Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
5,521 - 5,540 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>You had better respect him, or he will make you eat your children.

Leviticus 26:29
Oh but that is the moral thing to do, how could the bible EVER be wrong?

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>If You don't mind please...leave your comments to those who have adressed YOU.
It's a public forum, people can respond to anyone they want to.

Deal with it.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

RHill wrote:
<quoted text>
We had to invent gods to provide the "why" factor which everyday experience shows does not exist. How, when and where are better questions.
and we don't know ye is often the best answer. to be content with not knowing is the best replacement with a false claim to know. to be inquiring should not be dominated by the need to know, since that is a road that could lead to a hurried false conclusion. to be inquiring should be dominated by the need to knquire! atheism that is defined as knwoing there is no God - however defined - is a form of needing to know. atheism that is merely not believing, and is happily content with not claiming to know for sure, is agnostic atheism, and the sensible alternative which allows for inquiry - with out rushing to judgment about anything. The only thing we need to rush to judgment on is what the risk is if we are mistaken about something and act upon that mistake. so risk assessment must replace firm belief in many instances. particularly the global warming issue, and the need for a priority on searching for asteroids that might collide with earth. it is not necessary to have a belief about this, only a risk assessment of how bad it would be if we were sanguine and mistaken.

I do not think this applies to the socalled risk of going to hell if we do not believe in a God. since the God that would send us to hell for not believing in it would be a bad God not worth believing in. better separation from such a god than proximity to it. the "devil" could not be much worse than such a deity, and would be far more interesting, one suspects!

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
You can get away free with killing another person, or you can go to death row, depending on the answer to,..."why?".
Powerful, for something that doesn't exist.
We're not talking about the various and mundane reasons people do what they do. Me & Pietro talking cosmic "Why's" here, Bucko.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died 2000 years ago and about this human is only very little known. The scriptures are full of fakes, lies and errors. The mighty and rich one have manipulated in the last milleniums whatever they liked in their own interests!
Of course. I was making a joke regarding the Virgin Birth. All of Jesus' brothers (and sisters) would have to be younger.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a public forum, people can respond to anyone they want to.
Deal with it.
Laces out.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are prostate glands Islamic?
They were but since the renaming of Skene's gland, I'm not so sure.

Texas, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> and we don't know ye is often the best answer. to be content with not knowing is the best replacement with a false claim to know. to be inquiring should not be dominated by the need to know, since that is a road that could lead to a hurried false conclusion. to be inquiring should be dominated by the need to knquire! atheism that is defined as knwoing there is no God - however defined - is a form of needing to know. atheism that is merely not believing, and is happily content with not claiming to know for sure, is agnostic atheism, and the sensible alternative which allows for inquiry - with out rushing to judgment about anything. The only thing we need to rush to judgment on is what the risk is if we are mistaken about something and act upon that mistake. so risk assessment must replace firm belief in many instances. particularly the global warming issue, and the need for a priority on searching for asteroids that might collide with earth. it is not necessary to have a belief about this, only a risk assessment of how bad it would be if we were sanguine and mistaken.
I do not think this applies to the socalled risk of going to hell if we do not believe in a God. since the God that would send us to hell for not believing in it would be a bad God not worth believing in. better separation from such a god than proximity to it. the "devil" could not be much worse than such a deity, and would be far more interesting, one suspects!
'We don't know' sucks as an answer. Almost as bad as Godidit. The evidence for Global Warming seems indisputable. As is the evidence that it has happened many times, geologically speaking, before humans could have been involved. The world remaining an ideal habitat for Mankind forever would only happen if the "designer" had built in certain safeguards. He did not. Oops. We seem to be, alas, at the mercy of forces that we cannot control. I suggest we all relax and move inland. Or Cap & Trade ... that might work. LOL

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Laces out.
Your troll skills are to be admired!
[/sarcasm]

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your troll skills are to be admired!
[/sarcasm]
Apparently you are unaware of the reference.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>I know some atheists personally and they are wonderful people that have allowed me into their living room over a many nights of cold beer.
So I can say that there are some azzes out there as yourself who give you guys a bad wrap.
Do they know that you like to fantasize about their deaths? Do you have a problem understanding that it is their living room, you are in? Do you frequently try to showoff your uneducated Christain hatred?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but that is the moral thing to do, how could the bible EVER be wrong?
Another instance where having no god is definitely preferable, to having a god. I really like that no can ever tell me to cook and eat children.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Another instance where having no god is definitely preferable, to having a god. I really like that no can ever tell me to cook and eat children.
How do you know whether or not you have a god?

