Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6441 Feb 27, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Buybull is that a book on atheist trolls?
No, say it out-loud:
Buy-bull...
Bible...
Funny, huh?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#6442 Feb 27, 2013
I think the Pope had his ah-ha moment!

http://news.yahoo.com/huge-crowd-st-peters-sq...

It seems the Lord has been sleeping he said.... Ya for just a few thousand years :))

Lexington, KY

#6445 Feb 27, 2013
Perhaps he will become the Pope of Sauron next?:)
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, pretty embarrassing when the Pope wakes up one morning and says, "This is such colossal bullshit. I can't do this any more."

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#6446 Feb 27, 2013
Normal Flora wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, pretty embarrassing when the Pope wakes up one morning and says, "This is such colossal bullshit. I can't do this any more."
I thought he's supposed to pray to his god for strength.

I guess he realised just how futile that is.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#6447 Feb 28, 2013
The pope will have more time to contemplate such theological thoughts about strength as, "How did popeye burst open the tin *before* he'd consumed the spinach?"
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he's supposed to pray to his god for strength.
I guess he realised just how futile that is.
thennian

Voorhees, NJ

#6448 Feb 28, 2013
God doesn't punish the world he punishes on an individual case by case judgement.. per person..
thennian

Voorhees, NJ

#6449 Feb 28, 2013
God actually involves luck in his plan it says in the bible that luck still exists.. which I guess God made..
thennian

Voorhees, NJ

#6450 Feb 28, 2013
the end of the world isn't even in the bible.. it's just plain heresy..
thennian

Voorhees, NJ

#6451 Feb 28, 2013
you can be mean and still go to heaven. is a such thing in the bible called.. consolation..
thennian

Voorhees, NJ

#6452 Feb 28, 2013
I don't even think hell has fire.. actually think it is like.. just a place of eternal boredom..

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6453 Feb 28, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just try to create any thing without thinking, planning and design and see where it leads you.
You assume that if you give only time, every thing will just become right.
No it would get more disorganized and mis-arranged with time.
Unless there was a guiding "hand" which placed every thing at right place at right time.
And you see only the results and "assume" that "Hand" did not exist at all.
This is your problem and your sickness and I doubt if there will be any cure, unless of course you die and then your eyes are opened....because death is not the end....it is a beginning of another life!!
Really? Try as we might, from examining the debris of smashed atoms to Hubble Ultra-deep exposures ... no sign of any designer. Plenty of signs to indicate how insignificant we are and how tenuous our hold on this planet. Even now, the asteroid or comet that's going to erase us off the face of the Earth is up there, in it's unstable orbit, biding it's time. Had we not squandered our time and treasure in pointless struggle, our minds and energy in worshiping make-believe gods, we could be safely scattered throughout the Solar System by now and eying the stars. I think it's cool that Momma Nature entrusted her precious DNA with giant reptiles last time. Didn't work out. Tried intelligent monkeys this time, good idea! We certainly have the potential to save the planet from further impacts. How could she have known our big brains and vivid imaginations would invent religion? I'm willing to bet the next dominant species has no gods.

The whole life-after-death thing ... religion's biggest lie. Particularly yours, which is bent on making this life so miserable and the next so enticing that people are willing to sacrifice themselves for it. Of course, early Christianity had the same problem until they decided to make it a sin.

" http://crouchfoundation.org/history-of-suicid... ;

http://crouchfoundation.org/history-of-suicid...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6454 Feb 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
The pope will have more time to contemplate such theological thoughts about strength as, "How did popeye burst open the tin *before* he'd consumed the spinach?"
<quoted text>
The enormous energy stored in the spinach already had the can near bursting. The application of the slightest pressure was enough to send it beyond threshold. Everybody knows that ... Jeez.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#6455 Feb 28, 2013
Benny says, "In Latin please, for chrissakes!"
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
The enormous energy stored in the spinach already had the can near bursting. The application of the slightest pressure was enough to send it beyond threshold. Everybody knows that ... Jeez.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6457 Feb 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>When you find a link to that proof, let us know. OK?
Nope, I don't want you with me for eternity.

Keep making your burnt offerings to FSM.

Location hidden

#6458 Feb 28, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! Yes, indeed!! That is exactly what it is!! This book has created more Atheists than any other.

http://www.blueletterbible.org
I see you atheist book is called buybull

Go Figure!

LOL

To easy.

Location hidden

#6459 Feb 28, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>No, say it out-loud:
Buy-bull...
Bible...
Funny, huh?
I now know that the buybull is an atheist book as ooh oobga just claimed.

You have your buybull I have the Bible funny I just noticed how the two names sound similar but have such a huge difference in context.

Location hidden

#6460 Feb 28, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>So your god likes spam and gets it from that guy? That's how you're trying to prove your god exists with spam?
Ummmm no.

Lexington, KY

#6461 Feb 28, 2013
They have a section entitled Religious Fiction at a local bookstore. Redundancy much?:D

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6462 Feb 28, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you atheist book is called buybull
Go Figure!
LOL
To easy.
Intentionally ignorant is the same as being stupid. There is no fixing stupid.

Location hidden

#6463 Feb 28, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>Intentionally ignorant is the same as being stupid. There is no fixing stupid.
Look that up in your buybull

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 21 min Eagle 12 2,401
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 232,852
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 5 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 5 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 12 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web