Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 337)

Showing posts 6,721 - 6,740 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Dahmer's greatest Hits Album
"My Hot-dog has a first Name,
his first Name in Frank" :-)
Creationists seems odd
but metaphysical certainty may be an illusion, eh?
Peace
LOL! I'm certain we can all agree on how uncertain everything is. It just seems that to have a good argument, both sides should be fairly certain of their position.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir,
I cannot tell you how much I wish I had come up with such an erudite analysis of the whole mess we call religion as the one I have just read.
If I read one of that calibre per week the time spent on topix has not been wasted.
Credit where credit is due. Thank you.
Wow! Thank YOU very much. You are too kind. I seem to be at my most erudite before breakfast on Sunday mornings. I wonder sometimes why that is.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I have an evidence about God . There is no logical evidence in their hands those who deny God. Just trumped-up experiments .
That is why they "deny" God, because there is no verifiable evidence to support the notion that God exists. The same is true of leprechauns.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , Quran . Its a observable evidence. It written with perfect grammar. I know you will say 'noooooo there are lots of contradiction in Quran and lots of grammar error'
And I will say 'learn arabic and read it again'
Really I dont want to discuss about this topic. I said my opinion , you said your opinion. Okey its over .
Even I'm a stupid , you'r an intelligent atheist.
:) Bye
Yeah right and all the Quran copies are identical .... <guffa!!>

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

The truth will set you free

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Atheism won't replace religion. There are umm about 900million atheists and let's see about 6.2billion people who have a religion.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, what is "evidance"?
Is that some kind of dance?
As a wise man once said "Stupid is as stupid does", or on your case "stupid is as stupid posts".

Carry on making yourself look stupid it is fun to watch you degrading yourself like this.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

General tip: if you get an argument about science from a creationist site, it's probably inaccurate in some way.
The same can be said about evolutionists.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you said that if your weren't 100% accurate about the age, that you were lying.
So right there, you lied, just like every other fundie.
An atlas can't tell you how many planets there are in other galaxies or universes. That's because no one knows how many there are over there.
How many planets are in our solar system? Just answer the question, it's simple enough.
If you refuse to answer, again, you probably don't know. Even as simple a question as this.
So you don't know how to read an atlas, it makes sense stupid.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Why don't you take your proofs that evolution is wrong to the world's scientists.
In the meantime I'll await the imminent mass publicity and your subsequent Nobel Prize award for disproving Darwin.
Darwin disproved himself when he wrote "To suppose that the eye, with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest possible degree."

Science in general admits that evolution is wrong they just wont tell fools like you, so they can continue to receive your tax dollars to fund their work.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Do share your observable evidence.
<quoted text>
Do share your observable evidence for evolution we are still waiting.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out nay paper in geology. They tend to use several different dating methods when possible.
<quoted text>
Wrong. The types of deposits that form in floods is quite different than those that form alongside of rivers, which is very different than what forms in deserts. These differences are easily seen by a trained eye and are not ambiguous.
<quoted text>
Really? Care to point out exactly where this evidence is? No archaeologist has ever found it.
<quoted text>
But it *is* something that would have been noticed by the other civilizations in the area. It wasn't. Furthermore, the gaps in the Egyptian history are nowhere close to the dates for exodus based on the Bible. Again, you fail (as does the Biblical account).
They “TRY” to use but never get the same results as you claim they always do. I know they “TRY” I also know they never succeed.

I think you need to read up about “Bob Cornuke, Mountain of Fire”, there is proof enough to make the Saudi royal family hide it.

The admitted gaps in Egyptology are written to be obviously contrary to the BIBLE like you they do not want to admit there is a GOD and that the BIBLE is correct. I must say that the BIBLE is correct as is the Exodus account (not story) as written in scripture.

SO I do not fail it is the anti-GOD, anti-Bible lobby like you that once again fails.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, the Bible you hold so dear was assembled and the particular books to be included were decided by those very Catholics you seem to dsilike.
<quoted text>
There is no God to know. Belief in the Bible requires you to Buy the Bull that is inside. Anyone with a thinking mind immediately knows the Bible is not based on facts.
No the Bible I trust in was established well before the RCC corrupted the Word of GOD to meet their own perverted needs.

Faith in GOD and his Word does not need me to go out and buy a bull.

GOD demands of us to be open minded it is the society that people like you made up that required a closed mind to blindly follow the errant writing of mere men who change their mind every time they want more funding.

Answer me this one question that should be so easy for an intellectual like you. Recently it was announced that the first mammal had been identified, OK so now tell me what was it's granddaddy?

