Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14730 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5770 Feb 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you are unaware of the reference.
Apparently you are terrible at trolling.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5771 Feb 17, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Naw...YOU are a 'facade'! what ever that is.
So if I'm so uneducated,how could I know the meaning of hate?
All I feel is love and pity for you.
And that's the saddest part of this whole situation.
Idiot. Facade is a first and second grade word.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#5772 Feb 17, 2013
Anti atheist wrote:
I'm sure America and Israel blowing up kids to pieces is a lot better isn't it you sick freak !
At least the USA,(like any other broadly representative government) is motivated by its electorate to make the world a safer and more peaceful place. Representative governments do this best, however imperfectly.

Religious dogmas like Islamism and Zionism are the dangers to peace. My experience is that its difficult to reason with people who 'know Allah', or who know that god-gave them (whatever they imagine she gave them).

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5773 Feb 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you, you better see a mental doctor and tell that 25 hours a day, you see people "thighing" their babies and infants.
May be he will find a cure for you.
Why do you not focus on how many people are murdered each day in the whole world?
Just make their count and lament on this thread for so many lives lost each day.
That might take your mind off the "thighing of infants and children" for a while.
PS:
Are you the "Only Mother" on this thread? I did not see any one so bothered about "Thighing"? Did some one did any thing to your child? That might make a sense of your non sense.
I would think that Christian and Atheist alike would find Pedophilic Priests and baby "thighing" camel jocks repugnant. I was unaware of the practice and your religion's endorsement of it until it was brought up here. I wish I could somehow unlearn of it. Like Reason Personified, I look for your condemnation of the practice, but then ... you can't can you? All you can do is compare it to other evils and hope that it somehow loses significance. I personally find ANY sexual contact or congress between ANY adult and ANY child grossly inappropriate and deserving the application of baseball bat justice.

Of course, in the case of Islam, thighing is clearly the first step in an organized and carefully laid out program for the total oppression and subjugation of women. It is upon these broken bodies and psyches that Islamic men hope to elevate themselves to the level of civilized humanity. Well, it ain't working Achmed, in fact, it's having the opposite effect. It will be a GREAT DAY when your women folk pick up your carelessly lain swords and put you azzwipes in your place. Anything the Western world can do to hasten that day is worth the sacrifice.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#5774 Feb 17, 2013
Muq's argument is the typical Islamic argument of... Hey just look at something worse and forget about your original target. I have been around several Muslims and couldn't walk 2 steps in college back in the day without bumping into a Muslim asking me what did I know about the prophet. Or how Islam is so powerful.

Yawn!
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that Christian and Atheist alike would find Pedophilic Priests and baby "thighing" camel jocks repugnant. I was unaware of the practice and your religion's endorsement of it until it was brought up here. I wish I could somehow unlearn of it. Like Reason Personified, I look for your condemnation of the practice, but then ... you can't can you? All you can do is compare it to other evils and hope that it somehow loses significance. I personally find ANY sexual contact or congress between ANY adult and ANY child grossly inappropriate and deserving the application of baseball bat justice.
Of course, in the case of Islam, thighing is clearly the first step in an organized and carefully laid out program for the total oppression and subjugation of women. It is upon these broken bodies and psyches that Islamic men hope to elevate themselves to the level of civilized humanity. Well, it ain't working Achmed, in fact, it's having the opposite effect. It will be a GREAT DAY when your women folk pick up your carelessly lain swords and put you azzwipes in your place. Anything the Western world can do to hasten that day is worth the sacrifice.
Siro

Ashfield, Australia

#5775 Feb 17, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Muq's argument is the typical Islamic argument of... Hey just look at something worse and forget about your original target. I have been around several Muslims and couldn't walk 2 steps in college back in the day without bumping into a Muslim asking me what did I know about the prophet. Or how Islam is so powerful.
Yawn!
<quoted text>
In other words you did time in prison.
Way ta go dawg! Youse da mannnnnnnnnn!

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5776 Feb 17, 2013
Anti atheist wrote:
I'm sure America and Israel blowing up kids to pieces is a lot better isn't it you sick freak !
Instead of "Anti atheist" you should go with "True Believer" or "True Christian" (or something along those lines) since the "anti-anything that shines a negative light on religion" would be implied.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5777 Feb 17, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of "Anti atheist" you should go with "True Believer" or "True Christian" (or something along those lines) since the "anti-anything that shines a negative light on religion" would be implied.
I found this site a while ago, people on it title themselves as "True Christians."
Take a look, why don't you:
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php...
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#5778 Feb 17, 2013
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion??

Education but most of all "THINKING" will prevail.

This terrifies the clergy. They will have to look for a non parasitic job!

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5779 Feb 17, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion??

Education but most of all "THINKING" will prevail.

This terrifies the clergy. They will have to look for a non parasitic job!
Look at where most of the bible thumpers are, look at where the Bible Belt is; along the areas with the lowest education rate.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5780 Feb 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooger Booger
Are you familiar with the man's work? Do a little web research.
I know conclusion bias when I see it. The man's a religious dweeb.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5781 Feb 17, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
I take offence!
I am very well educated!
home schooling doesnt count
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#5782 Feb 17, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot. Facade is a first and second grade word.
Yea!
Just like the 'grade' of horse-meat you guys have been eating.
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#5783 Feb 17, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
home schooling doesnt count
Neither does peaking in women's rest rooms,but you sure learned to spell.
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#5784 Feb 17, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea!
Just like the 'grade' of horse-meat you guys have been eating.
A Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had a £5 bet
each way!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#5785 Feb 17, 2013
Brit Expat wrote:
<quoted text>
A Waitress in Tesco asked if I wanted anything on my Burger. So I had a £5 bet
each way!
lol! Yes. Some things need no translation.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5786 Feb 17, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
I know conclusion bias when I see it. The man's a religious dweeb.
Oh but of course oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Oogah Boogah. What discipline is your Ph.D in?
Brit Expat

Villevieille, France

#5787 Feb 17, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but of course oh Wise and Wonderful Wizard of Oogah Boogah. What discipline is your Ph.D in?
Hmmm, Mine is in common sense, not to mention science. What about yours? Surely not religion?

The Atheist.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#5788 Feb 17, 2013
RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus have any older brothers or sisters? LOL
Yes, he had a brother named Craig Christ....

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#5789 Feb 17, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You can get away free with killing another person, or you can go to death row, depending on the answer to,..."why?".
Powerful, for something that doesn't exist.
Yes, self defense, acts of war and stopping someone from the commission of a crime (say throwing a lit molotov cocktail into a crowd) is a reasonably good answer to "why".

Anger, greed, jealousy, criminal negligence, etc., are not really answers, they are merely rationalizations. That's why we have laws saying which "why" lets a person go free or to death row.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 min Eagle 12 18,489
Good arguments against Christianity 7 min Pariah 167
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 44 min woodtick57 21,119
A Universe from Nothing? 55 min u196533dm 461
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 1 hr Richardfs 3,830
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Patrick 10,047
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr One way or another 43,127
News Why I quit atheism 8 hr Thinking 694
More from around the web