Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

The Worlds Biggest Lie

Northampton, MA

#6322 Feb 24, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Ok here goes a test.....GOD IF YOU ARE REAL SHOW US ALL RIGHT NOW.......
??????????
Wow he did not do anything. PROOF THERE IS NO GOD....
You are a piss poor example of all the possibilities in life that suggest some form of a creator that more than likely exists. Why should it suprise us that one who engages in buggery would mock everyone and anything that believes in the spiritual reality of all living things.
Instead you are too busing poking and blowing other men and claiming that it should qualify as parenting or marriage and in fact you stand not for life at all. Instead you by your own choosing and disease riddled ass are the destroyer and do not champion the continuation of life for our future here on earth.
You narcissistic Eastern European Homofascist Ernst Roehm loving Nazi you.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#6323 Feb 24, 2013
Sorry but you don't get to put your delusion on the same shelf as my reason. Your god delusion goes over there with other zero proof ideas like the monster under the bed, Kraken and pink unicorns. Until there is proof for any god, Kraken, monster under the bed, pink unicorns, the person of reason will not and should not believe.

That isn't being religious that's being sane and stomping your feet screaming you can't prove there isn't a monster under the bed, kraken, pink unicorns, god, isn't an argument. It's the temper tantrum of a petulant child.

Humanity is growing up. Time to put away childish things like god, the monster under the bed, kraken and pink unicorns.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Dolt lets do this very slow so you can keep up.
Believing that no God or gods exist is unprovable.
Believing in something unprovable is called faith.
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
1 a : firm belief in something for which there is no proof
Synonyms: religion
Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6324 Feb 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

Look who's talking.

Wikipedia:
This article is about the food Spam

Spam (shortened from spiced ham) is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.

The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore. Through a Monty Python sketch, in which Spam is portrayed as ubiquitous and inescapable, its name has come to be given to electronic spam, especially spam email.

In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold.

Spam is made in Austin Minnesota and if you note the location of sickofit

LOL. Dolt.
Usually when someone talks of spam on a forum, it means that they are spamming the threads.
Your use of the word "spam," and your expectations of everyone getting your bad joke, show you really have nothing to say.

Montreal

#6325 Feb 24, 2013
Its Jus Me wrote:
<quoted text>Your earthly reality will end all too soon.Your eternal reality will be eternal.Your confidence in man,IE,WE,, and science will lead to disaster...
That's nice, Mister Cray Cray.

Montreal

#6326 Feb 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>He does that often. Sharp as a marble that one.
Then he attempts to justify his use of a word he doesn't understand by talking about the food. He seems to think that he made a funny, when really, he made a not-even-remotely-related-or-f unny.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6328 Feb 24, 2013
A belief in reason is as much of an act of faith as the belief in a God or multiples thereof, neither can itself be fully proved nor disproved and neither disproves the existence of the other.

Scottsburg, IN

#6329 Feb 24, 2013
If you go back an read some of his earlier posts you get a better idea on just how ignorant he is. One of my favorites is when he got busted posting under another screen name KJV. Not only responding to posts made to KJV but even using that screen name's spelling and punctuation errors

When confronted with this his answer was.... Get ready for this... No seriously this was the excuse he used.... It's almost painful how stupid this was.... Ahem... We make the exact same mistakes when posting because we worked together for 35 years.

Seriously he used that excuse. An excuse that a 3rd grade child could see through.

:sigh:
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he attempts to justify his use of a word he doesn't understand by talking about the food. He seems to think that he made a funny, when really, he made a not-even-remotely-related-or-f unny.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Northampton, MA

#6330 Feb 24, 2013
Kinda like our govt right ricky? They enjoy and play God all the time, they even profess in God, don't they?
Judas is the devil

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#6331 Feb 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. In Ideal case a Muslim is one who follows Islam. But when we see Muslims not following teachings of Islam, you will have to differentiate between Islam and Muslims.
No Muslim tries to "recruit" if that is what you mean. We tell the truth about Islam and the sincere souls from all faiths get attracted to it.
2. The sermons are usually about teachings of Quran and sayings of prophet and asking Muslims to adhere to them. It is a sort of 'recharging' our faiths.
3. I do not know what are internal politics of USA. What I know is that thinks do not change much if Idiot A or Idiot B is sitting in the white house. Policies of US are decided by the think tanks who are highly controlled by the Jewish / Zionist lobby.
The people who call themselves Presidents Of USA are only "Show Boys"
1. Hmmmmm. Think I'll just keep rounding off.
2. Usually, but not always?
3. Funny, I thought it was the Military-Industrial complex. In truth, I don't think anybody is controlling anything. They're trying, just not very good at it.
3A. I have to agree. Our Presidents couldn't lead a Scout Troop through a Walmart.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#6332 Feb 24, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Hmmmmm. Think I'll just keep rounding off.
2. Usually, but not always?
3. Funny, I thought it was the Military-Industrial complex. In truth, I don't think anybody is controlling anything. They're trying, just not very good at it.
3A. I have to agree. Our Presidents couldn't lead a Scout Troop through a Walmart.
1. Yeah do it, and tell me when you find a good Muslim.

2. No comment.

3. They are also guided by the Think Tanks. And Think Thanks are guided by the Jewish / Zionist lobbies.

4. You are right, most of US Presidents have had army careers and some involved with CIA and FBI and what not. They are tough cookies, smiles and sweet talking is only for the camera. You should have watched the face of Obama when the "hunt" for OBL was in progress....like a child watching his best video game!!

