Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6675 Mar 6, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds great in theory, in reality, its not that simple. It may not infringe on anyone's beliefs, however there are usually consequences.
<quoted text>
The same could be said for polygamous marriage equality, or allowing siblings to marry. No one is forced to get married. If both of us hold beliefs that are at odds with each other, regardless of the issue, and we both seek to either have that belief enacted into law, or prohibit such enactment, we are "pushing our beliefs" onto others.
<quoted text>
Flip that around. Are there issues which you oppose, or do not wish to be legal? There has to be something beyound the marriage redefinition/equality debate.
If the issue of polygamy ever comes up, then that would be discussed then. Personally, it doesn't affect me and there is no harm if it isn't promiscuous polygamy. Yet again, it does not force any beliefs on others; if you do not wish to marry multiple people, you don't have to.

Incest causes harm to others, mainly the child if one is consecrated. There are many diseases that come with incestuous procreation.

Besides, since the topic is actually about religion, you should be the last person to complain about incest and polygamy. After all, it is in your bible many times.

Nothing involving another person's personal choices has anything to do with you. No other person's personal choices affects your beliefs or infringes upon them.
So why don't you leave other people's beliefs alone?
Oh wait, because you're scared that their beliefs are right and yours are wrong.
Otherwise, you wouldn't make such a big deal out of them.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#6676 Mar 6, 2013
You gotta be kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that GOD is real evolution is a lie, easy as that.
You don't say?
How about showing some of that real you talk of.
If your god is real where is this proof?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#6677 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
1) The odds are billions to one that there would be a planet that is able to support life, no one would contend such odds.
2) Vapour deposition is not creation it is introduction of chemicals into an externally controlled environment. Now try to get one of your so called evolutionary scientists to create anything out of nothing or if you want out of the air without the controlled environment needed in a lab.
3) What is silly would be believing that life spontainiously erupted out of a puddle. Getting a suntan is change due to environment is that your evolution.
4) The data recovered from the Hubble does not show anything of any age it is only data which needs interpreting and is aged by brain washed mindless evolutionists, what data shows a made by date?
5) Don’t like the truth, why not just leave evolution alone, why do you lot have to preach it to everyone, as one of the religion of evolution priests once said “we need to teach the theory of evolution as fact in schools to children as young as possible” as Hitler once said “let me control the schools and the text books and I will control the nations”. Now add 2 + 2 and you get the anti God bias of evolution, evolutionists and the teaching of evolution.
Thank you for a very true post.

You just answered almost every argument of theirs.

Theory of evolution is just in the minds of people, it is like connecting dots, when with each dot you have, one millions are missing....you can connect them any way you like.

Man and cow might have a "common ancestor" at some stage of evolution!!(But no one says so, I do not know why they have fixation with "apes"?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6678 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
I stated the fact that everything was created out of nothing by GOD, YES 100% fact.
I do not need to produce GOD to know he exists, OH dear you believe in evolution but you have not seen it what a shame.
So, instead of wasting your time on these threads, why don't you use this knowledge of the FACTS to produce some scientific advancement for the betterment of all mankind?

Maybe you can get your God to heal a well deserving amputee or three? Maybe he will tell you how to cure HIV ... maybe by killing birds and rubbing the blood on the infected bodies, like in Leviticus 14. That would be very news worthy.

Let me know when you and your God gotter dun ... M'kay??

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6679 Mar 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If the issue of polygamy ever comes up, then that would be discussed then. Personally, it doesn't affect me and there is no harm if it isn't promiscuous polygamy. Yet again, it does not force any beliefs on others; if you do not wish to marry multiple people, you don't have to.
Fair enough. However once one's beliefs enter into the public square, then it becomes a matter of discussion.
Incest causes harm to others, mainly the child if one is consecrated. There are many diseases that come with incestuous procreation.
If the siblings were of the same sex, or were sterile, that would not be a concern.
Besides, since the topic is actually about religion, you should be the last person to complain about incest and polygamy. After all, it is in your bible many times.
True. Besides the bible belongs to all.
Nothing involving another person's personal choices has anything to do with you. No other person's personal choices affects your beliefs or infringes upon them.
If it enters the public square, its open for discussion and/or debate.
The same question could be posed to you as well. Somewhere along the line our beliefs may converge, or be at opposing ends.
Oh wait, because you're scared that their beliefs are right and yours are wrong.
That's a two way street.
One can believe there is no God, one God, Goddess, Grand Poohpah, etc. That is one's choice, however when one's beliefs become part of the public square and involve matters of public policy, it no longer is simply a matter of what one believes.
Satan

Panorama City, CA

#6680 Mar 6, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't billions of planets?
Excuse me while I move to another room to laugh my ass off.
*comes back*
So anyway, evolution does NOT talk about space, that's what astronomy is for.
Let me guess, you're also one of those crazy religious people who believe dinosaur bones were place on Earth by the devil.
You told!

