Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,385

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

#5703 Feb 15, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
The CDC not mentioning something is hardly proof of anything..
The argument is simply that it is a confirmed truth that the non-religious and atheists kill themselves at much greater percentages than believers do.
This is established fact and even a little internet research will confirm it.
You and others look defensive and immune to fact when you try and deny it..
A little Internet research will confirm that Jesus Christ is female and or gay, it will also disclose that the bible describes Jesus breasts as it would that of a woman's breast. Now also a little Internet research will disclose that Martians rather than humans created man's gods, and that suicide is mostly likely committed by the extremely religious fundamentals, like Pentecostal. A little Internet research will net you any chosen outcome that you like.

Pick your conclusion, and the net will prove it for you

Earth,TX

#5704 Feb 15, 2013
His-truth wrote:
sickofit = "As humanity learns and educates itself we put aside religion and old myths"
always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth .......... 2 Timothy 3:7
The fear (awesome respect) of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction .......... Proverbs 1:7
You had better respect him, or he will make you eat your children.

Leviticus 26:29

Earth,TX

#5705 Feb 15, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Check you shorts.Then we'll talk about what is truly 'empty'
It takes a "vapid hole", to truly understand empty.

Is there a male Christain on earth, whose mind does not incessantly delve into the underwear contents of other men. Strawberry you are a closet case.

Earth,TX

#5706 Feb 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My religion tells me that it is one of the Biggest of the Big sins to kill any innocent man, women or child. Period!
Now you should ask the other side and demand proofs. Not from me. I can give references from Quran and sayings of prophet about what I mentioned as Islamic position.
Why you ask my opinion about some one who does a Sin?
Tell us about newborn and infant sinners. Tell us about the "innocents" who would thigh babies. Tell us.

Earth,TX

#5707 Feb 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yet muslims blow up "opposing" mosques regularly. Why?
<quoted text>
The magic word in MUQ's post is "innocent", if they were there and were blown up, they weren't innocent.

Earth,TX

#5708 Feb 15, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus."I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists."It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West – in parts of Scandinavia — it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic – the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man."Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul."Paul knew Jesus' brother, James, and he knew his closest disciple, Peter, and he tells us that he did," Ehrman says. "If Jesus didn't exist, you would think his brother would know about it, so I think Paul is probably pretty good evidence that Jesus at least existed," he says.In Did Jesus Exist?, Ehrman builds a technical argument and shows that one of the reasons for knowing that Jesus existed is that if someone invented Jesus, they would not have created a messiah who was so easily overcome."The Messiah was supposed to overthrow the enemies – and so if you're going to make up a messiah, you'd make up a powerful messiah," he says. "You wouldn't make up somebody who was humiliated, tortured and the killed by the enemies."So Jesus did exist, but who was he? Ehrman says when historians focus on the life of Jesus, they discover a Jesus who is completely different from the one portrayed by popular culture or by religious texts."The mythicists have some right things to say," Ehrman says. "The Gospels do portray Jesus in ways that are non-historical."When Raz asks Ehrman about his relationship to Jesus, Ehrman says that most of it is very historical but that Jesus teaches us valuable lessons."Jesus' teachings of love, and mercy and forgiveness, I think, really should dominate our lives," he says. "On the personal level, I agree with many of the ethical teachings of Jesus and I try to model my life on them, even though I don't agree with the apocalyptic framework in which they were put."
The messiahs are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and that is the uneducated who would feel no empathy for a "son of man", not unlike himself. That would not be proof of a creator god, or of his son, but rather proof of gullibility.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#5709 Feb 15, 2013
Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a "vapid hole", to truly understand empty.
Is there a male Christain on earth, whose mind does not incessantly delve into the underwear contents of other men. Strawberry you are a closet case.
If You don't mind please...leave your comments to those who have adressed YOU.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5710 Feb 15, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"... Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill,...."
And you don't think his research would be biased in any way ... right? Dumb butt!!
Ooger Booger

Are you familiar with the man's work? Do a little web research.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#5711 Feb 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Here is where a usually smart guy like Bart shoots himself in the foot.
He argues that if the other characters in the net testament are real Jesus is real! Lmfao! Seriously Bart? You can show Paul really existed? You have historical proof of James and that he was the brother of a guy you can't prove existed? Wtf?
The Jesus myth has to be true because he was tortured? Lmfao!
I see Bart never read and of that area's tragic fiction because it is dead up like Jesus.
<quoted text>
Perhaps he should replace his picture in his books with that of Tom Brady, you're not using it any more. That would show he's just as smart as you.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#5712 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>The messiahs are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and that is the uneducated who would feel no empathy for a "son of man", not unlike himself. That would not be proof of a creator god, or of his son, but rather proof of gullibility.
All hail the Great and All powerfull Wizard of Reason Personified....kneel all those who are not worthy to be in the precense of such a superior intellect.

In the words of James Tiberius Kirk,

"I'm laughing at your 'superior intellect' "
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5713 Feb 15, 2013
OB wrote:
So, if the religion is "straight from God", how can it be misused by mere mortals? God didn't see the distortions coming and could do nothing to prevent it? That would mean he can't be God, right?
Ans.

And who told you anything from God cannot be misused by humans?

