Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Comments (Page 274)

Showing posts 5,461 - 5,480 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
socci

Wheatland, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

socci

Wheatland, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

CBN Special Report: Islamization of France

www.youtube.com/watch...

www.youtube.com/watch...

socci

Wheatland, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

London

www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

That picture of Brady in his epic fail was good for chuckles.

Again your imaginary friend named god doesn't count and be honest, there is no proof that he is anything other than a figment of the imagination.

I for one have no fear of anything from heaven or hell even if they existed. I h e already kicked diablo's @ss on three different settings! Send me to hell I will be running the joint in a week and then heaven in a month.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor does your inflatable girl! Where's Brady? Awwww...ya went and took down his picture.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>It's 'religion" that tells you it's "acceptable" to strap explosives to your body and detonate yourself in a crowded market! Commiting suicide and taking multiple innocent lives with you is strictly a religious thing.
My religion tells me that it is one of the Biggest of the Big sins to kill any innocent man, women or child. Period!

Now you should ask the other side and demand proofs. Not from me. I can give references from Quran and sayings of prophet about what I mentioned as Islamic position.

Why you ask my opinion about some one who does a Sin?
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Yet muslims blow up "opposing" mosques regularly. Why?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My religion tells me that it is one of the Biggest of the Big sins to kill any innocent man, women or child. Period!
Now you should ask the other side and demand proofs. Not from me. I can give references from Quran and sayings of prophet about what I mentioned as Islamic position.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus? He's no myth rather recorded historic fact. Get over it. Your caveman? Not so much.
Please, give us a link to a credible source that proves Jesus existed.

Your second claim is even more far-fetched for there is tons of proof for the existence of the homo erectus and so on. It is not a belief, it is history, based on facts.

If you can't back yourself up when asked for sources, you obviously have no fact behind your claims. So be careful as to what your response is.

(Though I bet you'll just invalidate yourself like everyone else.)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus."I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists."It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West in parts of Scandinavia it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man."Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul."Paul knew Jesus' brother, James, and he knew his closest disciple, Peter, and he tells us that he did," Ehrman says. "If Jesus didn't exist, you would think his brother would know about it, so I think Paul is probably pretty good evidence that Jesus at least existed," he says.In Did Jesus Exist?, Ehrman builds a technical argument and shows that one of the reasons for knowing that Jesus existed is that if someone invented Jesus, they would not have created a messiah who was so easily overcome."The Messiah was supposed to overthrow the enemies and so if you're going to make up a messiah, you'd make up a powerful messiah," he says. "You wouldn't make up somebody who was humiliated, tortured and the killed by the enemies."So Jesus did exist, but who was he? Ehrman says when historians focus on the life of Jesus, they discover a Jesus who is completely different from the one portrayed by popular culture or by religious texts."The mythicists have some right things to say," Ehrman says. "The Gospels do portray Jesus in ways that are non-historical."When Raz asks Ehrman about his relationship to Jesus, Ehrman says that most of it is very historical but that Jesus teaches us valuable lessons."Jesus' teachings of love, and mercy and forgiveness, I think, really should dominate our lives," he says. "On the personal level, I agree with many of the ethical teachings of Jesus and I try to model my life on them, even though I don't agree with the apocalyptic framework in which they were put."
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
If one doesn't believe in a magical fairy in the sky named god, then one doesn't believe in it's children named angels.
Ergo one does not believe in satan since according to your fairy tales, he is a fallen angel.
Therefore satanism has nothing to do with atheism.
You religious nuts have nothing better to do than to deny reality and fact.
No satan of course no god!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the nuclear age is the result of godless thinking.
Nuclear age is a result of human science. It has not the daintest to do with "godless"!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
The nuclear age has not the slightest to do with religious phantasm. Nuclear age is a child of science!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus? He's no myth rather recorded historic fact. Get over it. Your caveman? Not so much.
Jesus? Oh he is dead for 2000 years or so!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the nuclear age is the result of science! This has of course nothing to do with religious garbage!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't anyone criticize religious belief using school, hospitals, adoption agencies, children's relief organizations, food banks, etc. "Those evil Christians (or Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Etc.), with all their hospitals, schools, universities, food distribution networks, clothing giveaways, charities.....always trying to subvert humanity, if only they'd just go away, mankind would be so much better off". As we all know man kind without religion would thus be able to return to the "better angels of our nature".
I am sorry, in the nuclear age,it is very uncertain for humanity to survive!
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