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6333 Feb 24, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. If all you have to de is beleive and ask in gods names for stuff...YOU WOULD THINK SOMEONE EACH DAY WOULD HAVE ACTS OF GOD MAGIC HAPPENEING AND IT WOULD MAKE THE NEWS.
I agree and it would make real news, like maybe that pitiful little Justin Bieber could be the stud muffin, who is personally making 23,294,611 teeny bopper girls happy (all at the same time), plus some 11,974,210 teeny bopper boys, and several million adults too.

If only those people just knew, that all it takes to move mountains or get down and dirty with the Bieber, is to ask in his name. Nothing is withheld, everything is given, no exceptions (if they believe the actual words in the buybull that is), and don't let any priest or spell caster tell them different. The fault does not lie in thier prayers, hold Jewsus accountable, he promised. Settle for nothing less than what they have prayed for.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6334 Feb 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Dolt lets do this very slow so you can keep up.
faith\ˈfāth\
noun
Did ya get that?
Oh are you still lost?
Yeah that is exactly what he said, how hard is it to understand that by you saying "I believe Grandma's cake will be awesome." is what you call a religious belief? That is what you are saying, it can be proven, but not necessarily so. And saying that "I don't believe aliens rule the world from invisible taco shaped spaceships.", is considered by you to be a religious belief. Those two statements do meet your criteria for the definition.

Scottsburg, IN

#6335 Feb 24, 2013
So the hunt for OBL upset you?

I thought you were trying to be this reasonable semi sane Muslim. You have just shot that to pieces.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yeah do it, and tell me when you find a good Muslim.
2. No comment.
3. They are also guided by the Think Tanks. And Think Thanks are guided by the Jewish / Zionist lobbies.
4. You are right, most of US Presidents have had army careers and some involved with CIA and FBI and what not. They are tough cookies, smiles and sweet talking is only for the camera. You should have watched the face of Obama when the "hunt" for OBL was in progress....like a child watching his best video game!!

Montreal

#6337 Feb 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Ok Dolt lets do this very slow so you can keep up.

faith\ˈfāth\
noun

Did ya get that?

Oh are you still lost?
Disbelief is not belief, simpleton.

Montreal

#6338 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>If you go back an read some of his earlier posts you get a better idea on just how ignorant he is. One of my favorites is when he got busted posting under another screen name KJV. Not only responding to posts made to KJV but even using that screen name's spelling and punctuation errors

When confronted with this his answer was.... Get ready for this... No seriously this was the excuse he used.... It's almost painful how stupid this was.... Ahem... We make the exact same mistakes when posting because we worked together for 35 years.

Seriously he used that excuse. An excuse that a 3rd grade child could see through.

:sigh:
Oh that's nothing...I know a sock juggler that I've been dealing with since August, and others even a year before.
That person shared her name online, then switched accounts (instead of leaving) and acted/spelled/believed the same exact things, obviously a sock.
She says now, finally after admitting it, that she was lying to protect herself.
Funniest part?
She claims to be a devout born-again Christian, and that she never lies.
So pretending you're an entirely different person, and denying you are said original person, is telling the truth, in her books.

She goes under:
YELLODOG
pattiecake58
United in Faith
wrongrighter

And her current sock:
honeysuckle_rose

Now, I might have one or two of those usernames spelled slightly wrong, but those are only those I know of so far...and this is over the period of maybe half a year.

Since: Apr 08

Watford, UK

#6339 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Disbelief is not belief, simpleton.
Christains like longears will often resort to weak word games.

It's the best they can do.

United States

#6340 Feb 25, 2013
Oh the silly games they feel they must play.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's nothing...I know a sock juggler that I've been dealing with since August, and others even a year before.
That person shared her name online, then switched accounts (instead of leaving) and acted/spelled/believed the same exact things, obviously a sock.
She says now, finally after admitting it, that she was lying to protect herself.
Funniest part?
She claims to be a devout born-again Christian, and that she never lies.
So pretending you're an entirely different person, and denying you are said original person, is telling the truth, in her books.
She goes under:
YELLODOG
pattiecake58
United in Faith
wrongrighter
And her current sock:
honeysuckle_rose
Now, I might have one or two of those usernames spelled slightly wrong, but those are only those I know of so far...and this is over the period of maybe half a year.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6341 Feb 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
A belief in reason is as much of an act of faith as the belief in a God or multiples thereof, neither can itself be fully proved nor disproved and neither disproves the existence of the other.
Fine, just walk off a tall building then. After all, it is just the belief in gravity that keeps it real, right?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6342 Feb 25, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Usually when someone talks of spam on a forum, it means that they are spamming the threads.
Your use of the word "spam," and your expectations of everyone getting your bad joke, show you really have nothing to say.
I was talking to some one who lives in the town where Spam is packed.
So I asked him if he enjoyed packing Spam. It is what 95% of the people in that town do for a living. It was you who stuck your nose in and didn't understand. Dolt!

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6343 Feb 25, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
Yup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Being an atheist does not mean being anti-Chri... (Dec '14) 2 min thetruth 52
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min thetruth 255,967
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 7 min thetruth 232
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min thetruth 24,073
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr thetruth 40,472
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr thetruth 16,001
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 hr Patrick 4,657
More from around the web