Why Atheism Will Replace Religion

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News24

Please note that for this article "Atheism" also includes agnostics, deists, pagans, wiccans... in other words non-religious.

You will notice this is a statement of fact. And to be fact it is supported by evidence (see references below). Now you can have "faith" that this is not true, but by the very definition of faith, that is just wishful thinking.
Comments
5,261 - 5,280 of 14,385 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, anectdotes don't prove anything.
Lol! I wasn't the only one that witnessed it but its true. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Not all atheists would do this.

“There are other issues.”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Sure.
Yep! Sure.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

That hope that makes them blow themselves up Muq?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right in your analysis.
A believer has some hope even in the worst of condition, so he hangs on to the hope and does not kill himself / herself.
An atheist on the other hand has no hope of anything. He or she will themselves whenever they think that going is too rough.
They lead the life, unloved and unsung and they also die like that.
I do not know what are their last rites? They are lowered in their graves "In the name of Charles Darwin...."?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I wasn't the only one that witnessed it but its true. Sorry to hurt your feelings. Not all atheists would do this.
Why would my feelings be hurt? You haven't proven anything. <shrugs>
Fitz

Saint Clair Shores, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would my feelings be hurt? You haven't proven anything. <shrugs>
Well I'm glad our eeling are not hurt,knowing you guys you might end up killing yourself.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm glad our eeling are not hurt,knowing you guys you might end up killing yourself.
Do you have the ability to post anything relevant to any conversation? I mean, your replies never have anything to do with the original post you reply to.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Putting christards out of a job?
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's what it demonstrates. Christians are human too.....and capable of cruelty as well as benevolence, as anyone else.
Right, well, if they do evil AFTER becoming Christian, what is the point of having a religion again??

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
What he's saying is; why would you throw away the only life you get? That's why the poster he replied to is just pulling things out of their ass.
Baloney! More atheists commit suicide than those who are religious.

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx...

A belief in no afterlife didn't stop godless communist regimes from engaging in wholesale torture and genocide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_killings_un...
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Bollocks.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief in no afterlife didn't stop godless communist regimes from engaging in wholesale torture and genocide.

“Engaged to the love of my life”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
Ahhhhh......there's something about the aroma of marinara sauce simmering on the stove....its down right soulful I tell ya. The problem with Atheists is that other than April Fool's Day, they have no holidays. Vita e' Bella.
The article was about the non-religious, not atheists specifically. Your comment is against those without religion so it is against all those the article lists as well.

Now that I've said the above:
Many of the holidays we celebrate are originally pagan holidays. The biggest example is Christmas.
Now, even if the majority of the holidays we celebrate weren't created by non-religious people, how do the majority of people spend holidays like Christmas?
In a church? Praying all day?
No, they celebrate by joining with family for a day or a few days.
The holidays are cultural, not religious.

You think atheists, pagans, agnostics, and so on, never celebrate any holidays? If so, that is the most ignorant thinking I've come across in a long time.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>Baloney! More atheists commit suicide than those who are religious.

Your first link leads nowhere but to an error page.
And so that argument is useless for you have nothing to back you up save for opinion, and opinion is not fact.

Your second link and point has nothing to do with atheism, for communism is not an atheistic practice. Communism is economy-related, not religion-related.

Your post has no substance, and so there is nothing to even attempt to refute.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have the ability to post anything relevant to any conversation? I mean, your replies never have anything to do with the original post you reply to.
Fitz also parades the "Gay and Lesbian" threads. His posts are never on topic and contain not a single grain of truth.

Montreal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>Why would my feelings be hurt? You haven't proven anything. <shrugs>
A lot of these people that think their faith is truth and fact believe that atheists are offended by their beliefs.
It's like going up to someone and saying unicorns exist and then telling them you're sorry for offending them.
It's completely irrational and I never understood it, but that's how these people think.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

The link you stole from chuckle chuckle yahoo answers about suicide doesn't work. The actual studies on suicide and religious affiliation have been inconclusive and contradictory. Only deeply religious people have shown a slight % lower than non believers in suicide rates. However if you include Muslims the rate swings wildly the other direction.

Yawn how many times are you like the typical christian apologetic you are, going to pull the totalitarian card? Seriously can't you do any better than that chumpstain?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
The link you stole from chuckle chuckle yahoo answers about suicide doesn't work. The actual studies on suicide and religious affiliation have been inconclusive and contradictory. Only deeply religious people have shown a slight % lower than non believers in suicide rates. However if you include Muslims the rate swings wildly the other direction.
Yawn how many times are you like the typical christian apologetic you are, going to pull the totalitarian card? Seriously can't you do any better than that chumpstain?
<quoted text>
Any study casting the atheist in an unfavorable light is always seen as "inconclusive and contradictory" whereas the atheist's dubious Darwin fairy tales are considered gospel. LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first link leads nowhere but to an error page.
And so that argument is useless for you have nothing to back you up save for opinion, and opinion is not fact.
Your second link and point has nothing to do with atheism, for communism is not an atheistic practice. Communism is economy-related, not religion-related.
Your post has no substance, and so there is nothing to even attempt to refute.
Godless is as godless does.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Darwin, evolution an atheism have nothing to do with each other.

Wow you retards really can't do any better can you?
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>
Any study casting the atheist in an unfavorable light is always seen as "inconclusive and contradictory" whereas the atheist's dubious Darwin fairy tales are considered gospel. LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Darwin, evolution an atheism have nothing to do with each other.
Wow you retards really can't do any better can you?
<quoted text>
Which doesn't explain why atheists routinely refer to science's myths (big bang, evolution, natural selection) to renounce the existence of God.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Straw man.
BBSting wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 53 min sweets2360 224,357
Our world came from nothing? 10 hr NightSerf 240
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 13 hr Patrick 385
What does "Atheism" mean? 15 hr Reason Personified 10
Introducing The Universal Religion 15 hr Reason Personified 733
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 hr DonPanic 21,400
Talking some sense into you people... 22 hr religionisillness 24
•••
•••