be a hypocrite. You must stop using you PC and all products dependent on PCs for their production and all modern medicines.
I have never declared all modern science wrong I do declare evolution wrong, no real science is based on evolution.

Of course you will continue to use what GOD created for man kind to use you would die without oxygen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min It aint necessari... 16,013
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min THE LONE WORKER 40,525
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 36 min Thinking 4,665
Who Is Satan The Devil? Is He Real? (Jan '16) 48 min Thinking 12
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 52 min Thinking 255,968
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 54 min Thinking 233
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 55 min Thinking 24,074
More from around the web