The Sun is nuclear powered. Merkel wants to replace it with a much dimmer sun and make the existing sun illegal.
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>I am sorry, in the nuclear age,it is very uncertain for humanity to survive!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus."I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists."It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West in parts of Scandinavia it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man."Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul."Paul knew Jesus' brother, James, and he knew his closest disciple, Peter, and he tells us that he did," Ehrman says. "If Jesus didn't exist, you would think his brother would know about it, so I think Paul is probably pretty good evidence that Jesus at least existed," he says.In Did Jesus Exist?, Ehrman builds a technical argument and shows that one of the reasons for knowing that Jesus existed is that if someone invented Jesus, they would not have created a messiah who was so easily overcome."The Messiah was supposed to overthrow the enemies and so if you're going to make up a messiah, you'd make up a powerful messiah," he says. "You wouldn't make up somebody who was humiliated, tortured and the killed by the enemies."So Jesus did exist, but who was he? Ehrman says when historians focus on the life of Jesus, they discover a Jesus who is completely different from the one portrayed by popular culture or by religious texts."The mythicists have some right things to say," Ehrman says. "The Gospels do portray Jesus in ways that are non-historical."When Raz asks Ehrman about his relationship to Jesus, Ehrman says that most of it is very historical but that Jesus teaches us valuable lessons."Jesus' teachings of love, and mercy and forgiveness, I think, really should dominate our lives," he says. "On the personal level, I agree with many of the ethical teachings of Jesus and I try to model my life on them, even though I don't agree with the apocalyptic framework in which they were put."
"... Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill,...."

And you don't think his research would be biased in any way ... right? Dumb butt!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

But your religion also teaches infidels are not innocent and deserving of death. And you know it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Bart claims to be an agnostic now yet often reverts to his old Fundie ways.
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"... Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill,...."
And you don't think his research would be biased in any way ... right? Dumb butt!!

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
So, did Jesus really exist? With his new book, Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth,
Nazareth didn't exist when Jesus was supposed to have lived.
http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/nazareth.htm...
Pietro Armando wrote:
Bart Ehrman, historian and professor of religious studies at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, wanted to provide solid historical evidence for the existence of Jesus."I wanted to approach this question as an historian to see whether that's right or not," Ehrman tells weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz.The answer is straightforward and widely accepted among scholars of all faiths, but Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists."It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some parts of the West in parts of Scandinavia it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.Mythicists' arguments are fairly plausible, Ehrman says. According to them, Jesus was never mentioned in any Roman sources and there is no archeological evidence that Jesus ever existed. Even Christian sources are problematic the Gospels come long after Jesus' death, written by people who never saw the man."Most importantly," he explains, "these mythicists point out that there are Pagan gods who were said to die and rise again and so the idea is that Jesus was made up as a Jewish god who died and rose again."In his book, Ehrman marshals all of the evidence proving the existence of Jesus, including the writings of the apostle Paul."Paul knew Jesus' brother, James, and he knew his closest disciple, Peter, and he tells us that he did," Ehrman says. "If Jesus didn't exist, you would think his brother would know about it, so I think Paul is probably pretty good evidence that Jesus at least existed," he says.In Did Jesus Exist?, Ehrman builds a technical argument and shows that one of the reasons for knowing that Jesus existed is that if someone invented Jesus, they would not have created a messiah who was so easily overcome."The Messiah was supposed to overthrow the enemies and so if you're going to make up a messiah, you'd make up a powerful messiah," he says. "You wouldn't make up somebody who was humiliated, tortured and the killed by the enemies."So Jesus did exist, but who was he? Ehrman says when historians focus on the life of Jesus, they discover a Jesus who is completely different from the one portrayed by popular culture or by religious texts."The mythicists have some right things to say," Ehrman says. "The Gospels do portray Jesus in ways that are non-historical."When Raz asks Ehrman about his relationship to Jesus, Ehrman says that most of it is very historical but that Jesus teaches us valuable lessons."Jesus' teachings of love, and mercy and forgiveness, I think, really should dominate our lives," he says. "On the personal level, I agree with many of the ethical teachings of Jesus and I try to model my life on them, even though I don't agree with the apocalyptic framework in which they were put."
I think there was an actual "Jesus", but he wasn't like the character in the gospels. He has the same relationship to the Jesus of the buy-bull that St. Nikolaus has to Santa.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that you're reading what I write is evidence that I exist.

Otherwise you're just talking to yourself and you're just crazier than originally thought.
Nope, no evidence. The server will crash and you will be gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,461 - 5,480 of14,394
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••