Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14660 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7074 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the stupidity of some people,especially those of a biblical creationist bent. No amount of evidence will convince the willfully ignorant.
They need to be locked up and kept away from children.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7075 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the stupidity of some people,especially those of a biblical creationist bent. No amount of evidence will convince the willfully ignorant.
No I have a better idea:-

Then can only use technology and medicine produced by creation science.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7076 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I call POE again.
If there is a god and there is a hell then you destined for it because of your wilful arrogance of ignorance.
People here have tried to explain to various branches of science and have done a damn good job, but you refuse to learn. Your attitude is:-
"I don't understand therefore the science is wrong."
What you should be saying is:-
"I don't understand therefore I need to learn."
But you wont because if you were to actually learn something about Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology. You would be scared to lose your faith.
It is sad to think that some one can live in so much fear.
I do not refuse learning, I refute the lies of evolution and all its branches and off shoots. Just because you do not have the capacity to understand GOD and thereby saying He and the BIBLE are wrong does not make the lie (myth) of evolution right, it only makes you wrong. As I have been trying to help you and others to learn, you are the one who need to gain understanding, not me.
It is the ignorant who say there is no GOD, not the enlightened. I do not live in fear, let me ask you one simple question What have I lost if I am wrong, what have you lost if I am right?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7077 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
+

Does that mean you cannot use medicine produced by creation science, like every natural substance know to man. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man, good idea next time you are sick you will die.

Next time you use your computer, phone, TV, car, house I ant you not to use any natural component, including all copper, iron, steel, carbon, oxygen, gold, silver and every other natural element created by GOD. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man.(NONE)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7078 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean like atheists and evolutionists.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7079 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to be locked up and kept away from children.
Maybe they should nail shut the doors of the Vatican when the top brainwashing pedophiles are all in one place,they can all bugger each other while they wait to starve to death.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7080 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation science? Isn't that the quintessential oxymoron?
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7081 Mar 10, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean like atheists and evolutionists.
Someone should have told you by now,you don't have to be an Atheist to accept the scientific theory of evolution,there are plenty of christians,muslims,jews...... that have no problem. It's only the brainwashed,ignorant,willfully ignorant and stupid people that can't or won't accept scientific evidence. What category do you fit into?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7082 Mar 10, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Metal Jacket
Officer and a Gentleman
Give that man a cee gar.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7083 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>Someone should have told you by now,you don't have to be an Atheist to accept the scientific theory of evolution,there are plenty of christians,muslims,jews...... that have no problem. It's only the brainwashed,ignorant,willfully ignorant and stupid people that can't or won't accept scientific evidence. What category do you fit into?
As long as you still claim it to be a theory and not fact no problem I will read any theory and have a laugh and discard the rubbish like evolution.(Life form a puddle what a joke).
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#7084 Mar 10, 2013
How do you believe in every single religion? How do you do that?
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
Do you think yourself a man supercool when you deny the religions ?
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#7085 Mar 10, 2013
Someone's got to pump the gas.
Carchar king wrote:
Atheism won't replace religion. There are umm about 900million atheists and let's see about 6.2billion people who have a religion.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#7086 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
The BIBLE is a word used for the sacred books of the Christian churches and the Hebrew BIBLE is the used as a modern term for the Hebrew Tanach. No other religion has until very recently used the term BIBLE for their religious books.
Its still a mistrnaslation of "ta biblia", the books. Each Chrisitian faith tradition has different numbers of books in their Bible.
The term BIBLE has in recent years become used for any book of instruction, in an attempt to degrade its true meaning.
I not sure if that is the intended purpose.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7087 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
As long as you still claim it to be a theory and not fact no problem I will read any theory and have a laugh and discard the rubbish like evolution.(Life form a puddle what a joke).
Look up scientific theory,then get back to me when you are not so ignorant.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#7088 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
beliefnet? Stop humiliating yourself already.
<quoted text>
0h Madone! So attack the source, not the messenger, and the message. Nice. How's that campaign to rename all American cities with religious names comming along?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7089 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Pluto is still in debate as is Eris, Titan (moon of Saturn) and Callisto (moon of Jupiter) perhaps you should ask your 14 year old sister to help you read that atlas.
Pluto is NOT I repeat NOT a planet.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/20...
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7090 Mar 10, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Its still a mistrnaslation of "ta biblia", the books. Each Chrisitian faith tradition has different numbers of books in their Bible.
<quoted text>
I not sure if that is the intended purpose.
Not a mistranslation just a translation, There are over 6000 different christian denominations not all in fact very few have different number of books in their version of the BIBLE the one constant is the Hebrew BIBLE.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7091 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up scientific theory,then get back to me when you are not so ignorant.
Oh I know the term "scientific theory" it was coined to make the theory of evolution fit as proclaimed fact. Perhaps you need to see just how long back some scientist started using scientific theory to mean fact. You may be surprised.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7092 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
When you've disproved the theory of evolution maybe you can work on disproving.

The Atomic Theory
The Theory of Matter and Energy: Conservation of Matter and Energy
The Cell Theory
The Germ Theory
The Theory of Plate Tectonics
The Big Bang Theory
The Theory of Quantum Mechanics
The Theory of Special Relativity
The Photon Theory of Light Energy and its speed of light
The Theory of Electromagnetism
The Theory of Radioactivity or Nuclear Theory
The Theory of Molecular Bonds

Theory of Gravity.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7093 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Pluto is NOT I repeat NOT a planet.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/20...
Since 2006 that question has been raised again and again, and still remains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Brian_G 19,765
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 243,290
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 1 hr Namu Myoho Renge Kyo 9,317
Atheists have morals too! 2 hr Lelouch0 6
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 2 hr NoahLovesU 6,208
Should atheists have the burden of proof? 9 hr superwilly 26
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... 12 hr karl44 1
More from around the web