Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5947 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not getting mad I am laughing at your utter ignorance. If you are so ignorant of God and the Bible to make such stupidly ignorant statements then so be it.
Sorry but you have me wrong I am not a Christian, so lets get than straight.
Yes every work will be judged, and you posted the exact work that will be judged “Fear God, and keep his Torah” DO YOU KEEP HIS Torah, that is faith.
I'm glad you agree that the quotes I lifted from the Bible are stupidly idiotic.

If you can admit that then perhaps we're getting somewhere.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5948 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
In one statement you have just proved your utter ignorance of the subject. All of the above have been archaeologically verified.
ROFLMAO!

You're not for real.

Told you, you're a POE

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5949 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts remain facts and yes the type evidence for the existence of the God of the Bible can be used, lets see what it is
1) countless eye witnesses
2) millions of written documents
3) 4000 years of physical evidence
No problem Terry
Sure... but try and cross examine those countless nameless 'eye-wittnesses' that only exist in the text of the book the prosecutor is going to use against you.

Those "millions of documents" are all interpretations of the original text the prosecutor is going to use against you

4000 years of 'physical' evidences that are claimed to be holy relics and are not aloowed to be examined by your defense attorney, yet will still be used aginst you by the prosecutor.

Yeah... I'm sure having someone claiming they have "faith" that you are guilty based on that type of evidence would be fine and dandy with you.

If all that you say is in fact true, why is there a requirement of 'faith' in religion? After all, no 'faith' is needed if actual evidence exists to support the claims made.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5950 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Islam of that list is a religion...Rest are absense of religion...Dont they educate people where your from???
Has to have a god figure to be a religion...Rest of those are just ideals....
There is no absence of religion is you believe there is no God in heaven then you still believe in another form of god.
You are oh so wrong, each one I mentioned have their respective god figures,
atheism-t here is no god in heaven we are all gods
darwinism and evolutionism evolution and science are god
humanism – we are all gods
materialism – my stuff is my god
Looks like you are the uneducated on or is it perhaps just the blind one.

Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5951 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you agree that the quotes I lifted from the Bible are stupidly idiotic.
If you can admit that then perhaps we're getting somewhere.
You know very well that I did not say that you are stupidly idiotic that is what I said. You are continuing to post from a position of utter ignorance about the subject on hand. I am surprised one so stupid as you are can even type.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#5952 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no absence of religion is you believe there is no God in heaven then you still believe in another form of god.
You are oh so wrong, each one I mentioned have their respective god figures,
atheism-t here is no god in heaven we are all gods
darwinism and evolutionism evolution and science are god
humanism – we are all gods
materialism – my stuff is my god
Looks like you are the uneducated on or is it perhaps just the blind one.
Your 100% wrong...I have NO religion and believe in NO god. Your a fool and ignorant. What you posted is BS and no one will agree with you...Well except other insane fools like you.

I HAVE NO GOD AND DONT THINK ANYONE OR ANYHING IS A GOD..........See your wrong....
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5953 Feb 21, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure... but try and cross examine those countless nameless 'eye-wittnesses' that only exist in the text of the book the prosecutor is going to use against you.
Those "millions of documents" are all interpretations of the original text the prosecutor is going to use against you
4000 years of 'physical' evidences that are claimed to be holy relics and are not aloowed to be examined by your defense attorney, yet will still be used aginst you by the prosecutor.
Yeah... I'm sure having someone claiming they have "faith" that you are guilty based on that type of evidence would be fine and dandy with you.
If all that you say is in fact true, why is there a requirement of 'faith' in religion? After all, no 'faith' is needed if actual evidence exists to support the claims made.
Written and verified factual evidence is used in countless courts across the world every day. When I am judged on this evidence I will be smiling you on the other hand wont be &#61514;.
The physical evidence stands firm and strong for all to see yes even you can do so, No case against me, just you for your stupidity.
You seem to think that I am the one who will be proclaimed guilty no FOOL it is you who will be found guilty.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5954 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 100% wrong...I have NO religion and believe in NO god. Your a fool and ignorant. What you posted is BS and no one will agree with you...Well except other insane fools like you.
I HAVE NO GOD AND DONT THINK ANYONE OR ANYHING IS A GOD..........See your wrong....
Ok then answer me this, are you 100% sure that there is no God are you absolutely sure of your claim?