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Can you demonstrate how your god is anything more than a figment of the imagination? If you can't there is no logical reason to believe.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I know? Well first of all, had I a god it would be a god who originated among my people, and in the land where they began.

Next, some peoples will accept a forced god, I am not among them. A missionary leaving with the land he came to save, firmly deeded to his church, and the saved natives, having gotten nothing from the deal except old clothing and guilt for being human, is not my concept of a god pusher's god worthy behavior.

Lastly, because I was once a Christain, and a believer. I totally believed, and it was some decades before I realized that to have a god, was to have a belief, but not a god. So the answer to your question is a god belief and a god are two different things. The god belief exists in many people, as it once did in me, but the gods exist only in the belief. Without the belief, I am of course without a god.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

<quoted text>Do they know that you like to fantasize about their deaths? Do you have a problem understanding that it is their living room, you are in? Do you frequently try to showoff your uneducated Christain hatred?
I take offence!
I am very well educated!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If there is even just one single child on this entire planet being touched (being thighed)by some adult male monster's penis, it is my business.
I am human, I am a mother, I am responsible for every child on earth, just like we all are meant to be. It is our most sacred duty, that of protecting the innocence and health of our little ones. How dare you stand up for that filth and then attack me for outing it?
These Muslim monsters who would rip and tear the bodies of newborn infants with their penises and you want me to accept it, to shut up and accept it? Screw you, you sick MF'er, screw you.
Why MUQ, why are babies turned into sex toys by you dirty monsters? Is it because the only thing you have any respect for is the penis and testes? None of you are men, you are less than animals
As I told you, you better see a mental doctor and tell that 25 hours a day, you see people "thighing" their babies and infants.

May be he will find a cure for you.

Why do you not focus on how many people are murdered each day in the whole world?

Just make their count and lament on this thread for so many lives lost each day.

That might take your mind off the "thighing of infants and children" for a while.

PS:

Are you the "Only Mother" on this thread? I did not see any one so bothered about "Thighing"? Did some one did any thing to your child? That might make a sense of your non sense.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well forget that insane religions at all. There is no heaven and of course no hell ether. Science is the only target for people.
That shows you did not read my post...well every one makes choices in his or her life.

No one can force any one to tow his or her line. I did my part, hearts of humans are in the fingers of our Creator.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

As I stated on the other thread, the very fact that you would dare make this argument shows the difference between us civilized, washed people and you Islamic sub human animals. Seriously any semi reasonable person would be ashamed to use the argument you just used, where you in effect say, don't worry so much about Islamic child raping, look at all the other bad stuff in the world instead, turn a blind eye to head clerics molesting children and infants already!

:shakes head:
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you, you better see a mental doctor and tell that 25 hours a day, you see people "thighing" their babies and infants.
May be he will find a cure for you.
Why do you not focus on how many people are murdered each day in the whole world?
Just make their count and lament on this thread for so many lives lost each day.
That might take your mind off the "thighing of infants and children" for a while.
PS:
Are you the "Only Mother" on this thread? I did not see any one so bothered about "Thighing"? Did some one did any thing to your child? That might make a sense of your non sense.

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
I take offence!
I am very well educated!
No you are not. Education shows in your every act, and you have shown none, at all. Other than basic primary skills, and a rudimentary grasp of the buybull, you've got nothing. And worst of all, you want nothing. You have long read these threads, and accepted that your god would make you cook and eat children and you are OK with that. You've got a fake god, a fake religion and a fake holier than thou facade.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min ChristineM 225,543
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 2 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 2 hr religionisillness 78
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 2 hr Patrick 286
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 2 hr Electrical Engineer 16
If Christianity were true... 3 hr Amused 122
•••
•••