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
They “TRY” to use but never get the same results as you claim they always do. I know they “TRY” I also know they never succeed.
I think you need to read up about “Bob Cornuke, Mountain of Fire”, there is proof enough to make the Saudi royal family hide it.
The admitted gaps in Egyptology are written to be obviously contrary to the BIBLE like you they do not want to admit there is a GOD and that the BIBLE is correct. I must say that the BIBLE is correct as is the Exodus account (not story) as written in scripture.
SO I do not fail it is the anti-GOD, anti-Bible lobby like you that once again fails.
So you think there are gaps in the Egyptian timeline?

Let me ask you a question. The Egyptian Middle Kingdom is when the power of the Pharaohs was at its height. How can this be when everyone except 8 folks were killed in a global flood.

Where did all these Egyptians come from and wouldn`t Egyptians by default be one of the tribes of Israel by direct decent?

Your bible makes zero sense on the most basic level.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you have that completely backwards. Scientists, like those in evolutionary biology, are attempting to figure out that *truth* in spite of religious objections. it is those who adamantly adhere to the idea that their scriptures are infallible that stand in the way of progress and the discovery of the truth. The myths based on the Bible are no better than those based on the Quran.
Scientists in Evolutionary Biology may very well be trying to find the truth through the lie of evolution, they will never find it until they join the scientist in Biology who know evolution is a lie and have long since disregarded the myths and lies taught form grade school to indoctrinate and brainwash the general public into believing the lie.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Going to some kind of 'Paradise' after you die is as appealing to scientists as it is disillusioned Popes. Who really knows? Maybe there is some kind of ...
Oops. Almost spiraled off into godbot fantasy land. But really ... even the smartest, most educated, most scientist sounding people on here dance around and won't just come out and say there's ZERO chance for a God of some kind. They'll launch into a probability and statistics lesson to an audience, most of whom, make their decisions with a coin toss. From the seeds of these miniscule philosophical improbabilities ENORMOUS AND TERRIFYING RELIGIONS BLOSSOM!!!
Science has explored the electromagnetic spectrum from DC to light, dug and bounced sound waves off layers deep underground, counted photons from the edge of the Universe and THERE AIN'T NO HEAVEN AND THERE AIN'T NO HELL. There ... I've said it. This dumb-ass radio technician from Texas has come on out and said it. Prove me wrong. Spare me the tales of how Aunt Bessy May's nose wart fell off after a night of intense prayer or how a 'voice' led you to your dead Grandpa's long lost stash of silver dollars. The evidence for my assertion is all around you. It's in the faces of the starving and the neglected and the frightened. It's in the BILLIONS of unanswered prayers that get muttered in quiet desperation every minute of every day. Your God is an evil basterd and we're trying to club it to death with words.
"Where you from boy?"

"Texas, SIR!"

"Only two things come out of Texas, steers and....."

Sorry, couldn't resist.:)
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there are gaps in the Egyptian timeline?
Let me ask you a question. The Egyptian Middle Kingdom is when the power of the Pharaohs was at its height. How can this be when everyone except 8 folks were killed in a global flood.
Where did all these Egyptians come from and wouldn`t Egyptians by default be one of the tribes of Israel by direct decent?
Your bible makes zero sense on the most basic level.
What makes zero sense is your post.
The time speculated as the ‘Egyptian Middle Kingdom” was after the flood.

Like every other race in the world the Egyptians are descendant form one of Noah’s sons. Not form Avraham to father of the Hebrews.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional garbage. There was disease and cancer long before there were even humans around.
Only according to evolutionists not according to reality.

Since: May 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes zero sense is your post.
The time speculated as the ‘Egyptian Middle Kingdom” was after the flood.
Like every other race in the world the Egyptians are descendant form one of Noah’s sons. Not form Avraham to father of the Hebrews.
...so where did everyone come from if it was after the flood?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The age of the earth is 4.54 billion years plus or minus 50 million years. One difficulty in obtaining a more precise age is definitional: do we measure from when the earth started forming, from when it was 90% of the current side, or when it started cooling off? The process of formation was not instantaneous.
So it took 50 million years (or so) for the earth to cool down to the point where the rain that formed the puddle soup, that in turn formed life, did not evaporate. So that life could spring form the puddle soup over the same millions of years to develop into life that were genetically close enough to mate to produce more of a different kind (two or more of the different kind so they too could mate), To once again produce two things close enough genetically to mate and get at least two more, and so on and so forth over billions of years, to get to a monkey and then once again produce two things close enough genetically to mate and get at least two genetically close enough humanoids to mate once again.

WOW no wonder you need to invent an age of 4.54 billion years to fit that lot of lies in.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Do share your observable evidence.
<quoted text>
Look out of you window open your mind ignore your evolutionist indoctrination and see GOD's creation it is wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,721 - 6,740 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••