Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 298)

Showing posts 5,941 - 5,960 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Siro

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What happened to the Father, Son & Holy Spirit Trinity thing I was indoctrinated with? Don't tell me it's all BOGUS!!! If the number of statues, paintings, stained glass windows and glow-in-the-dark dash board ornaments are any indication (and really, what else do we have to go by?) then Jesus and his Mom have attained deity status. And if Jehovah-of-Infinite-Love and Allah-of-the-Avenging-Sword are the same person, he really needs therapy. All the worshiping must be really confusing for him. If we really loved him, we'd have seek help.
I'm not a trinitarian.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a trinitarian.
Well ... thank goodness! The mind doth rebel ...

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not the same faith all, you need to do is study the character of the God of the Bible YHVH and that of the muslim god allah. They are not the same in any way.
They're both invisible. They both live in Heaven. They both like virgins!
hatuey

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

iknow how to find out if there are-is gods-god.i did.become a yoga, open your third eye and experience oneness with the supreme spirit, or become a true shaman [without christian input and u will find the spirits of nature and the great spirit.no brainwashing, just practice. find the center.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

hatuey wrote:
iknow how to find out if there are-is gods-god.i did.become a yoga, open your third eye and experience oneness with the supreme spirit, or become a true shaman [without christian input and u will find the spirits of nature and the great spirit.no brainwashing, just practice. find the center.
Self hypnosis.
hatuey

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Self hypnosis.
that's why i said practice, then and only then u will find out.in many of my experiences ihad witnesses so there was no hip notism.dont be afraid to lern. remember, there r multiple dimantions and realms.dont limit the capasity u have.it's at hand.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

hatuey wrote:
<quoted text> that's why i said practice, then and only then u will find out.in many of my experiences ihad witnesses so there was no hip notism.dont be afraid to lern. remember, there r multiple dimantions and realms.dont limit the capasity u have.it's at hand.
Mass delusion.
hatuey

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass delusion.
is that all u have is mass ignorance

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Colin The Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never lie you fail the logic test again so be it.
You only have a passing acquaintance with reality, never mind logic.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Bobby The Great wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a logician attempting logic. There is nothing wrong with my logic nor is 'FUNDIE" an insult. So again you are unable to make any headway.
You are a legend in your own mind. "logician" indeed ... how much does that pay anyway?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, really into trying to make people disrespect every other religion by titling your god as "God."
Your obsession with how people say an imaginary being's name is quite unnatural.
Note: this first one is from an atheist web page, not me. Go ahead and look at it!!

Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

Note: this second one is from Wikipedia not me again! Yup the link is there go look!

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

Note: this one is from a government education web page! Again not me.

"god- Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>This is now the second time I have corrected your logic in about an hour, others have in this thread, not a lie a fact.

Just because you disagree with the logic statement does not make them lies, anyone could say exactly the same for the statements you put in your logic.

For your education: Logic is definitive, it relies on the existence of 2 states, in fact everything in the universe only exists in 2 states. Logic with only one possible outcome is not logical. Logic is in everything.

Here is an example of logic it is an ‘and’ logic statement
A….B….C
0….0….0
0….1….0
1….0….0
1….1….1

Here is an ‘or’ logic statement
A….B….C
0….0….0
0….1….1
1….0….1
1….1….1
Your logic was posted like this
A….B….C
0….0….0
0….x ….0
x….0….0
x ….x …. x
That is not logic as you can see half of it is missing. I corrected that and you did not like that. So now it is time for you to go back to school and either ask for a refund or beg to re-sit several years of education.
Nice!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
....... Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."
http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm
Then until you can prove your god exists, lowercase is correct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Bobby The Great wrote:
<quoted text>He leads such a pathetic existence I really pity him.
Ya no kidding!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>OK then - where is the archaeological evidence on display? Where can I go and see evidence that supports Exodus?
Oh look the block head can type!

"Where can I go and see evidence that supports Exodus?"

Start with Israel!

LMAO!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers....Wonder how your god will think of the post you have posted where you call names and attack people and cut them down...How is that christian love working for you??????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
I like freedom and equality.....So religion is not for me.
So if you live in Austin do you make Spam?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you live in Austin do you make Spam?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...
No I own 5 gas station jiffy lube oil change places. In 3 diff towns around here. Hormel is a great company. They pay workers good and do alot of charity work.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>No I own 5 gas station jiffy lube oil change places. In 3 diff towns around here. Hormel is a great company. They pay workers good and do alot of charity work.
Sure you do!
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do!
I do. Dont care what you think or beleive. Your a nasty mean name calling child.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,941 - 5,960 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••