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#6681 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes GOD created plants prior to the sun so what, answer me this what was the surface temperature of the earth at that time.
Your gas probably contains your brain cells that is why you are so stupid.
About the same avg temp as now, since it was only 6000 years ago. Stupid kiwi.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6682 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes GOD created plants prior to the sun so what, answer me this what was the surface temperature of the earth at that time.
Your gas probably contains your brain cells that is why you are so stupid.
Sorry, stupid, he didn't. The Genesis story was made up by a bunch of ignorant goat herders back in the Bronze Age. They thought the earth was flat. They didn't know that their spot on the earth rotated away from and towards the sun, and that's what caused night and day. They didn't know that without the sun, plants wouldn't last a half of a second. Their ignorance was excusable.
A fundie calling me stupid...LOL!
Yeah, my gas is smarter than you, it's not so dumb it believes that buy-bull stuff is true.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#6683 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes but not all stars are planets. Like our sun it is not a planet.
LOL! Well, I shouldn't expect a fundie to know the difference between a star and a planet.
Thanks for that good laugh!
What I have already set aside in science you still need to learn.
I will provide evidence as soon as you provide the proof for evolution I asked for.
IOW, you don't have any evidence god exists.
By the way is you name (Rose_NoHo) short for Rose_NoHo’PE’
Man could not possibly have created GOD because GOD existed long before man, however the same cannot be said for evolution.
Poe's Law.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6684 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
No there are not billions of planets you stupid ignorant fool
Oh dear you know so little evolution does cover the origins of life if not then how did life get here if it did not evolve or was it created by GOD>
Evolution is a myth propagated by the anti-GOD lobby to spread their lies.
How's 100 billion (just in our galaxy) make you feel? Let's not forget that there's billions of galaxies. This places the number of planets in the observable Universe into the trillions. Your god theory really doesn't come anywhere near providing a satisfying explanation for all this.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6685 Mar 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!
Are you a Quack or a Medical Doctor?
Do you remember prescribing lock up and prison for our condemnation of your filthy practice of thighing* children?

You have been happily diagnosing many of us, as mentally ill, and prescribing what you feel might be the punishments needed to stop our coming to conclusions other than what you are comfortable with, and now you're getting a bit of your own medicine, and you question the one diagnosing you? You are getting to eat what you've dished out, for a change ... don't choke on it.

*For those who do not know the term ... "thighing" it is the sexual usuary of any infant or child, as a sexual outlet for the adult male penis. The child may be used in any manner the user chooses, no limit as to where or how often, the entire childs body, including anally, orally and vaginally, though the use of the female child's vagina is discouraged, but not denied.

The man or men thighing the child/children must be family or at least close family friends, and the child can be as young as just having left his mother's womb. Either male or female children can be so used, but if the female child suffers a torn vagina from the thighing, the user of this child will have to pay for a surgical repair to be made, so as to not destroy her future value to a husband.

Allah deems it so, Allah blesses these trash with lots of tiny [email protected] babies, praise [email protected] sh!t Allah.

Earth,TX

#6686 Mar 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should avoid any route that contains any hospital.....they might hold you and send you to their mental wing.
Be careful.
The rape(thighing) of babies is not criminal, but pointing out that babies are being raped(thighed) is criminal? How about we consider your pigsh!t viewpoint as completely insignificant, after all it is nothing but a filthy perversion?

Earth,TX

#6687 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
As a pervert you obviously know nothing of the God you claim to know and worship. As a pervert you will fall under the condemnation of the Christ who HATES all perverts as He said in his word. He will only show forgiveness to those who are in His word, you as a pervert are not.
Your "Christianity' will only get you one place and that is the lake of fire alongside your real god SATAN>
<YOU DISGUST ME AND GOD>
"God" as in bible god? The Jewish god, the Christain god and the Muslim god, that god? The god who will make the Christain cook and eat their children, and the god who allows the Jews to penetrate(rape) a girl three years and a day old into marriage, and the god who blesses Islamic men with lots of baby boys and girls to thigh(rape), as soon as they are born?
It is you and that god, who are calling gay people the perverts? It looks like heaven is going to be a one big cannibalistic pedophile orgy. I think you can have it, and be welcome to it.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6688 Mar 7, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You should avoid any route that contains any hospital.....they might hold you and send you to their mental wing.
Be careful.
Let me remind you you think:-
1. Anal sex is uncivilised.
2. Girl on girl is uncivilised.
3. Strippers are uncivilised.
4. Saving an invaded country is uncivilised.
But:-
1. Stoning young girls to death is civilised.
2. Female genital mutilation is civilised.
3. Thighing is civilised.
4. Flying planes into buildings is civilised.
5. Suicide bombers are civilised.

Now do tell me how I can be the one who is mentally ill?

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6689 Mar 7, 2013
Thinking about it the above is:-

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.

Montreal

#6690 Mar 7, 2013
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
You told!
Everyone knew anyway.
Weren't you also responsible for hiding all evidence of a god or something?

Montreal

#6692 Mar 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough. However once one's beliefs enter into the public square, then it becomes a matter of discussion.

[QUOTE]
"

If the siblings were of the same sex, or were sterile, that would not be a concern.

[QUOTE]
"

True. Besides the bible belongs to all.

[QUOTE]
"

If it enters the public square, its open for discussion and/or debate.

[QUOTE]
"

The same question could be posed to you as well. Somewhere along the line our beliefs may converge, or be at opposing ends.

[QUOTE]
"

That's a two way street.

[QUOTE]
"

One can believe there is no God, one God, Goddess, Grand Poohpah, etc. That is one's choice, however when one's beliefs become part of the public square and involve matters of public policy, it no longer is simply a matter of what one believes.
Discussion is one thing, infringing upon other people's personal beliefs is another.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#6693 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Nowhere near the truth. And no I am not lying.
Your posts show otherwise.

Location hidden

#6694 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
YES WHY?
From your post:

"Don't you know that you should end e sentence with a full stop, STUPID."

Any more stupid questions? <I know... stuid question>

Location hidden

#6695 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Is it unkind to state the obvious about someone's stupidity...
Yet you came here and put it on display. If you don't want your stupidity "pointed out", don't post it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Eagle 12 18,723
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 8 min Eagle 12 10,111
Good arguments against Christianity 29 min Eagle 12 241
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Chimney1 43,441
A Universe from Nothing? 2 hr u196533dm 624
News Why I quit atheism 3 hr Chazofsaints 731
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 6 hr thetruth 3,850
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr thetruth 256,643
More from around the web