Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 Full story: News24 14,477

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking. Full Story

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5579 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?
Did any of them present any testable evidence for the existence of a god?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5580 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Okay that cute....
Don't know English? It's "that's" not "that."

I know I'm cute, as for you, you're a troll, so you're quite the opposite.

Montreal

#5581 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?
And where's their proof of a god's existence?

Oh look, you didn't answer the question, once again you fail to reply with validity.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#5582 Feb 12, 2013
Argument to authority logical fallacy. Can't you people do any better?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5583 Feb 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Argument to authority logical fallacy. Can't you people do any better?
<quoted text>
Would u prefer Patrick Henry so as to fit with your moniker?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#5584 Feb 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
I know I'm cute, as for you, you're a troll, so you're quite the opposite.
That's not what my bride says. I'm her big Italian Teddy Bear. Laces out.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#5585 Feb 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether they were or not, none produced testable evidence of a god, any god. BTW, where is the ark of the covenant?
Hmmmmm....I don't know...maybe we should ask Joan.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5586 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a matter of who, it's a matter of the evidence.
I'm not interested in clever quotes you ask people to like and share on facebook.
Did he present testable evidence for the existence of a god?

United States

#5587 Feb 12, 2013
Do you not understand appeal to authority logical fallacy? Are you seriously this stupid?

Surely you idiots can do better!
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Montreal

#5588 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what my bride says. I'm her big Italian Teddy Bear. Laces out.
"Laces out" doesn't even make sense.
Again, learn English, then troll or respond with something valid.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#5589 Feb 12, 2013
HEY! What you tree swinging Ape-ist bi#ching about tonight?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5590 Feb 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are a psychopath. You have no empathy for your fellow human beings.
Why are we psychopath?

We deliver the message of truth to people and are ready to answer their doubts and questions.

But if they continue to reject the truth, who is to blame?

If they choose to fall from a high cliff, why the creator of cliff is Psychopath? No one forced them to fall from that cliff.

They chose to fall from the cliff and they should face the consequences.

What type of reverse logic is yours?

Do you mean to say that we should say "come, come, take a good view from this cliff, fall if you want, nothing will happen to you?

How illogical and psychopath YOU people sound!!

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5591 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm....I don't know...maybe we should ask Joan.
There is evidence Joan existed, not so much for the ark. So good luck with that.

United States

#5592 Feb 12, 2013
Many consider blowing yourself up to kill children being a psychopath. It's an honor in Islam as you have admitted.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we psychopath?
We deliver the message of truth to people and are ready to answer their doubts and questions.
If they choose to fall from a high cliff, why the creator of cliff is Psychopath? No one forced them to fall from that cliff.
Do you mean to say that we should say "come, come, take a good view from this cliff, fall if you want, nothing will happen to you?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5593 Feb 13, 2013
John wrote:
Different atheists have different standards of morality. Humanists like me believe that certain moral principles like not killing, not stealing are basic common sense rules that are necessary for the survival of society. whereas your Muslim morals are purely subjective and ridiculous.
Ans.

I appreciate your "subjective opinion" about Islamic Morals.

And it shows that you have no knowledge about Islam and are confusing Islam with Muslims.

As for different atheists having different standards is self evident by the "very definition of Atheism".

I hope the same 'Atheist" principles be used in Army and Police and other "organized units" to see how effective they become.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5594 Feb 13, 2013
Hill wrote:
01. Most of the Animal Kingdom only kills for food nor will they fight to the death. Are they therefore more moral than us? There are certain basic, universal 'morals' that are so basic and so universal they are almost instinctual. "Don't foul your own nest", "don't kill members of your own species" and "protect the young" are examples. We can largely thank religion for helping us overcome these natural incentives. In fact, it's safe to say that religion's impact on Humanity has been largely Amoral, violent and divisive.

02. What Atheists, Free Thinkers and Humanists are struggling towards is a way of life, a way of thinking ... where we do not judge or expect people to be reflections of ourselves..

03. You really got to chuck off religion, superstition, ignorance and your preconceptions to get there and it ain't easy. It doesn't really make you feel good, not like simply going .

Thank You.
Ans.

01. You are right, animals kill for food and survival. But humans are not animals, they do not kill other humans for "food or survival".

They kill and enslave and plan to kill and torture other humans and nations and groups which "no Animal might have ever imagined".

For animals there is no question of morality because they kill to survive.

It is humans who have the question of morality to answer for their actions.

Religions impact on society is never immoral or violent or divisive….however there have been many people who "use the name of religion" to further their own desires and their vanities.

No religion is to be blamed for these acts.

02. You are right, atheist are "free thinkers" and any thing "free" swings from one extreme to another extreme.

So we find Atheists of one age or one nation having views which are totally opposite to the views of atheists of another nation.

Since they lack any other source of information, other than their own minds, so they keep on making "experiments"

And that has landed us on the "necessity" to treat Sodomites and Lesbians like "equals" to propagate nudity, free sex and use of gambling, alcohol and narcotics.

Atheists would turn this world into a "free" world no doubt and that might be early end to human civilization.

03. You are free to make your view about religion. My job is to present the truth as best as I can and leave the rest to our Creator.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#5595 Feb 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Many consider blowing yourself up to kill children being a psychopath. It's an honor in Islam as you have admitted.
<quoted text>
Islam does not teach that you blow your children to kill innocent men, women and children.

Those doing it, might be psychopath, but they are not following teachings of Islam.

How killing innocent people be an honor in Islam? It is regarded as One of Biggest of the Big sins.

May be you got your wires cross wired (as you do most often)
Thinking

Yeovil, UK

#5596 Feb 13, 2013
It happens a lot, fuckwit. Looks like you're hooked on sin.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How killing innocent people be an honor in Islam? It is regarded as One of Biggest of the Big sins.

United States

#5597 Feb 13, 2013
Yet you have been given several opportunities to condemn the 911 hijackers for example and have each time refused to do so. That tells us the real story and your real stance on the issue.

Honestly Muq look around you. Just look around you. The entire Middle East is a cauldron of hate and violence with much of it being directed towards other Muslims! Sin Muq? No. People who believe in Islam use passages from the Quran to defend and explain why they send mentally retarded children with a bomb strapped to their chest into a shopping mall to kill as many children as possible.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam does not teach that you blow your children to kill innocent men, women and children.
Those doing it, might be psychopath, but they are not following teachings of Islam.
May be you got your wires cross wired (as you do most often)

Montreal

#5598 Feb 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>Why are we psychopath?

If you think that religion is the only thing that stops you from killing people, that makes you a psychopath.
If you were to stop believing in your god for a few minutes or your faith even faltered, your publicly voiced opinions claim that you would go out and jut murder someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min KiMare 232,878
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 6 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 16 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 16 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 16 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 23 hr Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web