Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6028 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Potter would not approve of your god.
Good because God does not approve of HP.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6029 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies.
See, when you title your beliefs as facts, that is performing a fallacy.
Ok now let me see according to your logic the world being round is not a fact, very well put for an ignoramus.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#6030 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>The fake non-existent go you lot are always on about should not be capitalised, however the God of the Bible the one and only true living God is capitalised weather you like it or not.
Neither "god" nor "the bible" should be capitalized, that is the way the English language works.
Again with the Alzheimer's; you're the one that complained that people don't capitalize "god."
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#6031 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
So you even deny your own religion more the pity for you then.
Your just a nut job trying to start arguements. No sane person beleives as you do. I can see now your just a BS artist. I am done responding to a child like you. BYE LOSER.

Montreal

#6032 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately for me I have no need of your little 'brownie points'.
I don't give out brownie points, and neither does reality.
You seem to think it does.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6033 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why you used the work "know" when you were only stating your beliefs?
Oh yes the "WORK KNOW" I wonder..........

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6034 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Good because God does not approve of HP.
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." ~ Susan B. Anthony
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6035 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah ah ah, the one claiming a statement is true first must first provide their own evidence. That's the way discussion works; you make a claim, you back it up.
Ok lets look again "true first must first provide" WOW great English once again form the fool.

I did, your turn prove that God does not exist, just one little proof to go with your little mind
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6036 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither "god" nor "the bible" should be capitalized, that is the way the English language works.
Again with the Alzheimer's; you're the one that complained that people don't capitalize "god."
'God' is a title, the capitalised version 'God' is reserved for the only true God.'Bible' is the name of a collection of books, it is a proper noun and is there for capitalised. Come on I expected more form you.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6037 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
As always, people like him tend to have Alzheimer's; they forget what they've posted in the past.
Once again prove where I mentioned the word 'hell' your are making an accusation now prove it.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#6038 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
The fake non-existent go you lot are always on about should not be capitalised, however the God of the Bible the one and only true living God is capitalised weather you like it or not.
The god of the buy-bull is just one of many invented by people.
Weather I like it or not? Well, it's a bit chilly today, so I don't really like it. It should be warmer tomorrow.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6039 Feb 21, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't give out brownie points, and neither does reality.
You seem to think it does.
No you are the one who mentioned brownie points so that makes them part of your little reality.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6040 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your just a nut job trying to start arguements. No sane person beleives as you do. I can see now your just a BS artist. I am done responding to a child like you. BYE LOSER.
Oh shame your side is falling like dead birds and you get the job to throw in the insults, well done.

North Hollywood, CA

#6041 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove they are not real. Prove God is not real prove the Bible is wrong.
There is no evidence for god, so there is no reason to even entertain the idea that he is real.

The buy-bull says that night and day existed before there was a sun, and that plants were growing before there was a sun.

QED
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6042 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of the buy-bull is just one of many invented by people.
Weather I like it or not? Well, it's a bit chilly today, so I don't really like it. It should be warmer tomorrow.
Many have been made up by men, but alas the God of the Bible has not been. He created man kind, man kind went wrong them ma kind turned away from the true God and made false gods.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#6043 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for god, so there is no reason to even entertain the idea that he is real.
The buy-bull says that night and day existed before there was a sun, and that plants were growing before there was a sun.
QED
Why would you not 'entertain the idea that He is real' when He is the creator of all, even you.

I am sure the buy-bull says nothing at all as I doubt if it exists.

As for your line about creation, day and night are measurements of time the sun and moon were placed there to show us that time, time still exists with out the indicators like clocks the sun and moon do not create time.

Yes God created the plants before the heat of the sun warmed the earth, so what, He chose to do it that way and he did.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#6044 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok lets look again "true first must first provide" WOW great English once again form the fool.
I did, your turn prove that God does not exist, just one little proof to go with your little mind
Let's start with the "Facts" your Bible Claims;
1. God is omnipotent
2. God is omniscient
3. God is omnipresent
4. God has a message for all people.

That's what your bible claims right?

OK, so why couldn't your God write down this message himself or otherwise leave a message where all can find it?
There are only a few possibilities to consider;

1. He didn't know how.=> He's not God.
2. He wasn't powerful enough.=> He's not God.
3. He did but someone hid it.=> God doesn't know where it is, could not have known it would be hidden => He's not God.
4. He did but someone destroyed it.=> God didn't know that would happen and could not prevent it => He's not God.
5. He did but man is too limited to understand the message => God didn't make his creatures so they would understand his message AND he didn't write his message so his creatures could understand it => He's not God.
6. God doesn't really have a message for all humans => The bible is completely wrong and does not describe God properly i.e. The God described in the bible does not exist.

There, ONCE AGAIN!! Solid Proof the God described in the Bible does not exist.

North Hollywood, CA

#6045 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you not 'entertain the idea that He is real' when He is the creator of all, even you.
Just asserting he exists isn't proof of squat. Give me some real evidence.
Bobby The great wrote:
I am sure the buy-bull says nothing at all as I doubt if it exists.
Say it out loud. Buy-bull.
Bobby The great wrote:
As for your line about creation, day and night are measurements of time the sun and moon were placed there to show us that time, time still exists with out the indicators like clocks the sun and moon do not create time.
BS. The story clearly says there were light and dark before the sun was created, and there were evening and morning the first day, before the sun was created. Genesis 1:3-5 or thereabouts.
It's clear they didn't know that evening and morning were caused by a point on the earth rotating away from and towards the sun. It's clear they didn't know that moon light was just a reflection of sun light.
Bobby The great wrote:
Yes God created the plants before the heat of the sun warmed the earth, so what, He chose to do it that way and he did.
No, that just shows that the Bronze Age goat herders that wrote the story were ignorant. They didn't know the sun provided the heat and light needed for plant growth. They thought the sun just "ruled" the day. They didn't know that the earth would be around 0 Kelvin without the sun, and that plants wouldn't last for a second under that condition.
Their ignorance was understandable.
What about yours?

Montreal

#6046 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>Prove they are not real. Prove God is not real prove the Bible is wrong.
So what you're saying is you can't back up your claims. Good, we know you're lying when you say it's true.

Montreal

#6047 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>Good because God does not approve of HP.
HP beats your god any day, he can petrify things. Your god can make bushes burn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min ChristineM 228,604
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 13 min Thinking 1,028
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 30 min Thinking 155
Heaven 42 min Thinking 8
Our world came from nothing? 44 min Thinking 727
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Thinking 22,937
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr Thinking 5,939

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE