Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 300)

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

You are free to live by your delusion.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I donÂ’'t believe you can prove to me that a God is not real!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Another dummy at risk of dying to preserve his delusion ... http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02/22/impri...

This is one way that religion is harmful in today's world.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
1. Then you are talking about semantics because, frankly, the distinction escapes me.

2. Good.

3. Check the reports from sub-Saharan Africa. Some of the most violent places on Earth exist where Islam pushes it's way south, deeper into Africa.

4. People in the West suffer the misconception that tolerance and appeasement will dull the sword of Islamic expansionism. I am rather impressed with how Islamic leaders are taking advantage of this fact to "spread the gospel" and infiltrate Western society. Very clever.

5. The "very clever" people in #4 are not blind to the powers of propaganda and a good advertising campaign. Hell, it put someone named Barack Hussein Obama into the presidency of the Great Satan. Incredible. Besides, housecleaning often involves sweeping things under the carpet rather than truly disposing of it.
Ans.

1 & 2. How can one offer comments to these mystic response?

3. It is not Islam which is the cause of problem. It is something different. It is ethnic, racial, linguistic and tribal issues. You re-check your "facts"

4. No one in the west suffers because of "Sword of Islam"… It is the west which is holding the Sword and threatening Muslims and trying to take "revenge" for their humiliation at the hands of Muslims for so many centuries.

Islam has "God given Right" to preach its message to every one in the world. It is not cleverness, it is our "Duty" as a Muslim.

5. Barrak Hossain Obama "declared publicly that he is not a Muslim" what else you people want?

What he did for islam and Muslims in the world since becoming President? Just giving a few speeches (for which he was "awarded" Nobel peace Prize" enough?

Did he not "growled" before Jewish and Zionists lobby in USA that he would do his utmost to guarantee Safety, Security and Integrity of Israel?

And there are so many Christian Priests, and Bishops who have Muslim sounding Names (because they left Islam and accepted Christianity), no one objects why they have Muslim names?

In fact they feel proud and use those Muslim names to use as a "bait" for other Muslims!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Why shouldn't Israel be able to live and exist in peace? Perhaps if Muslims stopped attacking them for a while they wouldn't need to increase their defenses?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
3. It is not Islam which is the cause of problem. It is something different. It is ethnic, racial, linguistic and tribal issues. You re-check your "facts"
4. No one in the west suffers because of "Sword of Islam"… It is the west which is holding the Sword and threatening Muslims and trying to take "revenge" for their humiliation at the hands of Muslims for so many centuries.
Islam has "God given Right" to preach its message to every one in the world. It is not cleverness, it is our "Duty" as a Muslim.
5. Barrak Hossain Obama "declared publicly that he is not a Muslim" what else you people want?
What he did for islam and Muslims in the world since becoming President? Just giving a few speeches (for which he was "awarded" Nobel peace Prize" enough?
Did he not "growled" before Jewish and Zionists lobby in USA that he would do his utmost to guarantee Safety, Security and Integrity of Israel?
And there are so many Christian Priests, and Bishops who have Muslim sounding Names (because they left Islam and accepted Christianity), no one objects why they have Muslim names?
In fact they feel proud and use those Muslim names to use as a "bait" for other Muslims!!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>

It is very simple in a Judaeo-Christian society 'God' means the God of the Bible 'god' means the rest. Should be a simple fact even for a moron like you. The fact that you insist to use 'god' for every thing only proves that you are ignorant of the linguistic rules of the English language.
Since when did Enlish become a Judeao-Christian language? Also, only one third of the world is Christian. Some call Allah a god, some call Thor a god, yet others have called Isis a goddess.

You capitalize YOUR god all you please, the rest of us are not bound by your self imposed rules.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Your loss no one else's.
Ahh, you're finally getting the point! It's a two way street too!

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...
You can't seem to grasp the simple fact that atheism is not an organization. No specified and labeled buildings or required meetings.

I'm sure of course that some atheists have gotten together to discuss their point of view and now you tell me there is a website. Golly gee whiz, I might visit it some day, or I might not. It doesn't really matter.

I quit capitalizing the word when the scales fell from my eyes and I walked away from the church. My right.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Man I'd hate to find myself in room full of neurotic Atheists discussing theology!

What a drag baby.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Its Jus Me wrote:
<quoted text>Hi puppet boy.Long time.Prove to me God is not real..I know you can not because you are just a dumbass follower of idiot men. Sorry but the truth hurts.
Looks like you remember me - that's good, I must have made an impact. I can't say I remember you. No doubt you are one of the many believers who continually fail to leave any impression.

Anyway. You're saying that your god is real because I can't disprove him/her/it?

No doubt your inability to disprove the many other gods that people worship is proof of their existence.

Carry on.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "
What's happening?

Why have you decided to omit the rest of your post?

Especially the bit that says false gods are to use the lowercase *g*.

Given that your god is just as false as the rest of them, you should have no qualms about using lowercase *g*.

Now remember, Charles Darwin is a proper noun and should always start with capital letters.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you remember me - that's good, I must have made an impact. I can't say I remember you. No doubt you are one of the many believers who continually fail to leave any impression.
Anyway. You're saying that your god is real because I can't disprove him/her/it?
No doubt your inability to disprove the many other gods that people worship is proof of their existence.
Carry on.
Hey little wooden bloke!

I looked up your answer and found out that it IS legal over here to do that.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Hey little wooden bloke!
I looked up your answer and found out that it IS legal over here to do that.
Hey! El Stupido!!

Legal to do what?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! El Stupido!!
Legal to do what?
That thing you people do over there with the cumpets.

I'd talk more but I'm older now.I need to drink my apple juice pass gas and roll over and go to sleep.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>That thing you people do over there with the cumpets.
I'd talk more but I'm older now.I need to drink my apple juice pass gas and roll over and go to sleep.
another failed creationist, frustrated at having no proof of god...

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1 % 2 In my way of thinking, there is no difference between Muslims and Islam. It may not be entirely accurate but it is close enough. Like rounding Pi to 3.14. I am glad that you are not recruiting, that is, it makes me glad that you are not trying to "spread" Islam ... merely defending it.

3. " http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/afric... ;. There are many such examples.

4. You're being taught that version of history in what passes for sermons in your Mosques. Sad. We want to buy your oil and we want to sell you Blue Jeans and cheeseburgers.

5. Obama & Biden ... Osama bin Laden ... the Puppet Masters are playing word games. Obama was plucked from political obscurity for several reasons. Can you guess what these reasons might be?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>Since when did Enlish become a Judeao-Christian language? Also, only one third of the world is Christian. Some call Allah a god, some call Thor a god, yet others have called Isis a goddess.

You capitalize YOUR god all you please, the rest of us are not bound by your self imposed rules.
Enlish?

your self = yourself

"your self imposed rules"
The rule in English is to capitalize God when referring to the God of any monotheistic religion.

Listed below are 3 of over 300 reference list on the web if you were to google this question.

Note the first article comes from an atheist web page so your statement "the rest of us are not bound by your self imposed rules" is also incorrect.

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods and goddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, you're finally getting the point! It's a two way street too!
And you're standing in it while a bus is bearing down on you.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlish?
your self = yourself
"your self imposed rules"
[and a bunch of spam taken out for less wasted space]
He made a typo, big deal.
Also, when it comes to "your self," he was correct, and you were wrong.
"Yourself" is improper for he was talking about your self-imposed rules.
He wasn't talking about you, he was talking about your self-imposed rules.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're standing in it while a bus is bearing down on you.
"You're"?
"'He are' standing in it [...]"?
Why don't you learn English before you attempt to pretend you know it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>You can't seem to grasp the simple fact that atheism is not an organization. No specified and labeled buildings or required meetings.

I'm sure of course that some atheists have gotten together to discuss their point of view and now you tell me there is a website. Golly gee whiz, I might visit it some day, or I might not. It doesn't really matter.

I quit capitalizing the word when the scales fell from my eyes and I walked away from the church. My right.
Simple lie!

Wikipedia
"American Atheists is a non-profitorganization in the United States dedicated to defending the civil liberties of atheistsand advocating for the complete separation of church and state"

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1999-04-02...

"The national headquarters of the American Atheists is moving out of its longtime home in Austin, Texas, to a "more civil" home in central New Jersey."

"…[American Atheists] announced today the installation of the George Watley Solar Array on the roof of its headquarters in Cranford, NJ. "

http://firstchurchofatheism.com/

"With the First Church of Atheism you can become ordained quickly, easily, and at no cost,
you will be able to perform weddings, funerals, commitment ceremonies, and other functions that are reserved for members of clergy."

http://atheism.about.com/od/whoareatheists/a/...

"Why Do Any Atheists Go to Church? Why Would Atheists Attend Church Services?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...

"On Sunday, Britain's first atheist churchheld its very first meeting at The Nave"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,981 - 6,000 of14,385
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••