Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7061 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's sad that you think you are right but are utterly wrong.
I wasn't asking you because I didn't know, I was asking you in order to get you to prove yourself wrong.
You just did so, finally, after refusing to prove you have knowledge.
There are 8 planets, Pluto is not in debate; it is not a planet.
Moons are not planets and aren't in debate either as to whether they're planets or not. That's because they're moons, not planets.
You should also check your grammar and spelling, for we aren't talking about the "weather."
Pluto is still in debate as is Eris, Titan (moon of Saturn) and Callisto (moon of Jupiter) perhaps you should ask your 14 year old sister to help you read that atlas.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7062 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Go to a Muslim, open a real science book, fossil records to genetic testing proves it.
And you know it.
<quoted text>
Givemeliberty wrote:
Lmfao! Go to a museum I meant! Don't go to a Muslim they will behead you. But I guess Muslims are proof for evolution as they are subhuman.
Silly iPhone! That was awesome lmfao!
<quoted text>

I figured you meant a museum not a muslim. &#61514;, and what the problem with them all is that they are written and kelp by the brainwashed.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7063 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Get "evidance."
I have evidence but you wont accept it because of your closed brainwashed little mind.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7064 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Okay Poe your screen name gives it away you are just kidding. You really aren't this stupid.
<quoted text>
"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING" you don't really believe evolution is true do you what a hoot. Is my full name. Now I know that one of you will edit my post to make it look and sound different that is the normal tactic is the narrow minded evolutionist
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7065 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gobekli Tepe is the first known civilization dated at 9000 BCE.
Oh look, that's before the Earth existed, according to you.
Who dated it, was a dated document found to prove this date. NO NO and NO. So who dated it and how was it dated. The same people who dated living molluscs to over 100,000 years old.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7066 Mar 10, 2013
You and Muslims worship the same god.
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I figured you meant a museum not a muslim. &#61514;, and what the problem with them all is that they are written and kelp by the brainwashed.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7067 Mar 10, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saving this comment, thanks for the summary of how we know the Earth is 4.5 billion years old.
(Crazy religion-man probably won't understand it anyway, and claim "blasphemy")
OK lets play Prove It: Prove the age of the earth, to with in 1% error.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7068 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You and Muslims worship the same god.
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha now you have really proved your ignorance of both.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#7069 Mar 10, 2013
Lmfao yes you are mocking creationists who fall for this nonsense!

No way you are actually this stupid.
<quoted text>
"YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING" you don't really believe evolution is true do you what a hoot. Is my full name. Now I know that one of you will edit my post to make it look and sound different that is the normal tactic is the narrow minded evolutionist
Floribunda Robusta

Napa, CA

#7070 Mar 10, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know why we use atomic clocks?
Well I`ll tell you, it`s because the decay of radioactive elements into their daughter products is an extremely accurate way of measuring time.
It takes 4.468 billion years for Uranium 238 to decay and form the daughter product of Thorium 234. The fact that these daughter products exist in nature proves that there was a 10 thousand BCE...and beyond.
The flood did not happen, don`t be silly.
` TEAPARTY FIRST & FOREVER WE WILL LISTEN NOT TO LIES AND ARGUMENT!!!!!
You are so wrong. Our esteemed Sentor XcXcXc (senior on the Science & Techno cmte) has detailed that the planet is, according to an incontestible calculation of the scriptures and texts and other stuff that the earth (which is the ONLY planet) is 5,892 years old. This then proves that all OTHER calcualtions must bow down and accept the true gospel truth of our lord's dominion and the divine mystery and inexplicable everything. This then proves that ALL crud that is taught in schools is so hard to understand because it doesnt make sense because it isnt true and that is why we must ALL be armed, Old & Young, Firm and sagging, to keep the truth alight and all the other hogwash at bay.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7071 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the stupidity of some people,especially those of a biblical creationist bent. No amount of evidence will convince the willfully ignorant.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7072 Mar 10, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try to twist what you want it won't work

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7073 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok now explain how the spectrum was devised without knowing the gas makeup. You are using a spectrum that presumes that gas that is burning to emit the light is the same gas as omits that light on the spectrum, as different gas mixtures burn as different rates and temperatures without knowing the mixture or nature of the gas you cannot use the current spectrum. The spectrum overlaps in every flammable gaseous mixture so you presume a mixture or type and then use that to run your determinations. This is a very common error, presumption.
Secondly you use the spectrum to determine the gas and the gas to determine the spectrum, cannot work that way due to circular reasoning.
Thousand of light years away from earth are planets and suns that we do not know the composition of, again one ahs to speculate, there may be (I would say there are) chemical elements both solid and gas that we do not know of these may very well not behave in any way like what we would expect chemicals to behave. You do not know the composition of any distant stars you speculate, you use known earthly elements to determine it. No one actually knows until we have real, tangible, physical samples to evaluate.
I call POE again.

If there is a god and there is a hell then you destined for it because of your wilful arrogance of ignorance.

People here have tried to explain to various branches of science and have done a damn good job, but you refuse to learn. Your attitude is:-

"I don't understand therefore the science is wrong."

What you should be saying is:-

"I don't understand therefore I need to learn."

But you wont because if you were to actually learn something about Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology. You would be scared to lose your faith.

It is sad to think that some one can live in so much fear.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7074 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Never underestimate the stupidity of some people,especially those of a biblical creationist bent. No amount of evidence will convince the willfully ignorant.
They need to be locked up and kept away from children.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#7075 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have a better idea:-

Then can only use technology and medicine produced by creation science.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7076 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
I call POE again.
If there is a god and there is a hell then you destined for it because of your wilful arrogance of ignorance.
People here have tried to explain to various branches of science and have done a damn good job, but you refuse to learn. Your attitude is:-
"I don't understand therefore the science is wrong."
What you should be saying is:-
"I don't understand therefore I need to learn."
But you wont because if you were to actually learn something about Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology. You would be scared to lose your faith.
It is sad to think that some one can live in so much fear.
I do not refuse learning, I refute the lies of evolution and all its branches and off shoots. Just because you do not have the capacity to understand GOD and thereby saying He and the BIBLE are wrong does not make the lie (myth) of evolution right, it only makes you wrong. As I have been trying to help you and others to learn, you are the one who need to gain understanding, not me.
It is the ignorant who say there is no GOD, not the enlightened. I do not live in fear, let me ask you one simple question What have I lost if I am wrong, what have you lost if I am right?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7077 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
+

Does that mean you cannot use medicine produced by creation science, like every natural substance know to man. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man, good idea next time you are sick you will die.

Next time you use your computer, phone, TV, car, house I ant you not to use any natural component, including all copper, iron, steel, carbon, oxygen, gold, silver and every other natural element created by GOD. You are more than welcome to use all those created by man.(NONE)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#7078 Mar 10, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What you mean like atheists and evolutionists.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7079 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
They need to be locked up and kept away from children.
Maybe they should nail shut the doors of the Vatican when the top brainwashing pedophiles are all in one place,they can all bugger each other while they wait to starve to death.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#7080 Mar 10, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation science? Isn't that the quintessential oxymoron?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min IB DaMann 67,568
Where have all the Atheists gone? 1 hr Sceptical-Mal 14
News Unholy? Atheists should embrace the science of ... 4 hr wondering 10
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr Eagle 12 28,712
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 8 hr Eagle 12 3,559
is it ever right to hate Christians as a group? Apr 25 superwilly 21
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) Apr 25 superwilly 462
More from around the web