Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6897 Mar 8, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one that said you were lying if you didn't know the exact number.
So you're lying, you don't know how many planets there are.
Can you at least tell us how many planets are in our solar system, including Earth?
Can you at least get that right?
I did not say that and you know it, if you want to know the amounts of planets look in a good atlas it will tell you, oh by the way I do know.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6898 Mar 8, 2013
Same here, there is no way he is being serious. Time to put the Poe on scroll wheel duty.
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is now official, you are a complete idiot.
I call POE.
BTW If "To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot." how did man corrupt Mars?
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6899 Mar 8, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
You know...while I was going around town a'hugging Atheists,I sure learned a lot just by talking with them.
I used to be a'scared of em' but you know what? They are human just like us! Only misguided.
I hugged this one guy named Eddie,and he used to be Christain,but he stopped going to church because he thought he was being belittled because he didn't put as much money in the collection plate,and thought that the other members put him down for not having as much as they did.
There's a lot of stories like that here in the dirty part of this little berg.
It's a great shame christins don't follow the BIBLE or the GOd of the BIBLE.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6900 Mar 8, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Same here, there is no way he is being serious. Time to put the Poe on scroll wheel duty.
<quoted text>
I am being very serious.

No doubt about it.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#6901 Mar 8, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
I only mock the religions of evolutionism and darwinism, some I just feel sorry for. You are a lost case no hope at all. You cant even interpret my posts.
Stupid, "evolutionism" and darwinism aren't religions. What do you folks get out of claiming they are? Are you saying, "See, you are as stupid as we are!"?
Meyer Mayer McGillicuddy

Napa, CA

#6902 Mar 8, 2013
When truly aware there is no thing needs compare; so one cant tell if it is so. No?

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6903 Mar 8, 2013
There's a picture in a shop somewhere, and I know who it is!
:singing: Mormon Judy and cow people!

All your answers will be questioned.

:D
<quoted text>
I am being very serious.
No doubt about it.
You gotta be kidding

Auckland, New Zealand

#6905 Mar 9, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, "evolutionism" and darwinism aren't religions. What do you folks get out of claiming they are? Are you saying, "See, you are as stupid as we are!"?
No you are for more stupid than I could ever be, you worship a religion made up by man and you worship at the feet of man you know you do but you wont admit it.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6906 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh hard you have to try to deceive, let me correct you one again, GOD made everything it happened about 6000 years ago, it was perfect, it became corrupted by man. Had man followed GOD and his Torah there would be no cancer.
ONCE AGAIN GOD DID NOT CREATE CANCER IT IS A PRODUCT OF OUR ENVIRONMENT AND DIET, to extrapolate you claim evolution made everything including Cancer as a follower and believer in evolution that makes you responsible for child hood cancer.
To recap GOD MADE EVERYTHING man corrupted the lot.
Then you are saying that your myth god did not make man perfect. Your perfect god is proven imperfect by your own words. For man could have been nothing but perfect and would have remained so, had he been created as perfection, by a perfect being. The snake in the garden, the angel Satan, all perfect, and therefore not capable of being imperfect. And man, incapable of understanding wrong doing before eating of the forbidden fruit. Your god is a fake.

Earth,TX

#6907 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I only mock the religions of evolutionism and darwinism, some I just feel sorry for. You are a lost case no hope at all. You cant even interpret my posts.
Poor thing, you've got nothing to do then do you? You only mock the non-existent, where as we atheist have plenty to do, we mock the very real followers of the nonexistent.
Your posts are only interpretable by those who are incapable of logic.
Truth

UK

#6908 Mar 9, 2013
People that have money especially in developed countries tend to become atheists because they think they are God now , but in developing countries people become religious because they seek help divine help to get them out of poverty but after they become wealthy they most likely forget about religion and God believing they have now become God ?

Earth,TX

#6909 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
YUCH 2 PERVERTS>
No, no, no, you can't have it both ways. Your myth god created them perfect and as such they cannot even have so much as an imperfect thought.

Are you judging your god to be a failure?
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#6910 Mar 9, 2013
No, pi was described centuries ago.
<quoted text>
You brought up pi not me moron perhaps you should read your own posts.
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#6911 Mar 9, 2013
It's "you're losing", religitard.
<quoted text>
Yes and I did not ask you for a specific age either. You lot are scraping the bottom of the sewer to try to beat me and your loosing by far.

Since: Aug 12

Adana, Turkey

#6912 Mar 9, 2013
who said atheism will replace religion ?

Do you think yourself a man supercool when you deny the religions ?

:)
Truth

UK

#6913 Mar 9, 2013
Atheism is actually on the decline ? People started out as atheists and then came religion .
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#6914 Mar 9, 2013
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
who said atheism will replace religion ?
Do you think yourself a man supercool when you deny the religions ?
:)
What does 'deny the religions' mean? Does anyone seriously believe that some ancient prophet brought us the word of a god(s)?

“Educating the uneducated”

Montreal

#6915 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>YUCH 2 PERVERTS>
Wow, what a mature response.
I bet you're still afraid of cooties.

I'm sorry that you feel love is perverted.

Montreal

#6916 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Death was not created it is the result of no life, the lack of life is death. The lack of light is dark. You really need to get an education.
You said your god created "all."
I have an education, even without it, I'm able to understand the meaning of "all."
Creating "all" means creating "everything."
Death is a thing, therefore it is included in "everything."

Your god is a sadist.

Montreal

#6917 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Ditto fool ditto.
Again, where's your proof?
I have you links, you gave me whining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min Into The Night 30,089
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 5 min Evan V 425
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Subduction Zone 69,908
News Atheism and cowardice (Nov '11) 1 hr Roy 12,673
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 2 hr yehoshooah adam 3,779
Evidence for God! (Oct '14) 9 hr superwilly 579
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Tue Eagle 12 258,469
More from around the web