Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14736 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6594 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it might be, "Date no females".......
Who would have know that you'd be a bigot as well as a religious nut!
Certainly not-oh wait, it's kind of obvious, your kind is always for pushing down others' rights.

Montreal

#6595 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like you don't have a sense of humor.
Exactly, you have no response to anything remotely close to a fact.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6596 Mar 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would have know that you'd be a bigot as well as a religious nut!
Certainly not-oh wait, it's kind of obvious, your kind is always for pushing down others' rights.
This from a humorless Catholiphobe.

Montreal

#6597 Mar 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>This from a humorless Catholiphobe.
Sorry that I don't hate everyone like you do :)
I only hate those who attempt to push their beliefs on others.
Centaur

Napa, CA

#6598 Mar 4, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Pol Pott was a totalitarian, none of us would approve of totalitarianism.
I really shouldn't have to explain that to you lardass.
<quoted text>
Pol Pot was the original Teaparty twot pot. No nothing for nobody and even then you only pay attention as long as it takes to strip themof dignity.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6599 Mar 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't hate everyone, who do u hate?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6600 Mar 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay and? I said Christianity, not Catholicism.
Your point?
Oh Protestantism..... why didn't u say so?
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#6601 Mar 5, 2013
Hill wrote:
1. It is all from our own brains, some are clouded, some are clear. No one gets "aided by the Creator of Universe".

1A. A real god would not need prophets or messengers. That's the truth.

1B. I was just joking about calling philosophy a science. It isn't. People's feelings, hunches, hallucinations, delusions, opinions, dreams and tall tales have everything to do with religion and nothing to do with science.

3. Nothing. We evolved intelligence the same way the other animals evolved their various survival tricks. We behave like animals because we are animals. We're not "above" anything. Please tell me what you think that "higher purpose" might be. We may well be relatively rare intelligent beings in a vast cosmos. A good "higher purpose" might be to fully understand our place in the Big Picture and try to make sure we're around for a while.

I hear a lot more crying than I do laughing. Maybe you are wrong about a great many other things as well.

You got a lot of nerve. One criteria we judge civilizations upon is the quality of their mercy. How's yours? Tolerant much? I doubt it. What does your version of "civilization" do to sodomites and lesbians MUQ?

I've been to strip clubs in Damascus and flown around the Middle East in planes full of Ukrainian whores, selling themselves at every stop to you holier-than-thou Arabs.

Don't try to come off cleaner than anybody else MUQ, because I know better. When 25-30 other nations decide to topple your government, maybe there's something wrong with it.

Like it or not, MUQ, we all living in a "Global Village" now ... we all one big happy "civilization". Maybe you didn't get the memo.
Ans.

So we once again go back to the "original question" can things create themselves and can things get created by "chance"

Unless you bring "scientific proofs" of these you are as much talking in thin air as you accuse us to be doing.

I think you have a magic word "evolution" as you accuse us by having "faith". You dependence of "evolution" is as illusory as our faith.

There is no "proof" that any one evolved from any one else, so it is your faith against ours.

None of them having any real proof, so why should you rate your illusion above ours?

Judging civilization:

Mercy is one criterion and doing Justice is another criterion for judging civilizations

And if some "Muslim countries" try aping some aspects of "western nations" to show that they are "More Modern" than their western counter parts, then they would not become Islamic teachings.

Yes if 25-30 Superpowers join as a "pack" and attack small countries and at the same time "close their eyes" and take no action when "another small country" is killing , torturing and acting like bully, there is some thing wrong.

You are not as much civilized as you claim to be!!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#6602 Mar 5, 2013
Liberty wrote:
We are civilized people Muq. We do things like bathe properly, allow equal rights to all people regardless of race, nationality or beliefs, we strive for fairness and justice for all, do we always get it right?..

We don't drag women suffering from being beaten and viciously raped and then whip them bloody in the streets as your people do.

Oh but the men in your religion can hire prostitutes from all over the world to work in a harem and be blesses by your Islamic religious leaders while doing it! Some morality! Women must wear burkas unless they are a whore in the cleric's harem! What a joke!

