Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14715 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6073 Feb 21, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>Here are a few pointer that you must have forgotten or maybe you've not
Learned this stuff yet.

"Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' "

http://atheism.about.com/od/doesgodexist/a/ca...

"The use of capitalization, as for a proper noun, has persisted to disambiguate the concept of a singular God, specifically the Christian God, from pagan deities for which lower case god has continued to be applied, mirroring the use of Latin deus. Pronouns referring to God are also often capitalized and are traditionally in the masculine gender, i.e. "He", "Him", "His" etc.[12][13] However, some people have referred to God in feminine terms, such as "She" and "Her". "

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_ (word)

"god-âà Lowercase this when used as a prefix. Examples: godchild, goddaughter, godfather, godlike, godliness, godmother, godsend, godson, godspeed. Do not hyphenate
gods and goddesses âà Capitalize God and similar names of the deity of a monotheistic religion: Allah, God, God the Father, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, the Son of God, the Son of Man, Yahweh. Lowercase the personal pronouns he, him, thee, they, thou, who, whose, in references to monotheistic deities. Lowercase gods andgoddesses in references to the deities of polytheistic religions, but capitalize formal names. Lowercase god in references to false gods. He made money her god."

http://www.gcsu.edu/communications/g.htm
Wow, really into trying to make people disrespect every other religion by titling your god as "God."
Your obsession with how people say an imaginary being's name is quite unnatural.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6074 Feb 21, 2013
Who made up these rules, they are not classical literary nor debatary rules in English. I guess you just made them up to take the heat off me asking you for proof of your little lies, no they are not really little (that would describe your mind) they are in fact whoppers.

My proof once again for you miss-firing mind:
1) Millions of eyewitnesses
2) Millions of eyewitness sworn statement
3) Million of written document
4) Creation
5) Time
6) My personal witness and knowledge.
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you never did.
"God exists" doesn't count as proof, for you didn't prove anything.
Also, before you pretend to know something, maybe you should make sure you actually do know it.
See, "the one claiming a statement is true first" means you are the one who claimed the statement was true, and you were the first one to do so.
Next, "must first provide" means you must provide first, and in this case, what is being provided is evidence.
Or rather, not being provided, for you haven't provided any evidence.
Again, learn English before you correct others' English.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6075 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are confused; it's called sarcasm.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of intelligence. Fits nicely.

Montreal

#6076 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>I have backed up my claims multiple times as have many others but you on the other hand have not nor cannot. If you can then please do.
When did you back up your claims?
You said "proof exists" and that was it, no quotes, no links to sources...nothing.

Montreal

#6077 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure you are not really as stupid as you are trying to look, The God of the Bible created all things form nothing, HP is a figment of a witches imagination written to promote witchcraft to the ignorant like you.
Your god is a fairy tale, a 2000 year old fairy tale. Harry Potter is real, he delivered us from Voldemort!
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6078 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
He just explained it to you, he just proved you wrong.
You and your ilk are always such hypocritical and forgetful creatures.
Ok then so now post the proof that I used that word. I know you cant because I did not use the word 'hell' in Hebrew the concept is called Gehinnom just in case you are to ignorant to know.

Montreal

#6079 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I will do so again I know what I believe is true I know with 100% asurity that the God of the Bible the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob exists and is the creator of everything.

I KNOW THIS TOP BE TRUE
"I know this here top be true, ye mateys!"

Anyway, back to the topic.
Yes, you are right, you DO know your own BELIEFS. But you don't know if your god exists, with actual knowledge based on facts.

Also, asurity isn't a word.
Again, learn English.

Montreal

#6080 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand logic do you, NO I can interact any way I see fit, I will interact with different people here on Topix in different ways, you are a FOOL so I interact with a FOOL like you in this way. Get used to it. FOOL>
...says the one believing what a mistranslated 2000 year old book says without any evidence.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6081 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god is a fairy tale, a 2000 year old fairy tale. Harry Potter is real, he delivered us from Voldemort!
So now I know you are a joker thanks for filling me in.......

Oh no you really believe that ...... No you don't.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6082 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know this here top be true, ye mateys!"
Anyway, back to the topic.
Yes, you are right, you DO know your own BELIEFS. But you don't know if your god exists, with actual knowledge based on facts.
Also, asurity isn't a word.
Again, learn English.
Oh dear here we go again Yes I do know that my God exists, with actual knowledge based on facts. If you don't want to see those facts then your loss not mine.

And yes 'asurity' is a word.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6083 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
I have read this rubbish from you before you have used it so many time and so many people have pointed out the flaw in you logic, I don’t really know if I should do so as so many already have.
This is a lie, no one has found a flaw in this logic.
Bobby The great wrote:
I will repeat what someone else has already told you;
It is recorded in the Torah that God Himself did write on the stone commandment tables. So your entire thing falls over at that point.
Incorrect! and again, no one can produce these tablets so;

3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.

You continue to fail to find a flaw in the logic.
Bobby The great wrote:
Secondly there are more possible statements in your logic; you have chosen to only use a few.
It only takes a few, you have yet to identify a flaw in the logic.
Bobby The great wrote:
Now answer me this in a court of law do the judge, the lawyers, the witnesses and the jury all write down their own words, or is there a scribe to do it for them. The fact that a scribe does it does not disprove the existence of the judge, the lawyers, the witnesses and the jury. Again proof that you logic is flawed.
Judges, lawyers, witnesses and juries are not powerful or knowledgeable enough to transcribe their own testimony in the allotted time.

And AGAIN:

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.

You still fail to find a flaw in the logic.
Bobby The great wrote:
The fact that God chose to interact with mankind through a mediator does not make him any less God.
Actually, yes it does! Why would a God need a mediator? Why would a God need messengers? Why would a God need warriors?

The fact is, a God wouldn't need those things.

EPIC FAIL!!!

You've still got nothing!

Try to read with comprehension next time. You look pretty stupid when I have to re-read it for you.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6084 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
...says the one believing what a mistranslated 2000 year old book says without any evidence.
Lucky for me I am not believing a 'mistranslated 2000 year old book'.

#6085 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
Who made up these rules, they are not classical literary nor debatary rules in English. I guess you just made them up to take the heat off me asking you for proof of your little lies, no they are not really little (that would describe your mind) they are in fact whoppers.
My proof once again for you miss-firing mind:
1) Millions of eyewitnesses
You haven't produced one.
Bobby The great wrote:
2) Millions of eyewitness sworn statement
Bobby The great wrote:
3) Million of written document
Bobby The great wrote:
4) Creation
What creation? You haven't produced any credible evidence of a creator, therefore there can be no creation.
Bobby The great wrote:
5) Time
What about time? You have only shown a great propensity to waste it, but that doesn't prove anything.
Bobby The great wrote:
6) My personal witness and knowledge.
You expect us to believe you were a personal witness of events 2000 years ago? Go Fish!!!
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#6086 Feb 21, 2013
-A JUMPER fUn FaCT.....

Creation is 'nitaerc' spelled backwards.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6087 Feb 21, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
See there you go again, blaming people for your old age a your squirt problems. No big deal, that happens with old age. It will soon be over.
Dookie you are hallucinating again. There is no one but you focused on diapers and pooh. You are Wayne, aren't you? And all this time we've thought you were dead, but now it makes total sense. Death diapers and Dookie. It's Wayne, back from the dead. LOL!
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6088 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie, no one has found a flaw in this logic.
Incorrect! and again, no one can produce these tablets so;
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
You continue to fail to find a flaw in the logic.
It only takes a few, you have yet to identify a flaw in the logic.
Judges, lawyers, witnesses and juries are not powerful or knowledgeable enough to transcribe their own testimony in the allotted time.
And AGAIN:
You still fail to find a flaw in the logic.
Actually, yes it does! Why would a God need a mediator? Why would a God need messengers? Why would a God need warriors?
The fact is, a God wouldn't need those things.
EPIC FAIL!!!
You've still got nothing!
Try to read with comprehension next time. You look pretty stupid when I have to re-read it for you.
1) I proved your logic faulty in my reply, so you are wrong once again
2) God does know where it is and it will be revealed when He chooses to reveal it not in your time.
3) God know what will happen he is running on His time schedule not yours,
4) Your logic is flawed proved by point 2 and 3 above
5) But they do exist, there is enough time, yet they don’t they use scribes.
6) He Knows how and did write the original tables as recorded.
7) God chooses to use people to interact with people, much like a president uses aids to interact with his subjects.
8) God does not NEED them he chooses them. Big difference.
9) You don’t have to re-read anything you have to re-post your rubbish over and over again to try to convince people you know what you are talking about but you do not.
10) Your logic is flawed I proved that and so have 3 other people in this threat (well 3 that I found with a cursory search.). You can post that as often as you like, you obviously like it.
Logic correctly applied would look something like this:
(from your post)
“OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;
2. He did write it down the way described in scripture=> He is God
3. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
4. He is all powerful as described in scripture=> He is God
5. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
6.. He did but someone hid it.=> God knows where it was hidden and will reveal it in His time=> He is God
7. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
8. He did but someone destroyed it.=>God knew it would be destroyed it which is why it is written in so many places today=> He is God
9. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
10. He wrote is as required Man chooses to ignore it, He gave man free will => He is God
11. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.
12. His message is for everyone, everywhere, it is correct (if man translates it so). He exists as described in the Torah=> HE IS GOD.
There you have it better application of logic for every negative you must have a positive. If not the statement is not logical.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6089 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
What creation? You haven't produced any credible evidence of a creator, therefore there can be no creation.
What about time? You have only shown a great propensity to waste it, but that doesn't prove anything.
You expect us to believe you were a personal witness of events 2000 years ago? Go Fish!!!
I have laid it out I do not need to produce anything else to prove anything else, it is now time for you to be a big boy and look for yourself, read the Torah, study the world around you, look into the dimension of time.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#6090 Feb 21, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Well looking at your postings it would seem that you are quite regular and healthy
I doubt that you can make that assumption based on my postings, anymore than Educated Twit can make a cerebral contact with any of my children.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6091 Feb 21, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
-A JUMPER fUn FaCT.....
Creation is 'nitaerc' spelled backwards.
No it's not, Creation backwards would be "noitaerc'

#6092 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
1) I proved your logic faulty in my reply, so you are wrong once again
Bald faced lie
Bobby The great wrote:
2) God does know where it is and it will be revealed when He chooses to reveal it not in your time.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.
Bobby The great wrote:
3) God know what will happen he is running on His time schedule not yours,
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.
Bobby The great wrote:
4) Your logic is flawed proved by point 2 and 3 above
Bald faced lie
Bobby The great wrote:
5) But they do exist, there is enough time, yet they don’t they use scribes.
Bald faced lie, lawyers, judges, juries, witnesses are not trained to record in writing the events in the courtroom in real time. Scribes are required for that reason. If a God has the same limitations then;
Bobby The great wrote:
6) He Knows how and did write the original tables as recorded.
Bobby The great wrote:
7) God chooses to use people to interact with people, much like a president uses aids to interact with his subjects.
A president is not God. Therefore your God is a FAIL!!
Bobby The great wrote:
8) God does not NEED them he chooses them. Big difference.
Bald faced lie. Why would he need to choose them? EPIC FAIL!!
Bobby The great wrote:
9) You don’t have to re-read anything you have to re-post your rubbish over and over again to try to convince people you know what you are talking about but you do not.
Bald faced lie
Bobby The great wrote:
10) Your logic is flawed I proved that and so have 3 other people in this threat (well 3 that I found with a cursory search.). You can post that as often as you like, you obviously like it.
Logic correctly applied would look something like this:
Bald faced lie
Bobby The great wrote:
(from your post)
“........
10. He wrote is as required Man chooses to ignore it, He gave man free will => He is God
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
Bobby The great wrote:
11. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.
Correct! Congratulations!!
Bobby The great wrote:
12. His message is for everyone, everywhere, it is correct (if man translates it so). He exists as described in the Torah=> HE IS GOD.
There you have it better application of logic for every negative you must have a positive. If not the statement is not logical.
Another bald faced lie. I've shown how your feeble counter assertions were already covered in the original presentation. FAIL!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 min Gary Coaldigger 12,710
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min Knowledge- 247,451
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 7 hr woodtick57 47,808
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 9 hr Eagle 12 22
News Atheism, the Bible and sexual orientation 9 hr Eagle 12 8
Proof of God for the Atheist 11 hr Shizle 126
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 16 hr ChristineM 2,353
More from around the web