Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

There are 14655 comments on the News24 story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. In it, News24 reports that:

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News24.

“Blue Collar Philosopher”

Since: Nov 08

Texas, USA

#5563 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll? What..... ya mean those little plastic colored dolls with the crazy hair sold in gumball machines? I thought non beleivers were supposed to be smarter than that.
Yes. Of course, you are aware that those dolls are actually tiny likenesses of beings who inhabit the dark, damp regions under bridges? They only show themselves when someone tries to cross "their" bridge and demand a payment of some kind. I'm sure you've heard of Troll Bridges, even in Neverland.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#5564 Feb 12, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet he's wrong, Satan is real. LeVay probably even knows that and just likes to deceive people, like the pope.
Please provide some objective, testable, falsifiable evidence that Satan is real.

:::crickets chirping:::

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5565 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide some objective, testable, falsifiable evidence that Satan is real.
:::crickets chirping:::
Awwwww c'mon Rose....way too easy...perhaps a mirror would convince you.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5566 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwww c'mon Rose....way too easy...perhaps a mirror would convince you.
You really should stay away from school playgrounds. Using the argument style of 6 yr olds isn't helping you in the least... although it is somewhat amusing in the "oh look, that drunk pissed himself" kind of way

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5567 Feb 12, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You really should stay away from school playgrounds. Using the argument style of 6 yr olds isn't helping you in the least... although it is somewhat amusing in the "oh look, that drunk pissed himself" kind of way
Awwwwwww...shucks....you say the sweetest things.

What argument could be offered to convince someone who does not believe , that God exists, or vice versa. There are great minds on both sides of the debate, not necessarily on this forum. Either one has a belief in God, the possibility of God, or gods, something beyond this physical existence, or one does not. Quite simple.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#5568 Feb 12, 2013
True. I am sure now because of your post we have at least 10 believers saying.... That there CDC is the agent O that there devil!

:)
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism were a significant risk factor for suicide, I suspect that the CDC would list it as such on this page:
http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/suicide...
or at least list religious faith as a protective factor.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5569 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Troll? What..... ya mean those little plastic colored dolls with the crazy hair sold in gumball machines? I thought non beleivers were supposed to be smarter than that.
Trying too hard I see.
Playing stupid only makes you look stupid.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5570 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats!

No, I didn't.:)
Lol.
How's life?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5571 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwww c'mon Rose....way too easy...perhaps a mirror would convince you.
Why, are you standing behind her?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5572 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Awwwwwww...shucks....y ou say the sweetest things.

What argument could be offered to convince someone who does not believe , that God exists, or vice versa. There are great minds on both sides of the debate, not necessarily on this forum. Either one has a belief in God, the possibility of God, or gods, something beyond this physical existence, or one does not. Quite simple.
See, there's the difference, you believe; we know.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5573 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwww...shucks....you say the sweetest things.
What argument could be offered to convince someone who does not believe , that God exists, or vice versa. There are great minds on both sides of the debate, not necessarily on this forum. Either one has a belief in God, the possibility of God, or gods, something beyond this physical existence, or one does not. Quite simple.
Well, why haven't any of those great minds presented any testable evidence for the existence of a god...ever?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5574 Feb 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
How's life?
It's pretty good.
Thinking of trying to learn to sing.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5575 Feb 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, are you standing behind her?
Okay that cute....Salud. As to why I'm standing behind her.....a gentleman never tells.:)

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5576 Feb 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, why haven't any of those great minds presented any testable evidence for the existence of a god...ever?
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5577 Feb 12, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying too hard I see.
Playing stupid only makes you look stupid.
Oh and calling people "troll" makes u look brilliant?

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#5578 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?
Whether they were or not, none produced testable evidence of a god, any god. BTW, where is the ark of the covenant?

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#5579 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?
Did any of them present any testable evidence for the existence of a god?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5580 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
Okay that cute....
Don't know English? It's "that's" not "that."

I know I'm cute, as for you, you're a troll, so you're quite the opposite.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#5581 Feb 12, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?
And where's their proof of a god's existence?

Oh look, you didn't answer the question, once again you fail to reply with validity.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#5582 Feb 12, 2013
Argument to authority logical fallacy. Can't you people do any better?
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose....sigh....Was George Washington a great mind? Lincoln? Ghandi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 24 min USaWarringIdiotSo... 9,438
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 41 min Rosa_Winkel 243,450
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Brian_G 19,796
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 15 hr thetruth 6,221
News Atheism must be about more than just not believ... Sat Amused 2
Should atheists have the burden of proof? Sat thetruth 38
News Founders created secular nation (Jul '10) Sat knight of Jesus 521
More from around the web