Women in civilized societies are allowed the same opportunities as men in education, employment and even high office politics.

Richards:

Let me see if I have got this right:-
1. Anal sex is uncivilized.
2. Girl on girl is uncivilized.
3. Strippers are uncivilized.
4. Saving an invaded country is uncivilized.

But:-

1. Stoning young girls to death is civilized.
2. Female genital mutilation is civilized.
3. Thighing is civilized.
4. Flying planes into buildings is civilized.
5. Suicide bombers are civilized.

You are sick.

Lacez:

Why waste the only life we have?

If you were going to just go bomb yourself, why do you guys even bother to produce offspring? They're just going to kill themselves too.
Ans.

My "little post" on who is civilized got lot of attention on the thread and many posted their comments.

Most of the answers are rhetoric and use individual incidents to generalize on every Muslim. Here are my short comments on each of these posts:

Liberty:

I do not from where he got the idea that Prostitutes work in Haram Area. May be she (if he is "she") got personal experience, so I cannot comment anything about that.

This comment itself shows how civilized you really are.

Richards:

He has his "funny bone" ticking. Very ingenious list he has provided.

I might add "Allowing Isreal to have nukes and putting Sanctions on Iran to not have" is very uncivilized.

Lacez:

He (or she, I do not really know) has more love for life than what one should have.

He or she wants to enjoy the life as much as he can.

I wish him or her best of luck!!

Producing offspring is "our specialty"….too bad you do not like them.

Do to them what you did to Red Indians, Eskimos and Aborigines!!
Thinking

Winsford, UK

#6603 Mar 5, 2013
Rats breed like rats.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
My "little post" on who is civilized got lot of attention on the thread and many posted their comments.
Most of the answers are rhetoric and use individual incidents to generalize on every Muslim. Here are my short comments on each of these posts:
Liberty:
I do not from where he got the idea that Prostitutes work in Haram Area. May be she (if he is "she") got personal experience, so I cannot comment anything about that.
Richards:
I might add "Allowing Isreal to have nukes and putting Sanctions on Iran to not have" is very uncivilized.
Lacez:
He (or she, I do not really know) has more love for life than what one should have.

Montreal

#6604 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>So if you don't hate everyone, who do u hate?
Do you have some kind of selective blindness?
Read my post again.

Montreal

#6605 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Protestantism..... why didn't u say so?
Exactly, no answer, as per usual.

Montreal

#6606 Mar 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Ans.

So we once again go back to the "original question" can things create themselves and can things get created by "chance"

Unless you bring "scientific proofs" of these you are as much talking in thin air as you accuse us to be doing.

I think you have a magic word "evolution" as you accuse us by having "faith". You dependence of "evolution" is as illusory as our faith.

There is no "proof" that any one evolved from any one else, so it is your faith against ours.

None of them having any real proof, so why should you rate your illusion above ours?

Judging civilization:

Mercy is one criterion and doing Justice is another criterion for judging civilizations

And if some "Muslim countries" try aping some aspects of "western nations" to show that they are "More Modern" than their western counter parts, then they would not become Islamic teachings.

Yes if 25-30 Superpowers join as a "pack" and attack small countries and at the same time "close their eyes" and take no action when "another small country" is killing , torturing and acting like bully, there is some thing wrong.

Evolution has tons of proof.
It is a scientific theory just as gravity is a scientific theory.

Faith is just that; faith.
Definition: the belief of or in something unproven or unknown.

Richardfs

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#6607 Mar 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Liberty:
Richards:
Lacez:
As I said you are sick.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6608 Mar 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, no answer, as per usual.
That is a valid answer, you implied Catholicism isn't Christianity, which is a sentiment some fundamentalist Protestants possess. Thus I asked if you were referring to Protestantism.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#6609 Mar 5, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some kind of selective blindness?
Read my post again.
Okay.
Hmmmmm....well you did state who u hate. However that is a ambiguous statement, and it could be used against you as well. Anyone who advocates, perhaps lobbies might be more appropriate, for a particular cause, is also attempting to "push their beliefs" on others.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6610 Mar 5, 2013
As usual you sidestep and avoid the question and actual conversation.

