Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
6,681 - 6,700 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#6932 Mar 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
A politician bowing to political pressure proves nothing at all.
That's about the size of it.

Whatever Obama's religion may be, it certainly wasn't the reason why he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6933 Mar 9, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
There has never been any two dating techniques that agreed on the exact date of anything. I challenge you to post proof of that lie.
Check out nay paper in geology. They tend to use several different dating methods when possible.
The entire globe hold evidence to the world wide flood, from pole to pole there is evidence form rock deposits to mountains to the ocean bed trenches, even the fossil patterns and bed deposits point directly to the flood.
Wrong. The types of deposits that form in floods is quite different than those that form alongside of rivers, which is very different than what forms in deserts. These differences are easily seen by a trained eye and are not ambiguous.
I am really glad there is no evidence for the exodus in the Sinai seeing as thou they were only there for a few days, the rest of the 40 years was spent in the Arabian peninsula as the BIBLE says, there you will find tons of evidence.
Really? Care to point out exactly where this evidence is? No archaeologist has ever found it.
There are huge gaps in the history of Egypt and the fact that when the Hebrew people entered the land it was not even run by Egyptians and when they left the Egyptian army and most of its wealth were destroyed, not something that they chose to recount in their history.
But it *is* something that would have been noticed by the other civilizations in the area. It wasn't. Furthermore, the gaps in the Egyptian history are nowhere close to the dates for exodus based on the Bible. Again, you fail (as does the Biblical account).

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6934 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
By RCC I presume you mean Roman Catholic Church the most apostate religious body in the world, that does not impress me nor does it surprise me that you do not know the GOD of the BIBLE in any way.
And yet, the Bible you hold so dear was assembled and the particular books to be included were decided by those very Catholics you seem to dsilike.
The fact that you and other never dare to spell BIBLE correctly proves that you nor them ever knew GOD.
There is no God to know. Belief in the Bible requires you to Buy the Bull that is inside. Anyone with a thinking mind immediately knows the Bible is not based on facts.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6935 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup like all the evolutionists around here who are trying so hard to follow a lie.
No, you have that completely backwards. Scientists, like those in evolutionary biology, are attempting to figure out that *truth* in spite of religious objections. it is those who adamantly adhere to the idea that their scriptures are infallible that stand in the way of progress and the discovery of the truth. The myths based on the Bible are no better than those based on the Quran.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6936 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh hard you have to try to deceive, let me correct you one again, GOD made everything it happened about 6000 years ago, it was perfect, it became corrupted by man. Had man followed GOD and his Torah there would be no cancer.
ONCE AGAIN GOD DID NOT CREATE CANCER IT IS A PRODUCT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT AND DIET, to extrapolate you claim evolution made everything including Cancer as a follower and believer in evolution that makes you responsible for child hood cancer.
To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot.
Delusional garbage. There was disease and cancer long before there were even humans around.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6937 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Death was not created it is the result of no life, the lack of life is death. The lack of light is dark. You really need to get an education.
Oh, the ironies.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6938 Mar 9, 2013
You'll notice all this evangelical fundie has is band wagon and appeal to authority logical fallacies. He barks these out and flees totally unable to discuss any subject rationally.
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobel Prize was awarded to President Obama, a Christian who added "in God we Trust" to the oath of office.
Peace

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#6939 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I did not say that because you do not know the exact age (I even gave you a few million years either way) then the earth does not exist. <YOU ARE LIEING ONCE AGAIN BUSTED>
So once again you prove your lack of education and knowledge in this case about logic.
Your science (so called science) is wrong because you base it on guess work and supposition
The age of the earth is 4.54 billion years plus or minus 50 million years. One difficulty in obtaining a more precise age is definitional: do we measure from when the earth started forming, from when it was 90% of the current side, or when it started cooling off? The process of formation was not instantaneous.

Since: Aug 12

Adana, Turkey

#6940 Mar 9, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I consider myself an intelligent human being when I demand verifiable evidence for a fantastic claim and refuse to accept it just because someone told me so. Do you have any verifiable evidence that God exists?
Yeah I have an evidence about God . There is no logical evidence in their hands those who deny God. Just trumped-up experiments .

Lexington, KY

#6941 Mar 9, 2013
Do share your observable evidence.
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I have an evidence about God . There is no logical evidence in their hands those who deny God. Just trumped-up experiments .

Since: Aug 12

Adana, Turkey

#6942 Mar 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Do share your observable evidence.
<quoted text>
Yes , Quran . Its a observable evidence. It written with perfect grammar. I know you will say 'noooooo there are lots of contradiction in Quran and lots of grammar error'

And I will say 'learn arabic and read it again'

Really I dont want to discuss about this topic. I said my opinion , you said your opinion. Okey its over .

Even I'm a stupid , you'r an intelligent atheist.