And then this in what do you place your faith?

I do not know you, for all I know you could be an Auto-Respond computer program in which case you will have no god.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5955 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing about ME Archaeology that supports the existence of your magic sky daddy.
Oh dear there you go, shooting off your putrid little mouth, learn and get right.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5956 Feb 21, 2013
Turd who you kneel before and worship doesn't frighten me anymore than the Kraken. If he truly exists make himself known to us as he supposedly did to ancient sheep kissers. Maybe he is camera shy?
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to call Him anything you like but it will do you no good, you will still have to face Him when your time of judgment comes then you will see the truth. By the way before you get all twisted this is not a threat it is a promise.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5957 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew what you were talking about then you'd know that Middle Eastern archaeology is no friend to the biblical myths.
I know this, they try very hard to hide the truth but it is out there. It has been found it is on display.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5958 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you don't reference them then, huh?
I don't need to I don't deny the facts.

Lexington, KY

#5959 Feb 21, 2013
Well said! They are rather pathetic aren't they?
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Is zero a count? There are no eyewitness accounts only recorded oral traditions from the first century. You've got nothing.
<quoted text>
They are copies of the same book of fables dummy!
<quoted text>
WHAT physical evidence? You and you ilk keep making this claim, but then produce nothing. So I bet that is what you have.

Lexington, KY

#5960 Feb 21, 2013
A Jew that believes in Hellfire? Care to try again?
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not getting mad I am laughing at your utter ignorance. If you are so ignorant of God and the Bible to make such stupidly ignorant statements then so be it.
Sorry but you have me wrong I am not a Christian, so lets get than straight.
Yes every work will be judged, and you posted the exact work that will be judged “Fear God, and keep his Torah” DO YOU KEEP HIS Torah, that is faith.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5961 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
In one statement you have just proved your utter ignorance of the subject. All of the above have been archaeologically verified.
Bobby, you're not fooling anyone. They've been sounded rejected by archaeology.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#5962 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then answer me this, are you 100% sure that there is no God are you absolutely sure of your claim?
And then this in what do you place your faith?
I do not know you, for all I know you could be an Auto-Respond computer program in which case you will have no god.
I AM 1000000000% sure there is no god of any kind.....I dont place faith in any ideal or belief. I do know my wife loves me and so do my kids....THAT IS NOT RELIGION. To me science can and will be wrong. Nothing is sure in life or death.

Location hidden

#5963 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on any drugs, perhaps you need to take you head out of the anti-God pit you are in and look around you to can find the truth if you want to, OH NO but you don't want to that would mean you are not in control of this world any more. By the way you may think you are in control but no you are not, not now not in eternity.
You can't provide any actual evidence for your beliefs, so you're just going to make up motives for the people calling you out on your BS? Not gonna work.

Cough up the evidence. Tell us the credible eyewitnesses you have to support the supernatural events in the Bible.

Location hidden

#5964 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Written and verified factual evidence is used in countless courts across the world every day.
There is no court in the world that would accept anonymous accounts full of absurdities as credible evidence.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5965 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear there you go, shooting off your putrid little mouth, learn and get right.
You've got nothing and you know it, coward.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5966 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to I don't deny the facts.
You don't have any facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Joe fortuna 232,690
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr Eagle 12 2,177
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr _Bad Company 1,437
God' existence 5 hr polymath257 55
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 5 hr polymath257 112
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 6 hr Geezerjock 1
Australia: black magic pervert retard 7 hr Thinking 4
Evidence for God! 9 hr ChristineM 366