God did create Uranium and see how humans are misusing it for planning to destroy entire humanity?

The religion is from Guide and it is only a set of guidelines for humans to practice and be successful in this world and in the hereafter.

It is like a Doctor’s prescription, it is only effective, if it is used properly and people avoid the prohibitions that are prescribed.

If God wanted to “force” every one to become like angels, what was the need to create humans and give them choice.

It is in the hereafter that the results shall be declared, one group shall go to heavens and another to hell.

Do you know in which group you belong to? I do not know, what about you?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5714 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>Tell us about newborn and infant sinners. Tell us about the "innocents" who would thigh babies. Tell us.
Any one who is psychopath and foul mouthed and full with hate and hatred and unable to post coherently is you and not me.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5715 Feb 15, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Yet muslims blow up "opposing" mosques regularly. Why?
<quoted text>
I am speaking about Islamic teachings and not what Muslims are doing.

A "Muslim" is one who is following the teachings of Islam.

Not one who has name like Ahmad, Khalid, Nasir etc.

Earth,TX

#5716 Feb 15, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>If You don't mind please...leave your comments to those who have adressed YOU.
This is an atheist thread* in an atheist forum, you ass wipe. I would never show up in your church, and say what I think of you and your interest in other males danglies. Maybe you should take your crap, to where your kind congregate, you are doing them no favors by mouthing off here.

*for all intents and purposes consider this our(the atheist) living room and when you're pissing all over the place, it says more about who you are, than who you think we are.

Earth,TX

#5717 Feb 15, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
All hail the Great and All powerfull Wizard of Reason Personified....kneel all those who are not worthy to be in the precense of such a superior intellect.
In the words of James Tiberius Kirk,
"I'm laughing at your 'superior intellect' "
And I am pitying your inferior one.

There is nothing so freeing as education, nor nothing so imprisoning as is the lack of that same education. There is reason for your shepherds calling the herd, "Sheep".

Earth,TX

#5718 Feb 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one who is psychopath and foul mouthed and full with hate and hatred and unable to post coherently is you and not me.
"Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> Tell us about newborn and infant sinners. Tell us about the "innocents" who would thigh babies. Tell us. "

Show me the incoherence in that post, and then tell us about "thighing babies.

For anyone who doesn't know, please google "thighing", and know that MUQ does like most Muslims do, he sanctions these atrocities by not standing against them.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5719 Feb 15, 2013
Hey if you got a crush on Tom Brady suggest that to him. I notice you couldn't refute what I said.

I humbly accept your surrender.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps he should replace his picture in his books with that of Tom Brady, you're not using it any more. That would show he's just as smart as you.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#5720 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
"Reason Personified wrote:
<quoted text> Tell us about newborn and infant sinners. Tell us about the "innocents" who would thigh babies. Tell us. "
Show me the incoherence in that post, and then tell us about "thighing babies.
For anyone who doesn't know, please google "thighing", and know that MUQ does like most Muslims do, he sanctions these atrocities by not standing against them.
I think you are of a very sick mind and sicklier thoughts.

You should see a mental doctor who might take your mind "off thighing".

You can tell to that mental doctor your problem that you only see "thigh" every where and any where.

When you are in your office and factory and bathroom, all you see is "thighs".

I am sure he would be able to find a solution and "De-thigh" your outlook.

And he would also advise you to change your Pseudo Name!!

Earth,TX

#5721 Feb 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are of a very sick mind and sicklier thoughts.
You should see a mental doctor who might take your mind "off thighing".
You can tell to that mental doctor your problem that you only see "thigh" every where and any where.
When you are in your office and factory and bathroom, all you see is "thighs".
I am sure he would be able to find a solution and "De-thigh" your outlook.
And he would also advise you to change your Pseudo Name!!
If there is even just one single child on this entire planet being touched (being thighed)by some adult male monster's penis, it is my business.

I am human, I am a mother, I am responsible for every child on earth, just like we all are meant to be. It is our most sacred duty, that of protecting the innocence and health of our little ones. How dare you stand up for that filth and then attack me for outing it?

These Muslim monsters who would rip and tear the bodies of newborn infants with their penises and you want me to accept it, to shut up and accept it? Screw you, you sick MF'er, screw you.

Why MUQ, why are babies turned into sex toys by you dirty monsters? Is it because the only thing you have any respect for is the penis and testes? None of you are men, you are less than animals

Since: Mar 11

United States

#5722 Feb 16, 2013
So all people with those names cannot be Muslims or good followers of Islam? Here's an idea Muq, maybe if the Quran didn't have so many examples of war and killing the non believer, so many Muslims wouldn't be killing themselves in it's name?

Has this ever occurred to you?

And seeing as how the Quran does have so many brutal bloody passages it makes you think, hmmm maybe this was written by an @sshole not some divine god!
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speaking about Islamic teachings and not what Muslims are doing.
A "Muslim" is one who is following the teachings of Islam.
Not one who has name like Ahmad, Khalid, Nasir etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 17 min Chiclets 22,982
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Dave Nelson 229,928
Our world came from nothing? 53 min Larry 1,015
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 7 hr Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. 7 hr Thinking 87
Islam for peace, or violence? 22 hr Thinking 26
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE