Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
5,681 - 5,700 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5907 Feb 21, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Real good. What fact dont you get??? In the USA hundreds of churches close each year. Religion is dying.
What don't you get there are more muslims in the world that christian, fact they are out breeding all other religions including you pathetic lot/.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5908 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS isn't around but I'm sure he won't mind me borrowing his analogy:
Are you shaking your scary chicken on a stick at us?
No mate, my chooks aint scary I am only pointing out facts now get over it. I don't care if you know this fact or not, your denial of nit does not change the facts.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5909 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
If your above statement is correct you must live in constant fear. I feel sorry for you.
One day you will know that there is everlasting fire made just for you.
"Live in constant fear"?

No, that's your department. After all, the Bible is full of instructions telling its readers to fear the god of the Bible.

"Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God."
Leviticus 25:17

"Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name."
Deuteronomy 6:13

"For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God"
Joshua 4:23-24

"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord."
Joshua 23:14

"If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God--good! But if you do not obey the Lord, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you, as it was against your fathers."
1 Samuel 12:14-15

"But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you."
1 Samuel 12:24

"For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens."
1 Chronicles 16:25-26

"So I continued, "What you are doing is not right. Shouldn't you walk in the fear of our God to avoid the reproach of our Gentile enemies?""
Nehemiah 5:9

"Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling."
Psalms 2:11

"The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous."
Psalms 19:9

You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
Psalms 22:23

"Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them."
Psalms 25:12-14

"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."
Psalms 31:19

"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm."
Psalms 33:8-9

No wonder Christians will often refer to themselves as "God-fearing". They use that term to describe themselves all the time. Always "God-fearing" and never "God-loving".

Nottingham, UK

#5910 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to, I know it's all real.
The voices in your head don't count as evidence.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5911 Feb 21, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Would you accept the same type of evidence you use to proclaim your 'god' as 'real' to be used against you in a trial?
Facts remain facts and yes the type evidence for the existence of the God of the Bible can be used, lets see what it is
1) countless eye witnesses
2) millions of written documents
3) 4000 years of physical evidence

No problem Terry
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5912 Feb 21, 2013
I guess you know nothing of God or the Fear of God, what you have to do is dread your future I don't, who wins me, who is ignorant you. So FOOL get off your high horse and dive back into the sewage you came from.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Live in constant fear"?
No, that's your department. After all, the Bible is full of instructions telling its readers to fear the god of the Bible.
"Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the Lord your God."
Leviticus 25:17
"Fear the Lord your God, serve him only and take your oaths in his name."
Deuteronomy 6:13
"For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God"
Joshua 4:23-24
"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your forefathers worshiped beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord."
Joshua 23:14
"If you fear the Lord and serve and obey him and do not rebel against his commands, and if both you and the king who reigns over you follow the Lord your God--good! But if you do not obey the Lord, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you, as it was against your fathers."
1 Samuel 12:14-15
"But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you."
1 Samuel 12:24
"For great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the Lord made the heavens."
1 Chronicles 16:25-26
"So I continued, "What you are doing is not right. Shouldn't you walk in the fear of our God to avoid the reproach of our Gentile enemies?""
Nehemiah 5:9
"Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling."
Psalms 2:11
"The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous."
Psalms 19:9
You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
Psalms 22:23
"Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them."
Psalms 25:12-14
"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."
Psalms 31:19
"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm."
Psalms 33:8-9
No wonder Christians will often refer to themselves as "God-fearing". They use that term to describe themselves all the time. Always "God-fearing" and never "God-loving".
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5913 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The voices in your head don't count as evidence.
At least I have 'voices in my head' your head is far to empty even for voices.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5914 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
If your above statement is correct you must live in constant fear. I feel sorry for you.
One day you will know that there is everlasting fire made just for you.
Fear of what? There is no everlasting fire and you have no evidence there is.

Nottingham, UK

#5915 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
No mate, my chooks aint scary I am only pointing out facts now get over it. I don't care if you know this fact or not, your denial of nit does not change the facts.
When a primitive witch doctor tries to scare people he ties a dead chicken to a stick and shakes it at people.

By threatening people with eternal pain, you're shaking your scary chicken on a stick and you know what? It's just as ineffectual as the primitive witch doctor.

#5916 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to, I know it's all real.
Then you should have no problem proving your claims. I'll wait ....

#5917 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
Facts remain facts and yes the type evidence for the existence of the God of the Bible can be used, lets see what it is
Is zero a count? There are no eyewitness accounts only recorded oral traditions from the first century. You've got nothing.
Bobby The great wrote:
They are copies of the same book of fables dummy!
Bobby The great wrote:
No problem Terry
WHAT physical evidence? You and you ilk keep making this claim, but then produce nothing. So I bet that is what you have.

#5918 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When a primitive witch doctor tries to scare people he ties a dead chicken to a stick and shakes it at people.
By threatening people with eternal pain, you're shaking your scary chicken on a stick and you know what? It's just as ineffectual as the primitive witch doctor.
It works better if you scream "Ooogah Boogah" at the same time.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#5919 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
What don't you get there are more muslims in the world that christian, fact they are out breeding all other religions including you pathetic lot/.
Maybe more muslims but as a whole all religion is dying out...that is fact.

Nottingham, UK

#5920 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem Terry
POE

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5921 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem Terry
Having many copies of written documents isn't evidence that the content of those documents is true.

You don't have 1 or 3.

Nottingham, UK

#5922 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
I guess you know nothing of God or the Fear of God, what you have to do is dread your future I don't, who wins me, who is ignorant you. So FOOL get off your high horse and dive back into the sewage you came from.
<quoted text>
Getting mad, eh?

Don't blame me, blame the Bible.

After all, I'm only quoting what it says.

Here's another one:

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

There's that "fear God" thing again. You Christians sure got a lot of fear going on. LOL

By the way.

Did you read the bit about how it's every work that gets judged?

Nothing to do with faith.

Nottingham, UK

#5923 Feb 21, 2013
Bobby The great wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I have 'voices in my head' your head is far to empty even for voices.
You've got a god-shaped vacuum in your head.

Nottingham, UK

#5924 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
It works better if you scream "Ooogah Boogah" at the same time.
Lol

Yes, I agree.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5925 Feb 21, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fear of what? There is no everlasting fire and you have no evidence there is.
See as thou you are the denier of fact, that would be your problem not mine.
Bobby The great

Auckland, New Zealand

#5926 Feb 21, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No once again no dead chickens just facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Thinking 226,606
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 35 min Eman 21,541
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Givemeliberty 1
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 2 hr greymouser 5,922
It seems there are more Atheists in the Christi... (Jun '13) 2 hr Mikko 18
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 2 hr Mikko 63
Our world came from nothing? 11 hr Thinking 438
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••