Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5845 Feb 19, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
First, tell me what difference the degrees I have make.
If an idea and the truth stand on their own merit, they should make no difference at all.
I'll wait for your answer ......
any one have an emery board I can borrow?
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman? Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5846 Feb 19, 2013
You keep avoiding this but it doesn't matter who said Jesus existed, it's the proof they are able to present. Bart's proof is because Paul said so yet he admits Paul never met Jesus.

Is it sinking through yet?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman? Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5847 Feb 19, 2013
Argument from authority logical fallacy. Sorry you either have secular proof or you don't.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at this from an academic standpoint as Professor Ehrman does. Now you can argue he is "biased" to beleive, perhaps he is...but the flip side of that is a "bias" not to beleive. He has spent a great deal of his adult life studying, teaching, and writing about early Christianity. It's accurate to say he is an expert in his field. If he, which he has, expresses the belief that Jesus existed, why should anyone not consider the possiblity that he is right? We're not talking about some guy that has a velvet Jesus on the wall of his trailer.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5848 Feb 19, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
One other point, will a person who doesn't believe Jesus existed, be convinced by someone like Professor Ehrman?


That is indeed possible, if he presents verifiable evidence, which he hasn't.
Pietro Armando wrote:
Will someone who does believe Jesus existed find validation of his/her belief in Bart Ehrman's work/books?
Not any kind of real validation as in verifiable evidence. More like "validation" as in "emotional support for believing in silly crap".

"Those who can convince us of absurdity can lead us to commit atrocity." ~Voltaire

Christianity has proven Voltaire correct in this statement many, many, many times.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5849 Feb 19, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! But Reason Petrified needs adult diapers because at her age she can't control her poop. Problem is, it comes from her back side and her mouth. Lol! Her nickname is Fecal.
Projection, projection, projection.

You said it and I agreed, with you I don't know shit. Now I appreciate the Christain urge to share, but friend the Dookie, is all yours.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5850 Feb 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Well I do not know your racial background.
Only that idiots come in all colors.
My race: Human. Is there any other?

And by "idiot" you would be meaning yourself, of course. After all you have repeatedly proven to be one.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5851 Feb 19, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Ah...but I'm still here.And that must tell you that no matter how much you dislike me,that I think you are peachy-king!
It only tells me that you are an idiot, and you've done it again. Learn English, before attempting to use it.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5852 Feb 20, 2013
RHill wrote:
You may note, between paranoid delusions, that most of the Middle East loves to brandish their AK47's ... mass produced by your Russian/Chinese friends. I'd start there with finger pointing regarding who is "fanning" your internal squabbles.

It's rather difficult to "like" someone who is basically saying "convert to my primitive religion or I will kill you". Not in my neighborhood anyway, where it's more like "I'm okay, you're okay". Of course, as news of such practices as "thighing", female genitalia mutilation and how y'all treat your Ethiopian servants, etc. leak out, it becomes even more difficult. Y'all have A LOT of housecleaning to do before you're going to win any popularity contests.
Ans.

1. I am talking about Islam and not Muslims.

2. I am not in a popularity contest and I do not want to win any converts by hook or crook.

3. I do not know that any one is holding guns to any one telling "believe in Islam or I shoot".

4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.

5. Housecleaning is an on going job and we are doing it, but that does not mean we should not speak in the market places.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#5853 Feb 20, 2013
We have organisations to help people that leave islam. I believe they'd be illegal in repressed saudi.

ex-muslim.org .uk
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. I am talking about Islam and not Muslims.
2. I am not in a popularity contest and I do not want to win any converts by hook or crook.
3. I do not know that any one is holding guns to any one telling "believe in Islam or I shoot".
4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.
5. Housecleaning is an on going job and we are doing it, but that does not mean we should not speak in the market places.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5854 Feb 20, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at this from an academic standpoint as Professor Ehrman does. Now you can argue he is "biased" to beleive, perhaps he is...but the flip side of that is a "bias" not to beleive. He has spent a great deal of his adult life studying, teaching, and writing about early Christianity. It's accurate to say he is an expert in his field. If he, which he has, expresses the belief that Jesus existed, why should anyone not consider the possiblity that he is right? We're not talking about some guy that has a velvet Jesus on the wall of his trailer.
Because he hasn't provided any evidence to back up his claim.
All he said was "one person might have existed and they believed in Jesus, therefore Jesus is real."

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5855 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. I am talking about Islam and not Muslims.
2. I am not in a popularity contest and I do not want to win any converts by hook or crook.
3. I do not know that any one is holding guns to any one telling "believe in Islam or I shoot".
4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.
5. Housecleaning is an on going job and we are doing it, but that does not mean we should not speak in the market places.
1. Then you are talking about semantics because, frankly, the distinction escapes me.

2. Good.

3. Check the reports from sub-Saharan Africa. Some of the most violent places on Earth exist where Islam pushes it's way south, deeper into Africa.

4. People in the West suffer the misconception that tolerance and appeasement will dull the sword of Islamic expansionism. I am rather impressed with how Islamic leaders are taking advantage of this fact to "spread the gospel" and infiltrate Western society. Very clever.

5. The "very clever" people in #4 are not blind to the powers of propaganda and a good advertising campaign. Hell, it put someone named Barack Hussein Obama into the presidency of the Great Satan. Incredible. Besides, housecleaning often involves sweeping things under the carpet rather than truly disposing of it.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5856 Feb 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Projection, projection, projection.

You said it and I agreed, with you I don't know shit. Now I appreciate the Christain urge to share, but friend the Dookie, is all yours.
Admission about you being dumb and defeated is accepted. Hope your funeral is a great one.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5857 Feb 20, 2013
Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Admission about you being dumb and defeated is accepted. Hope your funeral is a great one.
Oh it will be. Only it's called a memorial by some, but it's called a wake by my nearest and dearest.

So again Dookie, what's with the projecting? You got nothing for yourself, do you ..... except for the shit slinging. Do you wash your hands before meals?
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#5858 Feb 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It only tells me that you are an idiot, and you've done it again. Learn English, before attempting to use it.
I sure wish we could line up our posting schedules a lot better than this.

You have many interesting point I wish to debate with you in a manner more civil than this.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#5859 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
4. The fact is people in west are accepting Islam and this is what has sent "shock wave" to you people.
Do you really think that the west will throw away their secular societies and laws on equality and replace it with barbaric superstitions like Islam?

You're crazy

Go draw some pictures of Mohammed
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5860 Feb 20, 2013
Thinking wrote:
We have organisations to help people that leave islam. I believe they'd be illegal in repressed saudi.
ex-muslim.org .uk
<quoted text>
It is like you open a shop selling "kosher pigs" in Israel. You will get lots and lots of customers.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5861 Feb 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that the west will throw away their secular societies and laws on equality and replace it with barbaric superstitions like Islam?
You're crazy
Go draw some pictures of Mohammed
They have to, otherwise they will just decline into oblivion. Already more than 50 % of their children is bastards, soon it might rise to 80-90 %. If a nation has 80-90 % Bastards, what can you expect from them.

The rest would be Sodomites and Lesbians.

What would be future of such a society?

May be YOU are optimistic.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5863 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to, otherwise they will just decline into oblivion. Already more than 50 % of their children is bastards, soon it might rise to 80-90 %. If a nation has 80-90 % Bastards, what can you expect from them.
The rest would be Sodomites and Lesbians.
What would be future of such a society?
May be YOU are optimistic.
Sounds like Yemen!

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#5864 Feb 20, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Oh it will be. Only it's called a memorial by some, but it's called a wake by my nearest and dearest.

So again Dookie, what's with the projecting? You got nothing for yourself, do you ..... except for the shit slinging. Do you wash your hands before meals?
Your funeral will be called a "Good Riddance" celebration. Are you obsessed with poop? Just wear depends.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

#5865 Feb 20, 2013
Actually, it's really nice.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to, otherwise they will just decline into oblivion. Already more than 50 % of their children is bastards, soon it might rise to 80-90 %. If a nation has 80-90 % Bastards, what can you expect from them.
The rest would be Sodomites and Lesbians.
What would be future of such a society?
May be YOU are optimistic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Thinking 229,859
Our world came from nothing? 25 min Thinking 1,002
Islam for peace, or violence? 26 min Thinking 24
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr fadu singh 22,979
Man center of the universe. 2 hr Thinking 85
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Fri Thinking 6
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Oct 16 Mikko 1,401

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE