Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
5,621 - 5,640 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
First, tell me what difference the degrees I have make.
If an idea and the truth stand on their own merit, they should make no difference at all.
I'll wait for your answer ......
any one have an emery board I can borrow?
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman? Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

You keep avoiding this but it doesn't matter who said Jesus existed, it's the proof they are able to present. Bart's proof is because Paul said so yet he admits Paul never met Jesus.

Is it sinking through yet?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman? Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Argument from authority logical fallacy. Sorry you either have secular proof or you don't.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at this from an academic standpoint as Professor Ehrman does. Now you can argue he is "biased" to beleive, perhaps he is...but the flip side of that is a "bias" not to beleive. He has spent a great deal of his adult life studying, teaching, and writing about early Christianity. It's accurate to say he is an expert in his field. If he, which he has, expresses the belief that Jesus existed, why should anyone not consider the possiblity that he is right? We're not talking about some guy that has a velvet Jesus on the wall of his trailer.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman?

That is indeed possible, if he presents verifiable evidence, which he hasn't.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?
Not any kind of real validation as in verifiable evidence. More like "validation" as in "emotional support for believing in silly crap".

"Those who can convince us of absurdity can lead us to commit atrocity." ~Voltaire

Christianity has proven Voltaire correct in this statement many, many, many times.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! But Reason Petrified needs adult diapers because at her age she can't control her poop. Problem is, it comes from her back side and her mouth. Lol! Her nickname is Fecal.
Projection, projection, projection.

You said it and I agreed, with you I don't know shit. Now I appreciate the Christain urge to share, but friend the Dookie, is all yours.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well I do not know your racial background.
Only that idiots come in all colors.
My race: Human. Is there any other?

And by "idiot" you would be meaning yourself, of course. After all you have repeatedly proven to be one.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Ah...but I'm still here.And that must tell you that no matter how much you dislike me,that I think you are peachy-king!
It only tells me that you are an idiot, and you've done it again. Learn English, before attempting to use it.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
You may note, between paranoid delusions, that most of the Middle East loves to brandish their AK47's ... mass produced by your Russian/Chinese friends. I'd start there with finger pointing regarding who is "fanning" your internal squabbles.

It's rather difficult to "like" someone who is basically saying "convert to my primitive religion or I will kill you". Not in my neighborhood anyway, where it's more like "I'm okay, you're okay". Of course, as news of such practices as "thighing", female genitalia mutilation and how y'all treat your Ethiopian servants, etc. leak out, it becomes even more difficult. Y'all have A LOT of housecleaning to do before you're going to win any popularity contests.
Ans.

1. I am talking about Islam and not Muslims.

2. I am not in a popularity contest and I do not want to win any converts by hook or crook.

3. I do not know that any one is holding guns to any one telling "believe in Islam or I shoot".

4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.

5. Housecleaning is an on going job and we are doing it, but that does not mean we should not speak in the market places.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

We have organisations to help people that leave islam. I believe they'd be illegal in repressed saudi.

ex-muslim.org .uk
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
2. I am not in a popularity contest and I do not want to win any converts by hook or crook.
3. I do not know that any one is holding guns to any one telling "believe in Islam or I shoot".
4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.
5. Housecleaning is an on going job and we are doing it, but that does not mean we should not speak in the market places.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at this from an academic standpoint as Professor Ehrman does. Now you can argue he is "biased" to beleive, perhaps he is...but the flip side of that is a "bias" not to beleive. He has spent a great deal of his adult life studying, teaching, and writing about early Christianity. It's accurate to say he is an expert in his field. If he, which he has, expresses the belief that Jesus existed, why should anyone not consider the possiblity that he is right? We're not talking about some guy that has a velvet Jesus on the wall of his trailer.
Because he hasn't provided any evidence to back up his claim.
All he said was "one person might have existed and they believed in Jesus, therefore Jesus is real."

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Then you are talking about semantics because, frankly, the distinction escapes me.

2. Good.

3. Check the reports from sub-Saharan Africa. Some of the most violent places on Earth exist where Islam pushes it's way south, deeper into Africa.

4. People in the West suffer the misconception that tolerance and appeasement will dull the sword of Islamic expansionism. I am rather impressed with how Islamic leaders are taking advantage of this fact to "spread the gospel" and infiltrate Western society. Very clever.

5. The "very clever" people in #4 are not blind to the powers of propaganda and a good advertising campaign. Hell, it put someone named Barack Hussein Obama into the presidency of the Great Satan. Incredible. Besides, housecleaning often involves sweeping things under the carpet rather than truly disposing of it.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Projection, projection, projection.

You said it and I agreed, with you I don't know shit. Now I appreciate the Christain urge to share, but friend the Dookie, is all yours.
Admission about you being dumb and defeated is accepted. Hope your funeral is a great one.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Admission about you being dumb and defeated is accepted. Hope your funeral is a great one.
Oh it will be. Only it's called a memorial by some, but it's called a wake by my nearest and dearest.

So again Dookie, what's with the projecting? You got nothing for yourself, do you ..... except for the shit slinging. Do you wash your hands before meals?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

<quoted text>It only tells me that you are an idiot, and you've done it again. Learn English, before attempting to use it.
I sure wish we could line up our posting schedules a lot better than this.

You have many interesting point I wish to debate with you in a manner more civil than this.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Do you really think that the west will throw away their secular societies and laws on equality and replace it with barbaric superstitions like Islam?

You're crazy

Go draw some pictures of Mohammed
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
We have organisations to help people that leave islam. I believe they'd be illegal in repressed saudi.
ex-muslim.org .uk
<quoted text>
It is like you open a shop selling "kosher pigs" in Israel. You will get lots and lots of customers.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that the west will throw away their secular societies and laws on equality and replace it with barbaric superstitions like Islam?
You're crazy
Go draw some pictures of Mohammed
They have to, otherwise they will just decline into oblivion. Already more than 50 % of their children is bastards, soon it might rise to 80-90 %. If a nation has 80-90 % Bastards, what can you expect from them.

The rest would be Sodomites and Lesbians.

What would be future of such a society?

May be YOU are optimistic.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to, otherwise they will just decline into oblivion. Already more than 50 % of their children is bastards, soon it might rise to 80-90 %. If a nation has 80-90 % Bastards, what can you expect from them.
Sounds like Yemen!

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Oh it will be. Only it's called a memorial by some, but it's called a wake by my nearest and dearest.

So again Dookie, what's with the projecting? You got nothing for yourself, do you ..... except for the shit slinging. Do you wash your hands before meals?
Your funeral will be called a "Good Riddance" celebration. Are you obsessed with poop? Just wear depends.
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Actually, it's really nice.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 17 min waaasssuuup 224,042
Our world came from nothing? 31 min Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 1 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 1 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 1 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr Patrick 21,382
•••
•••