Again we do not brutalize innocents as your people do.

Yes Islam is very hypocritical because they threaten women for showing their ankle but clerics can hire hookers from all over the world to work in a harem and that is fine in Islam.

If you don't wish for the west to retaliate against your people's savage sub human atrocities may I suggest your fellow muslims stop attacking innocent people in unprovoked terror attacks?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Liberty:
Richards:
Lacez:

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6611 Mar 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Judging civilization:
Of course things can be "created" seemingly by chance. It's not really pure "chance" though, objects behave and interact in well defined ways as determined by their physical properties. Stars (with their planets) form out of clouds of dust and gas with a certain inevitability about it. They are as common as sand in your neighborhood desert, some of them are bound to support life and some of those ... intelligent life. Evolution will be at work on the lifeforms of these various worlds, just as it is on Earth. Nothing I just said is even VAGUELY SIMILAR to your completely unfounded religious faith. I presume your leaders grant you (reluctantly) some access to information. Use it. You can look at Hubble telescope images and see things no human being before us could even imagine. It's really quite exciting. "Creation" is an on-going process that we can see and photograph. The reality matches quite well with theory and that (THAT!!) is how you determine what is real and what is make-believe.

The Theory of Evolution did not come about by magic or wishful thinking. Evolution is self evident upon a careful observation of life on Earth. The "theory" persists because there is NOTHING that better explains what we see all around us. Certainly better than your gods, demons, angels and prophets ... keep guessing. If you really want to know how things came about, the information is out there and accessible ... at least in "civilized" societies. And yes ... there's "scientific proofs" of all this, despite what your Ayatollahs tell you. I can't give you "scientific proofs" over Topix any more than you can conjure up a miracle.

Judging civilizations by their mercy and/or justice. Hmmmmm ... let me see ... I'm thinking ... I'm pretty sure ... YEP!!! USA wins by a landslide!!! I mean, you got to be kidding me right? You keep Islamic mercy and justice, I'll take my chances over here. There's not 25 or 30 "superpowers" Bucko, but 25 or 30 "civilized" countries sounds about right. I wish you people and Israel would just go ahead and have it out. You know, a good, Old Fashioned War with planes and tanks and armies clashing on the battlefield. Then you'd have a winner and a loser, we could all finally see who has the best god (LOL) and get back to our soap operas and documentaries.

Montreal

#6612 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>That is a valid answer, you implied Catholicism isn't Christianity, which is a sentiment some fundamentalist Protestants possess. Thus I asked if you were referring to Protestantism.
Nope, it wasn't an answer for it wasn't related to what I said in the slightest.
Hitler was a Christian, and so bringing up Protestants has nothing to do with him.

Montreal

#6613 Mar 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Okay.

[QUOTE]
I only hate those who attempt to push their beliefs on others."

Hmmmmm....well you did state who u hate. However that is a ambiguous statement, and it could be used against you as well. Anyone who advocates, perhaps lobbies might be more appropriate, for a particular cause, is also attempting to "push their beliefs" on others.
Lobbying for a cause is only pushing their beliefs on others if it affects those others. For example; a secular nation is not pushing their beliefs on others because everyone can believe whatever they want to, a Christian doesn't have to smoke weed, and so having it legal in Washington does not infringe on anyone's beliefs.
Marriage equality is not pushing a belief on another, for those against it do not have to marry a member of the same sex, nor do they have to believe it's right, they can have their beliefs.

On the other hand, denying these things is forcing others to comply with your personal beliefs, ignoring theirs. As well as ignoring the line in the constitution where it states everyone has freedom of religion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr replaytime 711
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr SoE 76,871
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 6 hr The FACTory 4,299
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr Aerobatty 258,475
hell is a real place. so.. ahtiesm is a faux li... 15 hr Ben Avraham 11
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Jul 18 John 32,164
More from around the web