Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
6,101 - 6,120 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6338 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>If you go back an read some of his earlier posts you get a better idea on just how ignorant he is. One of my favorites is when he got busted posting under another screen name KJV. Not only responding to posts made to KJV but even using that screen name's spelling and punctuation errors

When confronted with this his answer was.... Get ready for this... No seriously this was the excuse he used.... It's almost painful how stupid this was.... Ahem... We make the exact same mistakes when posting because we worked together for 35 years.

Seriously he used that excuse. An excuse that a 3rd grade child could see through.

:sigh:
Oh that's nothing...I know a sock juggler that I've been dealing with since August, and others even a year before.
That person shared her name online, then switched accounts (instead of leaving) and acted/spelled/believed the same exact things, obviously a sock.
She says now, finally after admitting it, that she was lying to protect herself.
Funniest part?
She claims to be a devout born-again Christian, and that she never lies.
So pretending you're an entirely different person, and denying you are said original person, is telling the truth, in her books.

She goes under:
YELLODOG
pattiecake58
United in Faith
wrongrighter

And her current sock:
honeysuckle_rose

Now, I might have one or two of those usernames spelled slightly wrong, but those are only those I know of so far...and this is over the period of maybe half a year.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#6339 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Disbelief is not belief, simpleton.
Christains like longears will often resort to weak word games.

It's the best they can do.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#6340 Feb 25, 2013
Oh the silly games they feel they must play.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's nothing...I know a sock juggler that I've been dealing with since August, and others even a year before.
That person shared her name online, then switched accounts (instead of leaving) and acted/spelled/believed the same exact things, obviously a sock.
She says now, finally after admitting it, that she was lying to protect herself.
Funniest part?
She claims to be a devout born-again Christian, and that she never lies.
So pretending you're an entirely different person, and denying you are said original person, is telling the truth, in her books.
She goes under:
YELLODOG
pattiecake58
United in Faith
wrongrighter
And her current sock:
honeysuckle_rose
Now, I might have one or two of those usernames spelled slightly wrong, but those are only those I know of so far...and this is over the period of maybe half a year.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6341 Feb 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
A belief in reason is as much of an act of faith as the belief in a God or multiples thereof, neither can itself be fully proved nor disproved and neither disproves the existence of the other.
Fine, just walk off a tall building then. After all, it is just the belief in gravity that keeps it real, right?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6342 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Usually when someone talks of spam on a forum, it means that they are spamming the threads.
Your use of the word "spam," and your expectations of everyone getting your bad joke, show you really have nothing to say.
I was talking to some one who lives in the town where Spam is packed.
So I asked him if he enjoyed packing Spam. It is what 95% of the people in that town do for a living. It was you who stuck your nose in and didn't understand. Dolt!

Location hidden

#6343 Feb 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
A belief in reason is as much of an act of faith as the belief in a God or multiples thereof, neither can itself be fully proved nor disproved and neither disproves the existence of the other.
Yup

Location hidden

#6344 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>If you go back an read some of his earlier posts you get a better idea on just how ignorant he is. One of my favorites is when he got busted posting under another screen name KJV. Not only responding to posts made to KJV but even using that screen name's spelling and punctuation errors

When confronted with this his answer was.... Get ready for this... No seriously this was the excuse he used.... It's almost painful how stupid this was.... Ahem... We make the exact same mistakes when posting because we worked together for 35 years.

Seriously he used that excuse. An excuse that a 3rd grade child could see through.

:sigh:
Wrong!

Never happened. I work with KJV our style of posting is the same because we post together under one of our names when we're together. Oh and he's out of the country for a bit but he'll be back.

Location hidden

#6345 Feb 25, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that is exactly what he said, how hard is it to understand that by you saying "I believe Grandma's cake will be awesome." is what you call a religious belief? That is what you are saying, it can be proven, but not necessarily so. And saying that "I don't believe aliens rule the world from invisible taco shaped spaceships.", is considered by you to be a religious belief. Those two statements do meet your criteria for the definition.
Ok Dolt lets do this very slow so you can keep up.

Believing that no God or gods exist is unprovable.

Believing in something unprovable is called faith.

faith\ˈfāth\
noun
1 a : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Synonyms: religion

Your grandma's cake and taste is not unprovable.

Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?

Location hidden

#6346 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Disbelief is not belief, simpleton.
You using an incorrect definition of a word does not change it. Dolt

Location hidden

#6347 Feb 25, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Christains like longears will often resort to weak word games.