:) Bye
Lincoln

United States

#6943 Mar 9, 2013
Students are free to pray in public schools — except when they aren’t.
If this sounds confusing, pity school administrators charged with figuring out if and when to draw the line on student prayers.
Current controversies in two regions of the country illustrate how complicated this line-drawing has become.
School officials in the Birdville School District, near Fort Worth, Texas, allow students to offer prayers before football games, claiming that because the students freely choose to do so, the prayers are not endorsed by the school.
Meanwhile, school officials in Taconic Hills Central District in Craryville, N.Y., barred a student from closing her middle school graduation speech with a prayer, claiming that prayers at graduation — even when given by a student — constitute school-sponsored religion in violation of the First Amendment.
Before sorting out who got it right or wrong, let’s remind ourselves of what we know about the constitutionality of student prayers in public schools under current law.
According to the U.S. Supreme Court, school officials may not sponsor or promote religious exercises in public schools. At the same time, however, no Supreme Court decision prohibits public school students from praying alone or in groups, as long as such prayers don’t disrupt the school or interfere with the rights of others.
So far, so good.
But what do school administrators do when a student speaker decides to offer a prayer before a captive audience at graduation or some other school-sponsored event?
Is a prayer given by a student school-sponsored religion prohibited by the Establishment clause — or is it religious expression protected by the Free Exercise and Free Speech clauses?
In the culture wars, one side argues that all prayers at public school events are school promotion of religion, even if delivered by a student. But the other side insists that student prayers are always free speech, whatever the setting or circumstances.
Although the Supreme Court has yet to draw a bright line on this issue, past decisions make clear that when school officials arrange for prayers at school events, those prayers are the unconstitutional government endorsement of religion — even when delivered by outside speakers or students.
Some lower courts, however, have allowed student prayers at school events under certain conditions: If a student speaker is chosen by genuinely neutral, evenhanded criteria (i.e., without regard to the student’s religious or nonreligious views) and given primary control over the content of the speech, the student is free to give a religious or anti-religious message.
Relying on these court rulings, the U.S. Department of Education issued guidelines in 2003 on “constitutionally protected prayer,” stating that schools should allow student prayers under those circumstances. And a few states, including Texas, have passed laws urging schools to turn the podium over to students at school events without controlling the content of their speech.
That brings us back to Birdville, where school officials claim that student speakers at football games aren’t selected to give prayers, but are free to give any message they choose. If they happen to give a prayer, then the district argues that Texas law and Department of Education guidelines support their right to do so.
What isn’t known from news reports is exactly how the students are selected to speak at the games — and whether school officials actually allow student speakers to say whatever they like.
Lincoln

United States

#6944 Mar 9, 2013
Part two
But if the Birdville School District really does give students a “free speech moment,” then it is likely that the courts would uphold the practice if the policy is challenged.
But in Taconic Hills, school administrators retain control over the content of student speeches.
Permitting students to pray, the district argues, would put the schools in the position of endorsing religion. Earlier this month, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals upheld Taconic Hill’s right to bar student prayers.
It’s possible, then, that both school districts got it right under current law.
Whether we’ll see more students praying at school events is difficult to predict.
After all, many school officials are understandably reluctant to adopt policies that create a free-speech forum at graduations and assemblies.
Turning the microphone over to student speakers can be a risky business for school officials, especially when religious expression is involved.
What I can predict is that when the inevitable happens and a student delivers a prayer from an unpopular religion — or gives a message promoting atheism — public enthusiasm for the free-speech model will wane.
In other words, it might not take long for Birdville to decide that Taconic Hills got it right after all.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6945 Mar 9, 2013
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , Quran . Its a observable evidence. It written with perfect grammar. I know you will say 'noooooo there are lots of contradiction in Quran and lots of grammar error'
Really I dont want to discuss about this topic. I said my opinion , you said your opinion. Okey its over .
And if you had been raised as a Christian or Jew, it would be the Bible or Torah.
http://www.godchecker.com/

Lexington, KY

#6946 Mar 9, 2013
Lord of the rings was written with perfect grammar but that doesn't prove Elves exist.

My opinion is based on observable evidence, your's is based on an ancient book of desert scribblings that was stolen from the Torah and Gospels.

Again show your observable evidence that Allah exists.
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#6947 Mar 9, 2013
Ignore Lincoln's church website spam. The issue is the prayers are not only Christian but 90% of the time for the exact some church.

Most of the complaints have come from theists who don't appreciate having this one church's prayer crammed down their throats.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/31/43789...

The ACLU is taking the appropriate actions on this blatant violation.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#6948 Mar 9, 2013
I don't think religion will ever cease to exist. Certain Dogmas and Doctrines may change and new ones may become established. But I also see a rise in Atheism and Agnosticism due to the inflexibility most religions eventually reach.

The thing is, if someone has decided there is no God, it makes no sense to me for people of faith to try to convince them they are wrong.

That's the problem with any religion that claims to be the "one true way to God". It's sort of schizophrenic in a way. On the one hand humility to God is expected. Yet at the same time, a type of 'self-arrogance' is also preached; the idea that only YOUR group is actually "God's Chosen".

All this arguing back and forth is pointless.

Lexington, KY

#6949 Mar 9, 2013
If you didn't want to discuss the topic why come here? Best get on a burka I would hate for you to be flogged bloody in the streets.
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln

United States

#6950 Mar 9, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
If you didn't want to discuss the topic why come here? Best get on a burka I would hate for you to be flogged bloody in the streets.
<quoted text>
Yup
"Gimme" is beginning to crack.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#6952 Mar 9, 2013
old fat Elvis or young Elvis?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 1 hr Patrick 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Patrick 226,341
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 7 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 9 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 10 hr Patrick 172
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••