It's the best they can do.
The best what?

What am I required to do?

Location hidden

#6348 Feb 25, 2013
Found this blog quite interesting.
I think he got my name wrong its not Langan it's Langoliers.

"I just finished the book "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Among the topics are one on Christopher Langan who has an IQ of 195, which is supposed to be the highest in the world. After finishing the chapter I googled him, and found out that he has been studying physics on his own for pretty much his entire life but only went to college for one year.

What interested me was that he has been working on something that he calls "Cognitive-Theoretic Model of the Universe". While I don´t understand much of it (few does) I was surprised to see that he actually believes in God. Not only that, he claims that it is possible to mathematically prove that God exists and that we have a soul. At first glance I was amazed of this, since I´m a complete atheist (and swedish - none of use are believers). But I can´t help thinking that, since his mind are more powerful than anyone else´s, maybe he has seen further than anyone ever have. This scares me a little bit, b/c obv if he is correct I really don´t want to die for obvious reasons "

Location hidden

#6349 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Disbelief is not belief, simpleton.
And absence if proof is not proof.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#6350 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And absence if proof is not proof.
There is more proof that god is not real then tehre is he or she is real...I mean since no one has seen from or heard from god since time the bible was written I would say the proof he is real is slim and very old...And since there has been no proof of god sicne that time that initself is great proof he is not real...

The thing is this.....your god is your god. And since he is your god proving he is real is on your sholders. I dont nor does anyone have to prove he is not real....AGAIN IT IS YOUR RELIGION YOUR GOD...PROOF IS ON YOU.....NOT US.

If I said I had seen and knew space aliens were real....Would you have to prove me wrong ro would I have to prove myself right??????????

Think about it.

Location hidden

#6351 Feb 25, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>There is more proof that god is not real then tehre is he or she is real...I mean since no one has seen from or heard from god since time the bible was written I would say the proof he is real is slim and very old...And since there has been no proof of god sicne that time that initself is great proof he is not real...

The thing is this.....your god is your god. And since he is your god proving he is real is on your sholders. I dont nor does anyone have to prove he is not real....AGAIN IT IS YOUR RELIGION YOUR GOD...PROOF IS ON YOU.....NOT US.

If I said I had seen and knew space aliens were real....Would you have to prove me wrong ro would I have to prove myself right??????????

Think about it.
There is no proof that God is not real.

LOL
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#6352 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
There is no proof he is real.. So lets call it a draw you keep your religion and let others live there lives as they wish...Sound good?

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6353 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?
Things that don't exist "prove" they don't exist by not having any detectable effect on our universe. Your deity and the heaven it supposedly lives in are good examples of things that don't exist.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6354 Feb 25, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Fine, just walk off a tall building then. After all, it is just the belief in gravity that keeps it real, right?
Never disregard the miraculous. I know all about gravity. I once watched it in the most amazing action as 8 stories of wood and steel scaffolding collapsed on three people right before my eyes and the only thing separating me from them was the glass wall around the revolving door that I was in when it happened. Before it happened, I was heading for that revolving door when I could have sworn I heard someone call my name. I stopped and looked, nobody that would have been calling me, so... The difference between witness and victim. The person who went through the revolving door when I stopped to look for whoever, died. I watched.

Think about the guy who survived dropping forty odd stories along with a window washers platform. The guy with him understandably died, but he didn't. Sure, what was involved in the mechanism of his survival can be reasoned out, reduced to a series of mathematical formulas and scientific explanations for a wildly improbable series of events that diminished the effects of gravity for one and not the other and if that's all you want to believe in fine, but try and replicate it.

Nottingham, UK

#6355 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The best what?
What am I required to do?
Well, you have the right to remain silent.

Because whatever you say will probably be stupid anyway.

Nottingham, UK

#6356 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?
I always flinch in embarrassment for the believer who trots out,Atheism is just another kind of faith, because its a tacit admission that taking claims on faith is a silly thing to do. When youve succumbed to arguing that the opposition is just as misguided as you are, its time to take a step back and rethink your attitudes.- Amanda Marcotte

Nottingham, UK

#6357 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Not just your god, wetpants.

Also the many other gods and goddesses worshiped by people around the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Tuco Blondie 226,358
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 47 min MUQ1 21,503
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
100% Faith Free 2 hr CunningLinguist 12
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 7 hr Patrick 13
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 13 hr Jaimie 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••